• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

What is "true skill" and how is it calculated? thx
its usually very accurate at showing someone's skill by calculating either win/loss ratio or their k/d.

Did anyone manage to grab the Trials of Osiris Rocket Launcher "Tomorrow's Answer"?

I love how the ToO weapons are basically custom tailored for PvP:

Warhead Verniers, Tripod, Javelin or Heavy Payload, and Grenades & Horseshoes. All at 365 Attack Void Damage.

It's Truth's baby brother, and close to the next best thing to Truth you can get for a Legendary.
I got it. So you're saying I should use it for trials this weekend? Is it still good even without trAcking?

MildSoss

I feel like Radegast's fury with proximity and field scout is still better, it has higher blast radius and same velocity. Basically I do not see what Tomorrow's Answer does that custom Radegast can't. I have Radegast with field scout, Proximity and the perk that increases reload speed after you get a kill with the final rocket in magazine.

I got both Tommorow's answer and a Radegasts fury with the same exact perks you have and yeah, Radegasts is still better just 'cause of the blast radius alone.

Ok, so need a little help here destiny gaf. ( I'll read the OT post after i post this so feel free to no reply with anything covered there. )

Need a little help people. Me and my GF are major fans of the halo world and series. She finds that really getting involved and learning about the lore helps to make a game more fun and interesting. She (and i as well) dont like playing if we are doing stuff for no reason with little to no explanation. That being said we have no problem "looking for the story" (i just got done with blood born and loved it, and thats a good example of "You have to find the story")

My questions are

1. What is the best way to start the game and go through it while still getting the story and learning about whats happening and why.
2. How much can 2 people do, we kind of dont want to play with alot of other people on this (mainly cause 2-3 friends of ours almost ruined the game for us by getting to level 20+ while we were gone for a week and just sped run us through everything so we didnt get to enjoy actually playing.) Can 2 people go through the whole game no problem? (including raids)

Unfortunately, Destiny is not a case where you have to 'find the story'. The story simply is not in the game. You'll have no idea why you're doing the things you're doing. Other characters know, but you aren't told anything. A literal line from the game is "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain". That's Destiny's story. There are some Grimoire cards you can read that give some more insight into the world but, as of now, it's a universe filmed with things with fancy names we don't know anything about. Think the vague Forerunner lore from Halo 1, turn it up 200 percent and spread it out over the entire game. That's Destiny.

You can do Story missions and Strikes. Prison of Elders, now, too, but it won't be easy. You won't be able to do the Raids, especially not the Vault of Glass. That one requires teamwork and needs at least four people, preferably more. Crota's End can be exploited so it can be solo'd or played by two players, but it's not recommended if you both have no knowledge of it whatsoever.

That said, the GAF group here is a great way to get introduced to raids. I heartily recommend it. If, however, you're adamant about only playing with the two of you and experiencing the story, then this game isn't worth your time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1. What is the best way to start the game and go through it while still getting the story and learning about whats happening and why.
Well, start from the beginning, and look in the grimoire on Bungie.net at the cards for anything referenced in a story mission. Every time you see a grimoire card acquired message, check out what it was about. there are some fan videos that put together many of the pieces on certain concepts.

Just be warned, while the lore is quite cool and rich, the story itself is incredibly weak.
2. How much can 2 people do, we kind of dont want to play with alot of other people on this (mainly cause 2-3 friends of ours almost ruined the game for us by getting to level 20+ while we were gone for a week and just sped run us through everything so we didnt get to enjoy actually playing.) Can 2 people go through the whole game no problem? (including raids)
You can play through the full storyline with just two and run a couple endgame activities, and a couple more if you're willing to be matchmade with a third player.

Absolutely not as far as the raids, which really require a full six unless the group is extremely well prepared and looking for additional challenge. I do run newbie raids once a week if you are interested once you get to be at-level.

I feel like Radegast's fury with proximity and field scout is still better, it has higher blast radius and same velocity. Basically I do not see what Tomorrow's Answer does that custom Radegast can't. I have Radegast with field scout, Proximity and the perk that increases reload speed after you get a kill with the final rocket in magazine.

its bigger and yellow

Shito

I'm up for a PoE 32. psn: okayrene

33 Saints-14 Bubble Bro

Yeah I'll hop on.
Thanks guys, that was a really clean run.
Happy to have been able to play with you unstable, didn't wanna sound like a fanboy while doing it so I kept my mouth shut but it was a cool surprise to see you hop in on this; I've watched your stream this week-end and found you were really a cool, laid back and funny guy to listen to, so I was really happy doing this run with you.
Love those GAF runs.

Carl

My team just spent 5 hours doing PoE 34 (3 hours of that on Round 4) and then game up. Fuck me is that stupid. Did it last week with 2 33s and a 32. This week we struggled with 3 33s. Qodron is an arse.

Lnkn52

General rule of thumb, Ascended is more important than Maxed when dealing with the new content. whether or not it's actually 365, you'll want a current tier sniper of some sort (at least 334)
Just don't know which sniper to ascend. Limited etheric light, so LDR or Her Benevolence. Or buy one from the vendors.

Not even sure I'll bother with PoE's this week. Bungie still has some work. Think I might take a break, honestly. Do the weeklies and the nightfalls, but that's it. I'm not really motivated to keep playing, last week burned me out.

Ah well, I'll be back soon.

ethomaz

Banned
Got a key.

I just did 3 queen bounties and get it from a reward package... it wasn't level up.

I can do a new PoE now.

Even with the bounty resets, there is no one here on patrol for the prowling wolves bounties. Just solo'd 2, looks like I will have to do a third solo as well.

OkayRene

Thanks guys, that was a really clean run.
Happy to have been able to play with you unstable, didn't wanna sound like a fanboy while doing it so I kept my mouth shut but it was a cool surprise to see you hop in on this; I've watched your stream this week-end and found you were really a cool, laid back and funny guy to listen to, so I was really happy doing this run with you.
Love those GAF runs.

Yeah thanks for the invite! 👍

ocean

Banned
Anybody running PoE?

The bosses are different now?
32: last week's 34 (including that annoying round 4 of Hive arc burn)
34: Atheon's baby bro. Gjallarhorn, pop in bubble for synth and horn again. 3 players dropping two full mags will melt him before weird debuffs and detain shields begin
35: same as last week but Skolas now has Arc instead of Solar burn. 4th Horseman seems to rape him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got home, would love to do a Nightfall or 32 PoE. And by "do" I mean "get carried."

PSN Anoregon

Ji66a-Man

Yup, we all had different snipers but all were 365, high impact and had final round and/or field scout for extra dps.

My LDR didn't have Final Round or Field Scout, but it still put in work.
B7jxdPW.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
32: last week's 34 (including that annoying round 4 of Hive arc burn)
34: Atheon's baby bro. Gjallarhorn, pop in bubble for synth and horn again. 3 players dropping two full mags will melt him before weird debuffs and detain shields begin
35: same as last week but Skolas now has Arc instead of Solar burn. 4th Horseman seems to rape him.
So the 34 have a new grimoire card? Thanks.

I'm up for PoE 34 guys :)

I recorded a video playing around with the Nothing Manacles and Scatter Grenades video.

Video.

Excuse the glitchiness at the beginning, not sure what that's about. The recharge time on the Scatters is ridiculous with the fullish Discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom