• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

So how does it feel that the top ToO player on Playstation was playing ToO as... a... a... WARLOCK?
Thanks for posting this, didn't know this website shows true skill. Going to do some research on these top players to see their builds, weapons, and armor to get an idea on what to do this weekend.

ethomaz

Banned
Not surprising considering Firebolt is the best and most OP grenade in the game. The abilities of Warlocks are so strong for both PvE and PvP I hate them with a passion. That is the reason why that filthy fucker had to go first.
It feels so good when you thrown a grenade in the camping dudes and all of them dies lol lol lol I did that a lot of times and get 2 or 3 kills more frequently than I expected.

nOoblet16

Not surprising considering Firebolt is the best and most OP grenade in the game. The abilities of Warlocks are so strong for both PvE and PvP I hate them with a passion. That is the reason why that filthy fucker had to go first.

You've made me intrigued about this scuff gamepad mod, but it's so expensive !
What do you think about the analogue sticks that scuff sells?

AtticuSMT

Banned
Ok, so need a little help here destiny gaf. ( I'll read the OT post after i post this so feel free to no reply with anything covered there. )

Need a little help people. Me and my GF are major fans of the halo world and series. She finds that really getting involved and learning about the lore helps to make a game more fun and interesting. She (and i as well) dont like playing if we are doing stuff for no reason with little to no explanation. That being said we have no problem "looking for the story" (i just got done with blood born and loved it, and thats a good example of "You have to find the story")

My questions are

1. What is the best way to start the game and go through it while still getting the story and learning about whats happening and why.
2. How much can 2 people do, we kind of dont want to play with alot of other people on this (mainly cause 2-3 friends of ours almost ruined the game for us by getting to level 20+ while we were gone for a week and just sped run us through everything so we didnt get to enjoy actually playing.) Can 2 people go through the whole game no problem? (including raids)

stb

Quoting in case any of the late team people didn't see this earlier.

The 9:30 team only has 2 confirmations for raiding; many of them opted to do NF/PoE stuff tonight. If anyone wants to raid at 9:30pm Eastern, please quote and include your PSN info to see if we can get a second team filled out.

Tuesday evening raiders: Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming?

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

Please do 3 things this week:
1) confirm your availability
2) indicate your time preference
3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

Draft Itinerary:
- NM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- NM CE full (my baby hunter needs armor drops!)
- NM DS/Crota 3x
- HM DS/Crota 3x (we should be able to do this with the level increases; let's get those Cruxes, people) (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons through GK
- HM Atheon 3x
(as time allows, of course, but with our level and armor rating buffs, we should be able to stroll through this)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
5) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
6) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

NF/PoE
1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52)
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) [might be up to raid if necessary]
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) [may be around to do raid activities after]

Alts
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Lima

You've made me intrigued about this scuff gamepad mod, but it's so expensive !
What do you think about the analogue sticks that scuff sells?

Oh yeah I remember your post and was on mobile so I didn't respond earlier but now that I'm home I wanted to get to it.

I personally can't speak for the quality of the mod when you send in your own controller but considering that they are not the most professional company anyway and seem more like a bunch of cool dudes that hack their stuff together in a garage I would say go for it. Sending your own controller guarantees that you like the feel and at least the buttons all work and you have no annoying things like stick drifting etc.

The sticks are awful and pretty much everyone on the internet not sponsored by Scuf is gonna tell you the same. They have a weird texture and don't last very long. I mean do you like the PS4 sticks and are okay with them? Then go standard. You can always get some Kontrolfreeks if you want more height or a different texture.

That said I would go for two paddles and EMR so you can remap every button you want to the paddles.

XenoRaven

Damn, never mind. Friend just ask me to help him with something. If you guys haven't gone by the time I'm done I'll go, but don't wait for me.

X-Frame

Did anyone manage to grab the Trials of Osiris Rocket Launcher "Tomorrow's Answer"?

I love how the ToO weapons are basically custom tailored for PvP:

Warhead Verniers, Tripod, Javelin or Heavy Payload, and Grenades & Horseshoes. All at 365 Attack Void Damage.

It's Truth's baby brother, and close to the next best thing to Truth you can get for a Legendary.

Did anyone manage to grab the Trials of Osiris Rocket Launcher "Tomorrow's Answer"?

I love how the ToO weapons are basically custom tailored for PvP:

Warhead Verniers, Tripod, Javelin or Heavy Payload, and Grenades & Horseshoes. All at 365 Attack Void Damage.

It's Truth's baby brother, and close to the next best thing to Truth you can get for a Legendary.

am dying for this. the truth model is my favorite for rocket launchers. dont like the boxy ones

nOoblet16

Oh yeah I remember your post and was on mobile so I didn't respond earlier but now that I'm home I wanted to get to it.

I personally can't speak for the quality of the mod when you send in your own controller but considering that they are not the most professional company anyway and seem more like a bunch of cool dudes that hack their stuff together in a garage I would say go for it. Sending your own controller guarantees that you like the feel and at least the buttons all work and you have no annoying things like stick drifting etc.

The sticks are awful and pretty much everyone on the internet not sponsored by Scuf is gonna tell you the same. They have a weird texture and don't last very long. I mean do you like the PS4 sticks and are okay with them? Then go standard. You can always get some Kontrolfreeks if you want more height or a different texture.

That said I would go for two paddles and EMR so you can remap every button you want to the paddles.
I like the PS4 sticks. On a slightly related note, I bought two DS4 at launch but had to replace one a year later due to issues. The plastic on the replacement controller feels thicker and more slippery and the rubber on the analogue stick feels sturdier and firmer compared to the softer rubber of the original one....even one year later. Donno how to explain this but the analogue stick feels more plastic than rubber.

And I've been wondering since then, did they change the build quality of the DS4 sometime down the line from release?

nOoblet16

am dying for this. the truth model is my favorite for rocket launchers. dont like the boxy ones

I feel like Radegast's fury with proximity and field scout is still better, it has higher blast radius and same velocity. Basically I do not see what Tomorrow's Answer does that custom Radegast can't. I have Radegast with field scout, Proximity and the perk that increases reload speed after you get a kill with the final rocket in magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom