• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some notes-
The Eye constantly spawns if there isn't one up. And it spawns near the boss(The doorway to the left of the middle platform). It will always go towards you though.

You CAN break the jail without the buff, I've done it with a Found Verdict.

On the first point, if you kill an Eye way before the jail phase, another one will usually spawn so you can "Reset" the buff.

You can even have two Eyes out at once, so you can have two different people get the Jailbreak if you want. Killing an Eye too early can be okay like you said but you still need to be careful with the timing. It's very possible to have the buff run out with no Eye in sight before Detain.

That's cool if you can break out without the JB but I'd be careful with some of that stuff as well. We saw some glitchy things where I wouldn't get marked for annihilation for some reason and it would save the run when we should have wiped. Seems like the mechanics can glitch which might relate to breaking out w/o JB, not sure what the point for the fight mechanics is otherwise. Better safe than sorry unless that stuff can be made reproducible.

M3Rocket

It's the same thing with teabagging, to some extent. One of the goals of the training sessions I'm going to start on Sunday will be to condition yourself against these psychological factors, to be able to ignore teabagging, level discrepancies and intimidation in favor of concentrating on every individual engagement. In particularly, busting out a rapid, aggressive first-round win can set the tone of a level playing field or even an advantage for us, even if we're up against a clearly better team. Of course, being able to stomach inevitable losses is a big deal too.

I ran with M3Rocket and pal last night, bleary-eyed and exhausted at like 2:00am. We went 2-3, but one of the losses was 5-4 to a team with a ringer wearing the 9-0 emblem on it. It was razor thin, with just a sliver of health on their self-rezzed warlock left on the elimination round. Even though it was a heartbreaking loss, it was one of my favorite matches so far since starting the Trials, because we really were competing and trading rounds with an ostensibly better team, just through solid communication, strategy adjustment and a lucky kill here and there.

I am sincerely looking forward to getting better at it, which isn't something that typically motivates me in competitive PvP (it massively does for me in PvE, but I was perfectly happy with my level of skill in the regular Crucible and didn't feel an incentive to improve). For delivering that experience alone I really approve of ToO.

Firstly, thanx for helping out! And yes--that loss was as "fun" as I can remember as a 3-week old PvP'er.

Being primarily a PvE'er, I do think that ToS can be a fun experience if the it weren't for the fact that I think that the match-making aspect still sucks. Close matches like that one was few and far between. Nearly all of the ones I was involved in were wipeouts one way or the other.

After all these months of culling data and "learning from prior mistakes," you would think Bungie would have figured out balancing rewards in PvP versus PvE isn't to lock elemental damage primaries behind a high PvP wall. And to add insult to injury for PvE, let's just gate all legendary upgrades with etheric light that will be rare in PvE, but plentiful in PvP where level advantages and weapon upgrades are less meaningful. WTF?

Otherwise, I thought all the changes to Crucible Marks match rewards, etc. were positive and long overdue.

So 2 keys used no exotic either time, did they nerf it? Keys seem not worth the time if it not a 100% chance to get something more than crap queens weapons

.. TLW can do 115 but only due to a glitch and it doesn't happen all the time and I've never seen it happen back to back for two shots.

I've seen it happen twice in a row a few time. Two headshot a Titan with 111 + 111. I don't think anyone knows what causes the glitch, all I can say is the damage marker calculations are bananas in this game. Hit markers will often pop up as something totally different for a split second before changing to the correct value. Sometimes an ADS'ed TLW headshot will read 111-112 before correcting to ~84. Very strange.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Can you keep an armour core in your inventory week to week?
Playing with a guy that says his armour core from last night is now gone.

M3Rocket

Can you keep an armour core in your inventory week to week?
Playing with a guy that says his armour core from last night is now gone.

I kept two weapon cores from last week and it's still in my inventory. I don't see why armor cores would work any differently?

Shito

Yeah, running 32 PoE will be my path and accumulating armor cores that way. I found the level 32 PoE to be very difficult, but still fun. My worry is if I'm under leveled, the fun part goes away, since my weapons are not ascended (it's like a catch-22).
Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well: only doing the 32s for the moment, collecting each gear part to finally reach 34 next week and start working on the 34s.
I've must have been really lucky with the gaffers teams I ended up in, though, because so far it has been smooth sailing and an easy ride. We'll see how the 2 other ones I'll still have to do this week go... ^^

Still, I didn't run raids with gaffers because that asked for too much time, but I'm having a lot of fun on those small PoE runs with you guys.

bitsurugi

Skolas downed again, got my cipher finally!

Also: that 4th Horsemen strat might seem effective in the, video, but we couldn't make it work in practice for us, so we went back to sniping and he went down pretty consistently, with some random crap here and there, but it worked for me for the 2nd time.

Arc Effideth with FS, LR and unflinching <3
P&T should work as well, but you loose TL in that case. I would also suggest the PoE sniper, it's arc, got 5 in chamber and some extra dmg if i recollect correctly.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just turned in 8 queen bounties and no keys, from the turn ins themselves or the 3 etheric chests. SADFACE.

Owensboro

Hooray! For the first time since I hit the actual level required the Nightfall isn't any DLC map! Anyone want to do one with a first timer? I'm pumped to finally get to try something with a ton of modifiers.

And on that note, how to game invites work in Destiny? I've only been playing with one friend and we're both on each other's friend lists. Do you have to be "friends" in order to invite / join a group by name?

Lima

Got ACD/0 feedback fence in a NF

They look badass, but the ability is so situational :-(

They are the best exotic for a Titan for PvP right after The Armamentarium. You don't lose a melee battle in crucible even if they get the first hit. Pretty great.

Sullichin

Hooray! For the first time since I hit the actual level required the Nightfall isn't any DLC map! Anyone want to do one with a first timer? I'm pumped to finally get to try something with a ton of modifiers.

And on that note, how to game invites work in Destiny? I've only been playing with one friend and we're both on each other's friend lists. Do you have to be "friends" in order to invite / join a group by name?

I want to do Nightfall. PSN Sullichin. Will be ready in a few minutes, hopefully we'll have a third

You can either friend me and join my game or just search for a PSN and join the session in progress if it's open. The latter doesn't always work in my experience

edit: if you join my game I'm currently afk and will be back shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom