• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleP29

Pretty good reset day.

3 nightfalls 1 etheric light and my third gjallerhorn.

Pretty happy to have one for each character now, although not excited with having to run a bunch of bounties to level it up, thankfully i hadn't run the queen bounties this week and they do give a good bit of XP.

Hung Wei Lo

Tuesday evening raiders: Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming?

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

Please do 3 things this week:
1) confirm your availability
2) indicate your time preference
3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

Draft Itinerary:
- NM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- NM CE full (my baby hunter needs armor drops!)
- NM DS/Crota 3x
- HM DS/Crota 3x (we should be able to do this with the level increases; let's get those Cruxes, people) (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons through GK
- HM Atheon 3x
(as time allows, of course, but with our level and armor rating buffs, we should be able to stroll through this)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
5) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
6) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

NF/PoE
1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52)
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) [might be up to raid if necessary]
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) [may be around to do raid activities after]

Alts
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
Hey guys, just a heads up that i have to go back into work, so i won't be online til around 11. I'll see what's going on then

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Space for one in Nightfall, at Devil Walker now. Join in. PSN: phantom8324

Edit: full

First Nightfall ever and I got Hawkmoon. Thanks dude!

Be jelly, everyone else!

Agent

First Nightfall ever and I got Hawkmoon. Thanks dude!

Be jelly, everyone else!

Congrats, exotics all around. I got the sweet looking new Titan gauntlets.

CF-M7vIUsAAwFfe.jpg

noomi

In an effort to save vault space, I've dismantled all my queens weapons and didn't even feel bad about it.

Thug life.

Can someone hook me up with a video or basic strategy for Skolas, my team has no problem getting to him but the actual fight brought us to our knees. We also have no gallys, two warlocks and one hunter.

XenoRaven

Has anyone used the Matador 64 shotgun in Crucible? Seems to have good impact and range but slow reload and fire rate. I was wondering if it was any good.

Skolas downed again, got my cipher finally!

Also: that 4th Horsemen strat might seem effective in the, video, but we couldn't make it work in practice for us, so we went back to sniping and he went down pretty consistently, with some random crap here and there, but it worked for me for the 2nd time.

Arc Effideth with FS, LR and unflinching <3
P&T should work as well, but you loose TL in that case. I would also suggest the PoE sniper, it's arc, got 5 in chamber and some extra dmg if i recollect correctly.

Yeah strats like that always look nice in the video where it actually worked but not necessarily any more reliable than Arc snipers.

365 Arc Eff Spear with Field Scout is the top dawg, Final Round is ideal but not essential. It's a 9.6k crit shot with I-WoL, FR is another +33% on top of that. P&T has too low impact plus takes away your TLord spot, but the PoE sniper is great as well like you said (same impact as LDR, which is another good option especially if it has FScout).

A Titan for I-WoL is the most important part though. A Hunter to invis-dismantle mines if you don't kill him right away is nice as well. Ideally you can drop him with snipers in time for the first mine wave, especially if everyone has Arc FS Spears.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Fucking hell, so my team tried 4th horsemaning Skola's and couldn't do it (came close once). We then actually tried doing it legit and failed utterly. What else can we do?

Can someone hook me up with a video or basic strategy for Skolas, my team has no problem getting to him but the actual fight brought us to our knees. We also have no gallys, two warlocks and one hunter.

No gallys required this week due to arc burn, but you use the same basic strat, just with Arc snipers and special synth instead of Horns and heavy synth last week. Just run straight to the left, kill the servitor and snipe the fool enough to kill him before/as the first mines spawn. Kinda what I posted above, although the biggest problem you'll have is no Titan for illuminated Weapons of Light bubble (which gives a 35% bonus damage to all weapons except rocket launchers).

If you can at least get him below 50% health, you'll spawn the first mine wave and can clear this then try to keep DPS'ing him down, below 25% will spawn the second mine wave. The problem is that as the run goes on, all the adds will have spawned and started to pile up and there are so many enemies with Arc weapons, especially the Wire Rifle snipers. So it gets a lot harder the longer you go, and you have to keep juggling the taint/mark between players which is tricky especially if people start dying.

I'd strongly recommend having someone switch to a Titan if possible.

How in the hell does anyone actually kill Skolas, This is insane

Fucking hell, so my team tried 4th horsemaning Skola's and couldn't do it (came close once). We then actually tried doing it legit and failed utterly. What else can we do?

1.) make sure you have a Titan.

2.) crit shot to stagger him w high impact arc snipers. It's the same basic strat as the Horns, you just have to actually aim this week, haha.

It's very possible to kill him before/as the first mines spawn. Arc Eff Spear is the best but not required.

A_Gorilla

Banned
1.) make sure you have a Titan.

2.) crit shot to stagger him w high impact arc snipers. It's the same basic strat as the Horns, you just have to actually aim this week, haha.

It's very possible to kill him before/as the first mines spawn. Arc Eff Spear is the best but not required.

I'll give it a shot later, why the hell not...

No gallys required this week due to arc burn, but you use the same basic strat, just with Arc snipers and special synth instead of Horns and heavy synth last week. Just run straight to the left, kill the servitor and snipe the fool enough to kill him before/as the first mines spawn. Kinda what I posted above, although the biggest problem you'll have is no Titan for illuminated Weapons of Light bubble (which gives a 35% bonus damage to all weapons except rocket launchers).

If you can at least get him below 50% health, you'll spawn the first mine wave and can clear this then try to keep DPS'ing him down, below 25% will spawn the second mine wave. The problem is that as the run goes on, all the adds will have spawned and started to pile up and there are so many enemies with Arc weapons, especially the Wire Rifle snipers. So it gets a lot harder the longer you go, and you have to keep juggling the taint/mark between players which is tricky especially if people start dying.

I'd strongly recommend having someone switch to a Titan if possible.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom