• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

Word.

I feel like they should swap drop rates with keys and tokens. By the time I am ranked up enough to use the tokens I'll be able to buy dupes of everything. There's a limited and explicit set of items that you can afford with tokens, where a key is just a chance at getting something and you also have to get through PoE.

I've got 7 tokens of flight in the first two weeks, when there are only 4 possible ships. These tokens should never exist. Once you hit rank 1/2/3 you should just buy them.

Nuszka

jCiAnar.jpg

Looks nice but pretty meh on perks. I'll let you know when I level it up.

Seems like all PoE weapons even with elemental damage are outclassed by old or ToO weapons.|OT 23| HoW is where its PvP at.

rNilla

I've got 7 tokens of flight in the first two weeks, when there are only 4 possible ships. These tokens should never exist. Once you hit rank 1/2/3 you should just buy them.

The only reason I can think of for their existence is to make it so that you can't buy everything at once when you unlock that rewards tier. But as you pointed out their frequent drop rate, along with the slow rate of PoE rep gain, renders them pointless. Unless you never do the Queen's bounties I guess.

PuMa

Yeah, it makes no sense.

The only reason I can think of for their existence is to make it so that you can't buy everything at once when you unlock that rewards tier. But as you pointed out their frequent drop rate, along with the slow rate of PoE rep gain, renders them pointless. Unless you never do the Queen's bounties I guess.

And then they are just obsolete after that...sorta like commendations.

Jinjo

jCiAnar.jpg

Looks nice but pretty meh on perks. I'll let you know when I level it up.

Seems like all PoE weapons even with elemental damage are outclassed by old or ToO weapons.|OT 23| HoW is where its PvP at.

The biggest problem with Destiny right now is that like literally all the best guns/armors are from vanilla Destiny, with maybe a couple exceptions. Even more so now they nerfed a lot of the perks as for instance field scout or making certain perk combinations impossible now.

I have zero ambition to level up any of the new guns/armor aside from an exotic or two. Just gimme my etheric light so I can upgrade all my old awesome gear with (near) perfect perks/stats.

noomi

Are you guys okay with Bungie duplicating guns to make it seem that there are more loot. Especially the primaries. Having Elemental and Non Elemental of the same things?

I wish that all the primary HoW weapons had a elemental damage by default.

I'm ok with the dmg type being a random roll, but I think it's a pretty bad system to have kinetic primaries and then solar/void/arc dupes of the same ones.

100% agree with you dude, all the new weapons seem really underwhelming.

I think the only worthy ones are the HoW Solar Shotty and Arc Sniper, and a few of the ToO weapons are nice as well. I really love the arc heavy MG from ToO.

Rolled a Judgement's Chance and got the kinetic Dreg hand cannon. Looks cool but its kind of disheartening knowing there are elemental versions out there. I'll keep it since I don't currently have any other 365 attack weapons, but if I get an element variant...its gone.

Speaking of which, what do you get from dismantling a PoE weapon? A weapon core?

nOoblet16

Seriously it's like PoE was designed by someone who had no fuckin clue. People don't want to do it for fuckin armour and weapon core, that leaves one etheric light as the only reward left if you don't have a key.

Who the fuck would want to run level 34 and 35 for one etheric light ? I played ToO last week and I got like 8-9 etheric light out of all three characters. Making keys a random drop and a rare one at that was a fuckin terrible idea, it should be a reward from dailies or a guaranteed weekly reward (will give people some incentive to play weekly as right now all it has is coins...that no one needs since they took legendaries out of it)

PvP had like no rewards but now it has everything, PvE on the other hand has nothing. Even the guns are shit.

rNilla

I wish that all the primary HoW weapons had a elemental damage as a default.

I'm ok with the dmg type being a random roll, but I think it's a pretty bad system to have kinetc primaries and then solar/void/arc dupes of the same ones as well.

All of the new non-elemental primaries are worthless to me. Why would I want them? Outside of PVP they seem pointless unless their stats and roll potential are far above any of the elemental weapons which I doubt. We can ascend VoG and TDB weapons so primaries need to step their game up.

Jinjo

People who suck at PvP like me who will probably never see Mercury or gain access to higher tier ToO reward packages.

Same here. As far as multiplayer games go I have never really enjoyed Destiny PvP. It just never clicked with me. I'm sure if I practiced I could be somewhat competent, but I just don't feel like struggling through something I don't enjoy. Pretty sure the PvP-only players felt/feel the same way about PvE. So I am all for Bungie giving PvP good rewards. They just went so overboard that PvP rewards absolutely overshadow the PvE rewards. Two steps forward, one step back. Every. Single. Damn. Time.

It's completely baffling as everyone pretty much agreed that the CE drop rates were almost perfect, so I have absolutely no fucking clue why they deviated from that.

I'll be looking for someone who did Skolas this week to carry my Titan. I have an arc LDR at 365 with final round and shit.
Bah, you don't need a 'carry'. The strat doesn't sound that much different than last week except you're using a sniper instead of G'horn.

I ascended my LDR and TLord so I too am ready for Skolas. I just have a pesky meeting from 11-1 so won't be able to do it until later.

Impala26

Been outta the loop for the past 48+ hours now.

Did the reset bring anything good/interesting? Etheric Light and treasure keys still fickle and fleeting mistresses?

(I'm guessing the big PoE chests guaranteeing an exotic drop is just once per character and not a once-per-week thing?)

Arrrammis

Rolled a Judgement's Chance and got the kinetic Dreg hand cannon. Looks cool but its kind of disheartening knowing there are elemental versions out there. I'll keep it since I don't currently have any other 365 attack weapons, but if I get an element variant...its gone.

Speaking of which, what do you get from dismantling a PoE weapon? A weapon core?
You get a note of light, 5 weapon parts, and some glimmer. Woohoo! Almost enough for a weapon reroll at the gunsmith!

LTWood12

I like elemental primaries as much as the next person, but aside from burn modifiers kinetic weapons are just as useful 90% of the time.

Arrrammis

Did the reset bring anything good/interesting? Etheric Light and treasure keys still fickle and fleeting mistresses?

(I'm guessing the big PoE chests guaranteeing an exotic drop is just once per character and not a once-per-week thing?)
PoE levels are apparently randomized per week, now the lvl. 34 boss has weird, very annoying mechanics and the skolas fight has arc burn.
Light is common in ToO, but everywhere else... Yeah, its rare. Keys are are still rare as well.

123rl

I did a lvl 28 PoE and got a key in the small chest. I opened the big chest and got a PVP Scout Rifle. I re-rolled it and got full auto

Kyne

All these people requiring a Gjallarhorn for lvl 34/35 PoE.

Good thing PvE isn't like ToO where a certain demographic is locked out of content for a specific reason.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok, yesterday I did:

3x Nightfalls
3x Weeklies
3x All Petra Bounties
3x Daily Story
3x Daily Crucible

Now I need to move on to PoE.

I've been out of the loop about tips and glitches found. Apparently there's something about farming skolas and a cipher? Can anyone get me up to speed here? Thanks in advance.

LTWood12

The Qodron fight is ridiculous. So last night we had two 34s and a 33. Made it all the way to round 5 and only wiped once. Got to 5 and totally hit a wall. The detain mechanic happens way too often, and even when we had the jailbreaker perk it seemed like we'd die almost immediately as soon as we were detained. Think we wiped 10 times trying to do it legit and had barely put a dent in the boss...

So we used our synths, laid around for 5 minutes, then shut his ass down in under 45 seconds.

That kind of difficulty spike isn't fun. I'm one that actually LIKES prison of elders, but that encounter is fucked.

k1t4j

This expansion is all about dem PvPs drops is it not? The Wolves weapons so far are pretty underwhelming in my humble opinion.

VoG has best weapon set ^^

Also my humble contribution for a future title |OT 23| HoW everyone started ToO love PvP

raindoc

Success! SUCCESS! Fuck you Skolas..

Got another elder cipher and solar hand cannon - Six Dreg Pride.

grats! just got my first cipher.

slayed the gatelord twice legit and once the regular way with g'horns. only fired 8 missiles, should be doable without a full gjallarhorn squad imo.

Shito

I've been out of the loop about tips and glitches found. Apparently there's something about farming skolas and a cipher? Can anyone get me up to speed here? Thanks in advance.
The new exotic bounties (cipher) drop from the PoE 34 or 35 bosses.
Since you can actually kill Skolas but die afterwards from the mines to defuse, you can farm him by killing it before the second waves of mines and let yourself die to it. Rinse, and repeat, until bounty is obtained. :3

The Qodron fight is ridiculous. So last night we had two 34s and a 33. Made it all the way to round 5 and only wiped once. Got to 5 and totally hit a wall. The detain mechanic happens way too often, and even when we had the jailbreaker perk it seemed like we'd die almost immediately as soon as we were detained. Think we wiped 10 times trying to do it legit and had barely put a dent in the boss...

So we used our synths, laid around for 5 minutes, then shut his ass down in under 45 seconds.

That kind of difficulty spike isn't fun. I'm one that actually LIKES prison of elders, but that encounter is fucked.
Yeah, they have interesting mechanics, but they turn the "difficulty" button way too high, at which point the whole thing becomes frustrating rather than fun and challenging.

LTWood12

All these people requiring a Gjallarhorn for lvl 34/35 PoE.

Good thing PvE isn't like ToO where a certain demographic is locked out of content for a specific reason.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

From everything I've seen, Skolas looks easier than Qodron; at least this week.

ocean

Banned
I like elemental primaries as much as the next person, but aside from burn modifiers kinetic weapons are just as useful 90% of the time.
This. I feel people are overestimating the necessity of elemental damage on most situations. Sure Nightfalls require them - both for the burn and the Epic modifier placing shields where there normally aren't any.

The overwhelming majority of the time you'll either be shooting non-shielded enemies or hitting those shields with a secondary outside of Nightfalls though.

Dregs, Vandals, Shanks, Thrall, Ogres, Acolytes, Knights, Psions, Phallanxes, Legionaires... Everything except Captains, Wizards, Minotaurs and Centurions is going to be the same when using kinetic or elemental primaries.

Make no mistake - Fatebringer is my favorite gun - elements are super useful. But saying a kinetic primary is generally wasted on PvE content is a bit of an exaggeration since it'll nearly always make no difference.

I'd far rather rock my new Red Hand IX than Word of Crota. There's plenty of pulse rifles which play better than the VoG and CE ones despite being Arc for instance.

Perhaps this perception is slanted because of how good some of the elemental primaries are. The thing is, a kinetic Fatebringer would still have been the PvE monster because of its base stats and perk harmony. Vision of Confluence is a great scout - full auto with nice perks and stats, and would have been popular even without the Solar.

I too would have liked PoE 35 to have guaranteed elemental primaries, Crota style. Or with an Adept Weapon Core or whatever. But if the weapons are bad, elements aren't gonna fix that. And if the weapons are good, being kinetic won't change that.

I need a Solar Hand Cannon in my life though :(

ich00

This expansion is all about dem PvPs drops is it not? The Wolves weapons so far are pretty underwhelming in my humble opinion.

VoG has best weapon set ^^

It seems that way, at least until Bungee says that it was a bug that we're not getting elemental drops more often in PoE.

Most of my VoG guns are the first I'm ascending, I've already done Fatebring and VoC, with Found Verdict probably next on the list.

LTWood12

This. I feel people are overestimating the utility of elemental damage on most situations. Sure Nightfalls require them - both for the burn and the Epic modifier placing shields where there normally aren't any.

The overwhelming majority of the time you'll either be shooting non-shielded enemies or hitting those shields with a secondary outside of Nightfalls.

Dregs, Vandals, Shanks, Thrall, Ogres, Acolytes, Knights, Psions, Phallanxes, Legionaires... Everything except Captains, Wizards, Minotaurs and Centurions is going to be the same when using kinetic or elemental primaries.

Make no mistake - Fatebringer is my favorite gun - elements are super useful. But saying a kinetic primary is generally wasted on PvE content is a bit of an exaggeration since it'll nearly always make no difference.

I'd far rather rock my new Red Hand IX than Word of Crota. There's plenty of pulse rifles which play better than the VoG and CE ones despite being Arc.

Perhaps this perception is slanted because of how good some of the elemental primaries are. The thing is, a kinetic Fatebringer would still have been the PvE monster peaches of its base stats and perk harmony. Vision of Confluence is a great scout - full auto with nice perks and stats, and would have been popular even without the Solar.

I too would have liked PoE 35 to have guaranteed elemental primaries, Crota style. Or with an Adept Weapon Core or whatever. But if the weapons are bad, elements aren't gonna fix that. And if the weapons are good, being kinetic won't change that.

I need a Solar Hand Cannon in my life though :(

Spot on. Saterienne Rapier & Gheleon's Demise are both incredible kinetic PvE weapons. Even w/out the arc damage I'd still use Fatebringer most of the time because it absolutely wrecks. Sometimes I like having a kinetic weapon in situations like the 3 waves at the beginning of Septiks. Kinetics can actually take down shields of multiple elements consistently. Sure it takes a couple more shots than if you had the right element, but it's better than using VoC on a captain, or Fatebringer on a Wizard (assuming no burn like this week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom