• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Haven't been following anything but here's the case, I have one key and I've never opened the chest using my warlock. I saved it so that when I run 35 I can use the key to open the chest and get the ship, shader and the exotic from first time chest opening.

But now people are suggesting to hold onto the keys because of some elder ciper shit? What's all this and what do I do? How do I shoot web ?

noomi

Thoughts on which weapon to go for with the elder cipher?

Sounds like the shotgun has terrible range and is fairly weak. 30 clip but fires five rounds a go with less impact then felwinters.

Thinking the sniper looks the most tempting.

Almost everyone has been saying the fusion sniper.

ocean

Banned
So i rerolled my red hand to final round, luck in the chamber and smallborne. I cant have a Hawkmoon get on xbox so this is the best thing close to that haha. Gonna be fun in PVP.

Screenshot-Original.png
I got that same roll from a Faction package and decided to keep it. Still upgrading it but it sounds interesting... I have a Hawkmoon but opening up the Exotic slot for other weapon types could be interesting.

PuMa

Beautiful. I've a Her Mercy I want to do the same thing with, but I want to save my mats for possible chest, boot, or glove engram this week before I start going for a crazy reroll like that. Xbox One, too, so I feel your pain for wanting Hawkmoon.

I got a roll like that with Her Mercy. Bonus Exploding Rounds too!

UPUorH4.png

Haybro

Haven't been following anything but here's the case, I have one key and I've never opened the chest using my warlock. I saved it so that when I run 35 I can use the key to open the chest and get the ship, shader and the exotic from first time chest opening.

But now people are suggesting to hold onto the keys because of some elder viper shit? What's all this and what do I do? How do I shoot web ?

Elder cipher is the exotic weapon bounty that drops from 34/35 poe. One of the stages of the bounty requires you to open the chest, so you'll need the key for that if you're lucky enough to get the bounty.

SkylineRKR

so is the dlc earth map on combined arms what the fucks the point of giving the maps away if they never let u play them..:/

Widow's Court?

Its on Control.

Or do you mean Skyshock which is free now? Its shit anyway. Combined arms is pretty much the trashcan of Destiny, put all shit there so Controls is rather clean.

nOoblet16

Just checked the elder cipher bounty. So

1) wait for RNG to give you a bounty.
2) wait for RNG to give you a key
3) wait for RNG to give you a cipher out of that chest using the RNG key.
4) kill shit and stuff
5) Wait for an unspecified amount of time determined by RNG before you get the weapon.

Bungie pls !

1) wait for RNG to give you a bounty
4)kill shit and stuff
5) Wait for an unspecified amount if time determined by RNG before you get the weapon.

Bungie pls !

Yup.

Zoidberg

1) wait for RNG to give you a bounty
4)kill shit and stuff
5) Wait for an unspecified amount if time determined by RNG before you get the weapon.

Bungie pls !

They're changing their name to Rngie to better reflect their approach to the game.

Lnkn52

1) wait for RNG to give you a bounty.
4) kill shit and stuff
5) Wait for an unspecified amount of time determined by RNG before you get the weapon.

Bungie pls !

Play ToO. Win 9 games in a row or just nine. Get awesome loot.

Play PoE.????????????

nOoblet16

I'll never farm those fuckin chests for keys, let's see how long it goes until I receive my first ever key (not counting the three from story completion)

neoism

Widow's Court?

Its on Control.

Or do you mean Skyshock which is free now? Its shit anyway. Combined arms is pretty much the trashcan of Destiny, put all shit there so Controls is rather clean.

well I loved btb in halo and it's the closest thing and yeah I heard it wasn't that good but I like the other two maps sooo... why isnt it in the rotation... bungle :/...

Theorry

Beautiful. I've a Her Mercy I want to do the same thing with, but I want to save my mats for possible chest, boot, or glove engram this week before I start going for a crazy reroll like that. Xbox One, too, so I feel your pain for wanting Hawkmoon.

Yeah Her Mercy is almost the same with the stats. But what stands out the Red Hand is the very high aim assist of 89. Her Mercy is abit lower then that. But still a good gun.

nOoblet16

Is the map rotation fucked again? Seem to run into the cauldron map an awful lot.

Also how is widow's court in normal playlist ?,(I get matches in that Mao even after just picking control and not HoW control). Widow's court also has an area that is nowhere to be seen in SP both stylistically and thematically...this is unlike other maps.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've tried a couple times to see if anybody wants to do vault of glass as that's the one thing from the base game I've yet to do, but usually don't get any responses. Maybe will have better luck when the new expansion hype dies down.
I'm about to post the signups for this week's newbie raid tomorrow night, but it is Crota's End this week. Next week will be back to the Vault of Glass.

noomi

Thanks for the heads up. Clumsily stepped on my current headset the other night and broke the microphone off. This will be a good replacement.

Thanks Noomi! Just bought these :)

Awesome, just picked up a pair as well, late bday present to myself! Thanks Noomi!

You're welcome guys! :D

I've been using mine for a few months and I'm extremely happy with it. Make sure you download the headset app on the playstation store, they have special sound profiles for games. Destiny, Bloodborne, Far Cry 4, Drive Club are just some of them.

Wow that's a great price.

It really is, normally they go for $100, I managed to get mine for around $80 with best buy gift certificates though.

I'm up and Im ready to party. Party chat anyways.

I need to do a nightfall or 3. Or 2. doesnt matter.
If anyone wants to help, my PSN is Vincentgrey. Thanks.

Nobody up for PoE32? PoE HoW losing interest fast?

After spending way too long on PoE32 last night for an armor core that I probably won't even use...I can't see any reason to do it again. The loot just isn't there. I'll wait until I get ToO gear or e-lights to level up and stick to PoE 34 (haven't done one yet, but hope to with my Titan tonight).

Shito

Did he manage to solo Skolas last week? I saw he was attempting at some point but I wasn't interested enough to actually watch. It's the kind of stuff I definitely appreciate for the dedication but I'd rather hear about it later if it happens.
Sorry for the last answer, lunch break followed by meeting. ^^
I couldn't watch last week's attempt up to the end, so I don't really know if he managed to do it or not. Looking at his twitch archive, it seems he didn't, but managed to get Skolas down to about 10% as his best run.
I'm only discovering he did a solo lvl 1 to 20, flawless, heroic only...
Yeah.

Lnkn52

The elemental one only drops from Skolas.

I see, I should have waited for Ruthless to post the real thing.

Edit: Are you guys okay with Bungie duplicating guns to make it seem that there are more loot. Especially the primaries. Having Elemental and Non Elemental of the same things?

rNilla

Nobody have keys :p

PS. If I have key I will do PeE 34 or PoE 35.

Word.

I feel like they should swap drop rates with keys and tokens. By the time I am ranked up enough to use the tokens I'll be able to buy dupes of everything. There's a limited and explicit set of items that you can afford with tokens, where a key is just a chance at getting something and you also have to get through PoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom