• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

Morning DGAF.

I was thinking about running a Crucible Train later today. So how much interest is there in doing some Trials practice?

The idea that you want to "practice" for trials is highly amusing to me.

Speaking of which, are you planning on doing any carrying this weekend? If so, is there a signup sheet yet? Any chance I could get a late Sunday or evening Monday slot?

That said, I DO think it'd be great to prioritize people who haven't been to Mercury at all. I'd *love* to go back, but others should go once first.

The idea that you want to "practice" for trials is highly amusing to me.

Speaking of which, are you planning on doing any carrying this weekend? If so, is there a signup sheet yet? Any chance I could get a late Sunday or evening Monday slot?

That said, I DO think it'd be great to prioritize people who haven't been to Mercury at all. I'd *love* to go back, but others should go once first.

I have not been there and I probably never will, I aint all that good, yet hahaha.

nOoblet16

Good Morning DGaf!

If some of our PvP experts could weigh in on some weapon advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Playing ToO last week made me realize that I need some upgrades onmy loadouts, here are my two questions:

I just got The Ash Factory from a crucible drop with Battle Runner / Javelin / Grenades and Horseshoes - Worth keeping? Should I try and reroll so I get Tripod instead of Battle runner? I have a Valedictorian 9-44 that has Grenades and Horseshoes but not any other great perks to speak of, it has 2 in the mag, so I’ve been using that, however The Ash Factory seems like an upgrade.

I have a few snipers that seem like they are viable options if I can get the rol the right perks, here's what I have:
-Amplified Geo-D6
-Low Grade humility
-Efrideets Spear (I have an extra one I can reroll)

or should I ascend my Praedyth's revenge?

Never been a fan of Spear, low RoF, low Magazine and midium stability.
The Amplified Geo-D6 looks nice, if you could get it with Shortgaze-SLH10 scope, Hidden hand for first perk, and Perfect balance for the second perk tree and any among performance bonus/unflinching/surplus/replinish for the last perk then that should be a very good sniper.

As for your rocket launcher, roll it until you have proximity, javelin and tripod (if you can't get tri pod then spray and play is good too).

GhaleonEB

Last night my Hunter ran the level 32 PoE, got an armor core to help my Titan level up. I just accidentally used it on my Warlock, who has an ascended Praxic. I'd forgotten who I'd signed into (I is not a morning person).

First time I've really goofed up something like this. Feel really dumb.

rNilla

However, this is only a meta disappointment in terms of in game prestige and stuff. On a practical level, they're disappointing because they do not reach the utility of previous top-tier stuff; utility which I believe lies in stats and perks, not elements.

Why would I want a kinetic weapon when I could have an elemental version of the same thing? Why would I want to keep both? I feel like this same argument could be made about blues. Sure they may do slightly less damage but they can still get the job done.

Also, where am I going to put all of these kinetic weapons and their elemental counterparts? Believe me, I'd love to collect them all.

a4i1Zc0.png

please don't nitpick my inventory

stb

Regarding primaries without elements and their relative usefullness/uselessness, I guess it depends on what you're playing. "PvE" isn't one thing anymore.

If you're doing Weekly (not the NF), bounties, raids, etc., kinetic is probably fine most of the time.

If you're doing PoE, though, the proportion of shielded enemies is much higher, and they're higher level. Add to that the various buffs for primary/special, and you're handicapping yourself by not running the right elemental primary for any given round.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Last night my Hunter ran the level 32 PoE, got an armor core to help my Titan level up. I just accidentally used it on my Warlock, who has an ascended Praxic. I'd forgotten who I'd signed into (I is not a morning person).

First time I've really goofed up something like this. Feel really dumb.
Aw bummer. Do you have an exotic helm you could Ascend for your warlock? You could do the 32 on him and then give that core to your Titan.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have an old, un-ascended MIDA multi tool. Should this become an exotic shard y/n

stb

I have not been there and I probably never will, I aint all that good, yet hahaha.

Sorry, re-reading that, it looks like I was saying "Git gud; going to Mercury is easy!". That isn't at all what I meant.

I'm a mediocre Crucible player. I hold my own at Control/IB, but ToO kicked my ass, and the ass of everyone I partied with.

What I meant was that Unstable, specifically, is roughly the last person that would need to practice for Trials. He carried dozens of gaffers to Mercury or 8/9 wins last weekend, many of which 2 at a time.

Arrrammis

I have an old, un-ascended MIDA multi tool. Should this become an exotic shard y/n
If you have another mida that is upgraded/ ascended, go for it. Otherwise, I'd keep it. The fast movement perk is really good for multiple situations.

Even if you get a new one as a drop, its cheaper to shard the new one and use that shard to ascend to old one. That way, you don't lose all of the exp, glimmer, and materials you spent upgrading the old one.

The Qodron fight is ridiculous. So last night we had two 34s and a 33. Made it all the way to round 5 and only wiped once. Got to 5 and totally hit a wall. The detain mechanic happens way too often, and even when we had the jailbreaker perk it seemed like we'd die almost immediately as soon as we were detained. Think we wiped 10 times trying to do it legit and had barely put a dent in the boss...

So we used our synths, laid around for 5 minutes, then shut his ass down in under 45 seconds.

That kind of difficulty spike isn't fun. I'm one that actually LIKES prison of elders, but that encounter is fucked.
I used an ascended Found Verdict to break out of detain even without jailbreaker. With jailbreaker, I was able to break out my team in seconds.

Sorry, re-reading that, it looks like I was saying "Git gud; going to Mercury is easy!". That isn't at all what I meant.

I'm a mediocre Crucible player. I hold my own at Control/IB, but ToO kicked my ass, and the ass of everyone I partied with.

What I meant was that Unstable, specifically, is roughly the last person that would need to practice for Trials. He carried dozens of gaffers to Mercury or 8/9 wins last weekend, many of which 2 at a time.

wow thats kind of him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Have you maxed it out?

If you have another mida that is upgraded/ ascended, go for it. Otherwise, I'd keep it. The fast movement perk is really good for multiple situations.

Even if you get a new one as a drop, its cheaper to shard the new one and use that shard to ascend to old one. That way, you don't lose all of the exp, glimmer, and materials you spent upgrading the old one.

Ok I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope. Total waste.
damn. well, Xur might well have a Warlock helm on Friday!

If it helps, I was so proud of myself last week because with the armor core for the Gloves and my other successes on my Hunter before reset, I could hit 34 with an exotic in any slot... then when I logged in last night I realized I never actually bought the gloves at all, just had the armor core left in my inventory, and had to spend an Etheric Light to get back to 34 at all.

I thought he meant it was an opportunity for others to practice, lol

Nuszka

This is why I still wear a mix of my Crota gear with the new stuff. Probably will for the foreseeable future to, these stats are out of whack right now.

Yeah and every time i roll j. chance i get a primary i will never ever use, for now my titan is stuck with ascended old gear, same for warlock lol. Only my hunter feels fresh and new. This week seems definitely less enthusiastic to last ones when it comes to PoE. Trials on the other hand...

EL CUCO

Not burning myself out with this expansion.

I'm basically just doing nightfall x3, 34/35 PoE for the E light and random exotic drop. Dailies for the xp, and spend the rest of my time perfecting my sniping in Crucible for some ToO action.

No grinding bounties or stupid keys.
Just playing the stuff that I enjoy doing.

LTWood12

Pretty sure he's there to help OTHER people practice :)

edit: beaten by the Hawk.

GhaleonEB

damn. well, Xur might well have a Warlock helm on Friday!

If it helps, I was so proud of myself last week because with the armor core for the Gloves and my other successes on my Hunter before reset, I could hit 34 with an exotic in any slot... then when I logged in last night I realized I never actually bought the gloves at all, just had the armor core left in my inventory, and had to spend an Etheric Light to get back to 34 at all.
There's nothing in the game I'd swap out for the Praxic.

Why would I want a kinetic weapon when I could have an elemental version of the same thing? Why would I want to keep both? I feel like this same argument could be made about blues. Sure they may do slightly less damage but they can still get the job done.

Also, where am I going to put all of these kinetic weapons and their elemental counterparts? Believe me, I'd love to collect them all.

please don't nitpick my inventory

Oh my god... a 302 Hawkmoon? God.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's nothing in the game I'd swap out for the Praxic.
haha, I know you have a very particular inventory style. Whatever is most enjoyable to you, I respect.

I find it convenient to have multiple paths to the level cap for different situations- and Light Beyond Nemesis is pretty darn valuable in PoE, Nightfalls, and the Trials if you ever take part. Access to Infusion and extra orb generation are great bonuses too.

GhaleonEB

The Ram is fantastic. But I'm guessing you don't PvP?

Yeah I have two games under my belt, both recent.

On a side note, while I'm still leveling up my Titan, I'm not really enjoying playing as one very much. So far it's Hunter >>>>>>>>>>Titan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warlock.

noomi

Keep it, one of the most fun weapons on-game in my opinion.

I used an ascended Found Verdict to break out of detain even without jailbreaker. With jailbreaker, I was able to break out my team in seconds.

The answer is Found Verdict, I love this shotgun. Great for PvE and halfway decent for PvP too, dat impact.

The Ram is fantastic. But I'm guessing you don't PvP?
I always say people should use exotics that give you perks that you use more often that just when you pop your super. With Voidfangs, I spawn with grenades every single life, including as a sunsinger. With the Ram, either class gets extra armor, and lifesteal on all void melees. Nemesis makes extra orbs on super, but will always help with revives. With the Praxic you get... a few extra grenades for when you're supering.

LTWood12

Fair points; and probably the likely scenario.

Can you really practice for ToO, though? The no-respawning mechanic is what makes the mode, and seems like it'd totally change how you approach any encounter.

You can play Elimination which is the same mode, only it's not the same map everytime.

Rainmaker

Banned
After sleeping on it I guess I'm ready to try PoE 34 and get irritated all over again. I really want that Etheric light and I have no more options to get it this week.

Maybe I should try doing it with a 34 or two instead of all three of us being 33? It was just a long and daunting task to even get to Qodron and then that was immediately fruitless. If there are any takers that would like to help me feel free.

PSN: The_Sacred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom