• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second step of the exotic bounty done after 5 keys, loved the little lore behind the ether distribution.

10998006_10155615463405475_5275300149117409339_n.jpg

Also I uploaded the Qodros battle for the ones still trying to figure out how to fight him legit.

https://youtu.be/np9NaeEvCYk

I always say people should use exotics that give you perks that you use more often that just when you pop your super. With Voidfangs, I spawn with grenades every single life, including as a sunsinger. With the Ram, either class gets extra armor, and lifesteal on all void melees. Nemesis makes extra orbs on super, but will always help with revives. With the Praxic you get... a few extra grenades for when you're supering.

Praxic is amazing for Control or objetives based games, just put the armorperk when you are in radiance and use the second grenade with the combustion perk, everyone is dead in seconds and amazing in PVE with the Juju, infinite super.

I also change chest pieces when the super is up but mainly use the Void fangs in pvp

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah I have two games under my belt, both recent.

On a side note, while I'm still leveling up my Titan, I'm not really enjoying playing as one very much. So far it's Hunter >>>>>>>>>>Titan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warlock.

Why?

Warlocks are really flexible and versatile. And self resurrection is very useful.

Why would I want a kinetic weapon when I could have an elemental version of the same thing? Why would I want to keep both? I feel like this same argument could be made about blues. Sure they may do slightly less damage but they can still get the job done.

Also, where am I going to put all of these kinetic weapons and their elemental counterparts? Believe me, I'd love to collect them all.

please don't nitpick my inventory

Not enough NLB. Kudos for ascending it though.

Jaeyden

34 last night was a piece of piss. We tried to nuke him down on our first try, got him to a bout 20 percent before we got over run by mobs. Decided we'd try it legit and took him down on our 2nd try. I thought it was a fun fight. We just grouped up in the back right corner and broke each other out of our bubbles with shotties. Seemed like the Hobgoblin would just keep coming to us back there.

LordofPwn

Got the exotic bounty quest. have no keys. Have only had 5 or 6 total. 3 were given...

Had 2 queen packages yesterday and no key. hope to get one today.

Last night did 3 34s and 3 32s. each one took about 30 mins each. that 34 boss is super easy. only wiped twice through all of that too.

gonna run 1 35 tonight. got my 4th horseman ready.

I'm at work til around 6 est too, but if there's any going on at that time I would certainly enjoy it.

No Xur needs to have Celestial Nighthawk, and the Titan Alpha Lupi. :D

If Xur has Celestial Nighthawk this weekend words will not express the joy I will have. Only gifs.

LTWood12

Second step of the exotic bounty done after 5 keys, loved the little lore behind the ether distribution.

Also I uploaded the Qodros battle for the ones still trying to figure out how to fight him legit.

https://youtu.be/np9NaeEvCYk

Praxic is amazing for Control or objetives based games, just put the armorperk when you are in radiance and use the second grenade with the combustion perk, everyone is dead in seconds and amazing in PVE with the Juju, infinite super.

I also change chest pieces when the super is up but mainly use the Void fangs in pvp

Lots of orbs and a blessing bubble plus SGA. Impressive. Not a lot of margin for error is there?

dB Viper

Did the Titan bub and Ghorn strat on the 34 boss... had a 32 with us as well. Literally half a second before we all get detained and died, I shot my last Ghorn. I self-rez'd and that last ghorn gave us the kill. The grimore popped up and we all danced. So awesome.

Shito

Is it recommended to save your Treasure Keys for the harder PoE? Better chance of Exotics and Legendaries?
Nope.
You get a ship and a shader from the first PoE 35 chest you open, and that's all. Other than that, they're all the same chests, from 28 to 35.

noomi

Is it recommended to save your Treasure Keys for the harder PoE? Better chance of Exotics and Legendaries?

Same loot, but if you open the level 35 chest you get an emblem, shader and ship as well (only the 1st time though)

*edit*

if you do this make sure you have an open slot for each item, it will not go to the post master :(

GhaleonEB

haha, I know you have a very particular inventory style. Whatever is most enjoyable to you, I respect.

I find it convenient to have multiple paths to the level cap for different situations- and Light Beyond Nemesis is pretty darn valuable in PoE, Nightfalls, and the Trials if you ever take part. Access to Infusion and extra orb generation are great bonuses too.
Yeah, I have several builds for my Hunter going, and am lusting after Celestial Nighthawk with a great thirst. It would get me playing a Gunslinger again, as I tend to be a straight Bladedancer for the invisibility. I just haven't seen any exotics that offer perks I'd want as much as turbocharging Fireborn, so I haven't diversified the Warlock build yet.

Why?

Warlocks are really flexible and versatile. And self resurrection is very useful.
Self res is useful, and it's saved many Nightfall runs. But my praise for Warlocks pretty much ends there. In particular, their jump gets me killed more often than anything else in the game. Though some of that stems from going from a high agility Hunter to this floofy thing floating around for enemies to shoot down like a Thanksgiving float covered in bullseyes. I think jumping will help me move, when it just makes me a target. I also have a knack for getting stuck hovering under low ceilings.

In fairness, I haven't played my Voidwalker build in a long time. But that's mostly because all my Warlock does is NF and weekly Heriocs, where self-res is more useful than nova bomb. She basically exists to earn gear for my Hunter. It's a slot my Titan is going to take up, unless I fall in love with Defenders. But those seem to play a similar role as a self-resing Warlock: useful to the team, but less so to the individual. At, least, that's how I see them now; I'll give'em a go.

LTWood12

Did the Titan bub and Ghorn strat on the 34 boss... had a 32 with us as well. Literally half a second before we all get detained and died, I shot my last Ghorn. I self-rez'd and that last ghorn gave us the kill. The grimore popped up and we all danced. So awesome.

Wow I'm surprised you had enough dps w/ a 32. We did it w/ 2 34s and a 33 and made it w/ only a second to spare.

Last night my Hunter ran the level 32 PoE, got an armor core to help my Titan level up. I just accidentally used it on my Warlock, who has an ascended Praxic. I'd forgotten who I'd signed into (I is not a morning person).

First time I've really goofed up something like this. Feel really dumb.

Well tbh its a trash strength only chest. I have been rolling dice with weapon/armor core because I don't want those terrible rolls on any armor piece.

Shito

Self res is useful, and it's saved many Nightfall runs. But my praise for Warlocks pretty much ends there. In particular, their jump gets me killed more often than anything else in the game. Though some of that stems from going from a high agility Hunter to this floofy thing floating around for enemies to shoot down like a Thanksgiving float covered in bullseyes. I think jumping will help me move, when it just makes me a target. I also have a knack for getting stuck hovering under low ceilings.

In fairness, I haven't played my Voidwalker build in a long time. But that's mostly because all my Warlock does is NF and weekly Heriocs, where self-res is more useful than nova bomb. She basically exists to earn gear for my Hunter. It's a slot my Titan is going to take up, unless I fall in love with Defenders. But those seem to play a similar role as a self-resing Warlock: useful to the team, but less so to the individual. At, least, that's how I see them now; I'll give'em a go.
That's pretty much me, yeah.
Started the game with a Hunter, made a Warlock for easier solo Nightfalls (and the added loot, of course), then a Titan. I can't stand the Warlock's jump, and while I can have a blast doing some patrol or dailies as a voidwalker, "real" high end activities always call for the more boring sunsinger sub-class. I love my warlock's look, but I really don't have much fun playing it.
As for my titan, I don't like its look (titans are ugly in this game, males or females), but I do love its jump and bubble. It's more rewarding to play as a titan compared to the warlock because at least you are actually using your super with a tactical mindset, compared to just a "woops I fucked up, sorry, let me press this button to try again!".
In the end, though, Hunter is where the fun is at for me. Those precise jumps, the invisibility, and those knives are all I love in a game.

Lots of orbs and a blessing bubble plus SGA. Impressive. Not a lot of margin for error is there?

Not on the first Eye if you dont find him in 30 secs is an instant wipe, the second Eye you have like 1 minute before the next Jail phase

Nop, it looks like it have the same rate in any difficulty so save one key for your first 35 PoE then save the rest for the exotic quest, small chests in the treasure room have a chance to give you keys too.

Namikaze1

I really recommend saving those keys. Nothing good drops from the big chest. Save them for your first PoE 35 and for the exotic bounty.

noomi

Wait... they can't be reforged but their perks/burn is random?

I thought they were set, like Trials of Osiris weapons...

PoE weapons can't be re-forged. Only weapons that have that little hammer icon.

I really recommend saving those keys. Nothing good drops from the big chest. Save them for your first PoE 35 and for the exotic bounty.

This, doing exactly that. Except I have no keys :/

Damn, I'm at work but I want to roll with you bro.

LTWood12

Why?

Yeah, I have several builds for my Hunter going, and am lusting after Celestial Nighthawk with a great thirst. It would get me playing a Gunslinger again, as I tend to be a straight Bladedancer for the invisibility. I just haven't seen any exotics that offer perks I'd want as much as turbocharging Fireborn, so I haven't diversified the Warlock build yet.

Warlock is third class of the three that I got to the level cap on, and as such I feel the least adept with it currently. I think the biggest mistake I and many others make when we play as Warlocks is saving our Radiance to avoid a wipe. You can be a much bigger help to your team by popping Radiance and creating orbs frequently and wrecking shit. I find that more often than not (at least in Raids & Prison of Elders), self-res just delays the inevitable. Everyone dies, 'ltwood12 has self-resurrected', wait 3 seconds, 'ltwood12 has died.'

Forgive me if this is a common topic in this thread, but what is the most efficient way to get treasure keys? I have maybe an hour or so a day to dedicate to Destiny and I really like Prison of Elders, but I don't want to do it if I'm not going to get a reward at the end.

I've been doing Petra's bounties, and trying to grab ether chests when I have the time, but I've only been able to get one treasure key and that was from the night HoW launched.

phen0m24

Morning DGAF.

I was thinking about running a Crucible Train later today. So how much interest is there in doing some Trials practice?

I am attempting to practice with Fig (my son played Skirmish with her and Twilight last night lol) so if I ever run ToO with you I might actually help...

noomi

Forgive me if this is a common topic in this thread, but what is the most efficient way to get treasure keys? I have maybe an hour or so a day to dedicate to Destiny and I really like Prison of Elders, but I don't want to do it if I'm not going to get a reward at the end.

I've been doing Petra's bounties, and trying to grab ether chests when I have the time, but I've only been able to get one treasure key and that was from the night HoW launched.

- Completing the new story gives 1 one after everything is done.
- Farming chests on Venus
- Finishing bounties from Petra has a small chance
- Small side chests from completing PoE have a small chance

That's all we know..... for now.

Think of the keys as a bonus. PoE is still worth running for the armor cores, weapon cores, and etheric light.

Shito

Warlock is third class of the three that I got to the level cap on, and as such I feel the least adept with it currently. I think the biggest mistake I and many others make when we play as Warlocks is saving our Radiance to avoid a wipe. You can be a much bigger help to your team by popping Radiance and creating orbs frequently and wrecking shit. I find that more often than not (at least in Raids & Prison of Elders), self-res just delays the inevitable. Everyone dies, 'ltwood12 has self-resurrected', wait 3 seconds, 'ltwood12 has died.'
I agree, but then there's always that one situation where you die without your super when a self-res could have the day. There a lot of situations where I want to just pop Radiance but I don't because I don't want to be regretting it just later on...

Think of the keys as a bonus. PoE is still worth running for the armor cores, weapon cores, and etheric light.
And fun!
This is the mode that made me start playing with gaffers!

PoE weapons can't be re-forged. Only weapons that have that little hammer icon.

This, doing exactly that. Except I have no keys :/

Damn, I'm at work but I want to roll with you bro.

I know noomi, but are their perks random or pre-set?

I mean, can I get that same gun with different perks or a different burn?

Guys, I really want to beat PoE 34 or 35 this week.

No Gjallarhorn.

I'm 34 titan, blinding bubble, max Hunger, good arc weapons

Which will be easier?

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom