• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

That's pretty much me, yeah.
Started the game with a Hunter, made a Warlock for easier solo Nightfalls (and the added loot, of course), then a Titan. I can't stand the Warlock's jump, and while I can have a blast doing some patrol or dailies as a voidwalker, "real" high end activities always call for the more boring sunsinger sub-class. I love my warlock's look, but I really don't have much fun playing it.

As for my titan, I don't like its look (titans are ugly in this game, males or females), but I do love its jump and bubble. It's more rewarding to play as a titan compared to the warlock because at least you are actually using your super with a tactical mindset, compared to just a "woops I fucked up, sorry, let me press this button to try again!".
In the end, though, Hunter is where the fun is at for me. Those precise jumps, the invisibility, and those knives are all I love in a game.
Yeah, that is where I'm at. I'm looking forward to being Defender Titan partly because I'll get to use my ability more often in high-end activities. When I'm playing Warlock, I'm essentially the fallback plan and save the super in case of emergencies. Many times, that means I don't use it at all. (Which makes me wonder why I'm so stuck on keeping Praxus. Probably because it looks so fabulous.)

stb

Raiding summary for 5/27/2015: "Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming"

The usual suspects were all present and accounted for, and we elected to go back to regular raids this week after the highs and lows of ToO and PoE.

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

NM Gorgons 3x
- didn't do this because didn't get the CP

NM CE full
- we were slightly handicapped by my level 30 hunter, who turned 31 after getting the arms from the Abyss
- wiped once in the Abyss right at the bridge, as it was fully formed. Knight went HAAM on us.
- I think captscience got a piece of armor he didn't have for his "baby" hunter, as well

NM DS/Crota 3x
- one wipe due to a series of unfortunate events. science got Crota-slapped, then Dave_6 forgot about ogres, then Capt_Verde got ogred. One too many Oversouls.
- Verde's insane luck streak continues, finally getting his first Ghorn!

HM DS/Crota 3x
- didn't do this because didn't get the CP

Oracles and Templar
- Oracles were unexciting
- one wipe on Templar, I think, due to random weirdness
- no Foils
- no Fate Bringers
- I got double Found Verdicts in one drop
- misc pieces of armor

HM Gorgons 3x
- I think there were a few exotics, but nothing anyone hadn't gotten before or wanted dupes of

HM Gorgons through GK - v1
- the gorgons were being weird. They kept doubling back and otherwise getting off their patterns.
- captscience and I hadn't done the jumping puzzle with Hunters ever, and nailed it. #teamfirsttry
- Gatekeeper always gives us a hard time if we take even a week off, and this week was no different. Once we got our shit together, it went OK

HM Atheon
- went fine; may have been a wipe, but I don't really remember
- due to some weird rule about checkpoints and if characters have completed certain things, we lost the CP, so we had to run Gorgons through GK again

HM Gorgons through GK - v2
- GK was much easier the second time

HM Atheon v2
- same as the last one
- we DID get the weird bug where the aegis disappears for no reason, so we wiped at least once
- no exciting drops

SUMMARY
It was nice to get back to the familiar stomping grounds of the raids. We were definitely a touch rusty after the week "off", but (other than the CP-losing weirdness) it went fairly smoothly and we all had a good time.

The big winner was Verde, yet again, with his Ghorn. I think GRIP got one, too, but I'm not sure from what drop.

captscience and I got some new armor from CE and VoG for our hunters, and everyone got a few exotic shards.

It was a little disappointing we didn't get to try HM Crota, but PoE has negatively impacted the availability of CP leeching. =) We're going to try to get that CP and run it later in the week.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, I have several builds for my Hunter going, and am lusting after Celestial Nighthawk with a great thirst. It would get me playing a Gunslinger again, as I tend to be a straight Bladedancer for the invisibility. I just haven't seen any exotics that offer perks I'd want as much as turbocharging Fireborn, so I haven't diversified the Warlock build yet.

Self res is useful, and it's saved many Nightfall runs. But my praise for Warlocks pretty much ends there. In particular, their jump gets me killed more often than anything else in the game. Though some of that stems from going from a high agility Hunter to this floofy thing floating around for enemies to shoot down like a Thanksgiving float covered in bullseyes. I think jumping will help me move, when it just makes me a target. I also have a knack for getting stuck hovering under low ceilings.

In fairness, I haven't played my Voidwalker build in a long time. But that's mostly because all my Warlock does is NF and weekly Heriocs, where self-res is more useful than nova bomb. She basically exists to earn gear for my Hunter. It's a slot my Titan is going to take up, unless I fall in love with Defenders. But those seem to play a similar role as a self-resing Warlock: useful to the team, but less so to the individual. At, least, that's how I see them now; I'll give'em a go.

Hmmm.

I need to play as a Hunter a bit more, but I find a blink Voidwalker just to be incredibly fun to play, especially with all the agility perks on. The Sunsinger has the self-res, but also double fusion grenades and angel of light (which yes is floaty but also fun when you rain death down upon the heathens).

I can appreciate its all personal taste but having taken a Titan to 33 and a warlock to 32 I just don't understand why warlocks produce such a negative reaction. Although I totally get that their robes are a bit crap.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Thanks to so many of you for running with me on PoE 32 and 34 the last two weeks. This game improved immensely once I started playing with folks from here. I didn't try it last week, but hopefully this week I can try that level 35!

raindoc

Just did the 34 a 4th time with friends, lactose-free. Calling it out soon enough and the sitting right next to each other when the cages form is THE best advice I can give. Cages go down quick enough that way even without buff and the rest is rather easy.

Used the first key this time around and promptly got the Queen's Cipher AND Khepri's Sting. How long do I have to wait for Variks/ what to do to speed his work up?

Just did the 34 a 4th time with friends, lactose-free. Calling it out soon enough and the sitting right next to each other when the cages form is THE best advice I can give. Cages go down quick enough that way even without buff and the rest is rather easy.

Used the first key this time around and promptly got the Queen's Cipher AND Khepri's Sting. How long do I have to wait for Variks/ what to do to speed his work up?

Wiki says you have to wait 1 day or 2 days for his call

phen0m24

Fig hasn't carry you on her back for PoE yet? This...this should not stand! :p
Oooh man I've done all of them.

But on my warlock last week. Got all 3 chars to 33 with armor cores. Got titan to 34. Could get hunter to 34 using my last light and the chest. Haven't done any this week.

But I would love a FB 365. LDR 365.

Against All Odds 365.

No. Light. Yet. :(

RetroMG

So I'm taking my alts through PoE 28 just so it's done... Any good reason to use my keys in 28, or should I save them for 32/34, or does it even matter?

ich00

This thread is moving too fast! I can't keep up!

I'd be honored to run with you later today and flesh out some generic strategies and tips to give peeps during my first Trials Dojo on Sunday...

I missed that you're doing thie Trials school, did you start sign ups? I'd be totally down for this, I'm trying to get my PvP game up.

Never been a fan of Spear, low RoF, low Magazine and midium stability.
The Amplified Geo-D6 looks nice, if you could get it with Shortgaze-SLH10 scope, Hidden hand for first perk, and Perfect balance for the second perk tree and any among performance bonus/unflinching/surplus/replinish for the last perk then that should be a very good sniper.

As for your rocket launcher, roll it until you have proximity, javelin and tripod (if you can't get tri pod then spray and play is good too).

Thanks for the input, I'll work on those perks. I was playing around with all the snipers yesterday and couldn't pick a clear winner.

I was using Swordbreaker. I ran out of ammo rather quickly.

Is invective a viable option? Or is the ammo regen not quick enough to work well?

Marvel

could never
I've never beaten Skolas, would love someone to carry me through it at some point. Kicked our asses last night.

Ruthless pls

lol

RetroMG

I really need to get an Etheric Light from somewhere so I can get my Hunter to 34. Then me and my GHorn will go take on Skolas.

gatti-man

I'll be on most of the day. Down for nightfalls and Poe 35/34. Still haven't done Poe 35 but I'm super ready with fb 365 thunderlord and a nice arc rocket launcher/ghorn.

Thanks squid, stray, t-44, and AdamKoy for the runs! Really fun taking down the 34 boss in under 45 seconds!

Got the PoE hand cannon from a chance. Seems ok.
Yeah, that was a lot of fun for my first lvl 34 run. Still not sure what to do with the Etheric Light, might save it to level up my Titan first instead of the Warlock. Titans seem far more useful and valuable for PoE.

There's nothing in the game I'd swap out for the Praxic.
If you get an Obsidian Mind, learn to embrace the void. I have a build that can bring my Intellect up to 100%, and it's Nova Bombs every couple of minutes at the most. And as sploatee suggested, I'd use Blink instead of the hover.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok can someone pls give me the cliffs notes on how I should play Prison of Elders when it comes to using keys.
I haven't fibished a level 34 yet. Tried last night but couldn't get it done.

1. Is the loot very different from the chests from one level to the next?
2. Are there consistent gifts/rewards for finishing each level of PoE? I got an armour code after finishing level 32, will that happen every time?
3. I've seen people suggesting to save your keys for 34 or 35. Better loot chance?

I know these are basic questions but it would save me searching for answers answers.
Thanks in advance!

At this point, I'm close to farming Skolas for the damn bounty.

I was lucky enough for me to drop on the 34 boss last night first run at it this week my mate got it at the same time as well which was freaky.

God speed to you good sir if you are going to farm that big shithead Skolas haha

Question about heavy in Crucible: Sometimes, I pick it up and only get 2 rockets. Huh?

I'm using the new Dead Orbit vendor rocket with proximity and tripod.

My clown cartridge tracking one seems to always get 4. WTF?

LTWood12

Yeah, that was a lot of fun for my first lvl 34 run. Still not sure what to do with the Etheric Light, might save it to level up my Titan first instead of the Warlock. Titans seem far more useful and valuable for PoE.

Really enjoyed it! I say ascend whichever class you feel the most confident with. Titans are definitely essential in the Higher Level PoE rounds though.

Ok can someone pls give me the cliffs notes on how I should play Prison of Elders when it comes to using keys.

2. Are there consistent gifts/rewards for finishing each level of PoE? I got an armour code after finishing level 32, will that happen every time?
3. I've seen people suggesting to save your keys for 34 or 35. Better loot chance?

I know these are basic questions but it would save me searching for answers answers.
Thanks in advance!
From what I know, could be wrong since I have not play that much
1) loot is RNG across the board, I think you are guaranteed 1 exotic for your first time opening it. Dont know if its per character or account
2) Armor core is guaranteed for level 32, weapon core and e-light for level 34, armor core, weapon core and e-light for level 35.
3) yeah its better to save your key for level 35 since you will get a shader + ship+ emblem your first time doing that or save it since the key is required for the exotic bounty that can drop.

Future

Sounds like I'm gonna have to watch vids of all he encounters for Poe before trying then. No checkpoint means if I didn't equip properly or have the right composition, might be fucked

I know this thread is the house of the hardcore where everyone has fate ringers and baller horns. But for me trying to beat 32 was a pain in my ass without knowing about the floor burn and no heal modifiers. Lever 34 Poe seems even worse

Thanks in advance!

1. Loot from chest is the same, only exception is your first ever is a guarunteed Exotic and the first 35 gives a ship, shader and emblem.
2. Completion rewards are always the same, says what they are on the navigatoe screen.
3. No difference in loot, only bonus stuff in firdt 35 chest.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
From what I know, could be wrong since I have not play that much
1) loot is RNG across the board, I think you are guaranteed 1 exotic for your first time opening it. Dont know if its per character or account
2) Armor core is guaranteed for level 32, weapon core and e-light for level 34, armor core, weapon core and e-light for level 35.
3) yeah its better to save your key for level 35 since you will get a shader + ship+ emblem your first time doing that or save it since the key is required for the exotic bounty that can drop.

Thanks!
So Light and weapon for 34?? Nice!
So are people doing the 32, saving their armour core and then doing the 34 and using the weapon with the armour for that package?

nOoblet16

The fuck does this eye look like ?
And do they come out immediately or only when it says searching for targets...it killed me within 2 seconds of that message appearing.

Namikaze1

Thanks in advance!
Save keys for exotic bounty and for your first PoE 35.

1. Loot isn't different. Same stuff can drop in higher levels. Only shader, emblem, and ship drops at PoE 35 but currently is a one time deal for that stuff. What I mean is that it drops once per account at the moment. Bungie has said it is a bug.

2. You can only get cores once per guardian after every reset. You can still do PoE runs but they won't drop after the first run on each guardian for that week.

3. See #1 and the note above it

Looks like it's no Gjallarhorn, no Etheric light this week from PoE. Maybe Trials will yield better results.

We had 2 gjallarhorn but one of us was 33. couldn't get the kill after 3 tries. Waiting 5 minutes is boring.

Trying it legit was even worse. Bungie really messed up with this one. The Hive guy who burns the ground was way more fun. Even with two hunters and one person under leveled we did it.

MrS

Banned
The fuck does this eye look like ?
And do they come out immediately or only when it says searching for targets...it killed me within 2 seconds of that message appearing.
A shiny looking hobgoblin. Looks like the hobgoblins from the VOG.

Really enjoyed it! I say ascend whichever class you feel the most confident with. Titans are definitely essential in the Higher Level PoE rounds though.
Warlock was my first character, but I'll be damned if the other two classes aren't more useful in the higher end PvE stuff. Decisions, decisions...

And I'm always down to play if you ever need another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom