• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The fuck does this eye look like ?
And do they come out immediately or only when it says searching for targets...it killed me within 2 seconds of that message appearing.

It's a silver goblin. Completely normal height but a different head piece. He seems to come from the boss's direction most of the time. He has a yellow health bar too.

We had 2 gjallarhorn but one of us was 33. couldn't get the kill after 3 tries. Waiting 5 minutes is boring.

Trying it legit was even worse. Bungie really messed up with this one. The Hive guy who burns the ground was way more fun. Even with two hunters and one person under leveled we did it.

Its the same tactic but you have to drestroy the lava floor instead of jumping like a idiot.

Its the same tactic but you have to drestroy the lava floor instead of jumping like a idiot.

Destroy the random cpu that you can't even find half the time and break out of the bubble that drains your health and every time you get trapped you have half health already anyway.

Right... it's the same tactic.

Edit: to clarify my frustration, it more about the team wipes that enevitibly happen because of the bubble health drain. Added to the fact that if you can't kill the special guy in time you're basically screwed. Bungie should have put a vip marker over the dudes head.

Titan tips?! Write that shit down. I'm pretty sure that my striker will be my go to pvp character.

I'm by no means a PvP expert but I used my Titan a lot for helping people to get to the Lighthouse. I feel like the most underestimated and underused ability of the Titan is actually in the Defender class and that is the Suppressor Grenade.
Throw this in a hallway or on someone who is reviving and they can't do anything. They can't throw grenades, they can't double jump and most of all they can't use their super. I think it slowly became part of our strategy and it seemed to work pretty well.

Destroy the random cpu that you can't even find half the time and break out of the bubble that drains your health and every time you get trapped you have half health already anyway.

Right... it's the same tactic.

Edit: to clarify my frustration, it more about the team wipes that enevitibly happen because of the bubble health drain. Added to the fact that if you can't kill the special guy in time you're basically screwed. Bungie should have put a vip marker over the dudes head.

Agree, sometimes the Eyes gets stuck by Qodros himself or doest move where he spawns screwing up the encounter or instant spawn and goes charging to your team right after you destroyed the Jail and another may appear after that, it is a pretty random encounter so you have to kept him alive while dealing the other enemies,

The eye spawn is really random the entire fight, you have to improvise every goddamm minute fearing a wipe.

Where does this eye thing spawns ? Sometime it spawns right next to you on the left and sometimes it's no where to be seen.

The most common is on the left side following the path, Another behind Qodros and then stands in front onf him and jumps the main platform, the rarest is the right is slowly walking due someone aggro him.

Agree, sometimes the Eyes gets stuck by Qodros himself or doest move where he spawns screwing up the encounter or instant spawn and goes charging to your team right after you destroyed the Jail and another may appear after that, it is a pretty random encounter so you have to kept him alive while dealing the other enemies,

The eye spawn is really random the entire fight, you have to improvise every goddamm minute fearing a wipe.

Yeah that kept happening to us. It just wasn't fun. I love a challenge but when it feels unfair like this, I just don't even want to play it. If I do 34 again this week I'll need 2 more 34s will 365 gjallarhorn

Yea I agree with what Drizz said yesterday. Hate the 1 level higher + burn modifier = Bungie's way of a challenge, or tons of ADS. Getting OHK isn't a challenge, it's lame!

But with that said, I need 2x nightfalls tonight.
Been ranting being forced under level is bullshit since Crota HM >_>

nOoblet16

I am not even talking about level 35, level 34 with that Quorn motherfucker (yea I know that's not his name and Quorn is a food) is bad as it is even as a level 34. I'll never run PoE unless I know I will get it done smoothly, I can't be wasting time on this shit for measly reward....ToO is all this game has left to offer to me.

I am not liking the inconsistent difficulty of level 34 PoE. Urrox was manageable enough with 3 level 33's, but this week with 3 level 34's Qodros is pretty daunting. I was with a solid group that can hold their own in PvE and we could barely make a dent trying legit. The adds are just too much and even if you get the jailbreaker buff, if someone was already hurt when detained they will die anyway. There isn't enough time to do serious damage to the boss since you have to immediately prepare for the next detain.

We gave up after an hour and just did the Ghorn spam method and he was down in 30's.

I am not even talking about level 35, level 34 with that Quorn motherfucker (yea I know that's not his name and Quorn is a food) is bad as it is even as a level 34. I'll never run PoE unless I know I will get it done smoothly, I can't be wasting time on this shit for measly reward....ToO is all this game has left to offer to me.

I agree, ToO will be much easier to acquire gear, weapons and etheric light.

Bungie can fix it, just needs some tuning. I don't want PoE stupid easy, but some of these encounters are a little over the top throwing stuff at you.

Yea I agree with what Drizz said yesterday. Hate the 1 level higher + burn modifier = Bungie's way of a challenge, or tons of ADS. Getting OHK isn't a challenge, it's lame!

But with that said, I need 2x nightfalls tonight.

Spent 30mins solo'ing NF...got OHKO'd by a dreg while sniping Sepiks. I put the controller down and walked away. Probably be back on later tonight to run NF again.

raindoc

34 isn't that bad. Head for the left corner, watch out for "Quorn" targeting, bunch up (really, you should be sitting right next to each other) and use shotguns. that way you should be able to take care of the shields even if you miss the eye.

LTWood12

I am not liking the inconsistent difficulty of level 34 PoE. Urrox was manageable enough with 3 level 33's, but this week with 3 level 34's Qodros is pretty daunting. I was with a solid group that can hold their own in PvE and we could barely make a dent trying legit. The adds are just too much and even if you get the jailbreaker buff, if someone was already hurt when detained they will die anyway. There isn't enough time to do serious damage to the boss since you have to immediately prepare for the next detain.

We gave up after an hour and just did the Ghorn spam method and he was down in 30's.

They really need to put that one back in the oven. Really doesn't feel like it was playtested.

I'm with you on that.

I'm still pissed from trying last night. Feels good to rant. Lol.

Unstable stealing 400pts worth of kills in the opening seconds

tumblr_inline_mumexvJPe31re8w4g.gif

nOoblet16

34 isn't that bad. Head for the left corner, watch out for "Quorn" targeting, bunch up (really, you should be sitting right next to each other) and use shotguns. that way you should be able to take care of the shields even if you miss the eye.

I ran out of shotgun ammo, and the game cheaps out so much on giving me any special ammo. I don't like using special synths cause then I can't use heavy synths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom