• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had great success with POE 34 using the following:

Hunter 34
Warlock 34
Titan 34

Titan pops bubble outside front door, we all unload 12-14 Horn rockets while dipping in and out of the bubble. Success guardian, success.

Namikaze1

Lol I don't want to touch skolas on arc burn again this week...

I'll help later in the week if you can't get it done. Just get a good arc sniper maxed out for him.
Is this good enough?
CGBwlX8WAAAIELu.jpg:orig

ethomaz

Banned

Hunter 34
Warlock 34
Titan 34

Titan pops bubble outside front door, we all unload 12-14 Horn rockets while dipping in and out of the bubble. Success guardian, success.
We did that yesterday except the Hunter was 33... Ghorn ate him.

Hunter 34
Warlock 34
Titan 34

Yeah, that is the easy mode, but we have all been trying and failing to do it "legit" by tackling the boss mechanic.

Any videos out there beating him without Ghorn spam?

Edit: yeah that sniper is basically perfect for Skolas Nami.

Easiest way to kill Skolas this week?

I've been thinking of putting together a quick little video showing my Skolas kills on each class this week, if people would find it useful. The classes are pretty similar but some important distinctions. Basic idea is high impact snipers with Titan illuminated weapons of light bubble, kill him before/as the first mine wave spawns, same as last week.

hydruxo

Hunter 34
Warlock 34
Titan 34

aka the answer to beating any boss in this game

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay Guardians, this is on topic cause the primary purpose of it will be Destiny apps!

What's the right phone for me: Note 4, Note Edge, LG G4, HTC M9? I currently have a Note 3 and love it except for the build quality. Mine in particular is defective (erratic charging) and it is time to Jump. bestow upon me your super good advice.

Lnkn52

Okay Guardians, this is on topic cause the primary purpose of it will be Destiny apps!

What's the right phone for me: Note 4, Note Edge, LG G4, HTC M9? I currently have a Note 3 and love it except for the build quality. Mine in particular is defective (erratic charging) and it is time to Jump. bestow upon me your super good advice.

Can you add the Nexus 6 in there too.

I have a Nexus and I like to keep my hardware to the latest software possible. Out of those; HTC has a nice build quality (but it wont matter if put in a case) but crappy camera, G4 has a beautiful screen; that's all I know. And Note, it's a Samusung; good all around.

noomi

I've heard great things about the LG G4.

I've had an iphone since the first one released, but if I ever switch to android it's going to be a g4.

Check this guy out for some of the best reviews online: https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee

Oh that sounds good maybe I'll try to re-roll for that sometime. Seems hard to get all that exactly though.

Super hard to get. But when I see Felwinter's with AB, SP, Hammer Forged, and Kneepads/Final Round/Luck in the Chamber, I know it's possible.

I have over 200 motes saved for when my Party Crasher +1 or Matador 64 drops . . .

stb

Any reason to keep more than one Found Verdict or Corrective Measure?

Given how tight vault space is now, I don't want to occupy slots with dupes unless it'd be terribly foolish to give these guns up.

Given how tight vault space is now, I don't want to occupy slots with dupes unless it'd be terribly foolish to give these guns up.

I don't keep dupes of anything. If I get a second Hawkmoon, I'm sharing it. But I'm OCD about this stuff. I'm always cleaning the house and throwing things away. Occasionally, I regret it, but almost never!

I got last years G3 and it's awesome. I imagine the G4 would be a pretty solid phone as well. There are a few things I like for them to address but otherwise LG is really stepping up their game.

Check this guy out for some of the best reviews online: https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee

MKBHD Hype!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am not liking the inconsistent difficulty of level 34 PoE. Urrox was manageable enough with 3 level 33's, but this week with 3 level 34's Qodros is pretty daunting. I was with a solid group that can hold their own in PvE and we could barely make a dent trying legit. The adds are just too much and even if you get the jailbreaker buff, if someone was already hurt when detained they will die anyway. There isn't enough time to do serious damage to the boss since you have to immediately prepare for the next detain.

We gave up after an hour and just did the Ghorn spam method and he was down in 30's.
They really need to put that one back in the oven. Really doesn't feel like it was playtested.
I'm rather ambivalent.

On the one hand, this specific encounter/instance/modifier combo isn't well-tuned at all.

I'm wondering, though: Trickle just made everything rougher for all roles... with so many Axis Hobgoblins, rarified grenades and melee is just brutal. But the fight with something like Small Arms, the secondary buff (can't remember name), a Burn or event Brawler, that could allow Axis mobs to be taken down much more quickly as well as the non-buffed players to contribute more to taking down the detains- the fight could actually be pretty fun. I'm curious as to whether it would feel as mechanically different given the modifier switch as it does in my imagination, and I hope one thing we can count as a positive about the PoE format is that we should get to find out one day, hopefully.
Can you add the Nexus 6 in there too.
Hmm. I like big, but isn't that thing the most mondo giant IPhone 6 Doubleplus thing out there? It's good? That'd be the option I know the least about :)

stb

I don't keep dupes of anything. If I get a second Hawkmoon, I'm sharing it. But I'm OCD about this stuff. I'm always cleaning the house and throwing things away. Occasionally, I regret it, but almost never!

I have a few dupes, just for quality-of-life reasons (not having to move stuff around):
- Vex (for Control and bounties)
- Swordbreaker (we run VoG a lot, and it's great for minotaurs)
- Vision of Confluence (for VoG)
- Black Hammer (for various strikes, e.g. Sepiks and Priest)
- Hunger of Crota (best overall legendary RL, IMO)

I WOULD have dupes of:
- Fatebringer
- Ice Breaker
- Ghorn
... but I've only gotten one of each as drops, and neglected to buy spare IBs when Xur had them because I was coin-poor at the time.

PuMa

Check out the One Plus One. GREAT new phone that is getting lots of hype.

What specific special/heavy did you guys use (and levels, weapons and characters)?

Titan/Warlock/Hunter. Arc Snipers (Two LDRs and POE sniper). Popped a bubble on the door on the left where the shanks come out and kept shooting Skolas until mines appeared and then the Hunter went to dismantle the mines while we finished him off. Warlock self res is also useful. Didn't switch to heavy once.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm starting to enjoy crucible now, I think the best mode for me at least when it comes to deathmatch is skirmish, 3 on 3 just works better than 6 on 6 and Rumble is too chaotic for me.

Homeboyd

Only arc snipers like the LDR Arc I guess.
No I need specifics...

Titan/Warlock/Hunter. Arc Snipers (Two LDRs and POE sniper). Popped a bubble on the door on the left where the shanks come out and kept shooting Skolas until mines appeared and then the Hunter went to dismantle the mines while we finished him off. Warlock self res is also useful. Didn't switch to heavy once.
Edit: Thanks Liebert. Were all snipers 365?

Homeboyd

yeah. would have been even easier if all our snipers were final round.
See I'm wondering if I should use my 365 P&T and a 331 heavy launcher (even though the RL prob wont be needed), or if I should ascend a Longbow/LDR and use 365 TLord. Really don't want to use an etheric, but will if I have to. Just not sure the P&T will get it done. And the great LDR I have from the last DLC vendor doesn't have field scout.

Nuszka

Yet another scout rifle from j. chance. Varriks give me a piece of armour please. Anyone running PoE 34 ?
Edit: Totp yes

ich00

Have you tried Tower Ghost or Loadouts (if on iOS)? I just started using both (tower ghost won't move stuff to the vault but offers better inventory management) and I'm having a hard time justifing keeping my dupes, it's really been a game changer having those apps. I'd give them a shot before sharding anything to see if you like using them.

See I'm wondering if I should use my 365 P&T and a 331 heavy launcher (even though the RL prob wont be needed), or if I should ascend a Longbow/LDR and use 365 TLord. Really don't want to use an etheric, but will if I have to. Just not sure the P&T will get it done. And the great LDR I have from the last DLC vendor doesn't have field scout.

Ascend the LDR. Higher impact snipers are definitely preferred. Putting a light in is a better investment and yeah TLord will get the job done even if you use all your sniper rounds plus a special synth.

I have two Spear's with high caliber rounds but not field scout. I wonder if I'll run out ammo too quickly. One has final round and is a monster on arc nightfalls.

stb

Have you tried Tower Ghost or Loadouts (if on iOS)? I just started using both (tower ghost won't move stuff to the vault but offers better inventory management) and I'm having a hard time justifing keeping my dupes, it's really been a game changer having those apps. I'd give them a shot before sharding anything to see if you like using them.

TG is on iOS now, actually. I've started messing with that, but it's not second nature yet.

The FV/CM question isn't really about if I like using them, as much as it is "are they SO useful it's worth occupying multiple slots?" e.g. Fatebringer

Edit: are these apps working reliably, again? Weren't people saying they stopped working well when HoW dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom