• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
PVP still stresses me out but I had fun running ToO. I may end up doing more of that than PoE at this point. The more I think about PoE the more disappointing it is to me.

Its worth it. If you get a decent team, 6 Etheric light across 3 characters is really nice. I got a ton of legendary weapons upgraded last week.

Wasted an hour on Skolas with 2 titans and 1 hunter.

No luck.

Switched to one of each class, first try.

AND FUCKING JI66A MAN STOLE ANOTHER ELDER CIPHER. 3 IN 24 HOURS.

I ONLY HAVE 2 :(

ich00

TG is on iOS now, actually. I've started messing with that, but it's not second nature yet.

The FV/CM question isn't really about if I like using them, as much as it is "are they SO useful it's worth occupying multiple slots?" e.g. Fatebringer

Edit: are these apps working reliably, again? Weren't people saying they stopped working well when HoW dropped?

I started with Loadouts and it took a few weeks to get used to it, now it's second nature just to select my premade loadout and transfer it over to whatever character.

The only issue I've seen is in TG, if my vault is full, it won't transfer items around. That's the only reason I've keep Loadouts.

Edit: I use both everytime I'm playing, just used them last night.

rNilla

Also this. Except that first part. I stunk it up in ToO and need all the help I can get. :)

We should do Trials this weekend. I'm no sherpa but I enjoy a no-pressure casual stomping
(we're the ones getting stomped though)
. Except I'm always gone on the weekends apparently. :(

Its worth it. If you get a decent team, 6 Etheric light across 3 characters is really nice. I got a ton of legendary weapons upgraded last week.

As long as I get the armor piece each week I'm OK with that. Luckily this seems pretty attainable. Anything else is gravy (like another three Etheric Light).

RetroMG

I've unlocked 3 large PoE chests and gotten 3 Her Mercy Handcannons.

What is this game's obsession with getting me to use a handcannon? All I got from Crota HM was Word of Crota, too.

lt519

We need to do 34/5 PoE so we can ascend weapons but ascended weapons are needed to do 34/5 PoE.

Not at all, we did 34 last week as all 33s and no ascended weapons. I'm surprised so many people are struggling with the 34 boss this week, I guess the mechanic must be really tough. I'll be really disappointed if it's another ghorn spam since I don't have one ):

Edit: to be more clear we mostly ran with exotics like Thorn and Vex Mythoclast that were ascended to 365

If you're on Playstation and have the Fourth Horseman with a team of others who also have it that seems to do work on him.

Everyone charge with 4th horseman.

Only partly kidding since Gothalion did it with a group yesterday.

How do you avoid death by stomp in this strat? lol

Yeah, that is the easy mode, but we have all been trying and failing to do it "legit" by tackling the boss mechanic.

Any videos out there beating him without Ghorn spam?

Ghorn spam still works even without the solar burn?

Wasted an hour on Skolas with 2 titans and 1 hunter.

No luck.

Switched to one of each class, first try.

AND FUCKING JI66A MAN STOLE ANOTHER ELDER CIPHER. 3 IN 24 HOURS.

I ONLY HAVE 2 :(

I don't know much about this cipher apparently. Will this bouty give you the same exotic gun? Why do you guys want more than 1?

rNilla

Not at all, we did 34 last week as all 33s and no ascended weapons. I'm surprised so many people are struggling with the 34 boss this week, I guess the mechanic must be really tough. I'll be really disappointed if it's another ghorn spam since I don't have one ):

Edit: to be more clear we mostly ran with exotics like Thorn and Vex Mythoclast that were ascended to 365

Yeah It's not as bad as I made it sound but it does seem like a relatively fruitless treadmill.

Woohoo! Just managed to get Party Crasher +1.

Managed to roll Shot Package, Smallbore and Army of One. This thing might actually replace my Felwinter's.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Check out the One Plus One. GREAT new phone that is getting lots of hype.
I just got one of these for my dad. :D It is great and I love CM (which it still comes with for now). But, I need something I can Jump! to on T-Mobile.
I've heard great things about the LG G4.

I've had an iphone since the first one released, but if I ever switch to android it's going to be a g4.

Check this guy out for some of the best reviews online: https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee
Seems like an awesome reviewer. Thanks a ton for the link!
They're not talking about Skolas, they're talking about Qodron- there's no burn. But actually, with three 34s, no Gjallarhorns are necessary, just DPS spam of some kind. Frankly, Weapons of Light with Illuminated and ascended Black Hammers might even be better, boss seems pretty crittable to me.

Trying for multiple cycles "legit" is tough just because of the endless Axis Hobgoblins. Keeping things "under control" is an order of magnitude more ridiculous than it was last week with Urrox.

Daemul

Well, my two Titan alts have done their job. With them I have gained all the weapon cores, armour cores and etheric lights I could ever need, and I maxed out all the legendary and exotic weapons I use and I upgraded the full Ursus Tactical Titan set I bought from the Crucible Handler(well worth the 345 Crucible marks I spent) all the way to light 42, making it my main armour set until Comet comes out. I do wish Bungie implemented an extra bonus for wearing a full armour set, but oh well, I'm still happy with it regardless.

Now that this is all done I can just focus on my main Titan. The only reason I created my alts back in September was so that I could use them to gear up my main faster through each future expansion, and now they've achieved their purpose once again. From now on I'm just going to chill and do everything only on my main, leaving my alts to take a break until the fall when Comet launches. I avoid any burnout this way.

PuMa

I just got one of these for my dad. :D It is great and I love CM (which it still comes with for now). But, I need something I can Jump! to on T-Mobile.

What is this "Jump" you speak of? I have one and use it on T-Mobile but didn't do any jumping. :|

How do you avoid death by stomp in this strat? lol

I don't know much about this cipher apparently. Will this bouty give you the same exotic gun? Why do you guys want more than 1?

One of the classes should be a Titan with a blessings bubble. Also a lot of jumping and shooting.

One weapon per cipher. Total of 3 new exotic weapons.

So can you "farm" Skolas for exotic bounties and elemental primaries?

Yes, just wipe after killing him.

Well, if it's any consolation, that's 2 more than I have. :(

Or 3 more than ji66a man. :p

I HAVE 0! and no solar hand cannon!

You'll get one, the trials one is much better.

Majority of the queens and wolves weapons are meh.

LOL

Still doing Gorgon? Have to head out soon . . .

Yup.

Haven't watched the video, just heard about it. They wiped a lot I hear.

This comment was about lvl34 PoE boss Qodros. Works beautifully. Probably not effective for Skolas this week.

They're not talking about Skolas, they're talking about Qodron- there's no burn. But actually, with three 34s, no Gjallarhorns are necessary, just DPS spam of some kind. Frankly, Weapons of Light with Illuminated and ascended Black Hammers might even be better, boss seems pretty crittable to me.

Trying for multiple cycles "legit" is tough just because of the endless Axis Hobgoblins. Keeping things "under control" is an order of magnitude more ridiculous than it was last week with Urrox.

Oh ok. My bad.

Saw someone do it with super good advice on shields and ghorn on adds. After that just slowly take the health of the boss away.

hydruxo

Honestly when we did it legit last night, I probably used more Ghorn rockets on clearing out the hobgoblins than I did on Qodron himself. Trickle modifier is also kind of a pain.

I am sure Bungie will be looking at completion stats closely. I bet Qodros is much lower than Urrox. Hopefully we get some fixes for future instances.

Honestly when we did it legit last night, I probably used more Ghorn rockets on clearing out the hobgoblins than I did on Qodron himself. Trickle modifier is also kind of a pain.

If I try again, I will probably Ghorn the adds and Black Hammer Qodros. Might work better.

The only thing I don't like about this start is continued reliance on the Horn.

Last night I sharded a Payment IV because low impact pulse rifles are big poopies. I ran PoE 32 and guess what my treasure key netted me? A Payment IV.

*downs half a bottle of jack*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What is this "Jump" you speak of? I have one and use it on T-Mobile but didn't do any jumping. :|
Jump! is T-Mobile's fancypants way of allowing phone upgrades before a phone is paid off despite not having contracts. As long as it's at least half paid off, Jump! covers all remaining payments. Basically, I paid $0 down for my Note 3, but I'm not done paying it off. Jump! lets me give it back to them and get a brand new phone also for $0 down, and just start paying for the new one. But, I have to pick one of the ones available through the program, which includes just about every flagship, but not stuff like the OnePlus One or Huawei.

Ikkarus

Fatebringer, Thunderlord and an Arc Sniper all at 365. Who wants to try and topple Skolas on POE35? I have a key itching to use!

noomi

Normal gorgon is open for business.

Are you planning on going hard CP after? I can hop on my vita quickly if you do <3

You'll get one, the trials one is much better.

Majority of the queens and wolves weapons are meh.

Hope so! I really like the way the PoE one looks.

I just dismantled all the Queens weapons I had, couldn't justify using vault space on them.

I've run it 3 times, each class, with 3 different groups this week. One of the groups had a level 33 with pretty much no "big" exotics. Qodron fight difficulty is being hugely inflated in here, in my opinion. It's surprising that people can manage Vault of Glass or Crota and yet find this "impossible" without Ghorn or some sort of DPS spam. Take your time, Qodron doesn't have that much health.

Our strategy was to use the right side of the stage and aggressively retreating to cover against the broken stones when enemies start to overwhelm.

1 person has a fast firing shotgun like Found Verdict, Swordbreaker, etc. Preferably the highest level of the group. They are in charge of spotting and killing the Eye goblin. It is important not to kill him too soon, or else the Jailbreak buff won't last through the detain field part. This person is also in charge of clearing as many adds as possible, but when it get's hectic, the other 2 need to help out and ignore Qodron. Don't be afraid to back down when your health is low and wait for it to fully recharge - the Vex advance very slowly if you crouch and hug a rock. The killed adds will be your best source of ammo, but also don't be afraid to burn a special or heavy synth when needed. If someone dies, ignore Qodron, take cover to the right, and fight the adds until their timer allows for a revive

The other 2 are mainly going to be firing on Qodron when they get the chance. Snipers and Rockets are important here, as well as your best scout rifle. Again, back down when you need to and pay attention to when the detain field comes up and shoot it.

The biggest mistake people make here is trying to take on the Hobgoblins one at a time. This won't work. You need to hit each one after the other to get them to go into their stun shield. Then whittle their health down one by one. The person in charge of taking down the eye should be using everything they have except their fast firing shotgun. Rockets and a solid Hand Cannon would work best here.

When the detain shield comes up after killing the Eye around 10 seconds in advance, the shotgun person will need to shoot each field twice, for a total of 6 shots to release all 3 people. If your shotty is only 4 or 5, do 2 shots on your field, reload 1, 2 more shots on the other field, reload 1, and 2 more shots on the last field. As much as possible, the shotgunner should try to stay between the other 2 players. They mostly ignore Qodron for the entire fight. The other two players will be shooting their fields with their primaries while this is going on to get in a little extra damage.

Communication is key. As well as not being aggressive. This fight is all about knowing when to take cover, and calling out when the enemies are starting to overwhelm. I bet most people will take him down fairly easily after about 6-7 minutes of this. Much better than trying to spam DPS on him up front trying to avoid detain round and wiping over and over again because people don't want to learn the mechanic.

boofa

Neo Member
Has anyone actually gotten an elemental primary drop from Skolas yet? I looked up all the primaries on planet destiny and they all seem very meh to me. I'm not sure the grind is worth it. My time might be better spent playing crucible to get better for ToO since all of those weapons look very nice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh ok. My bad.

Saw someone do it with super good advice on shields and ghorn on adds. After that just slowly take the health of the boss away.
Super Good Advice is a really thoughtful pick. Slender mentioned it last night too. Good call.
Yeah, will one person dedicating rockets to adds it's more doable legit. But when trying that out, I killed the Eye numerous times when I wasn't supposed to :(

I do feel like the fight would feel very different with a different modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom