• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Is the teleporting randomly in PoE confirmed to be an anti-"cheese" measure or is it a bug? I've had it happen numerous times to me in fights where nobody is even trying to hide in one place. It's really weird.
I think it's intended as cheese prevention but most times it just bugs out. I've found that sticking too close to walls will get me teleported (sometimes). Bad part is, you tend to get teleported to the very middle of the fray and can easily get killed in the process.

Is the teleporting randomly in PoE confirmed to be an anti-"cheese" measure or is it a bug? I've had it happen numerous times to me in fights where nobody is even trying to hide in one place. It's really weird.

It's a "Feature" to keep you on your toes.

It's not a feature to keep you on your toes.

Deku Tree

It's pretty clearly "anti-cheese" if you stand still for too long you get teleported close to the enemies.

If you run up the stairs in the tank room of the new strike you get teleported next to the tank and the door closes.

It used to be that if you stayed in a door it wouldn't close... not anymore.

Ken

I dislike the idea of forcing people to learn some stupid mechanics. People will always seek ways to go around them. People did it for Oracles, Templar, Atheon, Crota, and several strike bosses. Let people do whatever they want. None of this Gjallarhorn stuff is on the level of disconnecting during Crota kneels and shit. That was more than a cheese.

Well, if Bungie knew how to make fights they wouldn't let their boss fights be so easily burned down before the first mechanic even occurs.

Skolas' first real mechanic being triggered at 50% is silly.

We started PoE level 35 last night at 9:20pm. After scrubbing on Scolas until 1am I had to quit because you know I have a life and a job and stuff. I would have gone to bed hours earlier if there was a checkpoint. As it was I stayed up for extra hours and lost sleep because I didn't want to let down my team-mates and I didn't want to leave emptyhanded which is what ended up happening anyway.

So Bungie decided to say "I don't care about your life" to people like me in because they didn't want people "skipping"? Why do they care if you "skip" parts of an encounter that you have beaten numerous times already and your replaying it for the million million-th time? Bungie should realize that a big part of the reason that people keep replaying the old raids is precisely because they can transfer checkpoints.

I'm kind of not sure where I stand on checkpoints because PoE 35 is a broken encounter anyways. Rounds 1-4 you can complete with like whatever DPS. For normal people, the requirement for completing round 5 suddenly jumps up 100x the required DPS. It's a pretty dumb difficulty spike.

Bungle pls.

I dislike the idea of forcing people to learn some stupid mechanics. People will always seek ways to go around them. People did it for Oracles, Templar, Atheon, Crota, and several strike bosses. Let people do whatever they want. None of this Gjallarhorn stuff is on the level of disconnecting during Crota kneels and shit. That was more than a cheese.

It's fine to have both. Certain encounters that require certain mechanics to be mastered to complete (like Crota fight), and other encounters to have by-passable mechanics or even none at all besides kill all the things. "By-passing" mechanics by killing a boss like Skolas or Qodron really fast with powerful gear that you've earned and levelled before certain tough things happen, or, say, jumping the Bridge on Crota's End by yourself isn't cheesing, it's just clever use of the existing sandbox. I'm all for that. That's why it's a sandbox in a lot of cases.

Namikaze1

Supposedly it only happens when you're touching the back wall and sitting in a place for too long. Though it has happened to me even when I'm jumping around and shooting things.

PuMa

Supposedly it only happens when you're touching the back wall and sitting in a place for too long. Though it has happened to me even when I'm jumping around and shooting things.

Same here. Got teleported last night when I was definitely not sitting in place.

hydruxo

It seems to happen when you're standing up against a wall for too long from what I've seen.

gjallarhorn doesnt need a nerf. the game just needs better boss battles.

maybe bungie will wise up and drop the "one large bullet sponge with a 1000pc side of adds" formula

It happens often when you stay in a safe zone for long periods of time.

SKOLAS ARC BURN SNIPER STRATEGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMuynvaGuGc

Requirements:

365 high impact Arc snipers. Field scout and final round preferred. If you take Patience & Time as reference, its impact is serviceable, so try to get a sniper with higher impact. LDR, Spear, Supremacy are good ones.

Arc machine gun for crowd control. Thunderlord works best.

Arc primary - 365 Fatebringer is king.

One player of each class preferred, makes things easier.

Titan - Defender with Weapons of Light, Bastion and illuminated.
Hunter - Bladedancer with invisibility perks.
Warlock - Sunsinger with fireborn.

Everyone runs to the servitor on the left.
Titan puts bubble next to the door, the other two players kill Servitor as quickly as possible.
With WoL, everyone snipes and stun locks Skolas. If dps is good, the servitor bonds will break just as the servitor buff is about to expire.
One player (titan) must be dedicated to adds and crowd control. 3 shanks will spawn from the door behind the bubble, kill them asap and then focus on the adds coming from the right side - captain and vandals, followed by sniper vandals. Imperative that they die asap.
Hunter goes to disable mine if it spawned far away. If you're lucky and first mine spawns next to you, stay there and keep on sniping Skolas. He should be nearly dead by now.
Hunter goes to dismantle other mines, warlock and titan keep on shooting till the boss is dead.
The curse (essence) needs to be taken on by the warlock so that he/she can die with it and self-res, getting rid of the curse.

Damnit my neighbor had flowers put in today and the florists nicked my cable line so I won't have Internet for 2 days since my ISP can't come out until Friday. Damnit damnit

gjallarhorn doesnt need a nerf. the game just needs better boss battles.

maybe bungie will wise up and drop the "one large bullet sponge with a 1000pc side of adds" formula

I wish they'd take a cue from Dust Palace.

Multiple Ultras at once all with their own mechanics is way more interesting that 1 Ultra Ultra with piddly shit all over the place.

When I still thought there was a raid, I was really expecting the "final boss" to be 3 Archons, one with a Shrapnel Launcher, another with a Line Rifle, and another with Arc Blades.

Requirements:

365 high impact Arc snipers. Field scout and final round preferred. If you take Patience & Time as reference, its impact is serviceable, so try to get a sniper with higher impact. LDR, Spear, Supremacy are good ones.

Titan puts bubble next to the door, the other two players kill Servitor as quickly as possible.
With WoL, everyone snipes and stun locks Skolas. If dps is good, the servitor bonds will break just as the servitor buff is about to expire.
One player (titan) must be dedicated to adds and crowd control. 3 shanks will spawn from the door behind the bubble, kill them asap and then focus on the adds coming from the right side - captain and vandals, followed by sniper vandals. Imperative that they die asap.
Hunter goes to disable mine if it spawned far away. If you're lucky and first mine spawns next to you, stay there and keep on sniping Skolas. He should be nearly dead by now.
Hunter goes to dismantle other mines, warlock and titan keep on shooting till the boss is dead.
The curse (essence) needs to be taken on by the warlock so that he/she can die with it and self-res, getting rid of the curse.

This, this sounds like a mechanic!

ocean

Banned
seriously guys where can i get weapon parts

Farm for keys with your full weapon slots being available. The amount of green weapons you will get, coupled with the blue engrams from the chests, should give you plenty of weapons to dismantle quickly.

Remember green stuff doesn't go to your Postmaster though so it's best if you have lots of free inventory space before starting.

Another possibility would be farming Gatekeepers with a group to reach glimmer cap and use it buying the cheapest guns available. Don't know how that would work out (time it takes to reach glimmer cap / guns you would get vs guns you'd get in that time while patrolling).

blackjaw

Requirements:

You're the man. Thanks for the writeup, going to try with my RL friends tonight or tomorrow.

lt519

seriously guys where can i get weapon parts

Run some strike playlists too. You get pretty heavily rewarded with engrams at the end and killing enemies during often drop them. They take 10 minutes each and will probably run the same length as the treasure key farming if you are sick of that.

Farm for keys with your full weapon slots being available. The amount of green weapons you will get, coupled with the blue engrams from the chests, should give you plenty of weapons to dismantle quickly.

Remember green stuff doesn't go to your Postmaster though so it's best if you have lots of free inventory space before starting.

Another possibility would be farming Gatekeepers with a group to reach glimmer cap and use it buying the cheapest guns available. Don't know how that would work out (time it takes to reach glimmer cap / guns you would get vs guns you'd get in that time while patrolling).

is venus farming better than dragon strike farming?

Dunlop

Based on what I'm reading my hope of hitting 34 this week is unlikely.

What is the best current grinding method to level gear? Might as well max out my new loot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom