• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Run some strike playlists too. You get pretty heavily rewarded with engrams at the end and killing enemies during often drop them. They take 10 minutes each and will probably run the same length as the treasure key farming if you are sick of that.

I think treasure key farming is on par or faster than strikes for engram. One chest usually gives 1-2 so x3. One strike usually gives me 3.

PuMa

I think treasure key farming is on par or faster than strikes for engram. One chest usually gives 1-2 so x3. One strike usually gives me 3.

I find that you have a much higher chance of getting a purple from dragon strikes though, which would give you more weapon parts. It's the in between waves during treasure key farming that makes it a chore.

is venus farming better than dragon strike farming?

In my limited plays of Vanguard Dragon the past few days, it's been handing out Legendaries like candy, so there's that. On top of the handful of blues and greens it drops throughout the strikes. More fun to run that than key farm, I say, but that's just me.

Based on what I'm reading my hope of hitting 34 this week is unlikely.

What is the best current grinding method to level gear? Might as well max out my new loot
You can either buy an exotic from xur, grind vanguard and buy the legendary armor, if you have the dark below dlc hit level 27 and see if someone is willing to carry you thought crota's end since it's really really easy to carry people.

How? I have a titan xD

We actually did it legit while we were waiting for our heavy ammo synths hahaha.
We bubbled up a lot with Gift of the Void and Blessing on in the left corner of the map. We had one designated Eye watcher with a shotgun. When the Eye is dead, group up and break the bubbles with shotguns. In between waves we shot the boss with just primary and he went down pretty fast.

In my limited plays of Vanguard Dragon the past few days, it's been handing out Legendaries like candy, so there's that. On top of the handful of blues and greens it drops throughout the strikes. More fun to run that than key farm, I say, but that's just me.

thanks everyone. i have plenty of keys right now so it looks like ill be riding that hidden dragon today

WipedOut

So basically I rolled the perfect PVP sniper.

Shortgaze and Ambush
Hidden Hand
Quickdraw and hand-laid stock
Unflinching

Personally I like my roll - Good for PVP and PVE

Capture.png

Shortgaze and Ambush
Rodeo
Flared Magwell and casket mag(PVE)
Unflinching

amplified would be my baby if it had 5 rounds

low grade humility would too if it was legendary hieracon

instead it looks like ill be grinding dragon for ol' baby blue again. nothing else does the job as well

instead it looks like ill be grinding dragon for ol' baby blue again. nothing else does the job as well

Did you lose all your characters? If so have you been able to get another TLW? I know that and the blue sniper were your weapons

hoggert

Used a judgement chance last night, got max (I think?) strength warlock boots. Tempted to buy the chest now. Just because you can never have too much. Stat Cap? Fuck that. Strength is power. You can never have too much power. Bench press a thousand Shanks with four weeks of back to back strength pieces. Then do bicep curls with all the anti shank weapon cores. Wow, Amazinggggg, Mister Variks.

We actually did it legit while we were waiting for our heavy ammo synths hahaha.
We bubbled up a lot with Gift of the Void and Blessing on in the left corner of the map. We had one designated Eye watcher with a shotgun. When the Eye is dead, group up and break the bubbles with shotguns. In between waves we shot the boss with just primary and he went down pretty fast.
Pretty much yeah.

It seems impossible to overcome the adds, especially with all the yellow-bar hobgoblins, but after about 2-3 detains, they actually do stop spawning for a bit. That's when you want to focus fire on the Gate Lord, primary weapons are fine.

If you keep this up, you should have him dead within 5-10 minutes. Think we fired 2 ghorns during the entire fight.

Did you lose all your characters? If so have you been able to get another TLW? I know that and the blue sniper were your weapons

xur's sold TLW twice in the last few months so yea

i have TLW, mythoclast, thorn, icebreaker, universal remote, thunderlord, truth and sharded invective mida and no land beyond.

thats about it.

So does the Queen's Cipher only drop from 34/35 PoE?

In theory. I've ran 3x 34 and 3x 35 last week and 3x 34 this week and nothing. Yes I have empty bounty slots. :(

Also people are saying it only has a chance to drop from the first time you kill the boss per week per character. Not 100% on that though. I need that sidearm :(

We can argue over semantics all we want, but running into a boss fight, popping a bubble, spamming rockets, popping a synth, and spamming more rockets . . . this is cheesing.

It reminds me of the debates I had with people about use of magic in Dark Souls II. There is no way you can compare the experience of killing the Old Iron King up close and personal to hiding behind the corner and spamming Great Resonant Soul. It's just not as fun. Sure, you can get it done quicker. I had to fight the Old Iron King close to 50 times to beat him with a pure melee build. But when I did—man, the feeling!

Seriously, what is the point of cheesing? To get another exotic quicker you already have? To get another Etheric Light you don't need? Are we playing the game for the loot or for the game?

Nothing is more satisfying to me than learning a level over and over though repeated deaths and finally coming out on top. Whether it's with Super Mario 3, Rayman Legends, Tomb of the Lost Giants, or high-level Destiny activities, it is the challenge, and not the rewards that keep me coming back.

To me, more important than having things is being a part of things.

Sullichin

What's wrong with Low Grade? The 4 clip? Best legendary sniper I've had in a while.

LTWood12

I'm back on Earth now Gaf. I went 21-1 in Trials of Osiris with my grandmother and Ullyses S. Grant. Our one loss was to a team of 3 lagging Velociraptors using Atheon's Epilogues and Dragon's Breath. But what're you going to do right?

stb

Because it's obvious that's not what they intended for checkpoints. PoE just went too far in the other direction. I am just trying to strike some middle ground.

If they did add final round checkpoints that worked like raids I wouldn't complain. But I don't see that happening.

Well it's the highest level content in the game. There's plenty of other places you can earn similar or in some cases better gear (VoG) that isn't as difficult. It shouldn't all be easy to get. Some stuff should be really, really difficult. No freebies. Same reason there's no trading in Destiny - you should have to earn it yourself or with your fireteam. I don't even like that all exotics don't have bounties that drop first for you to complete to get the weapon/armour, but I understand why they made some things RNG-based for the most part. Can't be too restrictive, not everyone is MLGpro raiders, haha.

I'd be fine with making it harder to attain if it was worth being harder to attain, but making it harder to attain just because it's labeled "highest level", but actually has fairly crappy rewards doesn't mesh well with me.

Armor/Weapon Cores and etheric light are going to be useless to the people that actually run POE32/34/35 x3 every week inside of a month.

NOT adding CPs for the plebs isn't going to extend the endgame for the hardcore.

im honestly still playing for the loot. setting goals for new weapons or armor makes me want to play more. strikes raids pvp maps arena - most of the content sucks. but controlling the character with awesome feeling weapons and gear makes it fun to play - especially with friends. its why the early story is so boring on alts until you can use better stuff.

i want challening encounters that test skill and teamwork - its why competitive pvp keeps me coming back. but as soon as it starts being glitchy and frustrating, ill order the largest cheese pizza with a side of "get this shit over with so i can get a gjallarhorn"

Arrrammis

is venus farming better than dragon strike farming?
I don't know if its better, but its definitely more consistent. In chest farming you get a chest every 7.5 minutes (when the wolves spawn), more if you have people in two zones (Venus), which usually have at least 2 or 3 blue engram's in them. With dragon strikes, you have pretty much the same rate of random drops as you do in patrol. The drops at the end of the strike are more towards better gear, but if you just want weapon parts, that won't matter. Most strikes take longer than you would have to wait for a chest, with a few exceptions like the nexus.

Tl;Dr Chest is more consistent, but dragon is generally less boring(less waiting around).

lt519

We can argue over semantics all we want, but running into a boss fight, popping a bubble, spamming rockets, popping a synth, and spamming more rockets . . . this is cheesing.

It reminds me of the debates I had with people about use of magic in Dark Souls II. There is no way you can compare the experience of killing the Old Iron King up close and personal to hiding behind the corner and spamming Great Resonant Soul. It's just not as fun. Sure, you can get it done quicker. I had to fight the Old Iron King close to 50 times to beat him with a pure melee build. But when I did—man, the feeling!

Seriously, what is the point of cheesing? To get another exotic quicker you already have? To get another Etheric Light you don't need? Are we playing the game for the loot or for the game?

Nothing is more satisfying to me than learning a level over and over though repeated deaths and finally coming out on top. Whether it's with Super Mario 3, Rayman Legends, Tomb of the Lost Giants, or high-level Destiny activities, it is the challenge, and not the rewards that keep me coming back.

To me, more important than having things is being a part of things.

Well said but my only refute would be cheesing to get past something that you couldn't do through skill so you can access more content. Not everyone is cut out for difficultly spikes. If cheating the Templar meant they could play the vanishing platforms, Gorgon maze, and fight Atheon I think that is OK. By not cheesing they'd miss out on some great content. It's why games like NSMBU now offer free passes on levels, it's so everyone can experience the whole game one way or another.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll run it again Silver. I still have two other classes.

Macello. Your voice is divine. Like that one Opera Singer.

PuMa

I'm back on Earth now Gaf. I went 21-1 in Trials of Osiris with my grandmother and Ullyses S. Grant. Our one loss was to a team of 3 lagging Velociraptors using Atheon's Epilogues and Dragon's Breath. But what're you going to do right?

LOL. Welcome back. Glad you made it unscathed.

Dear Guardians,

Are you tired of carrying scrubby teammates in Trials of Osiris? Constantly dying and leaving you in seemingly hopeless 1v3 showdowns? At last your prayers have been answered: one quick application of Lightning Grenade OPness will blow your Scrub Sax blues away!

yxGde7.gif
*​

*Actual results may vary. Titan Master Class LLC. does not guarantee Pro-Mode-Engagement. No refunds or class exchanges accepted, all character creations are final.

stb

We started PoE level 35 last night at 9:20pm. After scrubbing on Scolas until 1am I had to quit because you know I have a life and a job and stuff. I would have gone to bed hours earlier if there was a checkpoint. As it was I stayed up for extra hours and lost sleep because I didn't want to let down my team-mates and I didn't want to leave emptyhanded which is what ended up happening anyway.

So Bungie decided to say "I don't care about your life" to people like me in because they didn't want people "skipping"? Why do they care if you "skip" parts of an encounter that you have beaten numerous times already and your replaying it for the million million-th time? Bungie should realize that a big part of the reason that people keep replaying the old raids is precisely because they can transfer checkpoints.

You don't DESERVE the reward if you don't have [insert seemingly random number of hours here], Deku! Scrub. It's endgame content, man. [/sarcasm]

I still don't get the annoyance over keys. Like the loot you get from the chest is essentially useless (besides the class items), and if you have at least at a few saved for the exotic bounty step there is absolutely no point for farming them. They exist purely for the crowd the like farming to feel that they are 'rewarded' for the crazy amounts of hours they put into the game.

Edit: However screw this wait period in the Elder Ciphe, need me some sweet burst fire shotgun goodness.

stb

Damnit my neighbor had flowers put in today and the florists nicked my cable line so I won't have Internet for 2 days since my ISP can't come out until Friday. Damnit damnit

So you literally have to stop and smell the flowers? That's borderline poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom