• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulcrum with Icarus and Outlaw? OK.

Solid roll. Have you had the chance to test out Icarus on a Hand Cannon before?

I was able to roll a few of my new ones with Icarus, and I got a Solar Jewel of Osiris with it.

I hear people saying it's a waste, but I think it's a really useful perk for Hand Cannons in this game, personally.

rNilla

Is there a good roll on the queen launcher? Seems like garbage but maybe it's because of my Admonisher III.

I was able to roll a few of my new ones with Icarus, and I got a Solar Jewel of Osiris with it.

I hear people saying it's a waste, but I think it's a really useful perk for Hand Cannons in this game, personally.

I have not but I will now.

Ken

PVE or pvp? I have Icarus in my void jewel but bleh.

Is there a good roll on the queen launcher? Seems like garbage but maybe it's because of my Admonisher III.

I have not but I will now.

I really don't like dreamwaker because of the magazine size.

Namikaze1

That was awesome. Critical moments:

1) Me left alone with no sel-res to dismantle a mine and revive you both.

2) You left alone going to revive breezy.

3) You left alone and reviving me just in time for me to take the debuff away from you.
The one who revived you for #3 was actually Breezy. I died in the hallway.

Shito

The stuff I read here in the previous OT talked about hunters being screwed against that boss. Is that no longer the case? Is a Void Titan in the group mandatory?

Haven't gotten a crew together to try it yet, but impressions from here also turned me off it a bit. That and the game seems dead set against me ever getting any Treasure Keys.
It's not that bad in PoE 32 this week, really.
Done it two times already, once with a warlock, once with a hunter, and there's nothing to be afraid about. Just find a good cover in the upper left corner of the map, and jump while staying in the air as much as possible (triple jump for hunters), and you should be fine. Also try to get a feel for when it is going to come, so as to make sure you start it full life. With the solar burn it's really easy to do damage to the boss, so it's best to play it safe and clear the adds / recover life as much as possible.
I've done it with two titans the first time, and it was really easy thanks to blessing of light, but did my second one with two hunters and a warlock, and we didn't die once.

Ugh. That round 4 of Uroxx's Arena is such bullshit. I don't I done it legit since the cheese was found. Only did it legit twice but that was because it wasn't found yet.
Really not that bad either this week in 32.
Having at least two titans, two hunters, or a combination of both sure helps quite a bit, though. Two or three warlocks will have a bad time on this one...

Kal_El

If anyone is having any trouble with Skolas arc burn here's a video of me doing it. Start video at 4:30 and it last until 6:20ish. Rest of the video is the rewards. Actually time to death is about a minute or so. If you have any questions about loadout or whatever let me know. Sorry if the strategy has been posted before.

https://youtu.be/6APdwBYTJl4

I forgot to add the link ;( Here it is now. No GHORN kill.

Deku Tree

You don't DESERVE the reward if you don't have [insert seemingly random number of hours here], Deku! Scrub. It's endgame content, man. [/sarcasm]

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last week a non-Gaf Destiny buddy sent me a somewhat urgent message right as I was logging off for the day. He wanted to know if I could help him and his son clear the solar Skolas since they'd been stuck on it for a while.

Sure, why not? I hop in and we down him 2nd try, took like 15 minutes. Then the "mission summary" screen popped up and I saw how long he'd been holding the CP: 784 minutes. 13 hours. I was just glad he could finally let it go, but that must have been a real pain to hold it that long. There's got to be a better way, even if it's just for the Skolas fight.

Wow Nice! You help so many people I wonder how they held the CP for that long... I thought Destiny kicks you to the title screen after a certain amount of inactivity... hope they weren't playing for most of that time... yup there really should be a better way... Skolas is a raid level encounter thrown into a horde mode. Raid encounters should have checkpoints.

zewone

Seems like tripod is a must but I already have an arc Admonisher III with tracking and tripod. I guess if I could get those in void it would be OK.
If you're not running Grenades and Horseshoes rockets, you might as well not even pick up the heavy and just snipe instead. You're never going to beat proximity rockets with non-prox rockets.

Vire

Anyone have tips on getting from level 32 to 34? It kinda feels like a catch twenty two.

I need Ethereal Light to get to 34, but Ethereal Light only drops from the Level 34 PoE..

Anyone have tips on getting from level 32 to 34? It kinda feels like a catch twenty two.

I need Ethereal Light to get to 34, but Ethereal Light only drops from the Level 34 PoE..

it drips from trials of osiris packages. think you can get 6 if you hit 8 wins on 3 characters. dont have to be flawless for packages

Vire

it drips from trials of osiris packages. think you can get 6 if you hit 8 wins on 3 characters. dont have to be flawless for packages

Interesting thanks, I didn't know that.

I'm not very good at PVP unfortunately and probably would need some of ya'll to carry me. :p

Shito

You can do like me and go the slow and long way, doing PoE 32 each week and buy the armor of the week at Taniks' to reach 34 in three weeks.
Then I'll do 34 for etheric lights, so I can ascend some weapons / better pieces of armor. :)

Welcome to destiny! Do poe32, get the armor core, use an exotic shard to ascend an exotic. That makes you 33. Run poe34 under leveled (bungie loves that shit), get an e-light. Rinse and repeat on another character, or wait until the reset next week for the last e-light.

Rhaegar

You can always do like me. Run level 32 PoE on every character and get the armor piece Variks is selling with the armor core. Then run Nightfall and pray to RNGesus for etheric light (he/she won't listen). A few weeks of that and an upgraded exotic armor piece and you should be good to go.

Or, you know, find some friends to carry you through 34 PoE as you mentioned.

Vire

You can do like me and go the slow and long way, doing PoE 32 each week and buy the armor of the week at Taniks' to reach 34 in three weeks.
Then I'll do 34 for etheric lights, so I can ascend some weapons / better pieces of armor. :)

Welcome to destiny! Do poe32, get the armor core, use an exotic shard to ascend an exotic. That makes you 33. Run poe34 under leveled (bungie loves that shit), get an e-light. Rinse and repeat on another character, or wait until the reset next week for the last e-light.

Hehe thanks ya'll.

The vendor this week is giving a chest piece for Hunters and my exotic is a chest. So I'm stuck at 32 for now I guess.

Unleeeeessss some generous GAFers want to carry my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom