• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, thaks Nami and Breezy. Smooth run. Got my exotic bountie and the big chest contents that I missed last week for having no keys.

Now I need 3x 32, 3x 34 and 2x 35.

I read on reddit, but was wondering if someone can confirm, if I re-roll my spear it'll have old sniper perks (field scout, final round)? I have 3, and I want to try and get one that's arc and field scout for this weeks PoE 35. I have a solar one that I thought I'd use in trials, but the sights were just garbage.

I was wondering this as well.

shermas

The stuff I read here in the previous OT talked about hunters being screwed against that boss. Is that no longer the case? Is a Void Titan in the group mandatory?

Haven't gotten a crew together to try it yet, but impressions from here also turned me off it a bit. That and the game seems dead set against me ever getting any Treasure Keys.

As a hunter, I had to jump back and forth between the 2 platforms to stay in the air a little longer (as a lock or titan you can float and hang), but it's doable. I found LFG groups for all 3 runs and it wasn't a problem. You need some firepower, though.

GhaleonEB

Is that the one that roasts the entire floor with solar burn? Gotta admit that reading about that particular boss and community workarounds makes me just want to skip on it.

I also wish that the extra armor/health afforded to certain enemies would have some counter besides just pouring on the damage. Just as Halo had certain weapons to wipe shields while others were better for armor and flesh, Destiny could definitely use some of that action.
Yeah, that's the one. The concept is great - the ground is hot lava, woo! But I thought that meant the actual ground, and we had to stay on say, the scaffolding which doesn't allow as much cover. But not, it's the entire ground, at all levels. Sounds like some cheese areas were found? It was infuriating.

My personal opinion is similar to yours. This is my opinion:

It's okay to cheese the Nightfall bosses.
It's okay to cheese Crota's Bridge on normal unless someone in the team has never done it before, because everyone should do it legit at least once.
It's always okay to cheese Crota's Bridge on hard.
It's okay to Cheese a Hive round on PoE with Arc Burn, because that's just a horrible experience. (I just found out about this, thanks fireteam!)
The rest of the time, I will go with the majority of my fireteam/raid group. If they want to cheese, I'm fine. Otherwise, guns up, let's do this.
Yeah, I very much agree with rolling with what the team wants to do, assuming everyone is on board. I strongly prefer to run raids "legit", since I find them to be very fun (the bridge part is my favorite section of either raid), but that's me.

Nightfalls and now some PoE arenas are another matter entirely. The moment there's a burn activated, all bets are off. I actually enjoy the burns a great deal - very high risk, high reward combat. I run the strikes more or less straight, if more cautiously. But it puts the problems with Destiny's boss designs into stark relief and as such I have no problems cheesing the heck of them. Even then, they are often quite difficult.

So this just happened...
ChosRqC.jpg

Yay!!! Only my 2nd shader in 50+ rank up.

FinKL

Is it better to be 33 when doing PoE 32 even though I think I read that you will still do the same amount of damage (100%) as a lvl 32?

Namikaze1

I'm gonna have nightmares after trying to solo PoE 34 this morning. I beat the first boss after 40 minutes and several wipes. I could've beaten round2 if I hadn't gotten cocky.

It's okay to cheese Crota's Bridge on normal unless someone in the team has never done it before, because everyone should do it legit at least once.
It's okay to Cheese a Hive round on PoE with Arc Burn, because that's just a horrible experience. (I just found out about this, thanks fireteam!)
The rest of the time, I will go with the majority of my fireteam/raid group. If they want to cheese, I'm fine. Otherwise, guns up, let's do this.
Ugh. That round 4 of Uroxx's Arena is such bullshit. I don't I done it legit since the cheese was found. Only did it legit twice but that was because it wasn't found yet.

Did I just seriously not get a queens cipher from the chest?

Fuck this game, time to farm another fucking king because fuck you.

Friend made the same mistake this morning. Need to open a chest on level 32, 34, or 35, since those are considered the PoE "Challenges" and the level 28 one is not. I shall learn from his mistake (whenever I get the bounty :/ )

That is, assuming that's where you did try. If not, I feel for you, that sucks...

M3Rocket

Hey now you are just piling up on something that I didn't even say and being mean... :/

Of course you should play it how you want. The "earning" thing is the loot that you get for beating the high level content. The new gun, the trophy, the cheevo, the high score. Whatever you want to call it that is what you are "earning".

I think people are taking their frustrations over not currently being able to complete Very Hard content and venting them at people who are trying to help. I've already written a number of posts explaining some viable strategies and somehow I'm getting called condescending for telling people to practice and get better at the game in order to beat it. What the heck, Guardians. :/

I'm grateful for your strategy posts--thanx. But your demeanor till the recent posts did seem to imply that people that are Godhorn spamming or "cheesing" aren't doing it right as GOD intended. That whole "Git Gud!" childish mentality so prevalent on Reddit that I despise. Sorry about that!

My view about "earning" anything in a video game remains unchanged. I view the new gun, trophy, whatever as a prize. I don't believe I "earn" anything in the game--I play it for the recreation. It's fun. It's mo' fun with friends and GAFfers. That new stuff that is given out is simply bonus. Sometimes you'll get it for doing nothing, sometimes not for doing everything.

I believe no one actually earned their Gjallerhorn, nor is every player just entitled to it. But I am happy when someone who doesn't have it gets it for the first time. They can now experience the "Joy of Gjallarhorny" like the rest of us. Mo' fun for mo' peeps. Mo' help for the rest of us to complete weekly activities quickly!

Nami will eventually git the Cipher Bounty. It's just a matter or time. Just like the famed expedition someone went on once to farm for the Husk... ;-) And then there will come a time when there will be complaints about how those exotics aren't "worth it." It is inevitable. Just have fun along the way, cause really, what else is there to get from a video game that translates to anything in real life?

Namikaze1

Variks, any time you're dropping a gift in the arena, let it be heavy ammo. I love clearing rooms with just Gjallarhorn. One for you, one for you, oh I can't forget about you...

You're supposed to open the Queens chest in any of the arenas. It's the 2nd step of the exotic bounty.
It's all RNG. Someone didn't get it till after opening the big chest 5 times.

no worries. You did. I was a bit worried there like "oh god, how we gonna do this?"

Glad you ended up getting the shader, emblem, and one of thebest looking ships in the game. :)

You should have said something... lol

I just rotate my equipment to upgrade everything. Must have forgotten to switch back to 34 at the beginning.
Actually the first time I did PoE 34 I played the whole thing as a 33 because I forgot to change too. :/

So this just happened...
ChosRqC.jpg

Yay!!! Only my 2nd shader in 50+ rank up.

Been going Dead Orbit for god knows how many Lvs now and no shader... :(

The only faction shader I have is a new monarchy one.

Namikaze1

Nami will eventually git the Cipher Bounty. It's just a matter or time. Just like the famed expedition someone went on once to farm for the Husk... ;-) And then there will come a time when there will be complaints about how those exotics aren't "worth it." It is inevitable. Just have fun along the way, cause really, what else is there to get from a video game that translates to anything in real life?
I heard of this famous expedition. The explorer ended up losing his mind and proclaiming his evolved Husk the most dangerous and powerful weapon known to mankind. I wonder what happen to him. Is he still running around with his trusty Necrochasm?

I will farm PoE 34 and 35 till that freaking thing drops. I will get my Lord of Wolves!

Okay, what are artifacts with regards to PvP and how have I killed people with them more times this month than I have the whole time I've been playing Destiny?

uVmhJWe.png

I've played a lot of PvP this month, but that still seems unrealistic.

I'm grateful for your strategy posts--thanx. But your demeanor till the recent posts did seem to imply that people that are Godhorn spamming or "cheesing" aren't doing it right as GOD intended. That whole "Git Gud!" childish mentality so prevalent on Reddit that I despise. Sorry about that!

My view about "earning" anything in a video game remains unchanged. I view the new gun, trophy, whatever as a prize. I don't believe I "earn" anything in the game--I play it for the recreation. It's fun. It's mo' fun with friends and GAFfers. That new stuff that is given out is simply bonus. Sometimes you'll get it for doing nothing, sometimes not for doing everything.

I believe no one actually earned their Gjallerhorn, nor is every player just entitled to it. But I am happy when someone who doesn't have it gets it for the first time. They can now experience the "Joy of Gjallarhorny" like the rest of us. Mo' fun for mo' peeps. Mo' help for the rest of us to complete weekly activities quickly!

My "git gud" post was intended to be sarcastic, which is why I put the winky face. So sorry for the confusion. I'm not trying to be a poohead, I want people to actually try and not be turned away by tales of woe.

The only reason I even play this game any more is to help people get some cool new toys to play with. The vicarious joy you feel when someone gets their first Gally or Ice Breaker or whatever it is, is real. First thing I ask someone new I'm playing with is if they're hunting for anything in particular :)

It's a great feeling, and I love that this game encourages people to work together to move forward. Destiny is a "place" to just chill and hang out more than anything (and kick some butt along the way, of course)

Siaynoqq

She has a point with Fallen languages tho. Sometimes I wonder of Variks really is translating correctly. Maybe the whole fallen rebellion is a misunderstanding created buy Variks so he can get rid of his inventory. :/

Saw some interesting grimoire interpretation that xur is the one responsible for releasing skolas.

She has a point with Fallen languages tho. Sometimes I wonder of Variks really is translating correctly. Maybe the whole fallen rebellion is a misunderstanding created buy Variks so he can get rid of his inventory. :/

One day Variks will kill the Queen while they're on 'sabbatical' together, and variks will be the true kell of kells. After all he knows all about this 'prophecy' he didn't share with anyone else. He's the real monster

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I'm fairly similar. Ultimately for me it's about fun. Destiny's an odd game because sometimes the addiction to the grind can cloud what's actually fun about the game (for me). At its core it's about feeling empowered but not overpowered in PvE and just enjoying the flow in PvP. If cheesing is fun for you, or the loot chase is fun, I am absolutely cool with that. If im with a group and the majority want to cheese, well that's OK too. But my preference is not to do it - it's just more fun for me that way. I'd much rather fail and fail and fail and then have the satisfaction of a hard-earned victory rather than, well, anything (Dark Souls is still my favourite game ever :) ) but I also think that some cheeses have a pretty ingenious element to them.

I just don't mind the losing, I guess. I quite enjoy the 'git gud' process. I hope that doesn't come across as judgemental, it's just my taste.

blackjaw

We find out in Destiny 2 that its all a mistake due to mistranslation.

"NO, they were talking about re-building with the humans!"

Kal_El

If anyone is having any trouble with Skolas arc burn here's a video of me doing it. Start video at 4:30 and it last until 6:20ish. Rest of the video is the rewards. Actually time to death is about a minute or so. If you have any questions about loadout or whatever let me know. Sorry if the strategy has been posted before.

https://youtu.be/6APdwBYTJl4

M3Rocket

Yeah, that's the one. The concept is great - the ground is hot lava, woo! But I thought that meant the actual ground, and we had to stay on say, the scaffolding which doesn't allow as much cover. But not, it's the entire ground, at all levels. Sounds like some cheese areas were found? It was infuriating.

Actually, not "cheese" areas that I know of. But if you have a Titan bubble with Armor of Light and put it between the two ramps on the far left side, it's really easy. When you jump up in that area near the back wall, there is scaffolding in front of you covering the top half, and the Ogres, wizards, et al. can't really hit you. When you land, you can just melee anything blinded in your bubble. And even if there's a cursed thrall, armor of light will ensure that you survive the explosion. Just keep jumping there till the curse is gone.

Incidentally, that scaffolding runs parallel to those two left side ramps. So jumping anywhere towards the back wall will protect you (mostly) from enemies laser beams and shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom