• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Tried 34 PoE with a level 33, got him to third health trying to burn him with two horns, got him to half health doing it legit. Was too hard with a 33 not being able to really help with the adds or DPS enough. Our other 34 titan was on eye duty while I was DPS alone since our 33 was basically dead the whole time. So not bad getting him half way with only one person DPSing. We got through probably 6-7 detains.

The battle is actually really cool but it's a little difficult maintaining health for the cage, identifying the eye, and DPS all at once. I like it a lot better than the Skolas fight it seems a lot more doable without quick burns. Even though we couldn't do it this time I'm eager to try again with the right personnel whereas I was just salty with Skolas last week.

It took me until level 28 but I finally have the Revevant Dead Orbit shader! Last one I got was Bittersteel at level 18. Revenant was the one shader I had to have so I'm super happy right now!

border

So it sounds like PoE34 is a shitshow, and PoE35 is a shitshow.

But I've already done PoE32 on all my characters. So if I want to do more PoE this week, should I do 34 or 35? Assume that I want to avoid mega-frustration and hours of multiple wipes.

coy

It took me until level 28 but I finally have the Revevant Dead Orbit shader! Last one I got was Bittersteel at level 18. Revenant was the one shader I had to have so I'm super happy right now!
I am only missing Bittersteel from DO. Grats on Revenant! It looks snazzy on almost everything.

darthbob

But I've already done PoE32 on all my characters. So if I want to do more PoE this week, should I do 34 or 35? Assume that I want to avoid mega-frustration and hours of multiple wipes.

PoE 34, (more specifically Qodron) really isn't that bad. Just gotta take your time with him, learn the mechanics. Although having to deal with 3 boss rounds on PoE 34 is pretty tiring.

34 and 35 aren't that bad, really.

~~~
And now to wait for Variks to get my bounty going..

Bappy Hirthday!

<3

appy breezeday birthylimbo

Bank you

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone on PS4 want to group up for some lower level end game stuff? I don't have any DLC yet, I just wanted to do things like the daily/weekly heroics and nightfall strike. I have a lvl 28 warlock.

I'm just getting back into the game after a long break.

EL CUCO

Round 5 of 35 PoE. 50% health on spongetor and I get disconnected from Destiny servers. Now I can't jump back in....

Bungie screwed the pooch on this one.

Future

Nothing like spending the time to kill the wolves on patrol by yourself. Get the ether key. And not be able to find the chest lol. Why does bungie have such a hard on for having you put in time just to not get a reward. At all. I mean opening the chest probably still isn't gonna get what I need (keys) but yeah let's make it hard to find the chest too

Ken

Bought the Fear rocket launcher and rerolled it to:

Hard Launch, Clown Cartridge, Heavy Payload, Grenades and Horshoes

good enough or should I reroll for javelin and tripod too?

Rainmaker

Banned
Already stressing out trying to figure out a way to actually get some of the Trials of Osiris gear this week. It looks so good and I'm just so bad.

border

Nothing like spending the time to kill the wolves on patrol by yourself. Get the ether key. And not be able to find the chest lol. Why does bungie have such a hard on for having you put in time just to not get a reward. At all. I mean opening the chest probably still isn't gonna get what I need (keys) but yeah let's make it hard to find the chest too

Yeah, I honestly don't know what the fuck they were thinking with having a hidden treasure chest that spawns somewhere on the map. Maybe that might make sense if the chest had decent rewards, but 95% of the time it's just an ammo synthesis and some blue items or engrams.

Was it on the moon? I always have trouble finding those ones.

Nice job!

Honestly, I wasn't sure if it would be possible without 3 maxed arc snipers but it worked. We would have been fucked without two titans though.

thunderlord was doing 960 something for crits but landing them consistently was tough especially when he was further away. it's basically useless compared to a sniper. my arc violator was doing a serviceable 4300.

wish i hadn't wasted all my marks on armor the week before HoW came out. i would have been able to pick up the arc LDR.

Got Deadshot Luna SR1 from the Nightfall. Out of the box came w/ focus lens, replenish, explosive rounds, and firefly. Thoughts?

explosive rounds is a must. with that rate of fire you can disorient enemies in PvP and spam at them (i think it's a 6 or 7 shot kill). it'll be hard for them to fight back.

looks like a good roll to me.

Still havent done a 34 let alone a 35 PoE so not one etheric yet but what me and my son most want to see is Murcury.Is there any good teams willing to carry a third this weekend maybe a sign up sheet?

Im barely mediocre at pvp my son is the beast one im hoping one of us can get in on a ToO gaf train this weekend with two other great pvpers.

Wallach

Yup. Never did the ones on the moon. Was doing daily heroic and saw the wolf message and thought why not. Killed everyone then sped around trying to find it and just couldn't :(

Was it in the starting zone (Anchor of Light)? Two of the spawn points there are up on the railway thing that runs overhead, on either side of it. Can be easy to miss.

Already stressing out trying to figure out a way to actually get some of the Trials of Osiris gear this week. It looks so good and I'm just so bad.

Better hit the Crucible. That's been pretty much all I've been playing. The incentive to do anything else is pretty low imo. Much rather do Trials than fight Skolas with his bs modifiers.

M3Rocket

Got Deadshot Luna SR1 from the Nightfall. Out of the box came w/ focus lens, replenish, explosive rounds, and firefly. Thoughts?

Got a drop, re-rolled it quite a bit and came up with:
Full Auto, Explosive Rounds/Hand-Laid, Outlaw.

uc

Used it in PvE, and it shoots like a faster VoC. Full auto can be a hand full if Hand-Laid isn't selected. Downside is the 17 round mag. Overall, it's a good gun, but not a standout scout like VoC/Fang.

Id have to agree that the PoE armor is super fugly. Who designed this shit? It is not appealing in the least bit. I feel like the gloves would be okay if they got rid of that tube wrapping the shoulder pad. Those boots look like some Zubaz. I don't want my hunter wearing Zubaz. No one would.

Dont get me started on whatever that door hinge thing is on the Titan gauntlets shoulder pad.

Rainmaker

Banned
Better hit the Crucible. That's been pretty much all I've been playing. The incentive to do anything else is pretty low imo. Much rather do Trials than fight Skolas with his bs modifiers.

I've been practicing for weeks but when I finally got my makeshift team of friends together for a run last week it was pitiful. haha. Now I don't think they'll be playing anymore and I feel like a burden when I play. I had a very bad experience with Qodron this week. All I want from PoE is the armor just because and the shader. Doubt I'll care enough to get the latter.

Id have to agree that the PoE armor is super fugly. Who designed this shit? It is not appealing in the least bit. I feel like the gloves would be okay if they got rid of that tube wrapping the shoulder pad. Those boots look like some Zubaz. I don't want my hunter wearing Zubaz. No one would.

Dont get me started on whatever that door hinge thing is on the Titan gauntlets shoulder pad.

I like that the only distinct part of the Warlock PoE gauntlets is just that it has three balls on one shoulder. What the hell is that about?

Frenden

Banned
The scout that drops in the crucible has the same fire rate and a 21 shot mag. I rolled 40 motes until I got it with full auto and explosive on HoW release day. I lurv it.

trials should be interesting this weekend. unfortunately for me, i don't have the capacity currently to stream 24/7 for the duration of the event.

what i can do however is sherpa 5-10 first timers a day on stream from friday through sunday. i will dedicate this time only to helping people who have never been to the lighthouse. monday i may be able to pick up players who need quick wins, but the weekend will be exclusively for the new guys. i'll have my own list that i'll pass around and keep track of. anyone who doesn't make it on the list for that weekend will be carried over into the next week.

if i have one of the 13 devils with me, losses should be very rare. in the event that we do lose, i'll need to account for lost time from restarting a passage. the full 9-0 wins averages 35 minutes, so i can't be spending more than an hour on one person if i have 10 people to get to.

Kalamari

I've chosen to embrace the ugliness and have a new goal of making the ugliest guardians ever.

trials should be interesting this weekend. unfortunately for me, i don't have the capacity currently to stream 24/7 for the duration of the event.

what i can do however is sherpa 5-10 first timers a day on stream from friday through sunday. i will dedicate this time only to helping people who have never been to the lighthouse. monday i may be able to pick up players who need quick wins, but the weekend will be exclusively for the new guys. i'll have my own list that i'll pass around and keep track of. anyone who doesn't make it on the list for that weekend will be carried over into the next week.

if i have one of the 13 devils with me, losses should be very rare. in the event that we do lose, i'll need to account for lost time from restarting a passage. the full 9-0 wins averages 35 minutes, so i can't be spending more than an hour on one person if i have 10 people to get to.

This sounds awesome and very generous. I'd love to make it to Mercury this weekend!

Heading to the Crucible now to practice some more . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom