• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjaw

trials should be interesting this weekend. unfortunately for me, i don't have the capacity currently to stream 24/7 for the duration of the event.

what i can do however is sherpa 5-10 first timers a day on stream from friday through sunday. i will dedicate this time only to helping people who have never been to the lighthouse. monday i may be able to pick up players who need quick wins, but the weekend will be exclusively for the new guys. i'll have my own list that i'll pass around and keep track of. anyone who doesn't make it on the list for that weekend will be carried over into the next week.

if i have one of the 13 devils with me, losses should be very rare. in the event that we do lose, i'll need to account for lost time from restarting a passage. the full 9-0 wins averages 35 minutes, so i can't be spending more than an hour on one person if i have 10 people to get to.

Would love another shot.

Went 8-1 with Unstable (not his fault, used my boon too early) and wasn't able to get to Mercury.

Been practicing, so hopefully more of a help than last time.

exYle

trials should be interesting this weekend. unfortunately for me, i don't have the capacity currently to stream 24/7 for the duration of the event.

what i can do however is sherpa 5-10 first timers a day on stream from friday through sunday. i will dedicate this time only to helping people who have never been to the lighthouse. monday i may be able to pick up players who need quick wins, but the weekend will be exclusively for the new guys. i'll have my own list that i'll pass around and keep track of. anyone who doesn't make it on the list for that weekend will be carried over into the next week.

if i have one of the 13 devils with me, losses should be very rare. in the event that we do lose, i'll need to account for lost time from restarting a passage. the full 9-0 wins averages 35 minutes, so i can't be spending more than an hour on one person if i have 10 people to get to.

Ooh, can I get in on this list?

exYle

no list yet. i've saved the names of everyone from last week but there will need to be a new list for the old format mainly so i'm not keeping "old promises", especially for those who aren't available.

Fair enough. I'll try to keep my eye out this weekend

Siaynoqq

no list yet. i've saved the names of everyone from last week but there will need to be a new list for the old format mainly so i'm not keeping "old promises", especially for those who aren't available.

Thanks for doing this again. Really enjoyed your stream last week.

Can I get in on this pls zoba. I can be on anytime after 8pm / 9pm GMT over the trials period

If you have time I'd love to get a run in on either Saturday or Sunday. If not no biggie.

Had a great time on the Crucible train tonight. Thanks guys!

For sure, it was a blast! Great to see a few old familiar faces as well. We went 30-0 in Clash/Control matches, serious train rolling.

Let's not speak of the one Skirmish round derail at the end there, lol. Except to say that I got a Party Crasher (hype!) and a dude on the other team was wrecking hard with the Queens Bow exotic. No idea how it works but it seemed really easy to one shot snipe people with it. Definitely going to snag that gun if I ever get a Treasure Key to drop.

Got Party Crasher +1 from the Crucible. Reforged it with Shot Package and Rifle Barreled. To quote Sars, I can cross that one off my bucket list.

Mindlog

Anybody willing to take a 33 Hunter into PoE 34?
We just cleared it with a 33 and 1 Gjallarhorn.
It was Mark right? Too groggy to remember correctly, but Super Good Advice is fantastic in that final encounter. If that person gets the buff they can tear down detain shields with relative ease. The rest is about putting DPS on the boss. Heavy ammo glitching helps that go by faster, but it's not entirely necessary. It's a tough challenging fight when done without 3 - 34 Gjallarhorns.

Wasn't planning on logging back in to play, but it turned into my second Exotic Cipher. Neat!
The Bow is cooking for whenever that Fallen Judgement whatever his name is finishes doing his thing. Then the shotgun will be mine.

GhaleonEB

Honestly, the PvP is loads better in choice. You have armor that drops with random stats while doing it, you have the full Osiris set to collect, and you have a load of weapons to collect as well. I know you don't do pvp ghaleon, but I could always try carrying you~ I would hate for anyone to miss Mercury. So damn awesome.
I doubt even you could carry me to Mercury, though I know you'd get me a long ways there. I've never been good at PvP, dating back to my Halo days. I was awesome in BTB, but slayer? I was a walking ammo pinata.

And stranger still, Bungie decides to be more generous with Etheric Light in PvP instead? I'm a PvP novice, but leveled armor and weapons make little difference in Crucible! And one certainly will NOT be using the myriad of weapons in PvP like you can in PvE (due to modifyers, perks for the varied enemy types, et al).
I actually don't mind this. PvE has had the lion's share of the awesome loot since Destiny came out, I love that Bungie did something really special for PvP this time around (the great exotics, Osiris, Mercury) even if I don't play it. Between that and the new daily packages for the daily game type, brings Crucible up a few pegs, which it needed.

I doubt even you could carry me to Mercury, though I know you'd get me a long ways there. I've never been good at PvP, dating back to my Halo days. I was awesome in BTB, but slayer? I was a walking ammo pinata.

I could do it. If I had like, Zoba or another great PvPer with me. It could be a combined effort. It's really not so hard(As long as the enemy team isn't just steamrolling you), like I told Xander when we played, as long as you're a good listener, it'd go a long way.

And then we went up against the teams that were just ruining us. I'm certainly no unstable, but it'll give me the opportunity to practice.

how do you get it? i have the bounty already

Go to Varik, get a key, go to a 'challenge' arena(32, 34, 35) and open the chest, turn that in and wait...for up to 3 days.

ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY

ultrazilla

Level 33 and a half Titan with fully maxed ghally and saints helm would like to run PoE 34 arena.

But I'm up for just about anything!

PS4/PSN kaijuseijin

I could do it. If I had like, Zoba or another great PvPer with me. It could be a combined effort. It's really not so hard(As long as the enemy team isn't just steamrolling you), like I told Xander when we played, as long as you're a good listener, it'd go a long way.

And then we went up against the teams that were just ruining us. I'm certainly no unstable, but it'll give me the opportunity to practice.

Go to Varik, get a key, go to a 'challenge' arena(32, 34, 35) and open the chest, turn that in and wait...for up to 3 days.

ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY

planet destiny has a good guide

http://planetdestiny.com/elder-cipher-guide/

can't fucking wait.

w4W8r9b.jpg

:(

McArkus

We just cleared it with a 33 and 1 Gjallarhorn.
It was Mark right? Too groggy to remember correctly, but Super Good Advice is fantastic in that final encounter. If that person gets the buff they can tear down detain shields with relative ease. The rest is about putting DPS on the boss. Heavy ammo glitching helps that go by faster, but it's not entirely necessary. It's a tough challenging fight when done without 3 - 34 Gjallarhorns.

Wasn't planning on logging back in to play, but it turned into my second Exotic Cipher. Neat!
The Bow is cooking for whenever that Fallen Judgement whatever his name is finishes doing his thing. Then the shotgun will be mine.

Yeah, it really works, even through SGA was only 312, the high fire rate and special perk combined with the jailbreak buff destroys easily the detention field

Lunar FC

So when you asend an item it takes that item to the highest stat available in 'year 1'. Does that therfore mean as new better items continue to come out your asended item will get better along with it? Or is it just a one time thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom