• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CGEucoFVAAAefFE.jpg
Game just gave me this baby from a random strike. Those perks. :drools

rngesus gave me an amazing gjallarhornish rocketlauncher for pvp today and i also got a near perfect party crasher roll

only rocket i want though is tomorrows answer. i will delete and relevel if i have to this weekend

Since today was share your sniper rifle day, here's the little guy I just finished leveling. Now I just gotta learn how to use it. Then maybe I can get to Mercury.

peiVkls.jpg

A couple of hours late, but damn it Grim I need this! You know how much I love sniping in ToO. Still using my Spear even though it doesn't seem to rank high in the PvP sniper list. I may or may not have saved my final round once or twice for guys reviving each other ;)

Rerolled my Party Crasher +1 for Smooth Ballistics, Shot Package, Reinforced Barrel, and Kneepads. Only thing I would've changed would be Field Choke for slight boost in impact and range, but the difference is negligible, and I like how Smooth Ballistics sounds with a gun called Party Crasher +1. Should be a goodie.

Obscured

Id have to agree that the PoE armor is super fugly. Who designed this shit? It is not appealing in the least bit. I feel like the gloves would be okay if they got rid of that tube wrapping the shoulder pad. Those boots look like some Zubaz. I don't want my hunter wearing Zubaz. No one would.

Dont get me started on whatever that door hinge thing is on the Titan gauntlets shoulder pad.

It's a bike rack, Titans are nothing if not practice.

Keys are dropping way less than previous.

GutZ31

Yeah but I ran through it once... It ain't too hard
Unless there's a lower level PoE?
You probably did level 28 PoE, as every level over yours is like a 30% debuff to you in damage dealt, and plus 30% taken.

Basically, at 29 going into a 32 PoE, you would do ,at most, if any damage, something like 10% damage.

MrS

Banned
trials should be interesting this weekend. unfortunately for me, i don't have the capacity currently to stream 24/7 for the duration of the event.

what i can do however is sherpa 5-10 first timers a day on stream from friday through sunday. i will dedicate this time only to helping people who have never been to the lighthouse. monday i may be able to pick up players who need quick wins, but the weekend will be exclusively for the new guys. i'll have my own list that i'll pass around and keep track of. anyone who doesn't make it on the list for that weekend will be carried over into the next week.

if i have one of the 13 devils with me, losses should be very rare. in the event that we do lose, i'll need to account for lost time from restarting a passage. the full 9-0 wins averages 35 minutes, so i can't be spending more than an hour on one person if i have 10 people to get to.
I need in on this.

Which map do you guys want to be the ToO map this weekend? The Anomaly would be cool but I hate the other small map on the Moon.

ocean

Banned
I need in on this.

Which map do you guys want to be the ToO map this weekend? The Anomaly would be cool but I hate the other small map on the Moon.
Skywatch.

Lol no. I think they'll go for a HoW map to keep the hype going strong. A good and bad thing about that is most people don't really know the map layouts too well yet. Widow's court would be beautiful, except maybe a tad large?

Wow Crucible has took a turn to shit with MMing since ToO. Seems like they applied the same connection based matchmaking or something. I'm consistently getting thrown into games that are already over by the time I get in and the scoreboard I'm seeing is disgusting, like 20000 to 2500. I thought Bungie implemented a slaughter rule for shit like this? I've seen it like 3 times tonight alone. These newly formed try hard ToO squads are killing these sub-20 guys.

Dear Bungie,

FU for Skolas w/ arc burn.

Signed,

The Destiny Community

Ps. I would really like to try the fight without any bullshit burns. Just 2 friends and the fight mechanics.

Shito

I actually don't mind this. PvE has had the lion's share of the awesome loot since Destiny came out, I love that Bungie did something really special for PvP this time around (the great exotics, Osiris, Mercury) even if I don't play it. Between that and the new daily packages for the daily game type, brings Crucible up a few pegs, which it needed.
I'm happy PVP guys finally get some good loot of their own, but I'm really sad us PVE players get crappy gear and weapons, and have to deal with bullshitty artificial difficulty / RNG to get our etheric lights.
In my opinion, they either need to make etheric light rewards in ToO packages RNG as well, or introduce a way to farm them in PVE (exchange against tokens, for example). I would rather it being the latter.
It would also be nice if they revamped HoW gear a little bit to make it more attractive, because as is, there's really no reason to be chasing after it. I don't understand how they could think these weapons or pieces or armor would be desirable, when they are clearly less good than the ones from VoG / CE. They probably didn't want to invalidate the raids, but by doing so they kinda invalidated PoE...

ultrazilla

So I found out we can't leave on the last round of Level 34 PoE? WTF???????

Anyways, if anyone else can try, try joining jhaas406, Danarcy99

Jinjo

Is 365 P&T good enough to take in to the Skolas fight?

You running Skolas this week? I want in on that. Need to run lv34 first/get an etheric light so I can upgrade my vanilla vanguard arc sniper. Loved that beast.

The low-impact ones seem stun Skolas too so I'm sure P&T will be fine, but efrideet's spear is probably better.

MrS

Banned
You running Skolas this week? I want in on that. Need to run lv34 first/get an etheric light so I can upgrade my vanilla vanguard arc sniper. Loved that beast.

The low-impact ones seem stun Skolas too so I'm sure P&T will be fine, but efrideet's spear is probably better.
Yeah I'm down to do it tonight after work. Got a 365 Queens RL (arc) and 365 Fatebringer (obviously). Not sure whether 4th horseman or P&T is gonna be my go to special for the encounter though.

Where can I get the Spear from? Does a vendor sell it?

We did it with 2 365 LDR's and 1 304 PnT, so I'd say yes. Just make sure you got WoL.
Thanks!

Yeah I'm down to do it tonight after work. Got a 365 Queens RL (arc) and 365 Fatebringer (obviously). Not sure whether 4th horseman or P&T is gonna be my go to special for the encounter though.

Thanks!

Spear is the Iron Banner vendor.

P&T is fine, if you use the perk that lets you hold 6 rounds.

Jinjo

Thanks!

It is the IB sniper. You can maybe get the new vanguard sniper and reroll it to suit your needs? Thunderlord still seems the best arc exotic for that encounter. Especially with WoL. I'll be on tonight after 8pm UK. Not sure I have 5 hours to complete it though lol.

ocean

Banned
It is the IB sniper. You can maybe get the new vanguard sniper and reroll it to suit your needs? Thunderlord still seems the best arc exotic for that encounter. Especially with WoL. I'll be on tonight after 8pm UK. Not sure I have 5 hours to complete it though lol.
If you have a spot I'd like to join! I have a 34 Titan and some serious shader/envy for people who have done 35 :p

Lima

Nah snipers are best. Deal more damage and keep him stunned so he doesn't teleport. Thunderlord is trash. Even with arc burn Gjallarhorn still does more damage. And good lord the Thunderlord becomes so inaccurate after a couple bullets that they go anywhere but to Skolas' head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom