• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
Nah snipers are best. Deal more damage and keep him stunned so he doesn't teleport. Thunderlord is trash. Even with arc burn Gjallarhorn still does more damage. And good lord the Thunderlord becomes so inaccurate after a couple bullets that they go anywhere but to Skolas' head.
I guess Song of Ir Yut is a no go then *gulp*

MrS

Banned
If you have a spot I'd like to join! I have a 34 Titan and some serious shader/envy for people who have done 35 :p
Sounds good! I can go in as Warlock or Titan - which is gonna be better? I read something about some curse that a Warlock can take on, die with it and then res without it.

ocean

Banned
Sounds good! I can go in as Warlock or Titan - which is gonna be better? I read something about some curse that a Warlock can take on, die with it and then res without it.
I have a Hunter and a Titan at 34 and could take either. I think a bubble is more useful than going invisible though, with the amount of stuff which can insta kill you in this encounter. I don't know enough about it to know whether Warlocks rezzing are a must- any vets wanna chime in?

Jinjo

Nah snipers are best. Deal more damage and keep him stunned so he doesn't teleport. Thunderlord is trash. Even with arc burn Gjallarhorn still does more damage. And good lord the Thunderlord becomes so inaccurate after a couple bullets that they go anywhere but to Skolas' head.

Well I didn't say thunderlord was better than snipers. It's just the best arc exotic you can bring. Slap on that stability upgrade or control your burst and you can do some massive DPS with WoL. Snipers are definitely the go-to gun this week for sure.

If you have a spot I'd like to join! I have a 34 Titan and some serious shader/envy for people who have done 35 :p

Cool! So 8pm GMT we start? I'll bring my bubble Titan, so you can bring whatever you prefer. Warlocks indeed can play around with the curse or self-res earlier when someone needs to take the curse if people die.

True but depends on the how close Skolas is to you. If he's low on health and teleports up close, Thunderlord will be better than a sniper for faster dps at that range.

vM0kE1.gif

MrS

Banned
Cool! So 8pm GMT we start? I'll bring my bubble Titan, so you can bring whatever you prefer. Warlocks indeed can play around with the curse or self-res earlier when someone needs to take the curse if people die.
Yep, sounds good to me!

That 34 was bollox.

Took us ages to down the prick :( and fuck those 28 second vids, only one of us had a bwahorn.

I tried to carry a non-ideal group through it but we fell short after 2 1/2hrs. First clears we always Gjallarhorn'd him to death but this group wasn't an option due to level difference and Dragon Breath :p.

I looked up a decent non-Gjallarhorn strategy after we gave up our attempt. I don't get how you're supposed to kill Quodron's Eye without camping both sides of the map. Waldo has nothing on this guy. Trickle modifier was the true boss. No Bubble to defend against Hobgoblins.

Siaynoqq

Anyone really experienced in this week's skolas fight? We are on him now and been trying forever.

Could be a way to quickly earn some great rewards!

Shito

I tried to carry a non-ideal group through it but we fell short after 2 1/2hrs. First clears we always Gjallarhorn'd him to death but this group wasn't an option due to level difference and Dragon Breath :p.

I looked up a decent non-Gjallarhorn strategy after we gave up our attempt. I don't get how you're supposed to kill Quodron's Eye without camping both sides of the map. Waldo has nothing on this guy. Trickle modifier was the true boss. No Bubble to defend against Hobgoblins.
Here's the video of TheHM05 soloing him yesterday: http://www.twitch.tv/thehm05/v/5506770
He was basically running around the border of the map to get to a clear side when there too many goblins around him. He doesn't care too much about killing the eye, and uses a shotgun to get out of jail. He also takes the fight veeeery slow, took him more than 20 minutes to complete it.
Sounds like the trick to this fight is to be patient, alternate between the two sides of the map, and always have 6 rounds in your shotgun. ^^

Fuck the Queen. Get Queen's Package, all excited. "Here is 10 relic iron for your troubles".
Yep.
Bungie should either make the package guaranteed and leave its rewards as is, or leave it RNG but guarantee a key from it.
RNG on top of RNG is bullshit and it motivates no one.

planet destiny has a good guide

http://planetdestiny.com/elder-cipher-guide/

can't fucking wait.

Oh my God that is so much grind and RNG for that bounty.

tumblr_mb2p8pgAeD1rv8q0k.jpg

See, Bungie: why can't I get cool gear like Petra is wearing from doing some missions for the Queen / PoE?
Why did it have to be this Fallen-theme monstrosity instead?

Yeah, I honestly thought this gear would make a come back since they went through the trouble of upgrading the icons.

hardest boss to date IMO the whole killing the eye and destroying the shields even with our damn fine weaponry was utter bollox, we only had enough time to get 1-2 people out.
Not once did we ever achieve 3 people escaping.

Even my scout rifle with penetration rounds did not do shit on the shields, only effected 1 not the 3 as we hoped.

noomi

Must get PoE35's done today, the trials are nearly here.

I've been stocking up on passage coins should have about 27 by tomorrow. Enough for all 3 alts to have all boons.

Ken

hardest boss to date IMO the whole killing the eye and destroying the shields even with our damn fine weaponry was utter bollox, we only had enough time to get 1-2 people out.

Even my scout rifle with penetration rounds did not do shit on the shields, only effected 1 not the 3 as we hoped.

Shotgun.

I was on add control while the other two were keeping an eye out (pun intended). They kept his health low and killed him just before Qodron started searching for his targets. Both of them were rocking 365 Found Verdicts I think. Then we bunched up together and broke the shields in one go. Sometimes we were really lucky and found two Eyes. Shields were not our biggest problems, but those seemingly endless waves of yellow bar hobgobs that hit like a truck. I actually liked the fight and no Horns were used even though we had 3.

nOoblet16

The timer that kicks in when you get detained is too damn low, it's like 3-4 seconds. For 15 minutes we were just fighting these and barely doing any damage to the boss since I needed a machine gun for the detainment because I'd often run out of shotgun ammo...this would mean I couldn't use a sniper, nor could I use a rocket launcher on that boss. The add spawn is too much, we tried to stay in the area slightly to the right of the entrance where you have goblins and hobgoblins spawn (so we'd take them out in no time) and one of the silver goblins would always come walking towards us. Basically once we got that down we had no trouble actually getting the buff and getting the detainment out...but we had nothing to shoot the boss with. Also personal annoyance, even if you bunch up together you get more than one detainment shields at weird angles.

Then we used 3 horn and got him down in 30 seconds, so I said fuck it if the game wants to be cheap with me then I will shamelessly be cheap with it and use Ghorn.

Is there anyone else that's going to help with tomorrow's ToO. So far it's Unstable and I believe Zoba.

I think TearsOfBlood and me will pick up a couple of people in the weekend just like last week. Don't think we can handle a whole list like those two as neither of us feels like they can carry on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom