• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Must get PoE35's done today, the trials are nearly here.

I've been stocking up on passage coins should have about 27 by tomorrow. Enough for all 3 alts to have all boons.

PoE 35 pls

I think TearsOfBlood and me will pick up a couple of people in the weekend. Don't think we can handle a whole list like those two as neither of us feels like they can carry on their own.

Do you have a third for your usual games before you start carrying? Ray isn't playing anymore so I don't really have anyone to play with.

MrS

Banned
I think TearsOfBlood and me will pick up a couple of people in the weekend just like last week. Don't think we can handle a whole list like those two as neither of us feels like they can carry on their own.
Hopefully I'll be able to tag along with you guys at some point.

Do you have a third for your usual games before you start carrying? Ray isn't playing anymore so I don't really have anyone to play with.

Yeah our third is usually Akai, but if he's not there for whatever reason we know where to find you. Hope you can find a decent substitute for Ray.

Hopefully I'll be able to tag along with you guys at some point.

Sure thing, the only thing we ask is that you don't expect a trip to the Lighthouse (even though it happened in 9 of our runs) but have some fun playing in a team. We are no PvP gods but we're happy to run ToO with other people.

X-Frame

Is there anyone else that's going to help with tomorrow's ToO. So far it's Unstable and I believe Zoba.

Is there a general Google Doc list for ToO that shows something like GAF name, console, online name, time zone and preferred playing time?

I know we had something like that when Destiny was released, but this would be specific for ToO. Just a thought!

noomi

Is there anyone else that's going to help with tomorrow's ToO. So far it's Unstable and I believe Zoba.

I assume unstable will be starting a brand new list for this week? Or continuing from last weeks?

Either way, I want to get on someones list lol.

JayHayabusa

I assume unstable will be starting a brand new list for this week? Or continuing from last weeks?

Either way, I want to get on someones list lol.

Last week I missed the ToO train with Unstable and Zoba. Best I could do on my own was 4 wins. This week I'll be watching the thread like a hawk to get on one of those lists. Can wait all weekend if necessary to get to Mercury!!

Zocano

The timer that kicks in when you get detained is too damn low, it's like 3-4 seconds. For 15 minutes we were just fighting these and barely doing any damage to the boss since I needed a machine gun for the detainment because I'd often run out of shotgun ammo...this would mean I couldn't use a sniper, nor could I use a rocket launcher on that boss. The add spawn is too much, we tried to stay in the area slightly to the right of the entrance where you have goblins and hobgoblins spawn (so we'd take them out in no time) and one of the silver goblins would always come walking towards us. Basically once we got that down we had no trouble actually getting the buff and getting the detainment out...but we had nothing to shoot the boss with. Also personal annoyance, even if you bunch up together you get more than one detainment shields at weird angles.

Then we used 3 horn and got him down in 30 seconds, so I said fuck it if the game wants to be cheap with me then I will shamelessly be cheap with it and use Ghorn.

I honestly didn't think PoE 34 was that hard. You need a good amount of coordination but it's definitely doable going "slowly".

At first we had our gjally guy use SGA but I said for him to take over DPS duty and I just broke the detainment bubbles with Ice Breaker. It's 2 shots per shield so I full Ice Breaker is more than enough. We need had an issue with the bubbles, it was more just getting overwhelmed by axis hobgoblins that was the issue. I was pretty much on add control duty + The Eye/jailbreak duty the whole time while teammates just DPS'd boss. Wasn't too terrible once we got the rhythm down.

Having 2 titans helped.

noomi

Last week I missed the ToO train with Unstable and Zoba. Best I could do on my own was 4 wins. This week I'll be watching the thread like a hawk to get on one of those lists. Can wait all weekend if necessary to get to Mercury!!

Good to know that they are planning on helping us newbs out to get to Murcury :)

I need to get on that list too.

We really have some great members in the community here that genuinely enjoy helping others in need.

Though I think once I have the solar hand cannon from ToO I will worry less about going to Mercury :p I want that thing!

Zocano

Round 4 of PoE 34 was way harder for my group, actually. We basically just had to resort to blind bubbling the gate spawn so we could handle the target.

Omni

Don't suppose anyone on Xbox One is doing a 34 or 35 PoE?

I'd be using my Titan. Plus I have an arc sniper if needed for the latter.

Lnkn52

Is there a general Google Doc list for ToO that shows something like GAF name, console, online name, time zone and preferred playing time?

I know we had something like that when Destiny was released, but this would be specific for ToO. Just a thought!
Most of the volunteers are on PS4 unfortunately, sorry Xbox. I'm going to post a sign up later today for those that have not gone to Mercury. That list will be split up with the volunteers.

Deku Tree

28tZ7xv.jpg

Now we gaze into the Reef after taking Skolas dirty little ass in the prison of elderly.

Congrats! Timba didn't have a treasure key?

ocean

Banned
There should be a Bungie weekly poll for ToO maps, maybe with filtered options to chose from (take away repeats and maps they feel wouldn't work well) and no progress display so the result isn't known in advance.

Just quit on skolas after being in that lvl 35 arena for about 4.5 hours. Feels bad mayn.
I feel you; took my group about 4 hours too with all 365 arc snipers. We finally got his ass, and that run was so ridiculously easy; if Skolas deviates in any way it's usually a wipe.

I'd imagine the next ToO will still be a small map. Probs Pantheon, Asylum, Anomaly, and Cauldron would be the top 4 as they are the smallest, though I can see Blind Watch, Twilight Gap, and Rusted Lands working as well.

So what is everyone doing with all their Special Ammo Synth? It is clogging up my Vault and taking too much room on my characters. Problem would go away if Bungie got rid of the 20 stack limit.

Cheers

blazeuk

I think TearsOfBlood and me will pick up a couple of people in the weekend just like last week. Don't think we can handle a whole list like those two as neither of us feels like they can carry on their own.

Leave a space for me on the list, I played with Tears and Akai last week, never did get a Tears and Robinson run at it because I'd done it by the time it was possible.

nOoblet16

Leave a space for me on the list, I played with Tears and Akai last week, never did get a Tears and Robinson run at it because I'd done it by the time it was possible.

If you want then Gaz (I'm not sure if he has a team or was just playing with whoever he could find), you and me can run it as well if they've got a team full with both of them and Akai.

bitsurugi

I've been stocking up on passage coins should have about 27 by tomorrow. Enough for all 3 alts to have all boons.

I am up for PoE 35, need 1 more this week. Will be online in 2-3h cca if you still need a titanbro :D

If you want then Gaz (I'm not sure if he has a team or was just playing with whoever he could find), you and me can run it as well if they've got a team full with both of them and Akai.

I don't think he has a preset team, we were just alternating between Akai and Gaz in the main team to get at least some clanmates to the Lighthouse.
I think it would be nice for him if he could have his own team. Definitely a good guy who doesn't need to be carried.

bitsurugi

Sorry guys, filled up almost immediately after I posted this.

Yeah man! That would be perfect actually! Msg me later :)

Deal, i wil msg you when i get online. Still stuck at wok atm, but it shouldn't be longer then 3h from now. If all goes well, we should clear poe35 in 1h max.

blazeuk

Can do, I ran it with Gaz last week on one of my characters, we were just picking up anyone who needed to do it at the time rather than any sort of dedicated group. I won't get back from work until 6 tomorrow though.

noomi

Deal, i wil msg you when i get online. Still stuck at wok atm, but it shouldn't be longer then 3h from now. If all goes well, we should clear poe35 in 1h max.

Awesome, going to have breakfast with my wife and 3hr should be perfect. Arc sniper and 4th horseman is ready!

Can do, I ran it with Gaz last week on one of my characters, we were just picking up anyone who needed to do it at the time rather than any sort of dedicated group. I won't get back from work until 6 tomorrow though.

You ever considered joining our clan btw?
I know you're in one but most of the time we end up playing together and you're already a GLord.
No worries if you don't want to go through the effort, just an offer ;)

Lima

I'd imagine the next ToO will still be a small map. Probs Pantheon, Asylum, Anomaly, and Cauldron would be the top 4 as they are the smallest, though I can see Blind Watch, Twilight Gap, and Rusted Lands working as well.

Anything but Cauldron. God that map is so garbage and firebolt town it is ridiculous. Also head glitching like crazy in the central room. No thanks.

Namikaze1

If you still need someone in an hour or so (or any time really since I have nothing to do), I can bring the cheeselock or hunter.

nOoblet16

I need PoE35 ! I've never done it :(

We're all based in UK so it should be easy to organise, I'd prefer evenings as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom