• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosseye

Places Etheric Light can drop.

- Nightfalls
- Level 34 and 35 PoE
- Trials Of Osiris
- Iron Banner

Get to level 33, and then run a level 34 Prison of elders :)

Hokay, thanks. But how can I get to 33 without Light? all the Warlock Vanguard armour available to buy seems to be +36 only

Thus far I'm wearing:
Ascended Exotic helm (ascended using an exotic shard) +42
HoW Gauntlets +36
Deathsingers Mantle +36
HoW boots +36

They all seem to require Etheric Light to ascend. Am I reduced to hoping for a +42 armour drop?

Queenbreakers Bow gameplay for those that haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDB8aC6-7Ck

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

It looks like the scopes are changing on the fly whenever he aims? I don't know...but I need this in my life.

Beat lvl 34 Qodron last night without any Ghorns.

Wasn't quick, but felt good when he went down. Went left side and had one guy dedicated to watching for the Eye and in charge of taking him down and then destroying the containment shields with Swordbreaker. Me and the other guy just slowly took the boss down with two Truths. Took about 20 minutes.

noomi

Going to grab some breakfast, because I have an eggs benedict craving right now. I'll be back in about 2 hours to get that 35PoE going. Might try to do it 3 times... but that would take a while...so we'll see.

I think the 1st group is full, but the the 2nd and 3rd run I might need to recruit some help. Anyways, CHEERIO!

Hunters :D

But how can I get to 33 without Light? all the Warlock Vanguard armour available to buy seems to be +36 only

You will need to buy an armor piece from Varicks in the Reef. He sells them for 1 armor core, and since you already did the level 32 PoE you should have one, this will push you to level 33.

Hokay, thanks. But how can I get to 33 without Light? all the Warlock Vanguard armour available to buy seems to be +36 only

Thus far I'm wearing:
HoW Gauntlets +36
Deathsingers Mantle +36
HoW boots +36

They all seem to require Etheric Light to ascend. Am I reduced to hoping for a +42 armour drop?

I don't think you can get +42 light from drops. You can either buy one with an armor core from Variks (PoE), or from getting 5 wins in Trials from Brother Vance. Both will come with 42 light and do not need to be ascended.

PuMa

Thus far I'm wearing:
HoW Gauntlets +36
Deathsingers Mantle +36
HoW boots +36

Ascend one Exotic. Run POE 32 for the armor core, and buy the +42 armor from Variks. Boom, 33.

bosseye

I don't think you can get +42 light from drops. You can either buy one with an armor core from Variks (PoE), or from getting 5 wins in Trials from Brother Vance. Both will come with 42 light and do not need to be ascended.

Ascend one Exotic. Run POE 32 for the armor core, and buy the +42 armor from Variks. Boom, 33.

Ok, thanks you two. I'll have to have a closer look at the boring old gauntlets that Variks is selling, I have an armour core from 32 PoE to use. Presumably they will be +42 then.

Didn't look properly earlier as I have the Exotic Nothing Manacles which look super duper and I didn't really want to wear anything different, but guess I'll have to.

Shito

Ok, thanks. I'll have to have a closer look at the boring old gauntlets that Variks is selling, I have an armour core from 32 PoE to use. Presumably they will be +42 then.

Didn't look properly earlier as I have the Exotic Nothing Manacles which look super and I didn't really want to wear anything different.
Well, you're in luck: gloves were last week, this week he's selling a chest! :)
And yes, his armors are +42.

Lnkn52

Hi everyone!
I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

Akai XIII

Anyone want to do the PoE 35? I got to Skolas three times last week but my team dropped out.

PSN: Akai_XIII

Can play as any class, all 34, all max Ghorn.

EDIT: Used the form above... didn't realise it was first timers. Can you remove me from the list? Thanks.

PuMa

Hi everyone!
I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

Awesome! Thanks for putting this together.

bosseye

Hi everyone!

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

I've signed up. Only briefly tried ToO and was horrible bad at it. If I'm going to get in on a 9-0 then I will likely have to have my fat butt carried the whole way.

ocean

Banned
Hi everyone!

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Thanks for this! So cool of you :) I signed up!

Does ToO begin at reset or later in the day like the previous Iron Banner? That late-reset time works great for me since I'm out of work by then. I can stay up all Friday waiting on my turn if need be, but if ToO begins in the morning reset I might lose my place no? :(

Regardless, this is such an amazingly cool act of solidarity. Props to the carry teams and their commendable backs.

Shito

That list, and the fact that 3 teams, with a total of 5 gaffers, are willing to help the community like this is warming my heart.
I won't sign up, because my week-end plans are still hazy, but also because I want to take time to reach 34 on my characters, keeping a motivation to run PoE 32 for at least the next two weeks. But that's really such a nice thing to do...
Destiny's community is really something else. :)

@Zoba

look at this, a tier 1 sniper through and through with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand and Hand Laid Stock....maximum aim assist ! Eventhough Performance Bonus is a tier 1 perk...I want dat Unflinching :/

i got this yesterday, at first i thought bungie teasing me for bad gameplay

Deku Tree

Hi everyone!

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

I filled it out and I got to Mercury with unstable last weekend.

P44

Most of the regular crucible matches I've see. Have been handcannon dominated with a few other weapons spread between.

Believe there were some reddit calcs a while back that said most of the exotic handcannons were far and away better in ttk than most everything else.

If you hit every bullet, is the key part. Missing a few shots with an auto is different from missing a shot with a HC. The TTK has to be higher on HC to make them worth using.

I just started playing yesterday, and now I'm at the city. How much of this game can I do solo? Will it even be enjoyable if I'm playing by myself? Thanks

Hi everyone!

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Thanks for this. I just missed Unstables train last week.

Deku Tree

Yes sir. We want to get them there atleast once. Already three that have signed that've gone to Mercury, tsk tsk

Again, this is to get an idea of how many yet to go to Mercury. We will be helping others later on. Please be kind.

I am not trying to hide it. I was confused by what you wanted us to do. Happy to be taken off the list if it's only for first timers.

Hi everyone!

Thank you sir. I've signed up. Even if by chance I don't make it to Mercury this weekend I appreciate yours and everyone else's efforts in helping scrubs such as myself make it to the promised land known as Mercury.

Haybro

Yes sir. We want to get them there atleast once. Already three that have signed that've gone to Mercury, tsk tsk

Again, this is to get an idea of how many yet to go to Mercury. We will be helping others later on. Please be kind.

Sounds like the fair way to do it. Thanks for setting all of this up, and to the volunteers for lending their backs! Such a great community here.

Cruxist

Hi everyone!

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Man, I love GAF. This is the first game community I really am involved in and I do not regret it one bit.

Signed up. You guys are the best.

PuMa

Bungie really wants me to use these new Nothing Manacles gauntlets. Got 'em twice from NF's this week. They seem pretty cool. Anyone level 'em up yet?

Beat lvl 34 Qodron last night without any Ghorns.

Wasn't quick, but felt good when he went down. Went left side and had one guy dedicated to watching for the Eye and in charge of taking him down and then destroying the containment shields with Swordbreaker. Me and the other guy just slowly took the boss down with two Truths. Took about 20 minutes.

Yeah once you got into the rhythm of the battle it was pretty easy. We went all the way to the left and had one guy with a super good advice handle some of the adds while also dealing with getting the buff. The other two guys fired heavy / icebreaker / hunger of crota at the boss until he went down.

If you want to get real fancy, check their true skill while looking at grimoire and try to give unstable some of the better guys since he's soloing.

Bungie really wants me to use these new Nothing Manacles gauntlets. Got 'em twice from NF's this week. They seem pretty cool. Anyone level 'em up yet?

Yeah, I got them from the Mercury chest and power levelled them right away. Here's a short 3 minute video of me messing around with them in the Cosmodrome. Some interesting stuff can be done with the builds, but I rarely play Voidwalker so I'm not that experienced with how to set things up most effectively. Have yet to bring them for a spin in Crucible, but probably will today since Clash is the daily and I need 4 more wins for the Grimoire :p

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mr Greencastle/video/2612031

spyder_ur

Hi everyone!

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Thanks to everyone doing this and to you for organizing. Signed up - went 8-0 twice last weekend only to lose the 9th. Unfortunately I'm headed out of town and can only play Sunday night or Monday, at which point I expect our DestinyGaf heroes to be burnt out, but I marked that down.

ich00

Hi everyone!

Thanks for setting the up! And a HUGE thanks to the volunteers who are doing this. Yet again another reason this community is so great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom