• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeuk

You ever considered joining our clan btw?
I know you're in one but most of the time we end up playing together and you're already a GLord.
No worries if you don't want to go through the effort, just an offer ;)

Just joined and cursed you all, expect 0-3's tomorrow.

I haven't done PoE 35 either for the time commitment. I felt like I only had a guaranteed block last weekend and that was for ToO.

No checkpoints doesn't help either.

Really not happy with that. It should at least give a checkpoint for the final boss of 35. Spending hours on it and then having to go due to RL and losing all your progress is Laaaaaaame

noomi

If you still need someone in an hour or so (or any time really since I have nothing to do), I can bring the cheeselock or hunter.

Cool man, thanks. I think we might be filled up now but I'll let you know ;

I haven't done PoE 35 either for the time commitment. I felt like I only had a guaranteed block last weekend and that was for ToO.

Yeah... So much to do so little time. I feel overwhelmed sometimes by everything that I feel needs to get done.

I think next week I will strictly focus on 35PoE and ToO. No more lvl 32 or 34's

If I could get some 8-2's this weekend, and not have to do any more poe... That would be great! There is nothing fun about the final boss with trickle on, and the loot isn't good enough to overcome the lack of fun.

Kyne

Bungie usually prides themselves on statistics when it comes to guns. They HAVE to realize that the thorn usage at last week's ToO was around 80% and Handcannons in general probably around 90-95%.. right?

Whenever they saw the Auto Rifle stats overtake the majority of other guns in crucible is when they nerfed them. I wonder if they'll just nerf Thorn or Handcannons all together.

Bungie usually prides themselves on statistics when it comes to guns. They HAVE to realize that the thorn usage at last week's ToO was around 80% and Handcannons in general probably around 90-95%.. right?

Whenever they saw the Auto Rifle stats overtake the majority of other guns in crucible is when they nerfed them. I wonder if they'll just nerf Thorn or Handcannons all together.

It is only thorn that needs a nerf. The other handcannons are fairly balanced imho. If autos got a slight buff and thorn nerfed I think the primary balance would be about spot on.

Just got my 4th ghorn from nightfall. Another shard I suppose since my other 3 are all maxed

Namikaze1

So I'm going to re-roll Her Benevolence. What perks should I be aiming for? I need an arc sniper since I only have one while I have at least 3 of the other burns. I want a second one.

P44

I don't think the game should necessarily be balanced around ToO. It is the extreme case, and the gameplay is pretty different from even standard crucible. In crucible and pve people use a wider range of weapons, its just thorn provides some extra utility (tagging to follow movements, safer engagement style).

E92 M3

I AM FINALLY FREE from the Prison of Elders guys! My goodness that was a long ban and I actually almost missed 2 OTs. Feels good to be back.

White theme is worst part of being banned.

noomi

I AM FINALLY FREE from the Prison of Elders guys! My goodness that was a long ban and I actually almost missed 2 OTs. Feels good to be back.

White theme is worst part of being banned.

LMAO! I was literally just thinking that I haven't seen you in a while this morning, and then remembered you were banned a while back. That was a long ban...

Welcome back dude!

nOoblet16

In Halo games using the AR is the worst thing you can do but it helps newcomers, I hav eno issues if they kept it similar here.

The problem is that Pulse rifles became equally viable, but you don't see them around...why? Because there're barely any pulse rifles that stand out apart from Red Death. ame for Auto Rifles, Suros is the only gun that is interesting and not a reskinned version of the same gun that you have been using since you started the game with difference coming from RoF. What else would one use? Necrochasm? Hardlight? Compare that to the Hand canon trinity...TLW, Thorn and Hawkmoon all three have unique perks and weapons, the look and sound different too. Every single gun that is used in Crucible right now has something unique about it including Vex and Mida.

Also competitive gaming will ALWAYS come down to everyone running more or less similar load outs, you will never have perfect balance between weapons in any game and there will be one weapon that when used in a certain style will be way more effective than others and that's why every competitive player would use it. A game that has perfect balance is a game that is stale as nothing would be able to stand out.

The timer that kicks in when you get detained is too damn low, it's like 3-4 seconds. For 15 minutes we were just fighting these and barely doing any damage to the boss since I needed a machine gun for the detainment because I'd often run out of shotgun ammo...this would mean I couldn't use a sniper, nor could I use a rocket launcher on that boss. The add spawn is too much, we tried to stay in the area slightly to the right of the entrance where you have goblins and hobgoblins spawn (so we'd take them out in no time) and one of the silver goblins would always come walking towards us. Basically once we got that down we had no trouble actually getting the buff and getting the detainment out...but we had nothing to shoot the boss with. Also personal annoyance, even if you bunch up together you get more than one detainment shields at weird angles.

Then we used 3 horn and got him down in 30 seconds, so I said fuck it if the game wants to be cheap with me then I will shamelessly be cheap with it and use Ghorn.

Aint nothing cheap about the Ghorn, if you have it, use that bad boy.

Fehyd

Banned
I don't think the game should necessarily be balanced around ToO. It is the extreme case, and the gameplay is pretty different from even standard crucible. In crucible and pve people use a wider range of weapons, its just thorn provides some extra utility (tagging to follow movements, safer engagement style).

Most of the regular crucible matches I've see. Have been handcannon dominated with a few other weapons spread between.

Believe there were some reddit calcs a while back that said most of the exotic handcannons were far and away better in ttk than most everything else.

Cruxist

Really hoping I can get far enough in ToO this weekend to get some Etheric Light...

Agreed 100%

I really really want each of my characters repping a different endgame activity. I need 4 etheric light for my warlock so she can wear that beautiful Vault of Glass armor. But of course, that's also the class I'm leas comfortable with, so she's always the last to max out...

bosseye

Where is the best place to get Etheric Light from?

I've yet to see any drop. I've done both Nightfalls since launch, I've done PoE on 28 and 32, nothing, I've endured a couple of particularly unsuccessful runs on ToO (so perhaps no surprise no Light dropped there) but I was expecting to see some by now. Of my usual fireteam only one person has got a single mote of Etheric Light. I wasn't there at the time, so I don't even know what it looks like.

I guess I'm sort of stuck at lvl 32 until I get some? I've ascended an Exotic helm to 42Light and I really want to ascend my Crota chest piece which will presumably allow me to hit lvl 33. I also want to ascend my very old, fresh out of storage VoG helm. I obviously also have a variety of weapons I really want to ascend; Fatebringer, VoC etc.

So where is best to get it?

I'm still hoping to get to Mercury for the first time =

I keep seeing advice from good players (don't stop please) and have thought about making an advice post from and for bad players (nor saying that you're bad, since I think I remember you being pretty good).

Mostly it comes down to communication, but not "oh man, how did he kill me?!" And listening doesn't just mean go to A when someone tells you to, it also means trusting the other guys and going outside of your comfort zone without hesitation. If someone says "push," don't wait around the corner for your the last 25% of your shield to recharge, get your ass in there and don't let his/her hard work be wasted.

It's over. Today I defended the shit out of my thesis. A thousand nova bombs couldn't have destroyed that bubble.

Nicely done! Hopefully me and n0oblet will defend our thesis in a couple of years.

Too bad I have to miss some players like you, who were so happy to go to Mercury that they fell asleep there.
Or players like Ray that you could bully for not having the 4th Horseman and he always replied with a different "Oh no you didn't" pic.
Wish you all the best and hope to see you guys around sometime here or in game!

It is only thorn that needs a nerf. The other handcannons are fairly balanced imho. If autos got a slight buff and thorn nerfed I think the primary balance would be about spot on.

Just got my 4th ghorn from nightfall. Another shard I suppose since my other 3 are all maxed

I hate you. I still haven't even gotten one with over 400 hours of game play.

noomi

I've yet to see any drop. I've done both Nightfalls since launch, I've done PoE on 28 and 32, nothing, I've endured a couple of particularly unsuccessful runs on ToO (so perhaps no surprise no Light dropped there) but I was expecting to see some by now. Of my usual fireteam only one person has got a single mote of Etheric Light. I wasn't there at the time, so I don't even know what it looks like.

I guess I'm sort of stuck at lvl 32 until I get some? I've ascended an Exotic helm to 42Light and I really want to ascend my Crota chest piece which will presumably allow me to hit lvl 33. I also want to ascend my very old, fresh out of storage VoG helm. I obviously also have a variety of weapons I really want to ascend; Fatebringer, VoC etc.

Places Etheric Light can drop.

- Nightfalls
- Level 34 and 35 PoE
- Trials Of Osiris
- Iron Banner

Get to level 33, and then run a level 34 Prison of elders :)

E92 M3

Hooray! Welcome back.

Thanks - on the Thursday update as well!

I had the same... TWICE!

LMAO! I was literally just thinking that I haven't seen you in a while this morning, and then remembered you were banned a while back. That was a long ban...

Welcome back dude!

Yeah, it certainly felt like forever! I missed all of the HoW release hype. Hopefully won't be banned for Comet :p

Welcome back! :)

Thanks; did you ascend the Necrochasm?

It's over. Today I defended the shit out of my thesis. A thousand nova bombs couldn't have destroyed that bubble.

What was your thesis?

bosseye

I hate you. I still haven't even gotten one with over 400 hours of game play.

Yeah, I don't have one either. 264 hours of play so not quite as much but still.

I keep telling this story, even though I just come across as bitter, but out of my usual fireteam, only 1 guy has got Gjallerlol and Hawkmoon. House of Wolves drops, first Nightfall we do, he gets a second horn. Second Nightfall we do earlier this week, he gets a second Hawkmoon.

Much banter.

You get some guaranteed from PoE 34 and 35.

You could also buy some gear to get you to 33. And if you got the armor core from this week and last week then you only need some 42 light boots to reach 34.

Yeah, I don't have one either. 264 hours of play so not quite as much but still.

I keep telling this story, even though I just come across as bitter, but out of my usual fireteam, only 1 guy has got Gjallerlol and Hawkmoon. House of Wolves drops, first Nightfall we do, he gets a second horn. Second Nightfall we do earlier this week, he gets a second Hawkmoon.

Much banter.

I felt annoyed just reading that. :(

nOoblet16

@Zoba

look at this, a tier 1 sniper through and through with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand and Hand Laid Stock....maximum aim assist ! Eventhough Performance Bonus is a tier 1 perk...I want dat Unflinching :/

2cnhFMr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom