• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I don't know about PvE and I think any shotty is really amazing but for PvP follow my thoughts.

Judgment VI > Party Crasher +1 > Matador 64 > Felwinter's Lie > All the others are a step behind.

Perks for best PvP shotty:

Shot Package
Range Finder
Hammer Forged

Can't get all of those perks in a post-HoW shotgun though.

Niccolo

Count so far: 45 that have not gone to Mercury. At some point of the day the list will be closed and we might have to do this list again for next week for 1st timers.

Once the list is closed, I will share this with the volunteers. Those that signed up on Friday will probably play with Unstable, those on the weekends will play with Unstable, Zoba, Robinson, etc. They will be sending invites to those on the list based on time of sign-up. If you are not available, they will move onto the next person on the list. Once that player has reached Mercury, they will be removed from the list and moved on to the next person.

Sounds good. Thanks

nOoblet16

I don't know about PvE and I think any shotty is really amazing but for PvP follow my thoughts.

Judgment VI > Party Crasher +1 > Matador 64 > Felwinter's Lie > All the others are a step behind.

Perks for best PvP shotty:

Shot Package
Range Finder
Hammer Forged
I'd switch Matador with Judgement VI but yea that's about the list I'd come up with.

willow ve

Is there a way to earn Queens Wrath or Judgment (Prison of Elders) rep any faster?

All bounties are done.
Grinding lvl 28 PoE is fine, but slow slow slow (and lol at all the coins and motes from the little chests).

Xur should sell purple engrams - more interested in those instead of exotics now anyway.

Hmm is Judgment VI really better than Matador? I've got one that I just rolled with Shot Package, the extended range tradeoff perk, and battle runner. Should that be my main PvP shotty?

What about versus an ascended Found Verdict for Trials.

ethomaz

Banned
Can't get all of those perks in a post-HoW shotgun though.
You can get two of them... the third perk can be your choice :)

Hmm is Judgment VI really better than Matador? I've got one that I just rolled with Shot Package, the extended range tradeoff perk, and battle runner. Should that be my main PvP shotty?

What about versus an ascended Found Verdict for Trials.
For PvP yes... Party Crasher +1 is better than Matador too.

But hey it all depends of the perks you can reroll them... with Judgment VI you will have the best impact/range alternative with the right perks.

You can play solo up until the very end game (level 30 ish), but its much more fun if you have a friend or two to mess around with. The game will still be enjoyable solo, just don't expect an extremely well written story to keep you engaged.

There's people in this thread from pretty much every console, just post your PSN/GT and you'll have a fireteam in no time ;)

Thanks, I was thinking I'd be shut out of GAF groups because I'm level 2

tick221

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

Thanks to any and all that are doing this

Meneses

Quick question for the GAF Train:

Does each person keep playing until they actually reach Mercury by going 9-0 (which can take several attempts), or is it until they fill out their Card with 9 wins (like, 9-2 for example)?

Lima

I'd switch Matador with Judgement VI but yea that's about the list I'd come up with.

Yeah the N64 is the best shotgun.

All these good shotguns being available to everyone really changed the shotgun game man. You either need to know the exact range of your shotgun and shoot a split second faster or stay out of range and use TLW to kill them.

As far as PoE armor goes it is indeed pretty shity and they are a lot of useless perks on them. I would however go for a chest piece that has the armor and recovery bonus when fighting Fallen. Since everything in PoE 35 is ultra easy mode until you get to Skolas and fight Fallen it is a good idea. The additional armor it gives is kind of insane. My buddy had it equipped while fighting Skolas yesterday and even with arc burn he was able to take 3 Wire rifle shots while normally one shot makes you either very weak or in the case it was a headshot kills you in one hit. So yeah.

bitsurugi

In this whole ''this is better then that in pvp'', i'd like to also here WHY and in what situations.

Since imo it depends on the situation, most of these shotties are top tier and the difference is negligent (or it isn't? - discuss!). I love Felwinters, but sometimes i find i would have got a kill more if i had a faster RoF shottie - hence in that occasion Judgement would be better, whilst in other situations you need that impact.

For me... i don't see that whole big difference in felwinter/matador/party crasher category. Am i missing something?

Lately i swapped Felwinter for Judgement and i love that faster RoF.

stb

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

[great stuff about helping people get to Mercury]

Super impressed with all this. Good going, guys.

I'm not going to be around this weekend, but will eagerly check on Sunday evening to see if there are any slots open for second-timers...

jtrov

I know majority on here play on PS4, but is there any way we could get a group like this for XBO? I'm good at PVP, but not 9-0 good. If not anyone who wants to group up for some trials over the weekend, XBL is same as GAF, WizzNARD.
I would be down for this as well. I'm pretty good at PVP, but it's a strugglte to find two other players. LFG for ToO did not fair well for me last week lol :(

My GT is the same as my GAF name.

Just signed up for the DGAF Mercury trip for first timers. Just want to get there once. After that I can try to carry my mates to 5 wins for the armour

Lima

In this whole ''this is better then that in pvp'', i'd like to also here WHY and in what situations.

Since imo it depends on the situation, most of these shotties are top tier and the difference is negligent (or it isn't? - discuss!). I love Felwinters, but sometimes i find i would have got a kill more if i had a faster RoF shottie - hence in that occasion Judgement would be better, whilst in other situations you need that impact.

For me... i don't see that whole big difference in felwinter/matador/party crasher category. Am i missing something?

Matador is the best of both worlds. Higher Rof compared to Felwinters, only one less round in then mag and higher impact than Judgment. Ergo best shotgun for PvP. No other way to put it.

ethomaz

Banned

Well when you are talking about shotgun for PvP you don't need faster RoF because one hit at the right range will kill your adversary.

You need the best you can get for Range + Impact (choosing always more Range over Impact).... there is no other better explanation and for that stats using the best perks you will have:

Judgement IV > Party Crasher +1 > Matador 64 > Felwinters > Others

With best Range + Impact shotgun plus the Shot Package you will get one hit kill from mid-range... talks about something unfair lol.

Quick question for the GAF Train:

Does each person keep playing until they actually reach Mercury by going 9-0 (which can take several attempts), or is it until they fill out their Card with 9 wins (like, 9-2 for example)?

You buy the buffs ideally (at least the one that forgives a loss), and unstable can take you there. He was consistently taking 2 at a time. He finished with an ungodly number of wins to just a handful of losses, and I doubt that very often those losses came on the same persons ticket twice.

Homeboyd

Maybe listing them like this makes more sense:

Arc Options:
1. Judgment VI: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder
2. Judgment VI: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy
3. Secret Handshake: Hammer Forged/Shot Package/Grenadier
4. Found Verdict: The usual perks

Solar Options:
5. Judgment VI: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package
6. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package
7. Hide and Seek: Full Auto/Field Scout/Luck in the Chamber
8. Two to the Morgue: Return to Sender/Hammer Forged/Spray and Play

Void Options:
9. Judgment VI: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
10. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder
11. Swordbreaker: The usual perks

Best Void Option: (#)
Best Arc Option: (#)
Best Solar Option: (#)

I'm thinking....

Arc
Between:
1. Judgment VI: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder, and

Solar
No idea. Like them all but will probably shard the 2 to the morgue first

Void
Between:
10. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder, and

HELP

PuMa

Does anyone still have their The Devil You Know? That hand cannon was a beast and I am thinking of ascending it for the sake of posterity.

A couple of the new hand cannons are at least similar to TDYK.

RmMjavT.png

3d8KyuJ.png

oAQRM2b.png

ii7wnoU.png

Namikaze1

Say what. I didn't notice that. Also I'm not sure I like that the pants are mostly yellow with the black and gold shader I have. My current TDB pants are black with gold boots.
You never checked the perks? First thing I do for these armors. :p

Exactly. That's why the Titan boots are a must-have.
combine that with the Titan gloves that have increase heavy ammo reload speed perk. so_good.gif

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

I will try and see if I can get some substitute players for Team A, in case something comes up. I kind of have deadline for a thesis which is the last thing I need to graduate from my masters program, so I won't be online the whole day. I have some non-GAF friends that could sub for me that are pretty decent PvP players.

deadduck

You need the best you can get for Range + Impact.... there is no other better explanation and for that stats using the best perks you will have:

Judgement IV > Party Crasher +1 > Matador 64 > Felwinters > Others.

Doesn't a FWL with shot package and hammer forged Max the range and impact? So why are the others better?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks a bunch. I feel like I'm most successful with Thorn/Sniper, so I think passive may be best for me.
In fact, you may be best off playing more passively with two more aggressive teammates- covering them from unexpected angles as they push together.
The reason why me and Tears are doing this together is because we know each other's playstyle very well and we actually mix up these two playstyles you mentioned.
While he is an aggressive player, I tend to hang back a bit and provide sniper/suppressor assistance. He knows when to rush in, when I snipe the first guy. Usually if this happens we follow up with a pincer attack where we flank from both sides. It feels kind of basic but it worked out really well for us.
Exactly like that :>

There's no question that they're all very close. Felwinter's might one shot a bladedancer where Party Crasher might not. But Party Crasher would be better in a crowded room due to higher rate of fire. I definitely agree that the difference between these four has become negligible.

It's all about getting Shot Package and a range perk imo.

ethomaz

Banned
Doesn't a FWL with shot package and hammer forged Max the range and impact? So why are the others better?
Because the others or have better range with shot package and hammer forged or have better RoF.

BTW Judgement have Luck in the chamber permanent perk.

Lnkn52

I will try and see if I can get some substitute players for Team A, in case something comes up. I kind of have deadline for a thesis which is the last thing I need to graduate from my masters program, so I won't be online the whole day. I have some non-GAF friends that could sub for me that are pretty decent PvP players.

No worries. Thank you for helping. The volunteers will share a master list and cross out those that made it. So if you're available to help or not, no problemo.

Maybe listing them like this makes more sense:

Arc Options:
1. Judgment VI: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder
2. Judgment VI: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy
3. Secret Handshake: Hammer Forged/Shot Package/Grenadier

Solar Options:
5. Judgment VI: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package
6. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package
7. Hide and Seek: Full Auto/Field Scout/Luck in the Chamber
8. Two to the Morgue: Return to Sender/Hammer Forged/Spray and Play

Void Options:
9. Judgment VI: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
10. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder

Best Void Option: (#)
Best Arc Option: (#)
Best Solar Option: (#)

I'm thinking....

Arc
Between:
1. Judgment VI: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder, and

Solar
No idea. Like them all but will probably shard the 2 to the morgue first

Void
Between:
10. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder, and

HELP

Found Verdict and Swordbreaker are absolutely beasts in PvE, I would ascend those first, personally. High rate of fire and fast reload on both. Love them.

For Solar it's a tough call. I would personally keep Two to the Morgue since that's what I almost always use in PvP because of it's silly range and highish rate of fire compared to Felwinter. I'd keep that one, honestly, but I'm not sure how good it is for PvE, rarely use it, and mine is Void so I almost always roll Swordbreaker for that.

Meneses

You buy the buffs ideally (at least the one that forgives a loss), and unstable can take you there. He was consistently taking 2 at a time. He finished with an ungodly number of wins to just a handful of losses, and I doubt that very often those losses came on the same persons ticket twice.

Cool, thanks.

Welp. Took me 45 minutes but I finally soloed Xyur The Unwed and got my Thorn!

damn good job couldn't even imagine soloing this with all those majors

I need in on this.

Which map do you guys want to be the ToO map this weekend? The Anomaly would be cool but I hate the other small map on the Moon.

well it was already on burning shrine so it can't be on a worse map unless it's one of the new ones.

at this point I really don't even care anymore since i'm used to playing on them.

Sullichin

A couple of the new hand cannons are at least similar to TDYK.

Yeah, keeping Her Mercy because it's the same archetype as the good old Devil You Know. It's ugly but TDYK was too.

I think it's kinda lame that all the original weapons are still for the most part the best.

Lima

What's an ideal perfect PvP roll for Matador?

Well that depends on your play style. Aggressive Ballistics, shot package, reinforced barrel are a must.

Then it is whatever you want to be honest. Final round, knee pads, battle runner or luck in the chamber. If you want to abuse luck in the chamber get the middle perk that increases range but reduces your magazine size.

soqquatto

uh... I think I'll pop my lurking cherry in this thread. how good one must be to enter this? I still haven't managed to playToO at all and I'm still trying to get from 33 to 34. one can dream, tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah a discussion for outside this thread.

--

Does anyone still have their The Devil You Know? That hand cannon was a beast and I am thinking of ascending it for the sake of posterity.
Oh I've kept mine. And it will be in the top 10 weapons I ascend. I'm very fond of it.

Jewel of Osiris does feel a lot like it, I'm really enjoying it. Mine is in Void. In a perfect world I'll either be able to scrap it for a Solar one one day, or get a a Solar fallen HC from Skolas and just keep this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom