• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

Finally maxed out the new Titan ACD0 exotic gauntlets.

Does about 20% damaged to the lvl30 thrall in crota when melee'd.

Not managed to test PvP as people just shotgun me, but it did kill someone who was weak and tried to stab me in the back.

I like that it has a lot of open space without being over exposed. I can strafe and jump around and hop on stuff and not feel restricted. The sightlines are solid for the most part and there are some good grenade angles as well. The brick walls provide enough segmentation so the spawns are fairly safe, but they also help the meta in that you can jump on them. It's also generally easy to callout on.

The best thing about this map is probably how diverse people play on it. Even though it's a more open map, it doesn't necessarily favor long-ranged gameplay. Last Word on this map still owns.

It ain't perfect but it's the closest Destiny has gotten to one if you ask me. Trials of Osiris on this map would be bliss, but it's probably going to be on one of the new maps this weekend.

Can't wait to fight in that hallway again on Black Shield.

Homeboyd

Thanks for the input. So I guess I'm going with:

Arc Options:
1. Judgment VI: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder (SAVE)
2. Judgment VI: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy
3. Secret Handshake: Hammer Forged/Shot Package/Grenadier (SAVE)
4. Found Verdict: The usual perks (ASCEND)

Solar Options:
5. Judgment VI: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package (SAVE)
6. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package (ASCEND)
7. Hide and Seek: Full Auto/Field Scout/Luck in the Chamber
8. Two to the Morgue: Return to Sender/Hammer Forged/Spray and Play

Void Options:
9. Judgment VI: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
10. Secret Handshake: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder (SAVE)
11. Swordbreaker: The usual perks (ASCEND)

Kinda sad to see what HM Crota has become after the patch. We did it in 15 minutes =/

I'm really curious if Bungie are working on a Very Hard mode for VoG and Crota's End. It would be nice if they could layer some new mechanics on there in the future to make them tough again at 34.

nOoblet16

This
@Zoba

look at this, a tier 1 sniper through and through with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand and Hand Laid Stock....maximum aim assist ! Eventhough Performance Bonus is a tier 1 perk...I want dat Unflinching :/

2cnhFMr.jpg

Lima

Is Matador better than Felwinter's now? I don't really use shotguns and never got a felwinter. Every time I stepped in the crucible I was getting destroyed by Felwinter's, but that's seemed to die down a bit since the expansion.

Yeah. There are a few crazy people like Shesmynerd who still run with it but yeah most people ditched it for either Matador or Judgment.

I did not only put mine away in the vault, no I straight up dismantled that piece of shit. that RoF can burn in hell.

ethomaz

Banned

Arc Options:

Solar Options:

Void Options:
I don't know if you are on PS4 but the 4th Horseman RoF makes the best arc shotgun killer in PvE ;)

Dariuspopinz

Neo Member
Count so far: 45 that have not gone to Mercury. At some point of the day the list will be closed and we might have to do this list again for next week for 1st timers.

Once the list is closed, I will share this with the volunteers. Those that signed up on Friday will probably play with Unstable, those on the weekends will play with Unstable, Zoba, Robinson, etc. They will be sending invites to those on the list based on time of sign-up. If you are not available, they will move onto the next person on the list. Once that player has reached Mercury, they will be removed from the list and moved on to the next person.

Thank you so much!

PuMa

If it's any of the new ones other than Widow's Court, i may be less inclined to play.

Bungie loves competitive gaming on non-competitive maps. Sword Base anyone?

Widow's Court is definitely my favorite of the new batch. Timekeeper is just the worst.

Trakan

I'm not sure if it's hammer forged or what, but when playing against the Matador or Party Crasher, they don't feel like they kill me from nearly as far as Felwinter's.

Deku Tree

Arc Options:

Solar Options:

Void Options:

Good choices! Those were my picks!

nOoblet16

yea that looks like a soild roll. i haven't noticed performance bonus helping at all so i'd prefer unflinching.

if you want to reroll it for perfect stats, you'll have to spend several dozen more motes.
It dropped for me with those rolls.
I will re-roll it...one dayy when I have enough weapon parts. :/ I have like 20 right now and I have over 700 hours on this account.

I'm really curious if Bungie are working on a Very Hard mode for VoG and Crota's End. It would be nice if they could layer some new mechanics on there in the future to make them tough again at 34.

They'd have to make it worth it loot wise. Triple drops on the exotic chest (Deathsinger), and final boss for both would make it worth it, IMO.

I don't know if there is any fixing the Crota raid though. The way it's designed, there's really no way to add challenge to it without being cheesy and creating an insane amount of ads, and trash.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like Rusted Lands, Shores of Time, Cauldron, Pantheon, Asylum for the most part, Blind Watch on Rumble, and honestly, I still quite like Burning Shrine in anything 3v3 (with the caveat that they REALLY need to turn down the sun glare visuals). I think I like Widow's Court and Black Shield from the small amount I've played on them, though I still feel like an idiot trying to call stuff out when I have no idea what the layout is or what section of the map I'm in. "Guy on the ... thing, up top! Behind the door that's about to open! One sniping from... over there!"

I think the only maps I really can't stand are Twilight Gap and Firebase Delphi (especially on Control).
edit: Probably Timekeeper and Thieves' Den are going to join them.
Man, that FWC hand cannon is looking good!
It badly needs a Field Scout perk, though: I don't remember if it can roll on hand cannons?
Extended Mag- in the middle row on the three-perk tier.

Hi everyone!
I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

Wow thanks for doing this! I signed up for it as I never fr a chance to go to Mercury. Closest was 6 wins last weekend. I am also looking to get better in PVP, I consider myself to be decent, so that I can also help do this for other gaffers. If I am lucky to join one of the groups and if it's ok, I will be asking questions and tips on how to get better at the PVP in this game.

100x better than TDB maps IMO.

if i had to rank them

widow's court > cauldron > timekeeper > pantheon > black shield > skyshock > thieves' den

but I generally agree with Lima. Even though I have enjoyed the first two mostly and the two that follow have their moments, i've overall been disappointed with the DLC maps.

E92 M3

Tough, but not annoying. Fair and balanced like Fox news please.

If it's any of the new ones other than Widow's Court, i may be less inclined to play.

Bungie loves competitive gaming on non-competitive maps. Sword Base anyone?

Wish it could just be Mercury all the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if i had to rank them

widow's court > cauldron > timekeeper > pantheon > black shield > skyshock > thieves' den

but I generally agree with Lima. Even though I have enjoyed the first 2 mostly and the 2 that follow have their moments, i've overall been disappointed with the DLC maps.
I don't get timekeeper yet, at all. guess I don't really know how I feel about it. I completely fucking forgot about Skyshock, now there is a map I don't like.
Wish it could just be Mercury all the time.
He doesn't like burning shrine.

Is clown cartridge even worth having on a rocket launcher? I'm trying to roll tripod and grenades and horseshoes, but I might have to spend all my motes for that at this rate.

PuMa

if i had to rank them

but I generally agree with Lima. Even though I have enjoyed the first two mostly and the two that follow have their moments, i've overall been disappointed with the DLC maps.

I was very confused my first go-round in Thieves' Den, but I actually like it now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is clown cartridge even worth having on a rocket launcher? I'm trying to roll tripod and grenades and horseshoes, but I might have to spend all my motes for that at this rate.
Make sure to reload after every shot, seems like a pretty sweet perk especially in PvP to me.
I was very confused my first go-round in Thieves' Den, but I actually like it now.
i will be surprised if I come around on Thieves' Den but I do like the aesthetic. It's just so many corners and corridors. There doesn't seem to be a big open set piece like Pantheon's waterfall/B area, unless I just haven't come across it.

I don't get timekeeper yet, at all. guess I don't really know how I feel about it. I completely fucking forgot about Skyshock, now there is a map I don't like.

timekeeper is really just a ring. if you stay on the outer ring, there are some decent sighltines and things to jump around. as soon as you run into the middle, it's just a cluster fuck of explosive crates and awkward sightlines.

pantheon is probably a better map overall but timekeeper is more up my alley for 3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom