• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Found Verdict and Swordbreaker are absolutely beasts in PvE, I would ascend those first, personally. High rate of fire and fast reload on both. Love them.

For Solar it's a tough call. I would personally keep Two to the Morgue since that's what I almost always use in PvP because of it's silly range and highish rate of fire compared to Felwinter. I'd keep that one, honestly, but I'm not sure how good it is for PvE, rarely use it, and mine is Void so I almost always roll Swordbreaker for that.
The only drawbacks for FV and Swordbreaker (which is why I'm hesitant to dump etherics) is no field scout. Though special ammo drops pretty regularly...

ocean

Banned
I so so badly want a Solar Jewel of Osiris. Let's hope our strong backed volunteers and RNG both smile upon me tomorrow :p

E92 M3

Yeah, keeping Her Mercy because it's the same archetype as the good old Devil You Know. It's ugly but TDYK was too.

I think it's kinda lame that all the original weapons are still for the most part the best.

Tell me about it. VOG weapons are still the undisputed kings of the field. Wonder where all of the weapon designers went - everything is just so mediocre or balanced.

Oh I've kept mine. And it will be in the top 10 weapons I ascend. I'm very fond of it.

Jewel of Osiris does feel a lot like it, I'm really enjoying it. Mine is in Void. In a perfect world I'll either be able to scrap it for a Solar one one day, or get a a Solar fallen HC from Skolas and just keep this one.

I need the Jewel - it's a beautiful gun. Looks the consensus is clear and TDY will be getting ascended soon.

Jinjo

Ah a discussion for outside this thread.

--

Does anyone still have their The Devil You Know? That hand cannon was a beast and I am thinking of ascending it for the sake of posterity.

I still have it and it will be the first kinetic I will ascend. Together with my Epitaph sniper I will be rocking the old vanilla Vanguard loadout. Shame I did away with my vanilla Titan armor. :(

I don't know about PvE and I think any shotty is really amazing but for PvP follow my thoughts.

Judgment VI > Party Crasher +1 > Matador 64 > Felwinter's Lie > All the others are a step behind.

Perks for best PvP shotty:

Shot Package
Range Finder
Hammer Forged

PS. For PvE you need to focus in rate of fire instead range.

I have Party Crasher and Judgment. Also just saw Matador drop.

Matador/Party Crasher > Judgment

I love my Judgment VI. It was Shot Package & Kneepads. But Matador/Party Crasher are the two new Felwinter's. They both have higher impact than Judgment.

4 Best PVP Shotties hands-down: Felwinter's/Matador/Party Crasher/Judgment. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Just rolled my Party Crasher with Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/Kneepads. Ready for The Anomaly.

You never checked the perks? First thing I do for these armors. :p

combine that with the Titan gloves that have increase heavy ammo reload speed perk. so_good.gif

Where are you seeing the perks for this week's ToO boots? Also how sure are you the random perk for Hunters will be Special Ammo?

deadduck

Because the others or have better range with shot package and hammer forged or have better RoF.

BTW Judgement have Luck in the chamber permanent perk.

Hammer forged on a FWL maxes the range for shotguns. Only the range finder perk can extend it.

Better rate of fire maybe, but dont see how they can have more range than a FWL with HF

i think the only map i like in this game is Rusted Lands. My favorites have shifted around but they've all ended up massively disappointing me since I've began playing them competitively.

Widow's Court is the best looking map but the meta is going to be really stupid once people learn how to play on it.

Shito

A couple of the new hand cannons are at least similar to TDYK.

RmMjavT.png

3d8KyuJ.png

oAQRM2b.png

ii7wnoU.png
Man, that FWC hand cannon is looking good!
It badly needs a Field Scout perk, though: I don't remember if it can roll on hand cannons?

Lima

i think the only map i like in this game is Rusted Lands. My favorites have shifted around but they've all ended up massively disappointing me since I've began playing them competitively.

Truth. Rusted lands is best lands. It is my absolute favorite map in the game. Especially for sweaties.

The only drawbacks for FV and Swordbreaker (which is why I'm hesitant to dump etherics) is no field scout. Though special ammo drops pretty regularly...

If you are able to get an Armour Core from PoE this week, Variks is selling a 42 light chest piece that allows you to carry more special ammo :)

I've found wearing that more than makes up for no Field Scout. Then again, I've never had much issue with running out of it on my shotguns in PvE. Swordbreaker I'm most attached to, it's gotten me through Crota's End more than a fair share of times :p That rate of fire makes the lack of full auto practically a non issue. But lately I've fallen back in love with Found Verdict with all that Arc Burn, so I ascended that one first. VoG gear is still some of the best in the game across the board.

Deku Tree

Well that depends on your play style. Aggressive Ballistics, shot package, reinforced barrel are a must.

Then it is whatever you want to be honest. Final round, knee pads, battle runner or luck in the chamber. If you want to abuse luck in the chamber get the middle perk that increases range but reduces your magazine size.

Thanks. I'm gonna try to reroll my M64 soon.

Congrats! Beast mode engaged

Really that's amazing. Great work

Wasn't that bad actually. For the most part I stayed in the Shrieker room and only went out after I cleared the ads.

Thorn is a beast though. Even not leveled up at all. I don't know why I put off this bounty for so long.

Lnkn52

uh... I think I'll pop my lurking cherry in this thread. how good one must be to enter this? I still haven't managed to playToO at all and I'm still trying to get from 33 to 34. one can dream, tho.

You don't have to be great but it helps to be able to get kills/assits/revives. We are not looking to help people who are looking for a free ride and just stand there.

I still have it and it will be the first kinetic I will ascend. Together with my Epitaph sniper I will be rocking the old vanilla Vanguard loadout. Shame I did away with my vanilla Titan armor. :(

Vanguard Epitaph was such a beast. Perfect roll. Can't believe I finally dismantled mine recently.

nOoblet16

In this whole ''this is better then that in pvp'', i'd like to also here WHY and in what situations.

Since imo it depends on the situation, most of these shotties are top tier and the difference is negligent (or it isn't? - discuss!). I love Felwinters, but sometimes i find i would have got a kill more if i had a faster RoF shottie - hence in that occasion Judgement would be better, whilst in other situations you need that impact.

For me... i don't see that whole big difference in felwinter/matador/party crasher category. Am i missing something?

Lately i swapped Felwinter for Judgement and i love that faster RoF.

You were there when we were discussing shotguns yesterday. Grey mentioned that the reason why Matador is the best is because of how well Shotpackage works with it and how it works better than every other shotgun because of various reasons...even cosmetic ones like how the sights are better for it.

They all use Matador 64 so your point is?

Is Matador better than Felwinter's now? I don't really use shotguns and never got a felwinter. Every time I stepped in the crucible I was getting destroyed by Felwinter's, but that's seemed to die down a bit since the expansion.

Namikaze1

Fuck! Spent motes and glimmer rerolling Her Benevolence to get a great Arc version. Now I'm stuck cause I ended up getting a Solar one with Outlaw, Unflinching, Skip Rounds, Armor Piercing Rounds, and Casket Mag. What do I do?

Deku Tree

Fuck! Spent motes and glimmer rerolling Her Benevolence to get a great Arc version. Now I'm stuck cause I ended up getting a Solar one with Outlaw, Unflinching, Skip Rounds, Armor Piercing Rounds, and Casket Mag. What do I do?

Jeep it and wait for another one to drop.

LTWood12

No worries. Thank you for helping. The volunteers will share a master list and cross out those that made it. So if you're available to help or not, no problemo.

Hey man, could you put a note on T-44 that he can do it 2:30-5:30 EDT (11:30-2:30 PDT) on Saturday? He's toward the top for Saturday, but w/ the baby etc. he can't get on until the afternoon. If not I totally get it, there's a lot of folks to keep up w/. He was just hoping not to get skipped over if he's not on in the morning.

Truth. Rusted lands is best lands. It is my absolute favorite map in the game. Especially for sweaties.

I like that it has a lot of open space without being over exposed. I can strafe and jump around and hop on stuff and not feel restricted. The sightlines are solid for the most part and there are some good grenade angles as well. The brick walls provide enough segmentation so the spawns are fairly safe, but they also help the meta in that you can jump on them. It's also generally easy to callout on.

The best thing about this map is probably how diverse people play on it. Even though it's a more open map, it doesn't necessarily favor long-ranged gameplay. Last Word on this map still owns.

It ain't perfect but it's the closest Destiny has gotten to one if you ask me. Trials of Osiris on this map would be bliss, but it's probably going to be on one of the new maps this weekend.

dB Viper

Part of me wants to roll judgement's change x2 instead of buying the strength armor this week. I did it once already and got the hand cannon, no elemental, and shank burn. What a waste. All 3 characters are 34 already so I guess I could do it.

Got my hunter to 20 last night for her new Nighthawk but damn I forgot how long the road to 33 is. My Titan made it look easy but I forgot the months of leveling up vendors and mark collection. Definitely need to bring her on some raids to help speed up things.

She's just a smidge under 27 right now.

Homeboyd

If you are able to get an Armour Core from PoE this week, Variks is selling a 42 light chest piece that allows you to carry more special ammo :)

I've found wearing that more than makes up for no Field Scout. Then again, I've never had much issue with running out of it on my shotguns in PvE. Swordbreaker I'm most attached to, it's gotten me through Crota's End more than a fair share of times :p That rate of fire makes the lack of full auto practically a non issue. But lately I've fallen back in love with Found Verdict with all that Arc Burn, so I ascended that one first. VoG gear is still some of the best in the game across the board.
I already ascended the VoG chest that has bonus special ammo so I should be good there.

Thanks for the tips

nOoblet16

Doesn't a FWL with shot package and hammer forged Max the range and impact? So why are the others better?

They are better because Felwinter has the worst firerate. Judgement for example has slightly lower impact but it has 2-2.5 the fire rate at the same range. They are all one hit kills at ridiculous range with shot package and hammerforged, but the differences come from other things like RF, reload and sights.

Matador 64 is the best due to edging out others on some of these things.

I like that it has a lot of open space without being over exposed. I can strafe and jump around and hop on stuff and not feel restricted. The sightlines are solid for the most part and there are some good grenade angles as well. The brick walls provide enough segmentation so the spawns are fairly safe, but they also help the meta in that you can jump on them. It's also generally easy to callout on.

The best thing about this map is probably how diverse people play on it. Even though it's a more open map, it doesn't necessarily favor long-ranged gameplay. Last Word on this map still owns.

It ain't perfect but it's the closest Destiny has gotten to one if you ask me. Trials of Osiris on this map would be bliss, but it's probably going to be on one of the new maps this weekend.

Did you see the sniper I rolled?

Count so far: 45 that have not gone to Mercury. At some point of the day the list will be closed and we might have to do this list again for next week for 1st timers.

Once the list is closed, I will share this with the volunteers. Those that signed up on Friday will probably play with Unstable, those on the weekends will play with Unstable, Zoba, Robinson, etc. They will be sending invites to those on the list based on time of sign-up. If you are not available, they will move onto the next person on the list. Once that player has reached Mercury, they will be removed from the list and moved on to the next person.
this community is truly awesome!!!
thanks to all the volunteers
aka PvP pro's
for giving of your time like this.
another question - if i'm not available when my number is called, will i be skipped, but returned to after i'm skipped, or have i lost my opportunity?

ethomaz

Banned
Is Matador better than Felwinter's now? I don't really use shotguns and never got a felwinter. Every time I stepped in the crucible I was getting destroyed by Felwinter's, but that's seemed to die down a bit since the expansion.
Yeap... the three new shotguns are better than Felwinter's in my opinion.

Lnkn52

this community is truly awesome!!!
thanks to all the volunteers
aka PvP pro's
for giving of your time like this.
another question - if i'm not available when my number is called, will i be skipped, but returned to after i'm skipped, or have i lost my opportunity?

Yes, if they are able to do another rotation. And there's always next week.

WipedOut

Man, that FWC hand cannon is looking good!
It badly needs a Field Scout perk, though: I don't remember if it can roll on hand cannons?

It can, not sure I'll ever try it out though.

Capture.png

Zen Moment
Speed Reload / Extended Mag / Braced Frame
Spray and Play

Namikaze1

Zoba, help me! Keep or reroll? I have more than enough motes. Don't have the glimmer to do 50 rerolls though.

Part of me wants to roll judgement's change x2 instead of buying the strength armor this week. I did it once already and got the hand cannon, no elemental, and shank burn. What a waste. All 3 characters are 34 already so I guess I could do it.

I rolled one and got the AR that was for sale last week. I did one last week and got the fusion rifle that was sold this week. I do not feel very good about this.

Arrrammis

I am really hoping for a solar hand cannon from ToO, I feel like RNG owes me, after getting to the lighthouse twice last time and getting the Summoner (auto rifle) both times. One arc, one void.

Eh, I only like that map during the night time. Firebase Delphi and Mercury are my true favorites, though. Lots of chaos.

Kinda sad to see what HM Crota has become after the patch. We did it in 15 minutes =/

Holy crap. Well I'm still looking if anyone wants to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom