• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
trials should be interesting this weekend. unfortunately for me, i don't have the capacity currently to stream 24/7 for the duration of the event.

what i can do however is sherpa 5-10 first timers a day on stream from friday through sunday. i will dedicate this time only to helping people who have never been to the lighthouse. monday i may be able to pick up players who need quick wins, but the weekend will be exclusively for the new guys. i'll have my own list that i'll pass around and keep track of. anyone who doesn't make it on the list for that weekend will be carried over into the next week.

if i have one of the 13 devils with me, losses should be very rare. in the event that we do lose, i'll need to account for lost time from restarting a passage. the full 9-0 wins averages 35 minutes, so i can't be spending more than an hour on one person if i have 10 people to get to.

me please? :)
i missed out on ToO last week due to family events, and i'd otherwise not be able to make it to mercury
, just ask around ;___;

Kyne

So I usually partner up with my girlfriend (who isn't a gaffer) for stuff... any way to simultaneously get us both on a list for ToO? We can hold our own pretty well. Probably just need 1 good player.

I gotta go through my weapons and figure out what to delete later... No room. Keeping three FB, three horn (five really), three Fang, three BH, and three IB I guess.
I have barely used the fang since HoW launched. BH not as much as I used to either. I will be only keeping one of each of those when I get full. I'm keeping 3 FBs and Horns for sure though.

spyder_ur

Has Bungie said anything about the next Iron Banner? It will be running the same time as ToO, right? That will be interesting.

I hope people still play IB and it doesn't get overshadowed by ToO. Some of my most fun moments were getting 6 people together from here and steamrolling some folks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Where is the best place to get Etheric Light from?

I've yet to see any drop. I've done both Nightfalls since launch, I've done PoE on 28 and 32, nothing, I've endured a couple of particularly unsuccessful runs on ToO (so perhaps no surprise no Light dropped there) but I was expecting to see some by now. Of my usual fireteam only one person has got a single mote of Etheric Light. I wasn't there at the time, so I don't even know what it looks like.

I guess I'm sort of stuck at lvl 32 until I get some? I've ascended an Exotic helm to 42Light and I really want to ascend my Crota chest piece which will presumably allow me to hit lvl 33. I also want to ascend my very old, fresh out of storage VoG helm. I obviously also have a variety of weapons I really want to ascend; Fatebringer, VoC etc.

So where is best to get it?

Hokay, thanks. But how can I get to 33 without Light? all the Warlock Vanguard armour available to buy seems to be +36 only

Thus far I'm wearing:
Ascended Exotic helm (ascended using an exotic shard) +42
HoW Gauntlets +36
Deathsingers Mantle +36
HoW boots +36
They all seem to require Etheric Light to ascend. Am I reduced to hoping for a +42 armour drop?
Okay, so:
  • You have an Armor Core from PoE 32. Buying the current piece at Variks will get you to 33.
  • You can simply continue buying armor from the cores you get from PoE 32 each week to get to 34
  • PoE 34 is doable as a 33, especially if you have 34s with you, and gives you a guaranteed Etheric Light (as does 35)
  • Prioritize getting to 34 and ascending some most-used weapons, then later on when you can have surplus Etheric Light you can ascend things that you simply like the look of or are better suited to your build.
There are no +42 Armor drops. You do have the chance to get some other armor and Etheric Light if you go on a win streak in the Trials of Osiris on the weekend as well.
Awesome job putting this together Lnkn! You've been a huge help to me personally and the DGAF community as a whole. =)
Hey no problem. Thanks you and the other volunteers and Hawkian.

BTW, will you be helping two at a time or will you have someone assisting? And our the dates accurate (Friday - Sunday)?
Thanks so much to you two and our others starting up trains, you've all really stepped up to help your GAF comrades.

nOoblet16

For a PvP Rocket Launcher, is proximity explosion better than tracking, or does it depend on the velocity? What other attributes are important? Are there any good PvP launcher sold by vendors?

Tracking is a good perk but proximity is much much better in PvP because with just tracking the rocket will fly past if the other player jumps at the right time. For proximity to work best you would want a high blast radius (90-100%) with as high of a velocity as you can get (so Javelin is important too), if you have to sacrifice the velocity for blast radius then so be it...as long as you don't let the velocity drop below 70-75%. The other important perk is to Tripod, or Clown Cartridge or Spray and Play (and in neither of these then anything that increases the reload speed in any way) will do as well.

I can't exactly remember what the vendors are selling but one of the rocket launchers between the vanguard, crucible and new monarchy is a good one.

Truth is a beast because it has every single perk that makes a good PvP rocket launcher and that's why it's in a league of it's own because with other launchers you have to sacrifice atleast one or two things but Truth has it all...a tracking that is better than every rocket launcher, a high blast radius, high velocity, proximity detonation and a tube that can hold three rockets.

Unstable

BTW, will you be helping two at a time or will you have someone assisting? And our the dates accurate (Friday - Sunday)?
Yes and yes. I do reserve the right to bring in another pro-mode player, just incase my back isn't strong enough.

flkraven

I need some ToO tips. I know it isn't the same, but I played some crucible to practice a little bit. It was just control, but I was really just fiddling with my load-outs. After about 6-7 rounds, I was averaging between a 1.5 and 2.0 K/D. I still haven't won a single round of ToO. Nevermind 9-0, I just want 1 win! I need advice!

Nori Chan

For a PvP Rocket Launcher, is proximity explosion better than tracking, or does it depend on the velocity? What other attributes are important? Are there any good PvP launcher sold by vendors?

Three tubes and grenades/horseshoes

If you don't want to waste motes, buy the dead orbit rocket launcher

noomi

Sure, do you have a third?

Yes, Messiek will be joining us.

Just need to stop at the store and I'll be back.

My wife is currently driving us, and keeps asking me wtf I'm doing on the phone.

"Uhhhh, I'm just checking some emails honey, work stuff"

spyder_ur

Tracking is a good perk but proximity is much much better in PvP because with just tracking the rocket will fly past if the other player jumps at the right time. You would want a high blast radius (90-100%) with as high of a velocity as you can get (so Javelin), if you have to sacrifice the velocity for blast radius then so be it...as long as you don't let the velocity drop below 70-75%. The other important perk is to Clown Cartridge if not then Spray and Play will do as well.

I can't exactly remember what the vendors are selling but one of the rocket launchers between the vanguard, crucible and new monarchy is a good one.

I enjoy The Fear from FWC - I rolled it with Spray and Play, Javelin, and Grenades & Horseshoes.

Also, The Dreammaker seems like it could have some potential.

Lnkn52

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

LTWood12

Yes and yes. I do reserve the right to bring in another pro-mode player, just incase my back isn't strong enough.

Thanks for putting this together guys! I signed up my dear friend T-44 who is a long-time friend to many here on D-Gaf. He just had a baby, so he was unable to participate in ToO last weekend. I'd love it if he could get to Mercury. Saturday afternoon would be best for him, but I know the list will be long!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I need some ToO tips. I know it isn't the same, but I played some crucible to practice a little bit. It was just control, but I was really just fiddling with my load-outs. After about 6-7 rounds, I was averaging between a 1.5 and 2.0 K/D. I still haven't won a single round of ToO. Nevermind 9-0, I just want 1 win! I need advice!

Check out this post; Control is great for learning the maps but has little in common with Trials in terms of the actual flow of a match.

Decide whether your playstyle and weapon choices lend themselves to an aggressive or passive playstyle and discuss this over with your team. Even though I generally advocate and teach an aggressive style, you can be very successful with a disciplined passive team too. Make slight or even dramatic changes to strategy after each round. Do not use the same route or approach to a round more than once if it is unsuccessful. Running off on your own is riskier and less rewarding here than in any other mode- it gives the other team a focal point to guard because they know you'll want the res.

Communicating so that you and your teammates have just slightly more information than you would if you were playing alone makes an enormous difference.

I gotta go through my weapons and figure out what to delete later... No room. Keeping three FB, three horn (five really), three Fang, three BH, and three IB I guess.

I ran out of weapons parts trying to re-roll a spear for arc/field scout. Made cleaning up my vault really easy.

flkraven

Check out this post; Control is great for learning the maps but has little in common with Trials in terms of the actual flow of a match.

Decide whether your playstyle and weapon choices lend themselves to an aggressive or passive playstyle and discuss this over with your team. Even though I generally advocate and teach an aggressive style, you can be very successful with a disciplined passive team too. Make slight or even dramatic changes to strategy after each round. Do not use the same route or approach to a round more than once if it is unsuccessful. Running off on your own is riskier and less rewarding here than in any other mode- it gives the other team a focal point to guard because they know you'll want the res.

Communicating so that you and your teammates have just slightly more information than you would if you were playing alone makes an enormous difference.

Thanks a bunch. I feel like I'm most successful with Thorn/Sniper, so I think passive may be best for me.

I'll volunteer, but no guarantees of a 9-0. Like I said, I'm good, but not that good. Took a break for a while before all the balancing (nerfs?) so I'm still getting my bearings in PVP again.

No worries man, 9-0s are never guaranteed.
Point is to have fun while playing in a stress free environment.

raindoc

Congratulations, Hope you had bastion on :p

Out of curiosity, how do you "defend" a thesis?

I had Bastion on for years man!
Re: the "defending" part: over here you have to hold a lecture to present your thesis. Explain what and why you did it. This lecture is called "Defensio".

What was your thesis?

I develeoped a method to look for differences in the degradation of a certain drug under the influence of a procedure that aims at reducing the need for blood transfusions during surgery. mostly chemical analysis work, with a touch of anesthesiology.

And now I want to shoot some aliens in the butt.

Homeboyd

Shotgun-GAF, need some help picking the best PvE shotties to etheric of each element. Here's what I know I have (though I haven't looked though everything):

Judgment VI
1. Arc: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder
2. Solar: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package
3. Void: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
4. Arc: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy

Secret Handshake
5. Arc: Hammer Forged/Shot Package/Grenadier
6. Void: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder
7. Solar: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package

8. Hide and Seek
Solar: Full Auto/Field Scout/Luck in the Chamber

9. Two to the Morgue
Solar: Return to Sender/Hammer Forged/Spray and Play

10. Found Verdict
The usual perks (Arc)

11. Swordbreaker
The usual perks (Void)

Also have some of the new shotties from HoW (her courtesy, hard luck charm, etc) but I'm leaving those out of the discussion for now since perks can be re-rolled.

Best Void Option: (#)
Best Arc Option: (#)
Best Solar Option: (#)

Deku Tree

Shotgun-GAF, need some help picking the best PvE shotties to etheric of each element. Here's what I have (though I haven't looked though everything):

Judgment VI
Arc: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder
Solar: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package
Void: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
Arc: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy

Secret Handshake
Arc: Hammer Forged/Shot Package/Grenadier
Void: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder
Solar: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package

Hide and Seek

Two to the Morgue

Found Verdict
The usual perks

Swordbreaker
The usual perks

Also have some of the new shotties from HoW (her courtesy, hard luck charm, etc) but I'm leaving those out of the discussion for now since perks can be re-rolled.

Best Void Option:
Best Arc Option:
Best Solar Option:
you have too many shot guns.

Take a look at Party Crasher + 1 and Matador 64 although both only randomly drops from crucible the drop rates seem OK.

ori0n378e

Hi everyone!
I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

A big thanks to GAF for sure!

Homeboyd

you have too many shot guns.

Take a look at Party Crasher + 1 and Matador 64 although both only randomly drops from crucible the drop rates seem OK.
Which is why I'm asking which to ascend so I can shard the rest :)

I'm only interested in ascending something I do have. As you said, I don't need MORE shotguns...

E92 M3

I had Bastion on for years man!
Re: the "defending" part: over here you have to hold a lecture to present your thesis. Explain what and why you did it. This lecture is called "Defensio".

I develeoped a method to look for differences in the degradation of a certain drug under the influence of a procedure that aims at reducing the need for blood transfusions during surgery. mostly chemical analysis work, with a touch of anesthesiology.

And now I want to shoot some aliens in the butt.

Ah a discussion for outside this thread.

--

Does anyone still have their The Devil You Know? That hand cannon was a beast and I am thinking of ascending it for the sake of posterity.

Shotgun-GAF, need some help picking the best PvE shotties to etheric of each element. Here's what I know I have (though I haven't looked though everything):

Judgment VI
1. Arc: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder
2. Solar: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package
3. Void: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
4. Arc: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy

Secret Handshake
5. Arc: Hammer Forged/Shot Package/Grenadier
6. Void: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Rangefinder
7. Solar: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package

8. Hide and Seek

9. Two to the Morgue

10. Found Verdict
The usual perks (Arc)

11. Swordbreaker
The usual perks (Void)

Best Void Option: (#)
Best Arc Option: (#)
Best Solar Option: (#)

For PvE I think Found Verdict is a good choice. I like a higher RoF in PvE.

Niccolo

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

Where do we sign up?

1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Quick question on how this works. If I signed up for Sunday and it gets around to my turn, will I just get an invite if I'm online? Do I need to add any players ahead of time? Thanks again for everyone helping out, DestinyGAF is awesome.

The reason why me and Tears are doing this together is because we know each other's playstyle very well and we actually mix up these two playstyles you mentioned.
While he is an aggressive player, I tend to hang back a bit and provide sniper/suppressor assistance. He knows when to rush in, when I snipe the first guy. Usually if this happens we follow up with a pincer attack where we flank from both sides. It feels kind of basic but it worked out really well for us.

Lnkn52

Count so far: 45 that have not gone to Mercury. At some point of the day the list will be closed and we might have to do this list again for next week for 1st timers.

Quick question on how this works. If I signed up for Sunday and it gets around to my turn, will I just get an invite if I'm online? Do I need to add any players ahead of time? Thanks again for everyone helping out, DestinyGAF is awesome.

Once the list is closed, I will share this with the volunteers. Those that signed up on Friday will probably play with Unstable, those on the weekends will play with Unstable, Zoba, Robinson, etc. They will be sending invites to those on the list based on time of sign-up. If you are not available, they will move onto the next person on the list. Once that player has reached Mercury, they will be removed from the list and moved on to the next person.

Deku Tree

Which is why I'm asking which to ascend so I can shard the rest :)

I'm only interested in ascending something I do have. As you said, I don't need MORE shotguns...

Secret Handshake
Solar: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Shot Package

Found Verdict
The usual perks

Swordbreaker
The usual perks

if you only want one of each.
Although it also depends upon your play style and which modes you play usually.

Arrrammis

Ah a discussion for outside this thread.

--

Does anyone still have their The Devil You Know? That hand cannon was a beast and I am thinking of ascending it for the sake of posterity.
I still have mine, ascended it, it's definitely still a beast. Try playing with it before you ascend it (the only place ascention matters is in PoE and maybe CE), see if you still like it.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't know about PvE and I think any shotty is really amazing but for PvP follow my thoughts.

Judgment VI > Party Crasher +1 > Matador 64 > Felwinter's Lie > All the others are a step behind.

Perks for best PvP shotty:

Shot Package
Range Finder
Hammer Forged

PS. For PvE you need to focus in rate of fire instead range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom