• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
timekeeper is really just a ring. if you stay on the outer ring, there are some decent sighltines and things to jump around. as soon as you run into the middle, it's just a cluster fuck of explosive crates and awkward sightlines.

pantheon is probably a better map overall but timekeeper is more up my alley for 3s.
I had no idea it was anywhere remotely close to a ring in shape, so thank for that (just to demonstrate how little I understood it). I'm pretty sure I'd been running into the middle without deviation any time I've played on it so far, ha

Is a matadorr worth keeping with shot Package, accurized balistc and rifled barrel? Or should i roll for more range perks?

aggressive ballistics
shot package
small bore
luck in the chamber

or

aggressive ballistics
shot package
rifled barrel (whatever the other range boost is called)
kneepads

best rolls IMO but i don't use shotguns in PvP so what do i know

Shito

They'd have to make it worth it loot wise. Triple drops on the exotic chest (Deathsinger), and final boss for both would make it worth it, IMO.

I don't know if there is any fixing the Crota raid though. The way it's designed, there's really no way to add challenge to it without being cheesy and creating an insane amount of ads, and trash.
When you're done carrying a sword, you gain a 10 minutes debuff that makes it so you can't carry it anymore.
Each time Crota kneels down, two of your teammates are teleported into the towers to its sides.
When you kill the swordbearer and a teammate takes the sword, every other teammate is detained in a prison field, that can only be broken by the sword.
You can only damage Crota's shield by finding the "armor of Crota" Thrall that is unmarked, and can be anywhere on the map. It gives you a 5s buff to damage Crota's shield on kill.
The oversoul can only be damaged by grenades and knives.
Lava floor for 30 seconds every minute.

Please: don't test them.

Midas

Do you need a free bounty slot for the Queen's Cipher or will it just complete the current "mission" of the Elder Cipher, when you get it?

When you've done carrying a sword, you gain a 10 minutes debuff that makes it so you can't carry it anymore.
Each time Crota kneels down, two of your teammates are teleported into the towers to its sides.
When you kill the swordbearer and a teammate takes the sword, every other teammate is detained in a prison field, that can only be broken by the sword.
You can only damage Crota's shield by finding the "armor of Crota" Thrall that is unmarked, and can be anywhere on the map. It gives you a 5s buff to damage Crota's shield on kill.
The oversoul can only be damaged by grenades and knives.
Lava floor for 30 seconds every minute.

Please: don't test them.

Except with a millions Valus Ta'Urc level health cursed thrall that can only be destroyed by melee them with 1 health left. #BungieLogic

Deku Tree

aggressive ballistics
shot package
small bore
luck in the chamber

or

aggressive ballistics
shot package
kneepads

luck in the chamber does more damage than final round?

I had no idea it was anywhere remotely close to a ring in shape, so thank for that (just to demonstrate how little I understood it). I'm pretty sure I'd been running into the middle without deviation any time I've played on it so far, ha

well maybe ring isn't really accurate.

there are two outside areas and then two inside areas. they loop around smoothly for the most part and then there's an awkward chokepoint that connects them. then there are two small open rooms in the center and the very middle one - it has red floors and windows - has a basement.

ugh, just visualizing it again makes me realize how terrible this map is. i really wanted to like it but i can't in good faith because of how poorly built the entire center of it is.

i'm going to have to move it towards the bottom. still wont put it below black shield though because that map is incredibly lazy.

Make sure to reload after every shot, seems like a pretty sweet perk especially in PvP to me.

It's the Dreamwaker, so I have to reload after every shot anyway. :p

I'll keep it for now.
Buy the stock Dead Orbit one?

Huh, didn't even know about that. Has a pretty terrible blast radius. :/ Anyone used it know if it's any good?

I'll have to wait until next week to buy it anyway. Don't have enough marks.

nOoblet16

Dead Orbit rocket launcher is poo for PvP.
Just play ToO and wait for Tomorrow's answer or use a Radegast's if you have one from IB (still the best after Truth).

Is clown cartridge even worth having on a rocket launcher? I'm trying to roll tripod and grenades and horseshoes, but I might have to spend all my motes for that at this rate.

Clown cartridge with proximity is best, you can get an additional rocket after each reload (will need fast reload though). This is where you have to decide what kind of rocket launcher you want. You can either get that or get tripol/spray and play with proximity and have less ammo but more consistency and blast radius/velocity (as you don't have to depend on fast reload anymore)

Axoman

I'm really curious if Bungie are working on a Very Hard mode for VoG and Crota's End. It would be nice if they could layer some new mechanics on there in the future to make them tough again at 34.

For VoG:
1. Raise enemy level to +1 max player level.
2. Spawn Minotaur at sniping ledge in Templar's Well.
3. Add more oracles and reposition so they can't be sniped from above.
4. Block off spirit bloom room during confluxes.
5. Randomize sequence and spawn locations of gorgons and jumping platforms.

For Crota:
2. Add gatekeepers everywhere to encourage new strategies.

RemiLP

aggressive ballistics
shot package
small bore
luck in the chamber

or

aggressive ballistics
shot package
kneepads

Thanks. Lets see how lucky i am ;)

I got my XIM4 in today. Which allows me to use my mouse and keyboard on the PS4. Going to try it the first time tonight in the Crucible. I miss the precision of my KB&M when it comes to FPS shooters.

nOoblet16

For VoG:
2. Spawn Minotaur at sniping ledge in Templar's Well.
3. Add more oracles and reposition so they can't be sniped from above.
4. Block off spirit bloom room during confluxes.
5. Randomize sequence and spawn locations of gorgons and jumping platforms.

For Crota:
2. Add gatekeepers everywhere to encourage new strategies.

Sounds like what Bungie would do.
And obviously add even more majors.

Jinjo

Is clown cartridge even worth having on a rocket launcher? I'm trying to roll tripod and grenades and horseshoes, but I might have to spend all my motes for that at this rate.

Free rockets!

The bonus rocket doesn't get taken from the reserve ammo pool so I'd argue clown cartridge is the best on RL's compared to other guns. It's especially good on one-rocket RL's. I have an Arc & Void Radegast's Fury with G&H, Flared Magwell and Clown Cartridge. Sometimes get like 10+ rockets out with just one heavy ammo synth if I'm lucky.

Omni

Nah, but the old exotics that you get will start at 365 now. You'll still need an exotic shard to upgrade the last bubble though. Armour won't drop in raids, only Nightfall, Mercury Chest, PoE, Osiris packages and Xur for that.

Damn. I haven't got a single piece of HoW exotic armour yet... Hmm.

here's my problem with Bungie's maps

• automatic doors [prone to lag] that benefit grenade spam and hard scoping
  • straight-angle ramps for head glitching (you can see and shoot them but they can barely see your head).
  • flat terrain with a bunch of line of sight blockers like scenery, rocks and platforms thrown on top instead of terrain with natural elevation variation. we obviously can't jump and fight with much success in this game but that doesn't mean there needs to be a bunch of flat space everywhere. bungie's really afraid to do anything interesting with the terrain.
  • copious amount of corners and chokepoints.
  • low ceilings and small doorways so grenades are difficult to avoid.
  • geometrically noisy environments with complex textures competing for the player's attention.
  • hazy draw distance/glare/anything that messes with visual clarity.
  • getting stuck on the tiniest piece of geometry. there's a spot on Widow's Court you literally cannot move out of if you land in it.

they've more or less abandoned anything they did right with Halo maps.

Yes, if they are able to do another rotation. And there's always next week.
so should we indicate at what times we are most likely to be on? i guess most likely not, as it adds more complexity to the scheduling?
ideally, i can join every night after 10pm EDT, but Friday i can join from when ToO starts to 3pm EDT and Monday all day.
i can help out with organizing the scheduling

Lnkn52

so should we indicate at what times we are most likely to be on? i guess most likely not, as it adds more complexity to the scheduling?
ideally, i can join every night after 10pm EDT, but Friday i can join from when ToO starts to 3pm EDT and Monday all day.

Yeah, that's too complicated. We will keep the list alive and continue updating it every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom