• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siaynoqq

Now that we have a much more centralized sign up process for trials, does this mean those that zoba/twilight didn't get to on his previous list will not be given priority?

nOoblet16

here's my problem with Bungie's maps

• automatic doors [prone to lag] that benefit grenade spam and hard scoping
  • straight-angle ramps for head glitching (you can see and shoot them but they can barely see your head).
  • flat terrain with a bunch of line of sight blockers like scenery, rocks and platforms thrown on top instead of terrain with natural elevation variation. we obviously can't jump and fight with much success in this game but that doesn't mean there needs to be a bunch of flat space everywhere. bungie's really afraid to do anything interesting with the terrain.
  • copious amount of corners and chokepoints.
  • low ceilings and small doorways so grenades are difficult to avoid.
  • geometrically noisy environments with complex textures competing for the player's attention.
  • hazy draw distance/glare/anything that messes with visual clarity.
  • getting stuck on the tiniest piece of geometry. there's a spot on Widow's Court you literally cannot move out of if you land in it.

they've more or less abandoned anything they did right with Halo maps.

I FUCKIN HATE AUTOMATIC DOORS IN GAMES !!
So many times I'll just be running to the door and wait there for it to open, I understand that it's because I am not there yet physically in the actual host's machine but this causes me to stop at the door :(

But yes every single one of your point has been in Bungie games forever now, Halo 3 had some maps with interesting terrain but far too few.

Now that we have a much more centralized sign up process for trials, does this mean those that zoba/twilight didn't get to on his previous list will not be given priority?

my list isn't exclusive to GAF. I could prioritize GAF but at the same time gaffers aren't making up the majority of the people watching my stream who want to play. Since I'm also sharing my time and list with my clanmates, it means I'm more likely to be playing with people I don't know at all.

it's frankly starting to get messy now and it's a much greater time commitment then I'll probably have available. but i'll do what i can to make the process smoother this time.

phonesrang.jpg

RIP

Tough, but not annoying. Fair and balanced like Fox news please.

VoG Very Hard
Same deal as Hard Mode: No revives until checkpoint completed. Enemies are now level 33.

Confluxes:
Same thing as Hard Mode. This part is too tough to make tougher I think. Hardest part of VoG in my opinion. Maybe have snipers up on the platforms now or something.

Oracles:
Everyone cheese this, so have it be mostly the same, except that you have to be in the actual stage, staying up top at the spawn will teleport you back down to the main stage. Maybe have some extra Oracles appear that need to be taken down.

Templar:
Everyone cheese this, too. Same deal, no staying up top or you get teleported down.

New mechanic: Once one person shoots the Relic, they get a special debuff that forces them to pass the Relic on to the next person within 30 seconds or it's a wipe. If you're debuffed, you can't pick up the Relic. Debuff lasts until all people have shot the Relic super at Templar at least once, then anyone that's already used it can pick it up again.

Gorgons:
New Gorgon paths. Nothing too crazy.

Platforms:
Once everyone enters this area, Weight of Darkness is added. No double jumping or supers. You must complete the jumps in order to make it across the other side.

Gatekeepers:
Gatekeepers have some extra health. And you only get 1 sacrifice on the central conflux or it's a wipe.

Atheon:
Only 2 people are teleported now. In order to take down the Oracles in time, the Portal will need to be opened quickly and someone will have to hop in from the outside to help. Atheon has more health and 3/4 people will be detained that don't get teleported.

All chests and loot drops give double or triple drops of Ascended mats. Weapons are 331 damage to start, with the damage bubbles bringing them up to 365. Armour the same, 36 light to start, defense bubbles bring them up to 42 light. Maybe they could add a new set or something only obtainable in this difficulty.

Crota's End Very Hard

Enemies are level 34.

Abyss:
Each Lamp now has a Knight. Bridge takes double time to build.

Bridge:
No difference. Works well as is, and cheese fix is to hard to think about right now. I think 99% of people cheese this part anyway.

Hallway:
4 energy barriers and Shriekers. Timer for end doorway is slightly longer.

Deathsinger:
No change. Everything is now level 34. Encounter is hard enough.

Crota:
Crota has 3x health. But there are now 2 Swordbearers that spawn out of the Ogre rooms instead. Crota's shield can only be broken if both are picked up which will enable a temporary 2x damage buff for both swordbearers. Crota is level 34, not 35.

Same deal for the double and triple drops with higher level versions of the guns and armour with a chance at a new set of loot.

Just my ideas :p

nOoblet16

How are you guys low on weapon parts? (I know why zoba is.)

I have ~1700 on my hunter and ~1100 on my warlock.

I upgrade everything and like to keep multiple options for both PvP and PvE. I have like 5 different snipers for PvP that I never use in PvE. I also don't grind anymore or farm chests/engrams through patrol or strikes.

Zoba is low on weapon part because his current account is only 1 month old.

phen0m24

my list isn't exclusive to GAF. I could prioritize GAF but at the same time gaffers aren't making up the majority of the people watching my stream who want to play. Since I'm also sharing my time and list with my clanmates, it means I'm more likely to be playing with people I don't know at all.

it's frankly starting to get messy now and it's a much greater time commitment then I'll probably have available. but i'll do what i can to make the process smoother this time.

Dude you rock either way. It was great rolling with you and fig the other night (well, Josh for pvp
inverted for life
) but if I can make you two laugh while you make the opponents cry that's a win in my book.

Is it the guy in the basement?
He's guarding the doors of the Seraphim Vault in the hull of a ship in Forgotten Shores. Really weird that he's not around during the Siege of the Warmind mission, he only seems to guard the area on Patrol mission. No idea why he's so hard to kill, I guess FS has a knack for weirdly powerful enemies.

Theorry

Still waiting for Variks to summon me for the exotic bounty.. Takes forever and in the meantime i still see a objective on the reef in orbit. But nothing is there,

Ran sword for the first time last night! Got my first Crota kill as Swordbearer:

Took a few wipes the first time. Second time, though, I got a flawless two-sword with my hunter! What a thrill. I'm definitely doing that again. Thanks so much to Grim and all the patient folks from GAF who helped me through it.

spyder_ur

Crota's End Very Hard

Enemies are level 34.

Abyss:
Each Lamp now has a Knight. Bridge takes double time to build.

Bridge:
No difference. Works well as is, and cheese fix is to hard to think about right now. I think 99% of people cheese this part anyway.

Hallway:
4 energy barriers and Shriekers. Timer for end doorway is slightly longer.

Deathsinger:
No change. Everything is now level 34. Encounter is hard enough.

Crota:
Crota has 3x health. But there are now 2 Swordbearers that spawn out of the Ogre rooms instead. Crota's shield can only be broken if both are picked up which will enable a temporary 2x damage buff for both swordbearers. Crota is level 34, not 35.

Same deal for the double and triple drops with higher level versions of the guns and armour with a chance at a new set of loot.

Just my ideas :p

I love your Crota fight. I've been saying for a while how cool that fight would be if more than one person was swinging at Crota. What if the sword never vanished, so you could keep it on you, and it would be up to you and your teammates to decide how many people you needed on Crota shield duty or sword duty? How fun would a 4-sword, 2 Horn clear be? He'd definitely need way more health. Maybe the gatekeepers would actually have a role then.

Nuszka

Hope i get on the list for trials, from now till midday sunday i will be busy at work so that leaves me day and a half to compete in trials and i have to squeeze family in it too. Would be nice if later they released trials in addition to the weekends on a full week basis, maybe once a month.

Shito

Ran sword for the first time last night! Got my first Crota kill as Swordbearer:

Took a few wipes the first time. Second time, though, I got a flawless two-sword with my hunter! What a thrill. I'm definitely doing that again. Thanks so much to Grim and all the patient folks from GAF who helped me through it.
Running the sword against Crota is one of my favorite things in the whole game.
Especially as a hunter.
Welcome to the fun club! :D

stb

I'm really curious if Bungie are working on a Very Hard mode for VoG and Crota's End. It would be nice if they could layer some new mechanics on there in the future to make them tough again at 34.

Easy, just overlevel the enemies, make them yellow bars, and endless waves.

Expecting that end game designer job offer from Bungie aaaaany minute now...

LTWood12

Congrats! You never forget your first!

i have 3 keys. can i just do PoE's that i've already done again and hope that i'll find the cipher when i open a chest?

I think it is a guaranteed drop on level 32 or higher difficulty Queen chest. It could be that it's random for the level 28 one, but everyone I know who tried to get it from the 28 chest didn't get it, and then they all got it from the 32 chest first time after that, so I'm not 100% sure it's random.

Kalamari

All you kids and your new fangled shotguns, back in my day we used fusion rifles to one shot newbs in the snow both hills up ways.

Someone asked a good question a couple pages back: do we keep playing until someone reaches Mercury, or until the GAFfer being carried can pick up at least the 8 wins package at Brother Vance?

I have to stress once more that Robinson and me can get people up to at least 8 wins without problems. There's an above average chance of us getting someone to Mercury, but we can in no way guarantee you this. If we go up against fireteams full of Zobas and Unstables, we're done for as well.

We are happy to help, but I do not want to create any false expectations.

So, in answer to the question posed above: I suggest we play until the GAFfer in question can at least pick up all the rewards at Brother Vance.

Well, I was able to solo round 1 and 2 of PoE 35 as a sunsinger, but round 3 wave 2 and 3 get a little too hectic. Is it possible for me to go AFK now and continue this later with 2 others?
I'd put my controller on the chair so that I'll keep moving around in circles, but I remember bungie mentioning that they're able to detect that and I'd still get kicked to orbit after a while. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Dave_6

I signed up for the Trials list for Saturday. I have a few things I need to do throughout the day, so at some point will I know about what time I should be online?

phen0m24

Someone asked a good question a couple pages back: do we keep playing until someone reaches Mercury, or until the GAFfer being carried can pick up at least the 8 wins package at Brother Vance?

I have to stress once more that Robinson and me can get people up to at least 8 wins without problems. There's an above average chance of us getting someone to Mercury, but we can in no way guarantee you this. If we go up against fireteams full of Zobas and Unstables, we're done for as well.

We are happy to help, but I do not want to create any false expectations.

So, in answer to the question posed above: I suggest we play until the GAFfer in question can at least pick up all the rewards at Brother Vance.

Speaking as a non-Mercury visitor, how do the rewards work?

Where does one get the Jewel is a better question? :)

Congrats! I think it's one of the most fun things to do in the game and something everyone should try. Watching the rockets fly overhead is a really cool view.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
2 spots left for CE tonight. Come if you're new to the raid or want to give some stress-free swordbearing a shot. Dojo is full for this weekend but reposting just so people can see the times.
Thursday, 5/28/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid and Sword School- Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday, 5/31/15 - 5:00PM EST - Inaugural Osiris Dojo - Normal - Sign Up Here (6 spots left)

5/31/15 - Slots at 5:00PM, 9:00PM, and 10:30PM ET - Osiris Dojo

This is an opportunity for GAF Guardians to take part in a laid-back, casual-friendly training session for the Trials of Osiris. Our goal will not be to shoot 9-0 to Mercury, but rather to put together some good matches, improve our skills and strategy and ideally get enough wins for the armor piece.

I will teach general strategies and callouts, and also try to condition players to ignore the psychological elements of competition that can affect performance. (Some of the maps can be viewed for callouts, here: http://imgur.com/a/45NRb) As time allows, I will work through 1-4 cards with the signups for each timeslot.

The main objective here is to have fun, test our abilities, and get better together.

Minimum level 32.

Speaking as a non-Mercury visitor, how do the rewards work?

Where does one get the Jewel is a better question? :)
there are packages you can buy from Vance that open at certain win thresholds. The chest in the Lighthouse has the emblem, elemental primaries, etheric light, exotic chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom