• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 spots left for CE tonight. Come if you're new to the raid or want to give some stress-free swordbearing a shot. Dojo is full for this weekend but reposting just so people can see the times.

there are packages you can buy from Vance that open at certain win thresholds. The chest in the Lighthouse has the emblem, elemental primaries, etheric light, exotic chance.

Signed up for CE normal tonight! Looking forward to learning sword :)

Lnkn52

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

Speaking as a non-Mercury visitor, how do the rewards work?

Where does one get the Jewel is a better question? :)

The Jewel with an element, which is really the jewel you should be wanting, drops from the chest on Mercury.

The kinetic version might drop from the Gold Tier package, not 100% sure on that one.

Is clown cartridge even worth having on a rocket launcher? I'm trying to roll tripod and grenades and horseshoes, but I might have to spend all my motes for that at this rate.

Clown cartridge is great. I have it on my IB rocket launcher and when it procs you end up with 5 total rockets instead of 4. Shoot one rocket and then reload and if it procs you get 3 in magazine with one reserve for a total of 5 rockets

spyder_ur

2 spots left for CE tonight. Come if you're new to the raid or want to give some stress-free swordbearing a shot. Dojo is full for this weekend but reposting just so people can see the times.

Damn - when did you post the Dojo times? Must've missed that. Going to be away until Sunday night and will be looking to catch up to get at least the 6-win packages - let me know if someone drops off the late times.

DeviantBoi

I'm at 4,998 trophies and 49 platinum trophies. I'm only missing Flawless Raider for my Destiny platinum.

I really want the Destiny platinum to be my 5,000th trophy and my 50th platinum trophy. After over 400 hours playing this game, I think it deserves those honors.

I'm currently stuck not being able to play any other game for fear of getting a rogue trophy and messing things up. That means Witcher 3 is on hold for now, until I get this done.

Is there a group out there that could knock this out with me later today or tomorrow? I'm flexible with my hours. I'm at work right now, but if someone says, "Let's do this now!", then I'll come up with an excuse to get out of here for an hour or two (though I'd rather do it in the afternoon or evening).

Please help me! I'll be eternally grateful!

phen0m24

there are packages you can buy from Vance that open at certain win thresholds. The chest in the Lighthouse has the emblem, elemental primaries, etheric light, exotic chance.

The Jewel with an element, which is really the jewel you should be wanting, drops from the chest on Mercury.

The kinetic version might drop from the Gold Tier package, not 100% sure on that one.

Thanks guys. I would love to get one
to use in PvE

zewone

aggressive ballistics
shot package
small bore
luck in the chamber

The exact rolls I have on my Matador.

gJVzNnw.jpg

Namikaze1

I got nothing too. Killed the bastard twice. According to the grimoire I've got the final hit each time I've done the 35. MVP right here. And I get shafted every time.
I got the final kill in my run with Noomi and Bitsurigi. Sucks but at least the bounty isn't tied to just Skolas. Hopefully next week's 34 is better than this week's.

E92 M3

i'm glad it isn't. i've had enough of that firebolt fest.

I just like that it offers constant action and is small.

Ran sword for the first time last night! Got my first Crota kill as Swordbearer:

Took a few wipes the first time. Second time, though, I got a flawless two-sword with my hunter! What a thrill. I'm definitely doing that again. Thanks so much to Grim and all the patient folks from GAF who helped me through it.

Congrats; first time is always a rush indeed.

Crota's End Very Hard

Enemies are level 34.

Abyss:
Each Lamp now has a Knight. Bridge takes double time to build.

Bridge:
No difference. Works well as is, and cheese fix is to hard to think about right now. I think 99% of people cheese this part anyway.

Hallway:
4 energy barriers and Shriekers. Timer for end doorway is slightly longer.

Deathsinger:
No change. Everything is now level 34. Encounter is hard enough.

Crota:
Crota has 3x health. But there are now 2 Swordbearers that spawn out of the Ogre rooms instead. Crota's shield can only be broken if both are picked up which will enable a temporary 2x damage buff for both swordbearers. Crota is level 34, not 35.

Same deal for the double and triple drops with higher level versions of the guns and armour with a chance at a new set of loot.
Bridge cheese fixes:
  • An invis barrier that prevents players from getting too high up, either for crossing with the sword or to fool the adds to despawn.
  • Weight of Darkness over the abyss (or on the sword itself) to prevent flying across with the sword
  • Start the phase as soon as players leave the confines of the balcony, and must rush to the Totems to prevent a wipe.

The Bridge is my favorite part of the whole raid, I encourage everyone I play with to do it legit unless we wipe for some reason or are very shorthanded.

If you're doing one later, I'd love to join up.

I still want to kill Scrota for my Blackhammer
lol like I'll actually get one.

I've got the NM DS check point if you wanna save it for later. Ran 2 last night chasing the 4th Horseman but still no luck.

noomi

Elder Cipher get!

Also rolled chance with Varicks and got hunter boots with int/disc and agility/made against fallen.

Awwwww yissss! Have the whole new hunter set but need a chest piece with int or disc for decent stat rolls.

hydruxo

Just quit on skolas after being in that lvl 35 arena for about 4.5 hours. Feels bad mayn.

Exact same thing happened to my group. We'd get him down to like 10% consistently and then the adds wiped us before we had a chance to finish him off. That fight is such shit with arc burn. We all had ascended LDRs too.

phen0m24

I'm at 4,998 trophies and 49 platinum trophies. I'm only missing Flawless Raider for my Destiny platinum.

I really want the Destiny platinum to be my 5,000th trophy and my 50th platinum trophy. After over 400 hours playing this game, I think it deserves those honors.

I'm currently stuck not being able to play any other game for fear of getting a rogue trophy and messing things up. That means Witcher 3 is on hold for now, until I get this done.

Is there a group out there that could knock this out with me later today or tomorrow? I'm flexible with my hours. I'm at work right now, but if someone says, "Let's do this now!", then I'll come up with an excuse to get out of here for an hour or two (though I'd rather do it in the afternoon or evening).

Please help me! I'll be eternally grateful!

You need to shout out to the Flawless Crew: starting with Boguester aka DrDrizzay101 and bang that out! :) it was fun

I've got the NM DS check point if you wanna save it for later. Ran 2 last night chasing the 4th Horseman but still no luck.

Also need the Quattro horse person

Elder Cipher get!

Also rolled chance with Varicks and got hunter boots with int/disc and agility/made against fallen.

Awwwww yissss! Have the whole new hunter set but need a chest piece with int or disc for decent stat rolls.

Do the boots let you carry more heavy ammo?

bitsurugi

I got the final kill in my run with Noomi and Bitsurigi. Sucks but at least the bounty isn't tied to just Skolas. Hopefully next week's 34 is better than this week's.

It's funny how RNG is always the king in Destiny:

I did last and this week 3x 34 and 35 ... got one cipher (still better then nothing i say).
A friend of mine, has only 2 chars, he did 2x 34 and 35 and one 35 this week. He already got TWO ciphers ><

So yeah, RNGesus FTW.

E92 M3

Elder Cipher get!

Nice little acquisition you got there!

Bridge cheese fixes:
  • An invis barrier that prevents players from getting too high up, either for crossing with the sword or to fool the adds to despawn.
  • Weight of Darkness over the abyss (or on the sword itself) to prevent flying across with the sword
  • Start the phase as soon as players leave the confines of the balcony, and must rush to the Totems to prevent a wipe.

The Bridge is my favorite part of the whole raid, I encourage everyone I play with to do it legit unless we wipe for some reason or are very shorthanded.

The Bridge might be my favourite part in both Raids honestly. It reminds me of the Stone Tower Temple copy mechanic from Majora's Mask or the Windwaker temple where you do a similar thing. It's really fun when done legit, and not that hard honestly.

WizzNARD

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.
Just want to reiterate for Xbox peeps: I am by no means a pro, so please don't expect me to carry! I'm more than happy to help, just want everyone to have realistic expectations! I'm nowhere close to zoba or unstable. But please sign up and we can give it a shot. If someone who is close to them wants to volunteer as well please do.

E92 M3

Another update today...really hoping to hear some news of a new patch with some positive changes. Would love more vault space again!

Namikaze1

Without shader:
CGG3E9XVIAANCEF.jpg:orig

With the shader from Skolas's Revenge (Titan mainly uses it):
CGG3GCeUMAAR14w.jpg:orig

Just need the helmet now to complete the set.

Going shaderless with both Hunter and Warlock. Prefer the shaderless version of their gear.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
What are the suggestions for the best playlist in crucible to practice for ToO? I would love to get to mercury at some point, but would like to sharpen the skills before I join up with anyone. I was terribad in my one attempt at ToO last week.

harrytang

What are the suggestions for the best playlist in crucible to practice for ToO? I would love to get to mercury at some point, but would like to sharpen the skills before I join up with anyone. I was terribad in my one attempt at ToO last week.

skirmish? lets you practice revives and call outs with a 3 man team. also clash if you just want to practice shooting people and getting familiar with weapons.

XenoRaven

Skirmish. It's 3v3 with revives.

The only real difference is that it's not elimination and revives can expire.

aggressive ballistics
shot package
small bore
luck in the chamber

or

aggressive ballistics
shot package
rifled barrel (whatever the other range boost is called)
kneepads

best rolls IMO but i don't use shotguns in PvP so what do i know

I've got the second one but with Battle Runner instead of kneepads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom