• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Did you see the hunter pants?

tumblr_lm9zgoB8yc1qht1fyo1_500.gif
Let's be honest, the Hunter's pants across the raids have been terrible as well. This just takes that to a whole new level.

I still have to do it on my Hunter. You still game for later?

I wanna do it after I get my cipher from Variks :S I'll let you know~

On the mobile app. Look under Skolas: Defeated. It only comes up as a kill if yours was the kill shot.

Don't think you can see it on the website.

Funny, so I read the uh, lore and Variks is mad/sad that the Fallen have no history, or gods, or anything that makes them proud. Also who the hell is the last card-

Deku Tree

So somehow I have two 365 BH in my inventory and I am 100% certain that I only ascended one of them. Not complaining though... Give me more free dup ascends plz Bungie! Wouldn't mind a free ascend on my Second and Third FB BTW.

So is the PoE shader, emblem, and ship really only dropping once per account?

Yup and Bungie acknowledged that its unintended.

LTWood12

So does anyone here NOT rock the Fireborn perk in high level PvE content? In Prison of Elders specifically, it just seems like a total waste. The thought of needing to self-res prevents me from using my super and creating orbs for my teammates. Then at least half the time when a Self-res IS needed it's almost immediately followed by another death because you respawn in the middle of all the shit.

Thinking about switching to Radiant Skin.

Born2Live

So how is this for a PVP Sniper. Rolled with Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, and Unflinching. Sights are Hawkeye, Longview, or TacSys. Should I have held out for Shortgaze or Ambush sights?

Ba3DMzw.jpg

E92 M3

For Comet (The Taken King), I'd like Bungie to implement several things:

- A way to back up character and inventory data (I'd cry if I lost my items)
- MORE VAULT SPACE
- Locking characters so can't be deleted without a password or some kind of key
- PLEASE ALLOW US TO CONSOLIDATE D. MATERIALS PAST 200
- In-game status message (I like to float in orbit and would be nice to have status shown)
- In-game group list
- Make ALL cosmetic items go into a different category with [hopefully] an infinite value
- Separate PVP and PVE a bit more to allow for creative weapon design
- Stop nerfing shit

Basically, I'd like Bungie to continue in the direction they're going but with more QOL updates. Also, I'd love to have some kind of Bungie Pro service that will have an annual fee (20 bucks a year?). That way the core players can get the extra features the majority don't need.

ultrazilla

I applied to join Raid GAF. Level 33 and a half Titan full maxed Gjhally and Saints Helm.

Also looking to run level 32 PoE arena

PS4/PSN Kaijuseijin

1 more day until I'm back! I cannot wait. Last night with no internet was torture. Not only that, my data usage on my cell phone plan is probably skyrocketing. Thank goodness for WiFi at work.

Deku Tree

I applied to join Raid GAF. Level 33 and a half Titan full maxed Gjhally and Saints Helm.

Also looking to run level 32 PoE arena

PS4/PSN Kaijuseijin

That clan has been inactive forever and the admins don't approve anymore. Several active clans can be found in the OP.

Add me an other people. Most of us find people to play with in this topic.

So does anyone here NOT rock the Fireborn perk in high level PvE content? In Prison of Elders specifically, it just seems like a total waste. The thought of needing to self-res prevents me from using my super and creating orbs for my teammates. Then at least half the time when a Self-res IS needed it's almost immediately followed by another death because you respawn in the middle of all the shit.

I'm definitely trying out a different approach for PoE. May even try Voidwalker with Life Steal/Arcane Spirit/The Hunger/Divine Order/Embrace the Void for maximum toughness. Fireborn is definitely a wasted super for PoE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am shocked teabagging bothers so many people. I always found it hilarious when people did it in Halo and in Destiny. It just looks so silly. Honestly, it seems like a great psychological tool that can be used in making the opponent mad.
Part of Dojo training will be trying to help players ignore and shake off the psychological impact of disrespectful stuff like teabagging. Playing calmly is by far the best state to be in for Trials, and panic is almost never valuable. This will involve frequent dancing.

Immature/unsportsmanlike stuff did used to get to me but I do find it more entertaining than not these days. I can't deny that it does make me a bit uncomfortable when people take it a step further
after he won a rumble match teabagging after every kill. Funny, the rare salty messages after I win are very entertaining, and I assume cathartic for them. this I don't really get, just kinda makes my skin crawl. like, I don't know this guy at all.. yet now the chances that he is a decent person just seem kinda low. Stuff like that between friends, I totally get, but...

weird thing is I was positive I remembered the name from some game before those rumble matches. went back to destinytracker and the first match I ever saw him in was doing my daily control on my hunter...
ha

ultrazilla

E92-

I like those ideas but don't want paid service. IMHO, that begins a slippery slope. Then they'll micro-transaction the hell out of it and well, I'd bail.

Other ideas:

I want space battles with controllable ships. I also want to be able to explore my ship(thinking Star Citizen type stuff here).

Weapon shaders.

Dynamic weather. Sandstorms, thunderstorms, etc.

Full exotic raid-My idea here is that Guardians can only do the raid with a full set of Exotic gear and weapons. This Raid would require all exotic weapons and gear because the environment the raid takes place in is destructive to all other gear except the light of the exotics. This would really get to show off everyone's sweet Exotic gear.

An option to spawn in at the tower or reef social areas instead of orbit when you first start the game. This can be a setting like how wearing your helmet in public areas is set up.

LTWood12

I'm definitely trying out a different approach for PoE. May even try Voidwalker with Life Steal/Arcane Spirit/The Hunger/Divine Order/Embrace the Void for maximum toughness. Fireborn is definitely a wasted super for PoE.

Sunsinger just seems a lot more useful as an orb generator than it does as a bad insurance policy.

E92 M3

Part of Dojo training will be trying to help players ignore and shake off the psychological impact of disrespectful stuff like teabagging. Playing calmly is by far the best state to be in for Trials, and panic is almost never valuable. This will involve frequent dancing.

Immature/unsportsmanlike stuff did used to get to me but I do find it more entertaining than not these days. I can't deny that it does make me a bit uncomfortable when people take it a step further

after he won a rumble match teabagging after every kill. Funny, the rare salty messages after I win are very entertaining, and I assume cathartic for them. this I don't really get, just kinda makes my skin crawl. like, I don't know this guy at all.. yet now the chances that he is a decent person just seem kinda low. Stuff like that between friends, I totally get, but...

weird thing is I was positive I remembered the name from some game before those rumble matches. went back to destinytracker and the first match I ever saw him in was doing my daily control on my hunter...

ha

I agree, that taunting should never cross into the harassment territory. There is a fine balance to everything.

E92-

I like those ideas but don't want paid service. IMHO, that begins a slippery slope. Then they'll micro-transaction the hell out of it and well, I'd bail.

Other ideas:

I want space battles with controllable ships. I also want to be able to explore my ship(thinking Star Citizen type stuff here).

Weapon shaders.

Dynamic weather. Sandstorms, thunderstorms, etc.

Full exotic raid-My idea here is that Guardians can only do the raid with a full set of Exotic gear and weapons. This Raid would require all exotic weapons and gear because the environment the raid takes place in is destructive to all other gear except the light of the exotics. This would really get to show off everyone's sweet Exotic gear.

An option to spawn in at the tower or reef social areas instead of orbit when you first start the game. This can be a setting like how wearing your helmet in public areas is set up.

They had it in Halo 3 and it worked rather well without slipping into something worse. In fact, Bungie is very aware of this and even integrated the Crota PVP maps for free. I think something like Bungie Pro can really work well. Majority won't need it, but we might find use in it.

For your other suggestions: I would LOVE dynamic weather and SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

Marvel

could never
Nightfall is 32, I don't think you'll be able do deal any damage.

I'm in round 3 atm guys. If you want to you can join me.

Ah damn, thought it was 28 lol.

I'm just waiting on food to cook and then I'm free all night long. So like 40 mins if you're still going.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Report. Take screenshot of report. Reply with screenshot of his stat. Reply with screenshot of the report.
hahahah. is something like that reportable? I just blocked him in response, though just replying with those screenshots would be pretty funny.

LTWood said:

IMO if you're interested in transitioning from "last chance" style super play with Sunsinger, Apotheosis Veil makes for good training wheels (Light Beyond Nemesis is still preferable in Poe and especially Trials of course). Because you don't get any effect if you use it with Fireborn, you can condition yourself to pop it when you're low on health.

I also noticed something during round 3 in PoE 35. I left one enemy alive during round 2 and a fleet captain showed up in one those doors up top. By the time I started shooting at him I wasn't able to damage it and it disappeared a couple of second later. Hadn't seen any enemies spawn up there before.

LTWood12

hahahah. is something like that reportable? I just blocked him in response, though just replying with those screenshots would be pretty funny.

IMO if you're interested in transitioning from "last chance" style super play with Sunsinger, Apotheosis Veil makes for good training wheels (Light Beyond Nemesis is still preferable in Poe and especially Trials of course). Because you don't get any effect if you use it with Fireborn, you can condition yourself to pop it when you're low on health.

Was actually planning on rocking it w/ Apotheosis Veil. Light Beyond Nemesis is the only pre-HoW exotic armor I don't have :(

You done 35 PoE yet Hawk?

M3Rocket

I actually don't mind this. PvE has had the lion's share of the awesome loot since Destiny came out, I love that Bungie did something really special for PvP this time around (the great exotics, Osiris, Mercury) even if I don't play it. Between that and the new daily packages for the daily game type, brings Crucible up a few pegs, which it needed.

My beef really isn't with Crucible rewards. It deservingly got buffed. It's the scarcity of Etheric Light in PvE in comparison. No need to lower the Crucible rewards at all.

Instead of dropping a bazillion new purple guns that are all gated by Etheric Light, make fewer better guns and a good drop rate that is understandable like the raid weapons in Crota's End. At least there, you know which section you have to complete at what level to get the drop.

The drop rate on the new guns is insane--and what are people using the the scarce new Etheric Light for? Upgrading old raid weapons that are standouts first rather than all the new-fangled (crippled) guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom