• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Part of Dojo training will be trying to help players ignore and shake off the psychological impact of disrespectful stuff like teabagging. Playing calmly is by far the best state to be in for Trials, and panic is almost never valuable. This will involve frequent dancing.

Immature/unsportsmanlike stuff did used to get to me but I do find it more entertaining than not these days. I can't deny that it does make me a bit uncomfortable when people take it a step further

after he won a rumble match teabagging after every kill. Funny, the rare salty messages after I win are very entertaining, and I assume cathartic for them. this I don't really get, just kinda makes my skin crawl. like, I don't know this guy at all.. yet now the chances that he is a decent person just seem kinda low. Stuff like that between friends, I totally get, but...

weird thing is I was positive I remembered the name from some game before those rumble matches. went back to destinytracker and the first match I ever saw him in was doing my daily control on my hunter...

ha

About teabagging, you know a lot of people genuinely believe that it's not disrespectful and such. That it's just banter and you should take a chill pill. Tea bagging and such is fine when you are playing against people you know. Like your friends or online rivals, but against random people in a random match, with no form of communication...especially when you aren't even doing well in the game? Well I don't see the point.

phen0m24

Aww geez in the 60's again. Shouldve signed up early last saturday morning when Unstable first started streaming and b4 the word got out lol. Felt a little guilty about the idea. Didn't know it was gonna take off like this. Oh Well *shrugs*

Dude, we should team up. I stink though.

Last week I signed up and was 77. I login on Sunday and Unstable is taking 76. I'm psyched!
I even donated as hey, he's doing something really cool for the community. (makes me want to figure out how to donate to Hawkian now)

Then he logs off for the rest of the weekend. (well-deserved sleep)

OUR TIMING. IT IS IMPECCABLE. :p

My beef really isn't with Crucible rewards. It deservingly got buffed. It's the scarcity of Etheric Light in PvE in comparison. No need to lower the Crucible rewards at all.

Instead of dropping a bazillion new purple guns that are all gated by Etheric Light, make fewer better guns and a good drop rate that is understandable like the raid weapons in Crota's End. At least there, you know which section you have to complete at what level to get the drop.

The drop rate on the new guns is insane--and what are people using the the scarce new Etheric Light for? Upgrading old raid weapons that are standouts first rather than all the new-fangled (crippled) guns!

The problem with designing new weapons is that you can't make tons of new "awesome" weapons because it just drives a leapfrog design making ever more powerful weapons.

In order for some things to be awesome, you need other things to suck and try to balance content around it.

But I agree, Etheric Light in PvE needs to be a little more accessible. ToO was way too easy to acquire 6 in a week, possibly 9 if you cam go flawless.

nOoblet16

So how is this for a PVP Sniper. Rolled with Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, and Unflinching. Sights are Hawkeye, Longview, or TacSys. Should I have held out for Shortgaze or Ambush sights?

Ba3DMzw.jpg

Shortgaze and that sniper would be close to perfect and only thing that would make it even better would be having Hand laid stock instead of Injection Mold.

Jaleel

Looking for PoE lvl 35.

34 Defender.
Helm of saint 14
365 Fatebringer and Ghorn with 100+ ammo syn

I want the ship and shader really bad. Please help me gaf.

My beef really isn't with Crucible rewards. It deservingly got buffed. It's the scarcity of Etheric Light in PvE in comparison. No need to lower the Crucible rewards at all.

Instead of dropping a bazillion new purple guns that are all gated by Etheric Light, make fewer better guns and a good drop rate that is understandable like the raid weapons in Crota's End. At least there, you know which section you have to complete at what level to get the drop.

The drop rate on the new guns is insane--and what are people using the the scarce new Etheric Light for? Upgrading old raid weapons that are standouts first rather than all the new-fangled (crippled) guns!

Yeah, Etheric Light is fairly hard to come by in pve. Only 34 and 35, NF is just a game of chance. I got more Etheric Light from my one ToO run than I ever got in pve. Plus they are also going to be adding it to IB.

Don't see why they couldn't make Etheric Light also drop in the daily and Dragon Strikes. They could just make the drop rate extremely low, if they are worried about time gating. They just need to give players other options.

I also noticed something during round 3 in PoE 35. I left one enemy alive during round 2 and a fleet captain showed up in one those doors up top. By the time I started shooting at him I wasn't able to damage it and it disappeared a couple of second later. Hadn't seen any enemies spawn up there before.
Anti-cheese enemies will show up in those upper balconies if you go into a zone that the designers don't want you in, sort of like staying at the top during the Nexus strike or getting on top of the structure during the Cabal sections of PoE. I'm not sure what would trigger the anti-cheese in the Fallen section.

E92 M3

The problem with designing new weapons is that you can't make tons of new "awesome" weapons because it just drives a leapfrog design making ever more powerful weapons.

In order for some things to be awesome, you need other things to suck and try to balance content around it.

But I agree, Etheric Light in PvE needs to be a little more accessible. ToO was way too easy to acquire 6 in a week, possibly 9 if you cam go flawless.

The problem is that Bungie still hasn't made weapons that are more attractive than the VOG collection, besides Black Hammer, Fang and Hunger. Overall, it takes a lot of pressure of me because none of the weapons in HoW are super desirable.

I doubt we will ever see something like the original Mythoclast and Gjallarhorn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was actually planning on rocking it w/ Apotheosis Veil. Light Beyond Nemesis is the only pre-HoW exotic armor I don't have :(

You done 35 PoE yet Hawk?
I haven't.

I think I'd like to try to get him with Arc shotguns if I can find a willing group. 4th Horseman feels hungry. Though tomorrow probably. Tonight I want to do my Nightfalls and then I have the newbie Raid.
About teabagging, you know a lot of people genuinely believe that it's not disrespectful and such. That it's just banter and you should take a chill pill. Tea bagging and such is fine when you are playing against people you know. Like your friends or online rivals, but against random people in a random match, with no form of communication...especially when you aren't even doing well in the game? Well I don't see the point.
Of course it's disrespectful, ahahah. I'd love it if you could summarize the thesis of that video for me, this is actually the first time I've encountered the claim that it isn't. I'm thinking you mean something like it's well-meaning disrespect, i.e. not malicious... I can get on board with that even if it isn't my style. But of course it's disrespectful, it is simulating the act of lowering one's testicles onto the face of another. XD

In any event, like I said, even though it was a random match against strangers, the teabagging itself- meh. But messaging me seems... a bit much. I wonder if he messaged everyone he teabagged that match or what.

About teabagging, That it's just banter and you should take a chill pill. Tea bagging and such is fine when you are playing against people you know. Like your friends or online rivals, but against random people in a random match, with no form of communication...especially when you aren't even doing well in the game? Well I don't see the point.
Exactly!

I saved the flawless raid with teabagging, you know, but how dare some stranger do it to me!

k1t4j

Looking for PoE lvl 35.

34 Defender.
Helm of saint 14
365 Fatebringer and Ghorn with 100+ ammo syn

I want the ship and shader really bad. Please help me gaf.

I am in the same boat as you, hunter here

Anyone wants to help us kill skolas?

PuMa

I haven't.

I think I'd like to try to get him with Arc shotguns if I can find a willing group. 4th Horseman feels hungry. Though tomorrow probably. Tonight I want to do my Nightfalls and then I have the newbie Raid.

In for an arc shotgun run if you end up doing it tomorrow. My 4th Horseman is ready.

nOoblet16

I haven't.

Of course it's disrespectful, ahahah. I'd love it if you could summarize the thesis of that video for me, this is actually the first time I've encountered the claim that it isn't. I'm thinking you mean something like it's well-meaning disrespect, i.e. not malicious... I can get on board with that even if it isn't my style. But of course it's disrespectful, it is simulating the act of lowering one's testicles onto the face of another. XD

In any event, like I said, even though it was a random match against strangers, the teabagging itself- meh. But messaging me seems... a bit much. I wonder if he messaged everyone he teabagged that match or what.
Guy basically said take a chill pill don't take it too seriously as it's just a game (but competitive gaming just like any other sport gets serious). And that everyone laughs about the teabag, even the guy who gets teabagged and it's upto the teabagger to no die in revenge kills and get teabagged himself etc etc.

I would laugh about the teabag and I have done it in the past, while being on both ends i.e. receiving and giving but that was in Gears of War (believe it or not you could tea bag in that game :p) while playing with/against real life as well as online friends/rivals so we always had a lot of trash talking that was "well meaning". But these guys who you come across in Destiny and stuff and teabagging after winning the first round in trials or when they've killed you despite the fact that they are losing the match are just weird.

phen0m24

Etheric Light rarity is also odd considering how easy it is to obtain Exotic Shards and upgrade those en masse.

I think that 1 Etheric light should drop once in each weekly and/or Nightfall. One each along WITH your reward.

I mean come on, if you get coins, or another crappy weapon, AND ESPECIALLY STUPID LEGENDARY ENGRAMS, you're getting 3 weapon parts and some energy when you shard.

Give us LIGHT Bungie give us LIGHT. :)

I haven't gotten any Etheric Light from ToO and have had enough to upgrade:
- Titan VoG Chest
- Titan VoG Helm
- Titan CE Boots
- Warlock CE Helm
- Warlock CE Boots
- Hunter CE Boots

- Fatebringer
- VoC
- Found Verdict
- Black Hammer
- Arc LDR

Outside of PoE, I only received 1 extra from doing NF. It might not flow in as heavily as doing ToO but it's not THAT hard to come by.

PuMa

I haven't gotten any Etheric Light from ToO and have had enough to upgrade:
- Titan VoG Chest
- Titan VoG Helm
- Titan CE Boots
- Warlock CE Helm
- Warlock CE Boots
- Hunter CE Boots

- Fatebringer
- VoC
- Found Verdict
- Black Hammer
- Arc LDR

Outside of PoE, I only received 1 extra from doing NF. It might not flow in as heavily as doing ToO but it's not THAT hard to come by.

How the hell did you get all that EL outside of ToO? From 6 NF runs, I got 0.

Edit: oh POE. Me reads good.

RemiLP

Im addicted to reforging. ...iv spent all my weapond parts and the onlu reason im playing now is to get more so i can reforge

2 spots left for CE tonight. Come if you're new to the raid or want to give some stress-free swordbearing a shot. Dojo is full for this weekend but reposting just so people can see the times.

there are packages you can buy from Vance that open at certain win thresholds. The chest in the Lighthouse has the emblem, elemental primaries, etheric light, exotic chance.

Well, after not playing Destiny since even before the first expansion released, I'm in again with the new DLC. Maybe it was that I pre ordered the game with the season pass included, but I just had to at least check out how the gaming was faring nowadays.

With the community still going strong for this game, it felt better than ever. The loots just came in, the legendary engrams actually gave you legendary equipment and the new metagame looks more promising than ever. I quit many months ago when I was level 26 because was waiting on my IRL buddies to level enough to do the VoG raid (which was the endgame activity back then), but when they never got there and when new games kept coming out, I slowly drifted away. But now, in just two days I've gotten from 26 to 32, and now I'm hooked again.

So, I'm looking to do all those high level activities that requires better teamwork. I'm in the South American Destiny clan branch, but it's kind of dead right now (How can I apply to the main Destiny clan?). So, having never done a raid before, the idea of doing one as a "newbie raid" is just brilliant. Already signed for one tonight and I'm hyped!! I expect to be doing many more after tonight, and because my other mates never got as far (maybe I can convince them to, later), I'll definitely be on this thread from now on to do any other raids, PoE and anything that comes up!

Born2Live

Shortgaze and that sniper would be close to perfect and only thing that would make it even better would be having Hand laid stock instead of Injection Mold.

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I might hang on to this one and see if I can get another one to reforge. I need a decent sniper for ToO and this comes close enough for now.

nOoblet16

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I might hang on to this one and see if I can get another one to reforge. I need a decent sniper for ToO and this comes close enough for now.

Use Tacsys scope if you aren't going to reroll it right now and use it in ToO instead. It gives you the same aim assist as Shortgaze, gives you higher stability and is about just as fast to zoom as shortgaze. The only downsize is that the zoom itself is slightly higher.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, after not playing Destiny since even before the first expansion released, I'm in again with the new DLC. Maybe it was that I pre ordered the game with the season pass included, but I just had to at least check out how the gaming was faring nowadays.

With the community still going strong for this game, it felt better than ever. The loots just came in, the legendary engrams actually gave you legendary equipment and the new metagame looks more promising than ever. I quit many months ago when I was level 26 because was waiting on my IRL buddies to level enough to do the VoG raid (which was the endgame activity back then), but when they never got there and when new games kept coming out, I slowly drifted away. But now, in just two days I've gotten from 26 to 32, and now I'm hooked again.

So, I'm looking to do all those high level activities that requires better teamwork. I'm in the South American Destiny clan branch, but it's kind of dead right now (How can I apply to the main Destiny clan?). So, having never done a raid before, the idea of doing one as a "newbie raid" is just brilliant. Already signed for one tonight and I'm hyped!! I expect to be doing many more after tonight, and because my other mates never got as far (maybe I can convince them to, later), I'll definitely be on this thread from now on to do any other raids, PoE and anything that comes up!
Welcome back! Don't worry too much about the clans- they aren't useful. More just a cosmetic/affiliation indicator, no one really relies on them to organize things much. Glad to have you in the raid tonight. You'll be sitting pretty as a 32 Defender in CE. I'm gonna put you on Boomer bubble duty- don't worry, it'll be fun ;)

WizzNARD

So for the few Xbox folks who signed up: I should be on Saturday in the afternoon (around 11 EST, or earlier) for some time, and again in the evening thinking closer to 8 or 9 EST.

Sunday should be the same.

And like I said before, I'm no pro. I can't guarantee a trip to the Lighthouse. But I can guarantee a good time for all! No pressure fun, with rewards, what more can we hope for?

Also, if there are any XBO pros, please join and help out!

Daemul

Injection Mold is better than Hand Laid Stock since it increases ADS speed along with increasing stability. If you're going up against pros in ToO you will add more ADS speed on your sniper for quick scoping, so perks like Quickdraw will be better than Hand Laid Stock.

EDIT:TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kL47S2n.gif

E92 M3

I haven't publicly raged yet HoW upset I am about not being able to obtain the Wolf Hunter Emblem. It's my favorite emblem in the game, and because I happend to be gone on business during the particular Monday everyone had to get the reef invitation, I missed out forever. If Bungie gave some kind of warning, I could have easily had a friend log on for me.

It makes me VERY MAD that as someone whom prepurchased the season pass and plays everyday, I missed out on this due to circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom