• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back! Don't worry too much about the clans- they aren't useful. More just a cosmetic/affiliation indicator, no one really relies on them to organize things much. Glad to have you in the raid tonight. You'll be sitting pretty as a 32 Defender in CE. I'm gonna put you on Boomer bubble duty- don't worry, it'll be fun ;)

Awesome, thanks!! One thing that I just noticed is that I didn't see in what console is the raid going to take place. I'm in PS4, by the way.

And about the clan, I thought they were more important for matchmaking since there's even a trophy about them, but if it's only cosmetic, then no problem.

nOoblet16

Injection Mold is better than Hand Laid Stock since it increases ADS speed along with increasing stability. If you're going up against pros in ToO you will add more ADS speed on your sniper for quick scoping, so perks like Quickdraw will be better than Hand Laid Stock.

EDIT:TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kL47S2n.gif

Yea sure, with this sniper. If it was a high RoF sniper I'd still pick hand Laid Stock over it. Plus not everyone likes to quickscope, if you like long range stuff then you might prefer hand laid seeing how it gives you more than double the stability. Then again stability stops mattering after 60-70%.

Born2Live

Use Tacsys scope if you aren't going to reroll it right now and use it in ToO instead. It gives you the same aim assist as Shortgaze, gives you higher stability and is about just as fast to zoom as shortgaze. The only downsize is that the zoom itself is slightly higher.

I'll give it a go. Never used snipers in PVP so it's going to take some getting used to.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome, thanks!! One thing that I just noticed is that I didn't see in what console is the raid going to take place. I'm in PS4, by the way.

And about the clan, I thought they were more important for matchmaking since there's even a trophy about them, but if it's only cosmetic, then no problem.
mm, I'm PS4 only. Ah yeah, there is one trophy for doing a strike and a raid with everyone wearing the same clan tag. I think there's an achievement GAF clan for that... I should probably have everyone throw it on in advance of these newbie raids... next time anyway.

Zocano

Funny, so I read the uh, lore and Variks is mad/sad that the Fallen have no history, or gods, or anything that makes them proud. Also who the hell is the last card-

That last card is most likely the Fallen special PoE event (Like Urrox and Qodron). Looks like it'll be Kaliks Reborn

No checkpoints doesn't help either.

Really not happy with that. It should at least give a checkpoint for the final boss of 35. Spending hours on it and then having to go due to RL and losing all your progress is Laaaaaaame

This is why I attempted PoE 35 once this week and called it. I'll may try again next week, idk. I'm just not willing to waste hours of my time for nothing in this game anymore. Honestly, I don't like PoE on any level 28-35 and may just avoid it completely. I don't care about any of it's rewards, it's not fun and I can get etheric light from the NF and ToO. Which doesn't even matter that much since I'm mostly playing PvP these days and all my go tos are already ascended.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is why I attempted PoE 35 once this week and called it. I'll may try again next week, idk. I'm just not willing to waste hours of my time for nothing in this game anymore. Honestly, I don't like PoE on any level 28-35 and may just avoid it completely. I don't care about any of it's rewards, it's not fun and I can get etheric light from the NF and ToO. Which doesn't even matter that much since I'm mostly playing PvP these days and all my go tos are already ascended.
Yeah, if it's not fun for you then none of the other stuff even matters.

I haven't publicly raged yet HoW upset I am about not being able to obtain the Wolf Hunter Emblem. It's my favorite emblem in the game, and because I happend to be gone on business during the particular Monday everyone had to get the reef invitation, I missed out forever. If Bungie gave some kind of warning, I could have easily had a friend log on for me.

It makes me VERY MAD that as someone whom prepurchased the season pass and plays everyday, I missed out on this due to circumstances.

That was a one time deal? I thought it was a post master reward for buying HoW.

I think I am gonna bail out the PoE 35 this week , I dont own a good arc sniper outside PaT and my group dont have a Titan for the extra buff, feels pretty underwhelming to not meet those requirements

I feel like Bungie play tests these encounters with no burn and on level and then they just add all the crazy modifiers without testing any of them with regular gamers. Skolas arc burn is one that everyone should just skip.

if i didn't know better i'd say they test them to make sure they work and then that's it.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I feel like Bungie play tests these encounters with no burn and on level and then they just add all the crazy modifiers without testing any of them with regular gamers. Skolas arc burn is one that everyone should just skip.

That should be obvious given the glitches on Atheon and Crota.

Don't worry, knowing Bungie they'll patch in 3 or 4 months, just before Comet comes out...

hydruxo

Pretty much how I feel about it. We spent almost four hours on Skolas last night and came within just 10-15% consistently before we got wrecked by adds. Honestly the only reason I wanted to beat him was for the chance at the exotic bounty, I could care less about the weapon/armor cores + etheric light.

I might try it again one more time before reset, but if we don't down him in an hour I'm not gonna bother. I'll do solar burn Skolas again, but if they do arc burn Skolas in the future I'm staying far away. You know it's a poorly designed fight when even fully ascended weapons aren't able to bring down the boss. Like you have to have a very specific loadout for that fight (final round & field scout arc snipers with high impact), and if you don't have them, you're missing out on that extra bit of DPS that is needed to finish him off before you get swarmed by adds. We had ascended arc LDRs, but they didn't have those perks so we couldn't do enough damage by the end. We were unloading full clips of LDRs and Thunderlords into him and then it goes to shit and you have to get the mines / move the debuff around / avoid adds that spam arc bullet and melees.

I don't rant about this kind of stuff very often, but I just didn't have fun with this fight at all. It's awful.

Ken

That should be obvious given the glitches on Atheon and Crota.

Don't worry, knowing Bungie they'll patch in 3 or 4 months, just before Comet comes out...

Knowing Bungie they'll increase the rate of random teleporting into middle of the map to promote...idk, skill.

Pretty much how I feel about it. We spent almost four hours on Skolas and came within just 10-15% consistently before we got wrecked by adds. Honestly the only reason I wanted to beat him was for the chance at the exotic bounty, I could care less about the weapon/armor cores + etheric light.

I might try it again one more time before reset, but if we don't down him in an hour I'm not gonna bother. I'll do solar burn Skolas again, but if they do arc burn Skolas in the future I'm staying far away. You know it's a poorly designed fight when even fully ascended weapons aren't able to bring down the boss. Like you have to have a very specific loadout for that fight (final round & field scout arc snipers with high impact), and if you don't have them, you're missing out on that extra bit of DPS that is needed to finish him off before you get swarmed by adds. We had ascended arc LDRs, but they didn't have those perks so we couldn't do enough damage by the end. We were unloading full clips of LDRs and Thunderlords into him and then it goes to shit and you have to get the mines / move the debuff around / avoid adds that spam arc bullet and melees.

I don't rant about this kind of stuff very often, but I just didn't have fun with this fight at all. It's awful.

If you only wanted the bounty why not spam Qodron? Or will it only drop on the first kill of the week.

Yeah it's crazy. You get killed so fast it's not even funny. The fight is bsically impossible without titan bubbles.

Me: Fuck you! How am I supposed to "kill them back", Variks?! There's not enough time!

Knowing Bungie they'll increase the rate of random teleporting into middle of the map to promote...idk, skill.

That pisses me off so fucking much! ://////////////////////////

phen0m24

i'm carrying cosmos_man before anyone else.

Cosmos has ALL the Amiibos.
And a Vex.

He would say you should take me instead. :p

I'm teasing bud - I hope you have fun whatever you end up doing. And you should consider making some funny montages. :)

Carrying+creating content = :) and put up your stream link

Skolas isn't actually that bad if everyone has the right weapons. The only reason my group took so long yesterday is because I didn't.

That Qwhatshisface guy in 34 wasn't hard either if you had an LMG to take down the bubbles. Really, all of the Prison of Elders stuff simply requires the right positioning, proper class makeup and gear. Maybe you'll get screwed over by unpredictable AI behavior and glitches occasionally, but I don't think any of it is that difficult.

Templar and Atheon are still the only challenging fights in the game.

PuMa

Promoting...chaos?

I got teleported halfway through trying to revive someone last night. I wasn't even static before that.

Ken

Promoting...chaos?

I got teleported halfway through trying to revive someone last night. I wasn't even static before that.

"This is an activity that was designed to be undertaken by a hardcore team that is ready and willing to adapt and improvise to changing battle conditions,”

Cosmos has ALL the Amiibos.
And a Vex.

He would say you should take me instead. :p

I'm teasing bud - I hope you have fun whatever you end up doing. And you should consider making some funny montages. :)

Carrying+creating content = :) and put up your stream link

my stream is the same as my PSN

twitch.tv/twilightgap/profile

i might get my own laptop soon. i'll be able to stream more regularly when i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom