• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Gorilla

Banned
"This is an activity that was designed to be undertaken by a hardcore team that is ready and willing to adapt and improvise to changing battle conditions,”

If by "adapt and improvise" they meant "not even bother trying legit because its impossible and simply find the best blitzing options" then mission accomplished!

ocean

Banned
Skolas against Patience & Time x3: so rough. None of us have any higher impact a Arc snipers, we're doing 7.6k per crit (WoL).

First time since launch I feel I'm held back by weaponry :/

hydruxo

Knowing Bungie they'll increase the rate of random teleporting into middle of the map to promote...idk, skill.

If you only wanted the bounty why not spam Qodron? Or will it only drop on the first kill of the week.

As far as I know it only drops the first kill of the week per character, but I'll do Qodron on my other characters probably. Just not gonna bother doing Skolas multiple times because it's not worth the time.

Dear lord. What did you do?

Well they certainly accomplished that.

I like to organize stuff.

You should see my backlog control sheet lol

is this a weapon tier list? it looks pretty solid. i'm not exactly sure what your colors over the names mean though.

No. Those are just all my weapons organized with damage, type of gun and rarity. RF means the weapon needs reforging. The colors show the "group" they belong to. Brown for VoG. Green for Crota. Blue for PoE. Pink for Queen. Yellow for Trials. :p

vestian is blue though.

Yeah. I think it should be pink too but I used the sorting I saw on planetdestiny. I should change it either way.

nOoblet16

Crota is one of many sons of Oryx, they must be **ota's :p

Here's his favourite one..

LyjRT10.jpg

For the non hindi/urdu speakers here (which means pretty much everyone here except some 4 people)....a vessel is called a Lota :p

No. Those are just all my weapons organized with damage, type of gun and rarity. RF means the weapon needs reforging. The colors show the "group" they belong to. Brown for VoG. Green for Crota. Blue for PoE. Pink for Queen. Yellow for Trials. :p

Oh so the most common ones are listed first? makes more sense then.

Arrrammis

Is it confirmed that you can farm Skolas for exotic bounty? Does it work?
I've heard differing stories some people say that they got one after wiping to the mines in the same character, others say you only have one shot per week per character. (So kill, wipe to mines, switch character without losing the checkpoint, and repeat)

GutZ31

When hardcore twitch streamers are crying about the extreme difficulty of an encounter then a game developer has to know in their heart that they made it too hard.
Or they finally did what they set out to do;
Make the encounters so hard, and un-cheeseable that people say "TO HELL WITH THE MECHANICS! LETS FUCKING GJALLY THAT BITCH!!" and precede to cercomvent the designed steps.

This was clearly worked on for a very long time, and has some pretty good ideas behind it.
It fails in implementing safeguards towards the player to make sure they don't feel like they need (insert gun) to be even close to beating the encounter.
The Trickle modifyer for the Qoudron boss in level 34 is a good example of failing to make an encounter worth trying legit.

I am sure all the modifyers are random, but some of them should be weeded out to be more acceptable for the less ghorny players.

Ken

I like to organize stuff.

You should see my backlog control sheet lol

Yeah. I think it should be pink too but I used the sorting I saw on planetdestiny. I should change it either way.

Blue made sense to me in that you had to go to a Reef vendor to pick it up.

Blue made sense to me in that you had to go to a Reef vendor to pick it up.

Wait. Do I buy the Vestion from Variks or Petra? I thought it was Petra.

So what are the recommended snipers for Skolas arc burn? Can I get a good one from a vendor?

I used the vendor LDR from the last expansion.

Worked fine but the 4 shot mag was annoying. Nami used a 6 shot sniper that was better suited for the encounter.

Dave_6

So what are the recommended snipers for Skolas arc burn? Can I get a good one from a vendor?

Not sure yet about the new ones, but the LDR from the (TDB) Vanguard is still one of the best. P&T probably works well, just has lower impact while taking up an exotic slot.

Deku Tree

Can anyone tell me why is the "Low Grade Humility" that is a random crucible drop considered to be the top or one of the top tier PvP snipers?

PuMa

Higher impact ones are certainly better. Like Efrideet's or LDR. The vendor ones this go around are more mid-to-low range as far as impact goes. You'll want to ascend it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom