• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard differing stories some people say that they got one after wiping to the mines in the same character, others say you only have one shot per week per character. (So kill, wipe to mines, switch character without losing the checkpoint, and repeat)

That sounds like a better idea. Instead of doing full 35 PoE you can do it once and just kill Skolas 3 times.

EDIT: Leveled up arc LDR to 331, anyone need one more for Skolas?

Not sure yet about the new ones, but the LDR from the (TDB) Vanguard is still one of the best. P&T probably works well, just has lower impact while taking up an exotic slot.

I don't recommend P&T because if you use Thunderlord with Field Scout you can basically use it as your main during the whole fight.

Deku Tree

Or they finally did what they set out to do;
Make the encounters so hard, and un-cheeseable that people say "TO HELL WITH THE MECHANICS! LETS FUCKING GJALLY THAT BITCH!!" and precede to cercomvent the designed steps.

This was clearly worked on for a very long time, and has some pretty good ideas behind it.
It fails in implementing safeguards towards the player to make sure they don't feel like they need (insert gun) to be even close to beating the encounter.
The Trickle modifyer for the Qoudron boss in level 34 is a good example of failing to make an encounter worth trying legit.

I am sure all the modifyers are random, but some of them should be weeded out to be more acceptable for the less ghorny players.

I don't think "spam ghorn" can be called "cheesing" although it is "avoiding the mechanics of the encounter" by using the most OP weapon in the game.

I just don't like encounters that are so hard that you easily get one shot or very quickly killed and then you have to wait ten minutes in order for your stuff to cool down or re-charge or countdown in order to have a decent shot at getting it done.

Ken

I don't think "spam ghorn" can be called "cheesing" although it is "avoiding the mechanics of the encounter" by using the most OP weapon in the game.

I just don't like encounters that are so hard that you easily get one shot or very quickly killed and then you have to wait ten minutes in order for your stuff to cool down or re-charge or countdown in order to have a decent shot at getting it done.

They're just getting that MMO feel of wiping in the pull and waiting for DPS cooldowns.

Axoman

Why does Bungie continue to punish the hardcore players?

By this I mean that the people that play every day, work to get every weapon/armor and have stacks of materials.

By the time The Dark Below launched, the hardcore had stocks of ascendant materials ready for the first DLC. The DLC rolls around and we find out the raid armor and weapons take radiant materials, in essence negating the stock piles of ascendant materials.

HoW comes out, the hardcore has stock piles of radiant materials only to find out now we need Etheric Light to upgrade both legendary weapons and armor. Again, this negates the stock piles of the previous upgrading materials.

Now, the materials are still worth something since we can exchange for glimmer/motes/etc., but why continue to be so short sighted merely to limit player progression?

The super hardcore will reach max level in the first week or two regardless of the barriers that Bungie imposes. Many already have 3 characters at max.

The casuals will still take weeks to reach max level, artificial barriers or not.

When comet comes out, there will be another new material needed to upgrade weapons and our stocks of Etheric light will become useless again, all because Bungie continues to limit progression.

Personally, I’d play even more if I was able to reach max level quicker, as at that point, I feel I can just play and not treat it as a job. I never reached level 30 on any character before The Dark Below, but about a month afterwards, I had all 3 characters at level 32 and it was so refreshing to just play and not feel like I always had to get a certain amount of things done per week.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey just a heads up if anyone has "Toa TAK" on their Xbox friends list (not sure if I added him from GAF) maybe trim your friends list a bit.

I was in the nightfall with a buddy and "Toa Tak" jumped in to take the third spot. He was being a loud mouth jerk the moment he came in.
Was talking trash about he came in to carry us and when I told him he had taken the spot of a friend we had already invited. That didn't matter to him at all. Said he had an exotic weapon bounty that needed to be completed and asked what my friend had done for me lately. Haha.
Then he notices that my buddy was playing as his Warlock and starts calling him a pussy and mocking him about how death doesn't apply to him. Just nonsense.
I finally told the guy to shut his mouth and just play and have fun. Mentioned that I've never played with a GAFer that was such a jerk. But I didn't want to boot him cause .... people make mistakes, whatever. Figured he was from GAF and the brotherhood is strong. Note too that Toa TAK spent more time dead than alive during the first part of the strike.
But he chilled out, got quiet and we continued to the Death Walker.

And then..... After we killed the Walker, Tao TAK bolted through the door and advanced to the final boss area and from what im guessing he ran into the final room and took the quickest death he could. We all wiped to orbit because he was alone in the next area and he then very quickly left the fireteam.

I've been a Xbox Live member since the original beta. I've played thousands of online games (everyone knows the horrible randoms in CoD) and I've never had an interaction as bad as that. If the death was accidental he would have apologized or said something. If he felt bad for being rude he would have said something about how he was just joking or he didn't mean to be offensive.
Yeah those things didn't happen.

Happy Huntjng Guardians

phen0m24

I look forward to facing Gkdron in a few weeks.

Hard Mode Enabled™

Whatever you say Hwkdron.

It's a Hawk, it's a drone - INCOMING IT'S HWKDRON

So what happened with Crota?
His daddy didn't want him to be called Crotyx?

Too bad he didn't think of well, other nicknames
Scrota

Crota is one of many sons of Oryx, they must be **ota's :p

Scrota (twin brother of Crota) next raid boss confirmed

I could be GKdron... I'll just stick a 212 at the end.

HARDMODEDRON™

Ninja Turtle crossover confirmed

KNEEL BEFORE ZODRON

Like Nilladon better. :p

Ken

Why does Bungie continue to punish the hardcore players?

By this I mean that the people that play every day, work to get every weapon/armor and have stacks of materials.

By the time The Dark Below launched, the hardcore had stocks of ascendant materials ready for the first DLC. The DLC rolls around and we find out the raid armor and weapons take radiant materials, in essence negating the stock piles of ascendant materials.

HoW comes out, the hardcore has stock piles of radiant materials only to find out now we need Etheric Light to upgrade both legendary weapons and armor. Again, this negates the stock piles of the previous upgrading materials.

Now, the materials are still worth something since we can exchange for glimmer/motes/etc., but why continue to be so short sighted merely to limit player progression?

The super hardcore will reach max level in the first week or two regardless of the barriers that Bungie imposes. Many already have 3 characters at max.

The casuals will still take weeks to reach max level, artificial barriers or not.

When comet comes out, there will be another new material needed to upgrade weapons and our stocks of Etheric light will become useless again, all because Bungie continues to limit progression.

Personally, I’d play even more if I was able to reach max level quicker, as at that point, I feel I can just play and not treat it as a job. I never reached level 30 on any character before The Dark Below, but about a month afterwards, I had all 3 characters at level 32 and it was so refreshing to just play and not feel like I always had to get a certain amount of things done per week.

MMOs.

nOoblet16

Cooks best with three portions of Ballerhorn.
SXyOJJ4.jpg

Kal_El

I'll be home in 45 minutes ready to run crucible for passage coins if anyone wants in. I have 11 but looking for 27+. Good for 3 runs.

LTWood12

Hey just a heads up if anyone has "Toa TAK" on their Xbox friends list (not sure if I added him from GAF) maybe trim your friends list a bit.

I was in the nightfall with a buddy and "Toa Tak" jumped in to take the third spot. He was being a loud mouth jerk the moment he came in.
Was talking trash about he came in to carry us and when I told him he had taken the spot of a friend we had already invited. That didn't matter to him at all. Said he had an exotic weapon bounty that needed to be completed and asked what my friend had done for me lately. Haha.
Then he notices that my buddy was playing as his Warlock and starts calling him a pussy and mocking him about how death doesn't apply to him. Just nonsense.
I finally told the guy to shut his mouth and just play and have fun. Mentioned that I've never played with a GAFer that was such a jerk. But I didn't want to boot him cause .... people make mistakes, whatever. Figured he was from GAF and the brotherhood is strong. Note too that Toa TAK spent more time dead than alive during the first part of the strike.

And then..... After we killed the Walker, Tao TAK bolted through the door and advanced to the final boss area and from what im guessing he ran into the final room and took the quickest death he could. We all wiped to orbit because he was alone in the next area and he then very quickly left the fireteam.

I've been a Xbox Live member since the original beta. I've played thousands of online games (everyone knows the horrible randoms in CoD) and I've never had an interaction as bad as that. If the death was accidental he would have apologized or said something. If he felt bad for being rude he would have said something about how he was just joking or he didn't mean to be offensive.

Happy Hunting Guardians

Wow, that sounds awful.

POE 35 has certainly gotten interesting, been watching destinylfg.net the past 30 minutes while working on stuff and 90% of the entries are people who are 34, have P&T or 4th Horsemen, and want in on a group that is at the boss.

Its at the point now where nobody wants to do POE 35 unless its at the final round and on a week that has a valid 1 minute cheese kill, and this is only the second week. Its always fascinating in video games to see how fast the consensus is reached on the best min/max, I doubt bungie is going to react quickly to the entire POE problem so it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Ken

Happy Huntjng Guardians

Well, there's a Toa TAK on gaf with that gamertag.

this week at bungie

trials stats

next patch non info

whatever video was on the front page of reddit

more info next week

I'm going with

This week at Bungie
  • Trials Stats
  • Slight mention of Key/Skolas loot situation, but no real info about a solution
  • We're going to be at E3!

That's it.

Ken

How many orbs do Sunsingers generate on average? I can usually get 6 at a time with Voidwalker if my aim is right.

There's legend of an exchange student Gate Lord whose name is Long Duk Dron

I'm not sorry

A lot. 2-3 per grenade in Radiance so close to or over 10 depending on Praxic Fire/trash density.

8 is max by default for every class, 9 with a piece of armor that lets you generate extra orbs (Alpha Lupi, Light Beyond Nemesis).

Afaik that's the max for orbs from one special. Sunsingers don't have a nuke but can just spam grenades and get past the cap I think?

Hey just a heads up if anyone has "Toa TAK" on their Xbox friends list (not sure if I added him from GAF) maybe trim your friends list a bit...
When I was a regular in the HaloGAF threads, I saw him post there all the time. Sorry you had such a shitty experience with him. Hopefully he'll man up and apologize for being such a complete asshole.

8 is max by default for every class, 9 with a piece of armor that lets you generate extra orbs (Alpha Lupi, Light Beyond Nemesis).
ah, so it's just one extra for those, got it.

A lot. 2-3 per grenade in Radiance so close to or over 10 depending on Praxic Fire/trash density.

Afaik that's the max for orbs from one special. Sunsingers don't have a nuke but can just spam grenades and get past the cap I think?
hmm, interesting. Don't know how many orbs I'd be able to generate being underleveled for PoE anyway, unless they were already damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom