• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well, there's a Toa TAK on gaf with that gamertag.

When then I guess I added him from the list in the thread.
Things happen.

When I was a regular in the HaloGAF threads, I saw him post there all the time. Sorry you had such a shitty experience with him. Hopefully he'll man up and apologize for being such a complete asshole.

For real though. We all have our moments.
But if I'm jumping into a fireteam I wasn't invited to the first thing I do is ask if they are ok with me jumping in. Then I do my best to blend in and be a good supportive teammate.
Even a quick "hey guys how's it going?" Is common.

Afaik that's the max for orbs from one special. Sunsingers don't have a nuke but can just spam grenades and get past the cap I think?

Exactly. The 8(9) orb cap is supposed to be from a single enemy unit, but that even gets broken sometimes.

Most I've seen is 16 orb generated from 1 attack.

GutZ31

Hey just a heads up if anyone has "Toa TAK" on their Xbox friends list (not sure if I added him from GAF) maybe trim your friends list a bit.

I was in the nightfall with a buddy and "Toa Tak" jumped in to take the third spot. He was being a loud mouth jerk the moment he came in.
Was talking trash about he came in to carry us and when I told him he had taken the spot of a friend we had already invited. That didn't matter to him at all. Said he had an exotic weapon bounty that needed to be completed and asked what my friend had done for me lately. Haha.
Then he notices that my buddy was playing as his Warlock and starts calling him a pussy and mocking him about how death doesn't apply to him. Just nonsense.
I finally told the guy to shut his mouth and just play and have fun. Mentioned that I've never played with a GAFer that was such a jerk. But I didn't want to boot him cause .... people make mistakes, whatever. Figured he was from GAF and the brotherhood is strong. Note too that Toa TAK spent more time dead than alive during the first part of the strike.
But he chilled out, got quiet and we continued to the Death Walker.

And then..... After we killed the Walker, Tao TAK bolted through the door and advanced to the final boss area and from what im guessing he ran into the final room and took the quickest death he could. We all wiped to orbit because he was alone in the next area and he then very quickly left the fireteam.

I've been a Xbox Live member since the original beta. I've played thousands of online games (everyone knows the horrible randoms in CoD) and I've never had an interaction as bad as that. If the death was accidental he would have apologized or said something. If he felt bad for being rude he would have said something about how he was just joking or he didn't mean to be offensive.
Yeah those things didn't happen.

Happy Huntjng Guardians

Come to the dark side, we have friendly guardians!

Seriously, I see a bunch of posts about Xbox gamers searching for help on here, and although they sometimes get the help they need, a large portion of the time they are left unanswered.

I fought with myself which console I would get because most of my real life friends were going Xbox one this gen, but I knew early on many of my online friends would be jumping to PS4.

If you have the means, you have a large community here willing and able to help if you wish to jump to PS4.
This is not fully directed at you alone, as I feel anyone having troubles on destiny xbone should feel at ease if they feel like jumping ship.

We welcome all, as we are all gamers.

LTWood12

Come to the dark side, we have friendly guardians!

Seriously, I see a bunch of posts about Xbox gamers searching for help on here, and although they sometimes get the help they need, a large portion of the time they are left unanswered.

I fought with myself which console I would get because most of my real life friends were going Xbox one this gen, but I knew early on many of my online friends would be jumping to PS4.

If you have the means, you have a large community here willing and able to help if you wish to jump to PS4.
This is not fully directed at you alone, as I feel anyone having troubles on destiny xbone should feel at ease if they feel like jumping ship.

We welcome all, as we are all gamers.

*Gives Gutz a big hug.

Lima

When then I guess I added him from the list in the thread.
Things happen.

For real though. We all have our moments.
But if I'm jumping into a fireteam I wasn't invited to the first thing I do is ask if they are ok with me jumping in. Then I do my best to blend in and be a good supportive teammate.
Even a quick "hey guys how's it going?" Is common.

What a fucking scrub. I will make sure to call him out on every occasion and make sure to never play with him. Should have just kicked him.

phen0m24

POE 35 has certainly gotten interesting, been watching destinylfg.net the past 30 minutes while working on stuff and 90% of the entries are people who are 34, have P&T or 4th Horsemen, and want in on a group that is at the boss.

Its at the point now where nobody wants to do POE 35 unless its at the final round and on a week that has a valid 1 minute cheese kill, and this is only the second week. Its always fascinating in video games to see how fast the consensus is reached on the best min/max, I doubt bungie is going to react quickly to the entire POE problem so it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Bungie update/response:

"We're going to make every round of every PoE have a "burning floor mechanic, and simultaneously give you Trickle while giving the enemy rotating shields.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MOAR! Also we're eliminating the possibility of hitting treasure chests more than once
not as intended
and further increasing the rarity of treasure keys. Etheric light will be removed from ToO as tOo many weapons got ascended in the first few weeks.

No Gjallarhorn will be a modifier in the upcoming PoE and sharding fully leveled legendary gear will now give you 1/8 of an Etheric light.

Sound good? We thought so! XOXOXO"

Deej

GutZ31

*Gives Gutz a big hug.
EtQsON3l.jpg
Ya feel me brah?

daedalius

Hey just a heads up if anyone has "Toa TAK" on their Xbox friends list (not sure if I added him from GAF) maybe trim your friends list a bit.

I was in the nightfall with a buddy and "Toa Tak" jumped in to take the third spot. He was being a loud mouth jerk the moment he came in.
Was talking trash about he came in to carry us and when I told him he had taken the spot of a friend we had already invited. That didn't matter to him at all. Said he had an exotic weapon bounty that needed to be completed and asked what my friend had done for me lately. Haha.
Then he notices that my buddy was playing as his Warlock and starts calling him a pussy and mocking him about how death doesn't apply to him. Just nonsense.
I finally told the guy to shut his mouth and just play and have fun. Mentioned that I've never played with a GAFer that was such a jerk. But I didn't want to boot him cause .... people make mistakes, whatever. Figured he was from GAF and the brotherhood is strong. Note too that Toa TAK spent more time dead than alive during the first part of the strike.
But he chilled out, got quiet and we continued to the Death Walker.

And then..... After we killed the Walker, Tao TAK bolted through the door and advanced to the final boss area and from what im guessing he ran into the final room and took the quickest death he could. We all wiped to orbit because he was alone in the next area and he then very quickly left the fireteam.

I've been a Xbox Live member since the original beta. I've played thousands of online games (everyone knows the horrible randoms in CoD) and I've never had an interaction as bad as that. If the death was accidental he would have apologized or said something. If he felt bad for being rude he would have said something about how he was just joking or he didn't mean to be offensive.
Yeah those things didn't happen.

Happy Huntjng Guardians

Wow wtf

Only played once before with him, but it was just for the last boss on VoG.

Just finished PoE lvl32 and my 4yr old turns the PS4 off before I can open the chest. Dammit kid, lol.

Oh well, just sucks since I can't play again until Sunday.

that sounds awful and is definitely unexpected for DGAF. do you have a link to the game history or a clip saved? Toa isnt exactly a random so at least give him a chance to explain

this is one reason why some modes just wont work with matchmaking. it's too easy for one person to abuse the encounter design and interrupt the run for others.

I know that. Just wanted the armor core for the armor I wont wear outside of PoE. Lol

Doesn't the armor core just drop when someone opens the chest or did you not make it to the chest at all?
I have been tagging along with a couple of PoE32s and 34s today but I didn't open the chest because I don't have the keys.
I feel so empty-handed when I beat Qodron and walk out with 2 Strange Coins and 5 Spirit Bloom haha.

Skolas not down, gave up :(

I think the Gjalla stuff last week really gave people a false sense of security in doing the boss. "Oh we took him down so easily, let's do it against with arc snipers". But alot of times that won't work unless you land fast consecutive headshots, so you end up having to disarm mines and pass around the disease whilst dodging the vandals/dregs/shanks(Captains don't use any arc weaponry.).

At that point you have to start realistically clearing out vandals/dregs whilst maneuvering around the arena(Skolas doesn't do alot of damage surprisingly enough.)

The fight is still in the honeymoon phase of people having to learn it and it's mechanics. People have become complacent sitting in one spot and trying to rush down the fight(Which surprisingly enough, people tried to do with the level 34 fight. Instead of playing around with the mechanic, they try to avoid it and end up just failing and giving up). So they end up blaming the fight itself and not themselves.

I dislike seeing that. It's doable. I did the level 34 fight the first day, formulated a strategy based around keeping track of the eye/sticking to the right side/rotating DPS It's doable, yet people are completely complaining at how impossible the level 34 fight is.

Datto put up a strategy guide for Skolas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBibsyqZsk

Ken

Anyone know what the minimum level is to go to the Reef?

I dislike seeing that. It's doable. I did the level 34 fight the first day, formulated a strategy based around keeping track of the eye/sticking to the right side/rotating DPS It's doable.

If someone shoots the Eye's head off they'll have it aggro'd and following that person everywhere.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
that sounds awful and is definitely unexpected for DGAF. do you have a link to the game history or a clip saved? Toa isnt exactly a random so at least give him a chance to explain

this is one reason why some modes just wont work with matchmaking. it's too easy for one person to abuse the encounter design and interrupt the run for others.

No game clip at all. I have a witness though. And he was very upset afterwards. He prompted me to make the post letting people know.

The reason I didn't boot him right away though was because he had a bounty he was doing.
Like I said people make mistakes and I said what I felt like I needed to to get him to chill out. If things would have gone smooth from that point on then I was fine with it and he still gets his bounty completed.

Things didn't go well. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom