• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

You know, I wonder if we'll ever see PoE gear with abilities that increase damage to bosses or something. There may be some gear that could make a big difference for the ore difficult encounters.

The current perks on it are actually good, especially on the chest piece. You gain a shit ton of armor and recovery. It just sucks that you would have to carry 4 of the same chest piece around to switch according to the enemy you are fighting. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Turtle and Jaguar.

Up for POE 35x3. Have arc vale with tracking and field scout and violator with unflinching and outlaw. Skolas will die.

[/B]

I already posted a video of a top tier Destiny twitch streamer talking (basically crying) about their experiences with the Skolas Arc Burn level 35 fight this week. What you describe sure wasn't their experience... not even in the same ball park.

EDIT: here it is again: http://youtu.be/VRixkDiNenY

I'm glad that my experience is overriden in lieu of this guy complaining about it. Edit-Holy shit he is such a damn whiner. 'Boo hoo I want to use my gjallahorn.' Holy shit. I can't believe you take this guys word as bible in terms of how difficult it is.

Oh so you were only talking about the weakest enemies in the Skolas arena? Gotcha.

You mean the only other enemies that spawn in the skolas encounter? Because only red bar enemies spawn in the Skolas arena. Unless you're talking about the other rounds? Because I'm not talking about the other rounds.

Cmon weekly update

Give me that thorn nerf

CZoUG4r.gif

one can dream

Hung Wei Lo

For Comet (The Taken King), I'd like Bungie to implement several things:

- In-game group list

Oh gosh this. I'd love to be able to hover over a planet and see the "x number of friends here" and to actually see who is there. Taking this further, I'd like to see a sortable friend's list - by clan, or to be able to flag certain friends (heck, I want to see something like this with the PSN friends list...)

The past few days I've been battling the forces of darkness across the solar system for one purpose: plasteel plating. It's all that's been holding my Titan back from vaulting to level 32 (currently at 30, but this haul began at level 28). I needed hundreds to level her gear.

My Warlock and Hunter funnel their armor engrams to the vault for her, while the Titan burns through glimmer grabbing green armor engrams from the Cryptarch to dismantle for the precious material. Just now, my Warlock finished up the House of Wolves story mission, then her inaugural trip through Prison of Elders (complete with chest key), coming out with over 10,000 glimmer. The Titan burns through it at the Cryptarch for plasteel, and I finally get 50, enough to get through the nodes that require it on my helm and armor and reach level 31.

Or I could, if I hadn't run out of glimmer. :lol

I can imagine the pain. God bless the loot cave, I never had to spend actual glimmer for armor mats.

Thanks Turtle and Jaguar.

Up for POE 35x3. Have arc vale with tracking and field scout and violator with unflinching and outlaw. Skolas will die.

Oh he will die, after you die to mines, or being radomly sniped, or a dregs tracer bullets following you around several corners but that's just because Skolas is a bastard :p

Deku Tree

I'm glad that my experience is overriden in lieu of this guy complaining about it. Edit-Holy shit he is such a damn whiner. 'Boo hoo I want to use my gjallahorn.' Holy shit. I can't believe you take this guys word as bible in terms of how difficult it is.

You mean the only other enemies that spawn in the skolas encounter? Because only red bar enemies spawn in the Skolas arena. Unless you're talking about the other rounds? Because I'm not talking about the other rounds.

Settle down. I'm pointing out that there are other legitimate and valid points of view on the counter. Ones that come from very widely known high-level players. That is all.

Come to the dark side, we have friendly guardians!

Seriously, I see a bunch of posts about Xbox gamers searching for help on here, and although they sometimes get the help they need, a large portion of the time they are left unanswered.

I fought with myself which console I would get because most of my real life friends were going Xbox one this gen, but I knew early on many of my online friends would be jumping to PS4.

If you have the means, you have a large community here willing and able to help if you wish to jump to PS4.
This is not fully directed at you alone, as I feel anyone having troubles on destiny xbone should feel at ease if they feel like jumping ship.

We welcome all, as we are all gamers.
well said! and i concur, i think an apology from the offending party to the offended is in order.

Lothars

I feel a bit silly as I had no idea about the bolded.

Though, I will say I don't feel like there is a "clear out adds" phase, because the adds seem to just keep coming.
. It's because the clear out adds phase doesn't end, they just keep coming and coming. I haven't seen a point in that fight where they stop.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Settle down. I'm pointing out that there are other legitimate and valid points of view on the counter. Ones that come from very widely known high-level players. That is all.

I don't understand what makes his viewpoint legitimate.

If you're primary strategy is to kill the boss before other mechanics kick in during a fight, you shouldn't be considered a high-level player.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm glad to see Bungie has finally built an encounter that no one has cheesed yet. I'm looking forward to a non-burn week. The longer I play, the more I feel that the burn modifiers are bad for the game. They put too much focus elemental primaries which disregards a large portion of the sandbox and they enable too many quick kills of bosses.

Navy Bean

Posted this before, wanted to give people a heads up again, will probably post this again just so everyone knows what's up.

In regards to ToO lighthouse runs:

So for the few Xbox folks who signed up: I should be on Saturday in the afternoon (around 11 EST, or earlier) for some time, and again in the evening thinking closer to 8 or 9 EST.

Sunday should be the same.

And like I said before, I'm no pro. I can't guarantee a trip to the Lighthouse. But I can guarantee a good time for all! No pressure fun, with rewards, what more can we hope for?

Also, if there are any XBO pros, please join and help out!

I'll add everyone who signed up sometime soon here, or add me if you want. Hoping to play some practice tonight and tomorrow so invite/join if you see me on. By practice I mean just playing crucible, nothing too fancy.

Pretty sure you're already on my list (dmh33). Should be fun and thanks for GUARANTEEING 9-0 Mercury!

Posted this before, wanted to give people a heads up again, will probably post this again just so everyone knows what's up.

In regards to ToO lighthouse runs:

So for the few Xbox folks who signed up: I should be on Saturday in the afternoon (around 11 EST, or earlier) for some time, and again in the evening thinking closer to 8 or 9 EST.

Sunday should be the same.

And like I said before, I'm no pro. I can't guarantee a trip to the Lighthouse. But I can guarantee a good time for all! No pressure fun, with rewards, what more can we hope for?

Also, if there are any XBO pros, please join and help out!

I'll add everyone who signed up sometime soon here, or add me if you want. Hoping to play some practice tonight and tomorrow so invite/join if you see me on. By practice I mean just playing crucible, nothing too fancy.

Yo! I missed the sign up. Where can I find it?

Lnkn52

Hi everyone! (For new page, I'll be spamming this today, also please do not quote the whole post below)

I'm building a list to figure out how many members here on DGAF that have yet to reach Mercury. Once that list is built, it will be shared among the volunteers below. Please fill out the form accordingly.

How about us that have gone to Mercury and want to go again?
We want to give priority to those that have not yet gone, but once the list dwindle down, we will open it for everyone.

Where do we sign up?
http://goo.gl/forms/OqO9tB43LX

Team A (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Ej Robinson
  2. Tears of Blood
  3. GAF Member

Team B (Friday - Sunday)
  1. Unstable
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

Team C (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. Zoba
  2. Nghtly
  3. GAF Member

Team Xbox (Saturday & Sunday)
  1. WizzNARD
  2. GAF Member
  3. GAF Member

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

I don't understand what makes his viewpoint legitimate.

If you're primary strategy is to kill the boss before other mechanics kick in during a fight, you shouldn't be considered a high-level player.

The whole point of burning a boss is to not have to deal with multiple mechanics at the same time, as someone who has raided in several top guilds in the world in different MMO's I can sure as hell guarantee that we burnt bosses at several points when we didn't want to deal with large amounts of shit going down.

I'm glad to see Bungie has finally built an encounter that no one has cheesed yet. I'm looking forward to a non-burn week. The longer I play, the more I feel that the burn modifiers are bad for the game. They put too much focus elemental primaries which disregards a large portion of the sandbox and they enable too many quick kills of bosses.

they definitely trivialize the difficulty. omnigul would probably be a decent strike with no burns (or maybe it was ass, i don't remember). arc burn however is the dumbest thing i've ever played. and then you have solar burn where she dies in all of 3 seconds.

Arrrammis

Here's what I think would be interesting in PvP: double everyone's health. No one-shots (except for supers) and it makes it harder for a single person to carry a match, making the entire thing more focused on team play. You won't be one shorted by a sniper (or felwinters lie) from across the map with no ability to react. This means getting the drop on an opponent gives you a big advantage, but is not an instant kill like it is now.

Ikkarus

I feel like I am the only person here who hasn't played PoE level 35 and faced Skolas.
I faced him for the first time yesterday. Wiped about 4 times only for our fireteam leader to get fed up and then quit consequently kicking me and the other guy out of the party. :(

Hi everyone!

If there are more volunteers, please let me know so I can share the list with you. I'll be sending a PM to the volunteers tonight to confirm the logistics. Once again, thank you volunteers for being great and for helping.

I signed up. I need to reach Mercury! I'll probably run Titan but can run Hunter if needed. I average 1.5 for both Titan and Hunter in normal Crucible so I should be a decent team mate.

they definitely trivialize the difficulty. omnigul would probably be a decent strike with no burns (or maybe it was ass, i don't remember). arc burn however is the dumbest thing i've ever played. and then you have solar burn where she dies in all of 3 seconds.

Skolas should not have any elemental burns whatsoever. It either makes the fight stupidly annoying or stupidly easy. I would be fine if they put some of the other modifies on, like juggler or trickle, just don't make nearly everything in the room one shot us. That does nothing to make it interesting it just makes it way more difficult than what would be considered challenging but fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom