• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bungie put out video of the reef a long time ago too. They do that.

I understand that (they even had the Lighthouse cinematic in a trailer) but seems really odd to release a full picture of an exotic that people have speculated about for a long time, ever since before the Dark Below, and then have it be the only one of those released pictures that is not included.

EL CUCO

you can buy etheric light at iron banner rank 3?

dang

ascend all day erryday
The fact that it's purchasable at rank 3 and 5 leads me to believe it's a one time purchase per rank.

That'll definitely motivate me to rank up IB on all 3 toons. So many good weapons.

Xur selling Vesta Dynasty tomorrow, he'll show you.

I hope he has something new, at least. Gonna buy some stuff and then my break feom Destiny continues.

RetroMG

Etheric Light is available for purchase at [Iron Banner] Rank 3 and Rank 5

Did we know this? I'm probably more likely to go do the Banner this time around now.

EDIT: Actually, Rank 3 and Rank 5? We're only going to be able to buy one, aren't we?

BuzzJive

188,442 = Players visited the Mercurial promised land

299,001 = Guardians scored a perfect scorecard

Thousands of skilled dumbasses didn't get their loot? Did I read that right?

My buddy took all 3 of his guardians to Mercury. He'd be 1 player with 3 guardians.

RetroMG

My buddy took all 3 of his guardians to Mercury. He'd be 1 player with 3 guardians.

Or they could actually be counting how many perfect scorcards were achieved. (I'm sure Unstable achieved many perfect scorecards, but would only be counted as going to Mercury once.)

It'd be stupid, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Hey guys I bought the expansion pass about 2 weeks ago but still haven't stepped foot into crotas end,I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take me and show me the ropes.

Kyne

if you could buy multiple etheric lights after reaching rank 3/5 there'd be no reason to advertise being able to get it at rank 5.

you'll be able to buy one at rank 3 and one at rank 5. Iron Banner is not as tedious as ToO and there will be multiple GAF trains. Hell, I'll lead one myself. Honestly there's no reason people shouldn't be able to get all their characters to 34 after next week. Can anyone confirm whether or not the x2 pieces available (arms/legs) will come at max light level already? That'd be icing on the cake.

Trakan

So right now, it is an exotic without a grimoire, and the only one of it's kind.

Wouldn't be the first time they fucked up Grimoire, either.

I want it to be real, lol.

347-Vesta-Dynasty.png

Haybro

Hey guys I bought the expansion pass about 2 weeks ago but still haven't stepped foot into crotas end,I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take me and show me the ropes.

You should definitely check out Hawkian's weekly raid for CE newbies. In fact it usually runs tonight, but may be full for this week.

Looking to do PoE 34. No Gjallarhorn, but I'm ready to tackle Qodron and his insidious Eye and try out the huddle-with-shotties strat. Anyone brave enough to roll with me?

LFG
34 Titan
Blinding Bubble
#Experienced
40+ Crota Kills
No Gjallarhorn
No BMW
No Booker Prize
No Model Trophy Wife

Once more unto the breach <3

Trakan

By that logic the reef should have been in Vanilla Destiny right next to old Chicago:

house-of-wolves-reef-social.gif

That's from a viddoc from like a couple of years ago isn't it? This is promo images from like a month ago. If it was retooled after the HOW delay, then why wouldn't they edit the images?

funkypie

Banned
Need one more for Poe lvl 34 at last boss. Need someone with experience of it .

Looking to do PoE 34. No Gjallarhorn, but I'm ready to tackle Qodron and his insidious Eye and try out the huddle-with-shotties strat. Anyone brave enough to roll with me?

LFG
34 Titan
Blinding Bubble
#Experienced
40+ Crota Kills
No Gjallarhorn
No BMW
No Booker Prize
No Model Trophy Wife

Once more unto the breach <3

Add pieboy1234

Daemul

188,442 = Players visited the Mercurial promised land

299,001 = Guardians scored a perfect scorecard

Thousands of skilled dumbasses didn't get their loot? Did I read that right?

188,442 = XBL/PSN Accounts

299,001 = Characters(this includes alts)

Have we seen the Fate of All Fools, yet? Maybe it got reskinned along with its new weapon perks.

Did the guy who has one post anything new about it?

Ramirez

Hopefully it means TTK sees a September release and we have a more steady stream of content.

The only way the game is going to get a steady stream of content is if it moves to a sub model of some type. People want MMO levels of content without paying the MMO sub, kinda strange to me.

Spent hours trying to do Skolas earlier and ultimately had to bail. I can't believe how difficult these higher level Arenas were designed. They are grueling to do "correctly" and super-quick to cheese. They are in dire need of adjustment.

The only way the game is going to get a steady stream of content is if it moves to a sub model of some type. People want MMO levels of content without paying the MMO sub, kinda strange to me.
Well, adding another development team has to be an attempt to speed development nonetheless.

Spent hours trying to do Skolas earlier and ultimately had to bail. I can't believe how difficult these higher level Arenas were designed. They are grueling to do "correctly" and super-quick to cheese. They are in dire need of adjustment.
When it comes to higher level stuff I'm amazed at how much cheese there is to these encounters. I hear about that stuff all the time.

Ran this week's nightfall last night with a buddy and in following his lead almost every battle came down to camping a squat where enemies couldn't reach us and slowly picking away at everything's excruciatingly long yellow bar and popping ammo synthesis every so often. If anything it was boredom that led to us getting wiped. Not doing that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom