• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
this gif has fallen walking around :(

A Devil Fallen I think

By that logic the reef should have been in Vanilla Destiny right next to old Chicago:

house-of-wolves-reef-social.gif

Terminus was showed too.

ocean

Banned
Spent hours trying to do Skolas earlier and ultimately had to bail. I can't believe how difficult these higher level Arenas were designed. They are grueling to do "correctly" and super-quick to cheese. They are in dire need of adjustment.
I was there for 3:42:17. Two of us using P&T and one Spear meant our sniper DPS was barely adequate. A few missed headshots = several "ammo grab" runs while Special Synth cooled. Using P&T also meant no Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord for mob cleanup.

We were close many times but the margin for error is razor thin if you're not shotgun melting the guy. You gotta land enough headshots to stagger him to stop him from killing you / teleporting. By the time mines are coming up our hunter had to lay off the DPS to go invisible an grab the point. By then a million enemies have spawned, I need special ammo synthesis, bubble is about to break, Skolas isn't staggered anymore so he's probably in my face and there's a curse I need to carefully time the passing around of.

It's tense and has the basis for a fun engagement but it's so easy to wipe over the slightest missteps that it was more frustrating than anything. It wasn't like my first Atheon or Crota (omg yes!!!), it was more like...geez, finally.

Maybe it was a mistake to attempt this without high-impact Arc snipers but damn. It's a little too much considering the weak payoff.

If, like Atheon, you were guaranteed elemental primaries I'd be on board to keep running this. As it is, it allows me to roll at the PoE vendor for the same stuff he'll eventually sell regardless (kinetic primaries, shank killing special/heavy lol or Fallen armor).

I'm all for hard content. 9-0 in ToO is uber difficult for most players, but the attending rewards are commensurate to the difficulty. Skolas just feels a little too hard for a small payoff.

todd360

When I look at you all... I SEE NOTHING, BUT A BUNCH OF WHINY MAGGOTS!!!

CARRY ME WAHHHHH CARRY ME WAHHHH!!

Its time to whip you slackers into shape. When i'm done with you, you'll be standing tall next to that unstable fellow (Get that man a stability patch). This is it men. The training train.

Learn to love death’s ink-black shadow as much as you love the light of the traveler.

We will play clash to get as many people practicing shooting moving objects as possible. It is time to rend our enemies. The train starts as soon as I get 5 people.

Hawkian be with us all.

Join up on me toddv360 psn

I was there for 3:42:17. Two of us using P&T and one Spear meant our sniper DPS was barely adequate. A few missed headshots = several "ammo grab" runs while Special Synth cooled. Using P&T also meant no Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord for mob cleanup.

We were close many times but the margin for error is razor thin if you're not shotgun melting the guy. You gotta land enough headshots to stagger him to stop him from killing you / teleporting. By the time mines are coming up our hunter had to lay off the DPS to go invisible an grab the point. By then a million enemies have spawned, I need special ammo synthesis, bubble is about to break, Skolas isn't staggered anymore so he's probably in my face and there's a curse I need to carefully time the passing around of.

It's tense and has the basis for a fun engagement but it's so easy to wipe over the slightest missteps that it was more frustrating than anything. It wasn't like my first Atheon or Crota (omg yes!!!), it was more like...geez, finally.

Maybe it was a mistake to attempt this without high-impact Arc snipers but damn. It's a little too much considering the weak payoff.

If, like Atheon, you were guaranteed elemental primaries I'd be on board to keep running this. As it is, it allows me to roll at the PoE vendor for the same stuff he'll eventually sell regardless (kinetic primaries, shank killing special/heavy lol or Fallen armor).

I'm all for hard content. 9-0 in ToO is uber difficult for most players, but the attending rewards are commensurate to the difficulty. Skolas just feels a little too hard for a small payoff.

This was my experience about an hour ago, minus the (shitty) rewards since I had to finally throw the in the towel.

No checkpoints makes this ultimately the worst piece of gaming I have ever experienced.

I won't rerun to poe until there is better balance or someone who is at the boss invites me.

When I look at you all... I SEE NOTHING, BUT A BUNCH OF WHINY MAGGOTS!!!

CARRY ME WAHHHHH CARRY ME WAHHHH!!

Its time to whip you slackers into shape. When i'm done with you, you'll be standing tall next to that unstable fellow (Get that man a stability patch). This is it men. The training train.

Learn to love death’s ink-black shadow as much as you love the light of the traveler.

We will play clash to get as many people practicing shooting moving objects as possible. It is time to rend our enemies. The train starts as soon as I get 5 people.

Hawkian be with us all.

Join up on me toddv360 psn

There's a joke about only learning to kill titans to be had, but I can't quite find it.

Nothing again from Skolas. :(

O;

It's laaame. His drops are weird. Like sometime everyone gets something, and sometimes nobody gets anything.

Well... I'll check the footage again but I'm pretty sure all I got was an UNCOMMON gautlet... Not even kidding. From Lv 35 PoE Skolas Arc Burn. :/

My new helmet. Perks suck ass though.
CGINPotWkAA48QQ.jpg:orig

Am I the only one that sees 2 white eyes, very tiny black iris' and 2 thick eyebrows on top? That helmet is totally a derp face to me. lol

Namikaze1

Well... I'll check the footage again but I'm pretty sure all I got was an UNCOMMON gautlet... Not even kidding. From Lv 35 PoE Skolas Arc Burn. :/

Am I the only one that sees 2 white eyes, very tiny black iris' and 2 thick eyebrows on top? That helmet is totally a derp face to me. lol
I hate you. Can't unsee now.

ocean

Banned
This was my experience about an hour ago, minus the (shitty) rewards since I had to finally throw the in the towel.

No checkpoints makes this ultimately the worst piece of gaming I have ever experienced.

I won't rerun to poe until there is better balance or someone who is at the boss invites me.
Noomi had to go after 2 hours of frustration. Sucks knowing I got there with him, it was his invitation but now he doesn't have a checkpoint:/

Oh and my reward: same fusion rifle being sold by the vendor. Whatever I got my shader. I'll be very excited for this fight when there's no burn so I can run it legit without a ton of bullshit wipes in between.

Trakan

Stats are good but the perks suck.

Perks:
Light of the Blade: Grenades hits restore melee energy
Inverse Shadow
Cabal Arbiter (was hoping for Fallen)

That's like the perfect helm IMO. The first tier of perks will always suck and the last one is situational anyway. Inverse shadow and int/dis is great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom