• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same exact as last week.

What about Fate of all Fools? Where is that gun?

No idea. It obviously exists, as someone has it. Destiny Tracker believes the quest chain exists in-game currently, but no one has yet to receive it.

I'd guess it's a quest/bounty that drops from the chest on Mercury or something.

hydruxo

I've got some bad news:

Chances are it's dead, jim.

Signs point to 347 Vesta Dynasty was scrapped and repurposed as the Vestian Dynasty. Evidence for this is as follows:

• Both weapons had the exact same Flavor Text
  • The names are incredibly similar
  • Vestian Dynasty is the only Legendary weapon to have a Grimoire.

347 Dynasty also had its icon redone with the "II" in the corner too though, that was data mined. Nobody has gotten to rank 3 yet with Petra so it's still a possibility. The fact that they have the same flavor text might actually contribute to the theory that it could turn into the exotic. Not saying it's gonna happen, but until it's proven otherwise it's possible.

Kalamari

I rolled an Ambush, Hidden Hand, Hand-laid stock, and Unflinching Low-grade Humility. So close to perfect, Ima keep it for now. I'll probably go for the Shortgaze when I get another Low-grade drop.

Deku Tree

There were some among you who took nefarious action against your opponents. Our intrepid team of investigators has diagnosed the most egregious cheaters among us. If you earned your victories by sinister means, you may very well have also earned a temporary (or permanent) time-out.

Hopefully that's really true. If we see more lag dancers and more DDoS attacks then we'll know one way or the other.

Hmm

You’ve had plenty to say about House of Wolves since we set you on the hunt. This is what the Live Team is talking about right now:
-#Olive error codes and other Crucible disconnects (see above)
-Mercury Emblems that don’t appear in inventories
--Treasure Key famine, and the farmers who need relief
Ammo synthesis that piles up in your inventories
-Quests, Ships, or Shaders not being granted by Prison of Elders
-Encounters with known Prison inmate bosses

Deku Tree

No idea. It obviously exists, as someone has it. Destiny Tracker believes the quest chain exists in-game currently, but no one has yet to receive it.

I'd guess it's a quest/bounty that drops from the chest on Mercury or something.

300k guardians went to Mercury and we haven't seen the fate of all fools bounty. Those are crazy low probability odds if it's RNG from the chest.

nOoblet16

I wonder what it means when he says Etheric light will be available to purchase at rank 3 AND rank 5. If something is available at rank 3 that means it's available to everything above it.

I think it might mean you can buy ONE Etheric light when you hit rank 3 and another one at rank 5.

zewone

The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation

Best info of the whole update. Only took 8 months to get off their lazy asses and create a separate playlist for PlayStation. I can't imagine that was much effort.

347 Dynasty also had its icon redone with the "II" in the corner too though, that was data mined. Nobody has gotten to rank 3 yet with Petra so it's still a possibility. The fact that they have the same flavor text might actually contribute to the theory that it could turn into the exotic. Not saying it's gonna happen, but until it's proven otherwise it's possible.

The upgrade doesn't quite make sense, seeing as 347 is a Scout Rifle.

This biggest tip off here is that there isn't an empty grimoire slot under Primary weapons (or any other weapon types)

So right now, it is an exotic without a grimoire, and the only one of it's kind.

Chances are the weapon is still in production and isn't in the live game at all.

300k guardians went to Mercury and we haven't seen the fate of all fools bounty. Those are crazy low probability odds if it's RNG from the chest.

Unless they pulled a Crux and it wasn't in the loot table the first week?

I wonder what it means when he says Etheric light will be available to purchase at rank 3 AND rank 5. If something is available at rank 3 that means it's available to everything above it.

I think it might mean you can buy ONE Etheric light when you hit rank 3 and another one at rank 5.

Yeah I think that too...one EL at rank 3 and maybe two EL at rank 5?

todd360

188,442 = Players visited the Mercurial promised land

299,001 = Guardians scored a perfect scorecard

Thousands of skilled dumbasses didn't get their loot? Did I read that right?

High Moon Studios worked on the old gen versions of COD:AW. What could they be doing for Bungie? Crucible maps? Old gen ports? Didn't Bungie internally develop all 4 versions of Destiny?

Kyne

Yo where the fuck is my thorn nerf

Okay unreal expectations but at least acknowledge that hand cannons are the definition of competitive pvp

Deku Tree

Meh. I already have four etheric light in my vault and I'm waiting to use it until I find out the Burns for next week. Granted I have a lot to upgrade but I also have enough 365 weapons to be OP in just about any activity.

Don't really feel the need to grind IB for Etheric light. Maybe I'll play IB just for fun though.

LTWood12

As posted before, really cool map of death

too_time_heatmap.jpg

zewone

The bounty drop could have been blocked by the guaranteed emblem and exotic.

This week we'll know for sure.

Rubenov

lol, me and 5 of my mates, who all have the exotic ToO emblem, were just playing clash and we got MM with another 6 man fireteam who also all had the exotic ToO emblem. The game started off slowly with no one taking risks and trying to feel each other out, but then it all kicked off when one of my mates killed one of their players and teabagged him.

Shit went crazy from there, you had everyone running around like a headless chickens into multiple enemies just to kill one guy who had teabagged him to try and teabag him back. One guy killed the mate of mine who had started off the whole craziness and started dancing on his corpse, but didn't pay attention to his surroundings and the mate of mine who he had just killed managed to spawn in, run to where he had been killed, found the guy still there dancing, then he felwintered him, and started dancing on his corpse in retaliation.
KuGsj.gif

The match was full of ridiculous shit like this, no one was even playing properly and the timer ran out before anyone reached 10k points. You had people sending each other voice messages afterwards and ripping into one another, voice messages which I can't write down here since it it would probably be deleted by a mod lol

It was brilliant though, I haven't seen such banter in a console shooter game for a long time.

WOW... haha

hydruxo

This biggest tip off here is that there isn't an empty grimoire slot under Primary weapons (or any other weapon types)

So right now, it is an exotic without a grimoire, and the only one of it's kind.

Chances are the weapon is still in production and isn't in the live game at all.

Unless they pulled a Crux and it wasn't in the loot table the first week?

It being a scout rifle is irrelevant really, I mean they could just have it upgrade to it without explanation. It doesn't matter if it changes weapon type. It not having grimoire is a fair point, but since the sidearm does, it's possible they just left out the grimoire for the exotic or forgot to add another one. Stranger things have happened. I'm still holding out hope that it exists.

Still doesn't explain why this was released as part of the press stuff.

347-vesta-dynasty-exotic-review.png

LTWood12

The changes to Iron Banner sound fantastic. I'll be interested to see what the xp buff actually ends up being on your other characters...
Here’s a summary of what’s new:
  • Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly
  • Rewards cost less Glimmer - the grind is less real
  • Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5
  • The Gunsmith has inherited Lord Saladin’s weapon reforging service
  • Power still matters, and it matters a little more as the delta between two players increases
  • The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation

Trakan

I've got some bad news:

Chances are it's dead, jim.

Signs point to 347 Vesta Dynasty was scrapped and repurposed as the Vestian Dynasty. Evidence for this is as follows:

• Both weapons had the exact same Flavor Text
  • The names are incredibly similar
  • Vestian Dynasty is the only Legendary weapon to have a Grimoire.

The weapon was used in multiple promo shots for House of Wolves. Pretty weird that they wouldn't take those out if the weapon no longer existed. I realize it's a possibility though.

It being a scout rifle is irrelevant really, I mean they could just have it upgrade to it without explanation. It doesn't matter if it changes weapon type. It not having grimoire is a fair point, but since the sidearm does, it's possible they just left out the grimoire for the exotic or forgot to add another one. Stranger things have happened. I'm still holding out hope that it exists.

Grasping at straws here, man. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom