• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP-DK

Awww yeah at gauntlet engrams, im gonna spend all my motes.

I know I a few days ago bitched over the lvl 34 boss fight, but after playing it again last night, I dont think its that bad at all. 4th Horseman can blow through the detainment shield with ease even without the jailbreaker buff, and if you just stay at the left corner the silver guys will come over to you.

.Team first try with Driz.

The determined will always prevail. Congrats!

I need Drizzay in my PoE crew this weekend. That Drizzy touch.

Anyone else streaming? Need to kill time @ work lol.

Haha just happy it went that smoothly. Some Motes and Spirit Bloom not bad for 9 minutes of work. Also, gave me good Destiny karma when I bought 3 engrams and got:

NfBRll1.jpg

Not sure if I should push my luck for the third one...

Siaynoqq

Someone was nice enough to give me the skolas checkpoint. Anyone interested in trying it with me? I did a run successfully earlier. My sniper is 331 and I'm a warlock. We will need at least one Titan (two preferable) with 365 arc snipers. Willing to try 4th horseman strategy if anyone knows it well.

Jinjo

Haha just happy it went that smoothly. Some Motes and Spirit Bloom not bad for 9 minutes of work. Also, gave me good Destiny karma when I bought 3 engrams and got:

NfBRll1.jpg

Some people just have/get it all lol.

I blew through all my stock last week in chase of that Celestial Nighthawk. After 14 engrams I finally got it after I started touching my strange coin stock too lol. With the shittiest roll ever. 99 intellect... :( Still, no regrets.

Had to buy a frabjous cloak this week to match the new exotic/shader look obviously so low on motes now. Destiny fashion matters.

Will buy Manacles. I love scatter nades on my void lock. Especially with the bloom perk they should be really good.

Someone was nice enough to give me the skolas checkpoint. Anyone interested in trying it with me? I did a run successfully earlier. My sniper is 331 and I'm a warlock. We will need at least one Titan (two preferable) with 365 arc snipers. Willing to try 4th horseman strategy if anyone knows it well.

I thought you couldn't get checkpoints for Skolas? How does this trick work?

So, small question: Is it still a good time to start Destiny? I've been itching to play it for a long time, but I did not have a current gen console until one month ago and I might run straight to GAME after work. Just worried people could be migrating to the next big game, etc.

Akai XIII

I can try with my Hunter, Akai_XIII.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The run actually started with ZW, Macello and I. Then eventually Phenom, Hudson, Val and Entho joined before Driz coming in last to help finish it. 8+ hours, and 8 players involved.

Ji66a-Man

NfBRll1.jpg

You know you want Khepri's Sting and I know you have the currency to keep trying.

Once again Heroic Matchmaking is here to prove that some level 32's have no business being at that level.

At the Wolf tank one of them decided to hide up the cheese spot, and died. The other continually kept getting blown up by the tank. He then proceeded to move into the tunnel to the left where he kept getting sniped, leaving me to deal with the fucking tank alone.

So, small question: Is it still a good time to start Destiny? I've been itching to play it for a long time, but I did not have a current gen console until one month ago and I might run straight to GAME after work. Just worried people could be migrating to the next big game, etc.
Uhhhh nothing big comes out for another 3-4 months so I wouldn't worry about migration. The last big expansion came out just a week ago, and the community is still in the honeymoon phase for it. Supposedly we are getting another even bigger expansion in the Fall so I think the game will mostly hold onto its audience if it's released in a timely fashion. Don't see this game really falling off tho before the end of the year.

Now is a great time! Obviously I'm biased since I love the game, but the interest and activity in this OT is as high now as it's been for months, since before the first expansion released to an unenthusiastic reception. Destiny is designed to be played in one form or another for years to come so hopefully Bungie can keep delivering good content to keep the community engaged.

It works well as your main gaming focus if you really get hooked (like me) or as something you play a few hours a week and have fun with while still keeping up with other releases. This community is a great resource for tons of info and fun/nice people to play with, it's the main reason I've played so much.

Why am I not surprised Scrub Master Macello was involved previously...

You know you want Khepri's Sting and I know you have the currency to keep trying.

Haha I really do want them for that primary reload increase. And I haven't dipped into converting my stash at all, still have 300+ SCs and 250 Motes in addition to 2100+ ass mats and 600+ rad mats.

I just assume he'l sell them eventually... We'll see if I can resist pushing my luck.

I thought you couldn't get checkpoints for Skolas? How does this trick work?

At least one person has to stay in the Arena the whole time. Then they can wipe and other people can join in the ~3 second window after that.

If everyone leaves the instance then it's game over, gotta restart.

noomi

Morning dgaf!

Trials are nearly here and I can't wait!

Also... wth Xur you bring new lock gloves but nothing for hunters? Shame on you!

Jinjo

Rare, yes. Legendary, no.

Maybe it's just my luck, but ever since HoW all my legendary armor engrams decrypted into armor for that class. The legendary engrams don't say "(random class)" anymore too I think.

At least one person has to stay in the Arena the whole time. Then they can wipe and other people can join in the ~3 second window after that.

If everyone leaves the instance then it's game over, gotta restart.

Ah okay, was thinking the traditional checkpoint transferring, but I guess then he got it from a fireteam that had to leave/give up.

Tricked RNG to my benefit again :)

Gambled engram with hunter, got warlock gloves with better stats that what Xur is selling.
Gambled engram with warlock, got titan gloves.
Gambled engram with titan, got hunter gloves.

RNG is my bitch.

2 days missed and I feel like I haven't played in weeks. 7ish hours until I should have Internet again, yes! Assuming it comes back on, I'll be looking for 2x nightfalls and maybe L32 and L34 PoE.

Now is a great time! Obviously I'm biased since I love the game, but the interest and activity in this OT is as high now as it's been for months, since before the first expansion released to an unenthusiastic reception. Destiny is designed to be played in one form or another for years to come so hopefully Bungie can keep delivering good content to keep the community engaged.

It works well as your main gaming focus if you really get hooked (like me) or as something you play a few hours a week and have fun with while still keeping up with other releases. This community is a great resource for tons of info and fun/nice people to play with, it's the main reason I've played so much.

Thanks. Might get it today if it is decently priced in retail stores. I am near-free from my backlog right now (Just Skyrim left), so this is going to the the first MMO I play in my life, although I've been recommended to play the history missions offline.

As for the time to devote, I have around 90 minutes available on the nights midweek (and a gaming bingefest on weekends if there's no plan). Not use if it is enough to make it enjoyable or the game requires to grind for hours. One thing for sure, I will have to start gathering information like crazy after the few hours of gameplay.

54 passage coins, enough for two sets of all the boons on each character, let's go.

Only thing I wish I had gotten in time was a N64 to drop. Basically got all the other crucible drops this week besides it, the lmg, and the rocket launcher (if there is one).

Wondering what the new map is gonna be. Glad Bungie kept it a secret, more fun that way. I'm looking to try out some new armor load-outs on my Warlock and Titan so it should be an interesting first day. Hoping to finish off at least two characters before tomorrow.

Maybe it's just my luck, but ever since HoW all my legendary armor engrams decrypted into armor for that class. The legendary engrams don't say "(random class)" anymore too I think.

I think it's just part of the randomness, last week I decrypted a helmet engram and got a warlock piece. I'll have to check the item text on a legendary engram though, it's been a while since I've read it.

Jinjo

I think it's just part of the randomness, last week I decrypted a helmet engram and got a warlock piece. I'll have to check the item text on a legendary engram though, it's been a while since I've read it.

Yeah, as I said, might just be my luck and I can't remember exactly if I read it correctly. Maybe it's post-HoW engrams that just read that way, but they still decrypt to other class items.

And I'm still yet to find a treasure key out in the wild. I'm guessing it's pointless tackling POE 34 without one?

Not at all. You get your Etheric Light and Weapon Core regardless. You want to have one on you when you do the 35 for the very first time, but that's it. Now that the chest doesn't hand out guaranteed Exotics anymore there's no point in farming keys, imo.

Shito

Not at all. You get your Etheric Light and Weapon Core regardless. You want to have one on you when you do the 35 for the very first time, but that's it. Now that the chest doesn't hand out guaranteed Exotics anymore there's no point in farming keys, imo.
That.
And you want to save your keys for when you'll get an exotic bounty, which drop from 34 and 35 bosses.
I've done 3 PoE 32 this week, and nobody ever opened the chest. It has become a rare thing now.

Ganhyun

Once again Heroic Matchmaking is here to prove that some level 32's have no business being at that level.

At the Wolf tank one of them decided to hide up the cheese spot, and died. The other continually kept getting blown up by the tank. He then proceeded to move into the tunnel to the left where he kept getting sniped, leaving me to deal with the fucking tank alone.

Some people just wanna troll. A friend and I were playing on the 360 and our random kept deciding to run right at the boss every time and die in front of everything. We managed to rez him and he just kept dieing. I told him to stop scrubbing or Id assume he was trolling/cheating and he straightened up quick.

Some people just wanna troll. A friend and I were playing on the 360 and our random kept deciding to run right at the boss every time and die in front of everything. We managed to rez him and he just kept dieing. I told him to stop scrubbing or Id assume he was trolling/cheating and he straightened up quick.

That too.

Did one Weekly Heroic and one PoE 32 and I'm done for today again. Game still feels so good when I'm playing it, but I think a break from playing every day will do me good. It's almost summer, so I don't expect to be playing a lot then, either.

noomi

Go to play daily crucible, kill a few guys and see a name that looks familiar... "Mac"...what, can't be...

Macello!

I kill Macello, I win game. Macello teabags me, I'm ok with this.

The run actually started with ZW, Macello and I. Then eventually Phenom, Hudson, Val and Entho joined before Driz coming in last to help finish it. 8+ hours, and 8 players involved.
Holy shit! I joined Noomi and Akai and we got him down to 10% on our third try, but then my wife enraged.

Born2Live

Wouldnt say so, you still get your Weapon Core and Etheric Light so youre no going away empty handed

Even if you get the keys, save them till you have an exotic bounty (elder cipher).

Thanks for the replies. Exotic bounties drop from 32/34/35 if I'm not mistaken.

noomi

Holy shit! I joined Noomi and Akai and we got him down to 10% on our third try, but then my wife enraged.

After you left we got some dude on reddit and got him down once, but mines killed us. Then we killed him and got the mines down.

Still a bitch of a fight. I hated that whole encounter.

Whatever, got my 2nd elder cipher outta it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Finishing Skolas seems anti-climatic after the stupid 12 hour Crota run I was a part of, and the fact that it - like everything else - comes down to DPS is kind of disappointing.

I would love it if they just had a no-burn thing, so you had to play it legit in a manner that would at least make you use the mechanics while not feeling cheap because everything can potentially one shot you.

I'm still curious to know if people at Bungie playtest these encounters with modifiers. Like, do they want people to just sit in a corner and snipe Skolas to death, killing him before the mines even come up? Is that how the encounter is internally solved and how they expect people to do it? Because it just doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom