• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

I already ascended 2 Fatebringers. Gonna ascend my third one hopefully tonight. After that, gonnaascend my Black Hammer, Jolder's Hammer, Efrideet's Spear, and a few other legendaries.

Also, I'm in love with the Void AR I got from Mercury. So good.

I have the poor man's kinetic version and it's really good, I like the base stats and am quite curious to see how the "better target acquisition" works.

X-Frame

I have the poor man's kinetic version and it's really good, I like the base stats and am quite curious to see how the "better target acquisition" works.

How do you get the kinetic weapon versions versus the Adept ones either elemental damage? Same way from the Mercury chest?

RemiLP

What do you guys think about a skill based ranked playlist in destiny now, ala halo.

It seems like even ToO is just a walk in the park for good pvp players. Its peobably fun now, but winning 9-0 again and again against scrubs has to get old eventually.

Imo, There should be an arena for the pvp teams to fight each other. Would make pvp alot more intresting.

Finally made it to 9-0 last night thanks to some awesome teammates from gaf. Ended up getting the hand cannon(void blah) another icebreaker ..got the gauntlets from the package and eheric light.

Definitely the most intense experience in the game for me .. getting to 8 wins ...that whole 9th match my hands were sweating like crazy. Also it was 9 the hard way ..no buffs as id used them all earlier in the day.

Cant wait to tackle it again over the next few days hopefully

Namikaze1

Watcher set minus Helmet and with no shader on:
CFsnJHKWoAAoYlN.jpg:orig

ich00

Top of the Morning DGaf!

Played a lot of ToO last night on all 3 characters and got chest pieces for all. Missed a perfect 9-0 one time, and couldn’t quite get to 8 wins the other two. Overall it was a real fun experience, and I'll probably be back on Monday night playing again. Got 4 etheric light, so I might get all 3 characters to 34 plus that 365/24/7 fatebringer! Also got the Hood of the Exile for my Warlock and it looks awesome!

What's the opinion on the best sniper currently being sold? It seems that it might be handy to have a good sniper for this mode, and I'm not usually a sniper user, so any advice would be appreciated.

todd360

Top of the Morning DGaf!

Played a lot of ToO last night on all 3 characters and got chest pieces for all. Missed a perfect 9-0 one time, and couldn’t quite get to 8 wins the other two. Overall it was a real fun experience, and I'll probably be back on Monday night playing again. Got 4 etheric light, so I might get all 3 characters to 34 plus that 365/24/7 fatebringer! Also got the Hood of the Exile for my Warlock and it looks awesome!

What's the opinion on the best sniper currently being sold? It seems that it might be handy to have a good sniper for this mode, and I'm not usually a sniper user, so any advice would be appreciated.

I bought the crucible one. Its impact was so low that 2 body shots wouldn't even kill anyone. Got pissed off and switched to icebreaker. Didn't have to worry about special ammo and icebreaker hits like a truck even if you miss headshot. Used hypebringer when not sniping. I think it worked well for me.

Namikaze1

^^^ yep :)

So you bought the chest specifically but got the arms and boots as prize rewards?
Oh no. There are two sets of gear in ToO: the Exile set and the Watcher set. The Watcher set drops as a random reward after matches. The Exile set is what's being sold. The Watcher set is at Light 36 while Exile is at Light 42. I got 3 of the 4 Watcher pieces. I bought th Exile piece off the vendor.

Looks slick. That helmet tho, creepy as hell.
Only wearing it to max it out. Once done, I'm back to Saint 14

purg3

slept with Malkin
Only had to buy 2 engrams to get the Eternal Warrior helm for my titan. Pretty cool looking but I'll probably never use it lol.

Did the new strike/nightfall for the first time and it was pretty awesome, really liked it. Got a pretty good fusion rifle too.

todd360

I got to cut the grass today :( legit takes over 3 hours by myself. Need to get it done so I can play trials.

Edit: I need a grass cutting fireteam.

X-Frame

Oh no. There are two sets of gear in ToO: the Exile set and the Watcher set. The Watcher set drops as a random reward after matches. The Exile set is what's being sold. The Watcher set is at Light 36 while Exile is at Light 42. I got 3 of the 4 Watcher pieces. I bought th Exile piece off the vendor

Awesome, thanks! Looks cool.

Is there any good spots and strategies to beat the lvl 34 poe boss?

Only had time to try it a few times yesterday before i had to leave, but seemed pretty hard with that "the floor is lava" game.

use your rockets/machine gun (solar) on wizards and hive knights, not the boss. Once you clear those out they don't respawn very often and its a lot easier. Head to the back of the room with the big tankers to use as protection against ogre spam.

For the lava stuff, a titan dropping a bubble with blessing is very helpful, you stand in it and keep jumping while lava is active. For warlocks use angel of light (last tree) to float in air while its on, basically two jumps with floating will last the entire thing and you take no damage.

Its a fight where the more titans (with saint 14) you have the easier since you can just chain drop bubbles which blind the thralls that wander near you. Killing the wizards and knights ASAP is critical though, if you let them live too long they come near and just wreck you.

Bizazedo

There's something immensely satisfying about dropping a Fist of Havoc on an enemy team after sneaking over to them during the heavy weapon round in Trials of Osiris. Something even more satisfying when it's done again to another team.

So, so good.

Flooded with Etheric Light's already, though :(.

I got to cut the grass today :( legit takes over 3 hours by myself. Need to get it done so I can play trials.

Edit: I need a grass cutting fireteam.

Cheese it. Just clean up the edges and let the center grow like mother nature intended. Wild life preserve and less carbon from the mower gas. Very green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom