• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

You mean Timekeeper? That map is absolute trash, I'd play Cauldron over and over before I play that. Also Pantheon from TDB is actually a decent map, the only map among the DLC map that is better than Pantheon is Widow's Court.

this opinion makes me want to jump off the tower multiple times

Pantheon is one of the worst maps in the game

zewone

Everybody wants Etheric Light, "it's not a big deal if you don't do PoE cause you don't need it" isn't a helpful angle.

How is it not? If you're not running content that requires these levels, why put so much effort into obtaining it?

The extra damage from 331 to 365 is cool, but unnecessary in normal circumstances.

Nuszka

forgot to mention that my goal for each day is to carry 10 people to the lighthouse. after that, ill help a few people out with quick wins. if you are near the bottom of my list and only need a few wins, i may not get around to you until later in the weekend

Just checking here but are you going to stream when trials arrive? Need something to kill time at work. Thanks a lot for all the effort you are doing for the community here.

TP-DK

Only took 7 engrams for me to get all the new Exotic gauntlets.

Much better than what happened with the helmet engrams where I ran out of motes in the end.

Hoodbury

You're at 15 right now. But depending how many people get through today, you might move up. Have the PS app installed on your phone/tablet to receive notification when your turn is up.

Hmm, I'm a simpleton with a pay as you go flip phone with two young kids; no app thingies or able to just jump online at the spur of the moment, heh.

If I'm not able to get on when my turn is up, what happens? Am I bumped to the end of the list or just bumped one spot each time I miss it?

I plan on being online tonight around 8 CST if that helps anything. Otherwise no worries. Sorry for being the difficult one.

They pretty much confirmed this in the update yesterday. Doesn't explicitly say just one at each rank, but it's hard to imagine they'd let you buy more than that.

One at rank 3 and one at rank 5. 5k glimmer each. Someone that datamined this week's Xur correctly, also datamined the IB stuff.

lt519

It doesn't change the amount of shots necessary to kill someone in 99.9% of player interactions in IB and ToO. It's a perceived disadvantage that doesn't actually exist.

So your level doesn't give a TTK difference. Got it.

But say two 34s were fighting with the same weapon, would one be at a disadvantage with it at 331 instead of 365? Now stack it with being 32 against a 34 and a 331 vs a 365. Does that stack enough? I'm actually just curious. We played ToO with a 32 last week and it didn't seem to matter, but he had a 365 weapon, he did fine and we got to 6 wins without boons.

Yep, as much as I don't like PVP, that's my plan to get myself some Etheric Lights.
Not touching PoE 34 until I'm actually 34 / have a few ascended weapons.
I did it as a 33 and it wasn't that bad. I think only LT WOOD12 was a 34 and we didn't wipe once up until the boss. Fortunately we did the quick method with 3 365 Gjallarhorns.

Axoman

How is it not? If you're not running content that requires these levels, why put so much effort into obtaining it?

The extra damage from 331 to 365 is cool, but unnecessary in normal circumstances.

The extra damage from 300 to 365 is ~28%. That's huge.

My priority is getting to level 34 on all three, then ascend my favorite 300 weapons, mostly VoG stuff and the 331 weapons will be last.

zewone

So your level doesn't give a TTK difference. Got it.

But say two 34s were fighting with the same weapon, would one be at a disadvantage with it at 331 instead of 365? Now stack it with being 32 against a 34 and a 331 vs a 365. Does that stack enough? I'm actually just curious. We played ToO with a 32 last week and it didn't seem to matter, but he had a 365 weapon, he did fine and we got to 6 wins without boons.

I don't have the hard numbers, but I played as a 32 with 331 and 300 weapons and didn't notice a difference when playing as a 34.

I'd say the two 34s in your scenario would still take the same amount of shots.

The extra damage from 300 to 365 is ~28%. That's huge.

My priority is getting to level 34 on all three, then ascend my favorite 300 weapons, mostly VoG stuff and the 331 weapons will be last.

In practice it's a small difference in damage. If I'm one shotting mobs with a 300 FB, my 365 FB doesn't really matter

Lnkn52

Hmm, I'm a simpleton with a pay as you go flip phone with two young kids; no app thingies or able to just jump online at the spur of the moment, heh.

If I'm not able to get on when my turn is up, what happens? Am I bumped to the end of the list or just bumped one spot each time I miss it?

I plan on being online tonight around 8 CST if that helps anything. Otherwise no worries. Sorry for being the difficult one.

Just play the game when you get home and wait for a message is my best suggestion. You can also watch the streams...

5k is way too much. Especially since it's being handed out like candy in ToO/Arena, costing 10k for 2 is alot.
It is but it kind of makes sense. IB is the only match made activity that you can progressively work towards getting etheric light. In a way, this is the best method for more solo players.

GhaleonEB

So, late to the party, but I finally got a Shotgun again and just used it in PvE

holy crap that's a buff alright

It's completely upended how PvE plays. Roll with one when you do Cabal missions. Phalanx jousting, woo!

I'm trying to get one of every burn for each of my characters.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Hey GAF! I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with my last etheric light (because no matter what others may think, for me they really are not easy to come by). I have already ascended my Fatebringer and my VoC, so I was thinking that maybe I should ascend my Word of Crota in order to have a void primary ascended. Other good options are:

Black Hammer
Found Verdict
LDR 5001 (arc, but not great perks)

Not a huge fan of ascending the LDR simply to try for Skolas this week when there may be a different burn next week and that fight seems really frustrating.

I'm happy with my armor options already, so I think I will use it on a weapon for sure.

So what do you think? What would you use it on?

zewone

I'm envious of the players who have 10k glimmer to drop on Etheric Light.

Hey GAF! I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with my last etheric light (because no matter what others may think, for me they really are not easy to come by). I have already ascended my Fatebringer and my VoC, so I was thinking that maybe I should ascend my Word of Crota in order to have a void primary ascended. Other good options are:

Black Hammer
Found Verdict
LDR 5001 (arc, but not great perks)

Not a huge fan of ascending the LDR simply to try for Skolas this week when there may be a different burn next week and that fight seems really frustrating.

I'm happy with my armor options already, so I think I will use it on a weapon for sure.

So what do you think? What would you use it on?
Black Hammer for sure. It's the most useufl of the 3 you listed.

Shito

I did it as a 33 and it wasn't that bad. I think only LT WOOD12 was a 34 and we didn't wipe once up until the boss. Fortunately we did the quick method with 3 365 Gjallarhorns.
Heh, yeah it probably isn't so bad with a full team of Horns. :3

It's completely upended how PvE plays. Roll with one when you do Cabal missions. Phalanx jousting, woo!

I'm trying to get one of every burn for each of my characters.
Yup, I somehow managed to not take my new solar shottie with me on each three different occasions I ran PoE 32 this week.
And each time I rolled my eyes at my stupidity when facing those centurions...

I do, I'm swimming in glimmers, always have to buy synthesis to stop reaching the cap, and still haven't banked my amethysts from the story.

Deku Tree

You don't have a pile of Ascendant or Radiant materials in your vault to trade with the speaker for glimmer?

I was running a lot of VoG and CE raids and I've got so much mats to trade for glimmer it's ridiculous.

dB Viper

With all of the extra materials and exchange with the speaker, how is glimmer an issue? I have like 250K worth of glimmer in my vault with ass mats and radiant mats.

nOoblet16

this opinion makes me want to jump off the tower multiple times

Pantheon is one of the worst maps in the game
Which says a lot about the DLC maps when I say that it's one of the better DLC maps, and that was the point I was trying to convey.

And what opinion ? that the DLC maps are so bad that Pantheon actually ends up becoming decent because of how bad the rest of the selection is ?
Also Pantheon is no where near Anamoly, Blind Watch, Skywatch, First light, level of bad.

LTWood12

Playing with my 4th Horseman BD build, it's now an Exotic that really lives up to its name. Becoming one of my favorites, possibly top 5 weapons.

Mine's maxed out on experience, but I don't have any of the bubbles filled in because of the great weapon parts famine of 2015. Guess I need to prioritize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom