• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

lvl 34 PoE is manageable as a 33, if you have a good team with you.
i got my first EL as a 33 doing PoE 34. I saved that EL for my alt who would next run 34, so the damage reduction penalty didn't exist. after my alt ran it and got the EL, I used it on my last alt, and got another EL which i used on my 33 who first ran 34. that way, you're only underleveled once.
this is assuming that you have 1 exotic helm ascended, and bought the PoE gauntlets and chest for each char....

Enjoyed the run last night! Can't believe we rolled through it so fast.

Impala26

How do the ToO reward packages work?
Can you only be rewarded one of each once per character, per trials weekend?
Or do they work once per trials passage?

tick221

So I may have accidentally signed up more than once for the Mercury train. The questions changed from when I first signed up and I just wanted to make sure I was there.

Once again thanks to all Sherpa's

Impala26

How do the ToO reward packages work?
Can you only be rewarded one of each once per character, per trials weekend?
Or do they work once per trials passage?

I believe it's per character per week.

Yeah, that's what I assumed, but thanks.

Any Xboners looking to run Trials this weekend? I'd love to jump on with some people and get my feet wet more properly this time around.

Paging Kittens...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
^^^ this!!! the mythoclast wrecks in the weekly!
I also liked my tried-and-tested method of "do more damage than ever thought possible then die to melee and wait to be revived." I can't believe we never wiped considering how reckless I was being XD

I'll be running Trials asap (15 minutes) on Xbone. Don't expect me to be carrying anyone but I can at least shoot a gun in a general direction and be distracting to the enemies. GT: TheDarkOrchid

We should do an old-fashioned Dragon strike train. I need XP on lots of other things and the engrams will rain from the sky.

The objective advice I can offer is that gauntlet engrams are the most "worth it" in terms of risk when trying to find a specific item, because the pool is the smallest (haven't seen boots as an engram yet, but other than that).
If there isn't a specific item you're looking for, and especially if items for the other classes would be of no use to you, gambling with engrams in the hopes of just getting "something good" is rarely worth it at all.

i'd be down for that :)

Hoodbury

I wasn't trying to seem like those activities were easy, but I just feel that Iron Banner is a lot more time consuming. You don't need to get to mercury to get etheric light, if I remember correctly you will get 3 if you get 8 wins; 1 from the silver package and 2 from the gold package.

For some of us, the more time consuming but easier with a guaranteed reward is the way to go instead of the quick but very difficult content.

Plus Iron Banner isn't all that time consuming. You get a week to work it and each day you get a higher buff. As a pretty casual player, I was able to get 1 character to rank 4 in a couple hours on the last day to get the reward I was looking at.

I wasn't trying to seem like those activities were easy, but I just feel that Iron Banner is a lot more time consuming. You don't need to get to mercury to get etheric light, if I remember correctly you will get 3 if you get 8 wins; 1 from the silver package and 2 from the gold package.

Yeah, but:

1. ToO doesn't have matchmaking
2. If you do put a team together, you're still going to need to be good enough to hit 8 wins.
3. You can be terrible at PvP and still make progress in IB. Especially with the buff later in the week.

You might think making progress in IB is slow in comparison (and it is) but, for some people, making that progress in ToO is unlikely to improbable. Especially if you're not that great or used to PvP, or don't have the ability or time to put a good ToO team together.

If you want then I can start doing this from next week's trials, I have exams so won't be able to sherpa this week.
Playing with stabbie is easy mode cause you have very few close matches as he's just a beast, you need that clench and those clutch moments to improve your game :p

Yeah once you get some of the basics down, the big improvements come from improving decision making, especially in tense situations. So it's important to put yourself in some of those places where you need to make the calls and make the plays for yourself. Much more stressful but also much more rewarding as you get better.

I also liked my tried-and-tested method of "do more damage than ever thought possible then die to melee and wait to be revived." I can't believe we never wiped considering how reckless I was being XD

I tried running weekly wth randoms and almost gave up. Ppl are always looking for that "cheap" spot when they should just be playing th fucking game "the right way".

Guy goes up the top plataform with the giant "eyeball" light and dies. Me and the other random have to finish stuff up.

Very next room, instead of staying near the entrance, the same guy goes for the balcony where the snipers usually are. Of course he dies and leaves me and the other guy. Other random goes for the revives and die. And I'm left alone.

We wipe.

We go again. I shoot the floor for like 10 seconds to show where we should stay because it's safer. They both go to the balcony this time and die quicker than before.

I leave the strike. This happened twice!

Rainmaker

Banned
Wanted to try for the new Titan gauntlets. Bought three exotic engrams.

1st roll: The new Hunter gauntlets.

2nd roll: The new Warlock gauntlets

3rd roll: ...My fourth Ruin Wings

dB Viper

Wanted to try for the new Titan gauntlets. Bought three exotic engrams.

1st roll: The new Hunter gauntlets.

2nd roll: The new Warlock gauntlets

3rd roll: ...My fourth Ruin Wings

Very similar to mine last week, but I wanted the Ram.

roll 1: new hunter helm

roll 2: new titan helm

roll 3: skull of dire ahamkara

can't complain since the hunter helm is so much fun

Impala26

So for new Trials initiates, any good weapons and gear to recommend?

This would be gear across all classes and weapons save Thorn and PS-exclusive ones (playing on XB1)

Is MIDA effective? I surprised myself earlier in the week and it helped me go like 23-11 on ANOMALY of all maps in a Rumble match. Pretty consistently getting kills at mid-long and long range with it.

Alpha Lupi or Armamentarium for Titan? (Glasshouse switch for super round?)
Achlyophage Symbiote, Third Man or Knucklehead (or Lupi) for Hunter?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i want celestial nighthawk so bad. my life has no meaning

This would be gear across all classes and weapons save Thorn and PS-exclusive ones (playing on XB1)

Is MIDA effective? I surprised myself earlier in the week and it helped me go like 23-11 on ANOMALY of all maps in a Rumble match. Pretty consistently getting kills at mid-long and long range with it.

Alpha Lupi and Alpha Lupi for Alpha Lupi. do not deviate

Made it on the list but how would we know if our turn is up I'd hate to miss my turn this is my only hope to get the package don't even care about the lighthouse but if it happened that's a +

If it's a map with long sightlines, MIDA will be great. Go with Alpha Lupi if no one else on your team has that or Light Beyond Nemesis.

rNilla

I invented this pain.

I was born in this pain. Molded by it.

EDIT: top of page top of thrall's head

4USpYxO.gif

zewone

Lupi, Lupi, Lupi.

TLW
Thorn
Red Death
Vex

Either Alpha or Armaenaoidfhaoifh would be fine.

Mindlog

Remote play Exotic engram splurged turned into 4 Young Mcnamara Spines.
Got the Titan Gauntlets and a slightly better pair of Manacles than what's on sale. Not too bad.

Is there a list Scout Rifle rankings? I need to delete a bunch of them. Right now leaning towards crushing a Gheleon's Demine and one of my Deadshot Lunas in favor of a Crucible drop that looks pretty good. Together with my original Deadshot Luna, Fang, the ToO Solar and some Vision of Confluence I believe that's all the Scout Rifle I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom