• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

From reddit

[–]Fendumino 45 points 4 hours ago
Lord Saladin will sell two Etheric Light's for 5,000 glimmer each at rank 3 and rank 5.
permalinkparent

Apparently correctly predicted Xur this week somehow.

zewone

From reddit

[–]Fendumino 45 points 4 hours ago
Lord Saladin will sell two Etheric Light's for 5,000 glimmer each at rank 3 and rank 5.
permalinkparent

Apparently correctly predicted Xur this week somehow.

5000 is too much for how easy Etheric Light is to obtain.

patchday

Dat RNG - Bought 3 Engrams

image.png

edit: Top of the page - Delete a Horn

http://xboxclips.com/WipedOut/b8411748-9a09-46f0-97f2-aa9096c05867

nice!!!

but dang son 1000k glimmer? guess you went on a shopping spree

TTQMuKo.png

Are you tired of reaching out for the Jewels of the Reef, only to have your hand slapped by Brother Vance's sadistic tournament? Have you had enough of being teabagged and Felwintered out of your victory? If you're looking for a 73% more successful chance at reaching Mercury, then hop aboard the Twilight Trials Train!

My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/twilightgap/profile
My list: http://goo.gl/CkERSu
My Twitter for emergency updates: https://twitter.com/twilightgap

NOTES:
  • Players will be chosen based on availability and experience. Those who have never been to the Lighthouse have priority over those looking for a few wins on their other characters.
  • PLEASE BE HONEST! The goal here is to help as many people as possible and ensure that every run is successful
  • Players are not required to add or message me on PSN. If you have an urgent message to send me, please message me on PSN and not here.
  • You do not need to have the stream on all day. I will send you a message on PSN if you aren't on the stream and I will wait 3-5 minutes for each player before moving onto the next one.
  • Please have your Trials passage and any weapons and bounties ready to go. If you do not have many coins, consider participating in the daily Crucible playlist to earn some. Also, in the [hopefully rare] event that we lose, a Mercy Boon will be tremendously helpful. You need to buy this before you start the passage or it wont count
  • Lastly, as a disclaimer, I am volunteering for this and I am subject to any outside influences such as a disconnection, power failure, a short break, etc. I will be sure to communicate any issues on Twitter. I also reserve the right to deny playing with a person if they are misbehaving on stream or in-game. Please respect your fellow players.

I may have one member of the 13 Devils helping me at any given point. You can find our clan page here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/377512

The founder Nghtly will also be streaming and maintaining his own list via Twitch. You can find him at http://www.twitch.tv/nghtly/profile

LordofPwn

When I got my cipher, I chose the Dregs Promise because it was the most interesting to me but after seeing gameplay videos of all 3, I think it is actually the least interesting of the 3.

Can I still change my mind?

I just got the cipher back from variks and need to kill PoE bosses.

Yes, you will get to pick again at the end

You never pick to begin with. it just shows you the possible rewards for doing the quest at the start. i turned mine in last night. only took 1 key on the 35. now i'm waiting.

Also man was that 35 a real piece of work.

tried doing 4th horseman but we couldn't get our coordination down.
tried snipers and we were consistently getting him down to about 10-15% health.
eventually it was snipe and thunderlord. shanks kept shanking us.

nOoblet16

I actually like the Mars one - it's not too bad. Overall, HoW maps are a million times better than TDB maps.

You mean Timekeeper? That map is absolute trash, I'd play Cauldron over and over before I play that. Also Pantheon from TDB is actually a decent map, the only map among the DLC map that is better than Pantheon is Widow's Court.

Frenden

Banned
Everyone who hit Mercury last week seems to think it's easy, but I've gotten a couple since launch, max.

Not all of us are great at PvP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks a ton for setting up your list Zoba. I'm gonna sign up just because of how fucking fun it was blazing through 9 wins with you guys before, but please infinitely de-prioritize me in favor of anyone who hasn't seen the Lighthouse yet. You rock.

Thanks for doing this. I placed saturday assuming I'd be too far down the list to do it today. But now I see I'm not all that far down so today is a possibility and I am available. Not sure if I can "edit" my form tho.

You never pick to begin with. it just shows you the possible rewards for doing the quest at the start. i turned mine in last night. only took 1 key on the 35. now i'm waiting.

Also man was that 35 a real piece of work.

tried doing 4th horseman but we couldn't get our coordination down.
tried snipers and we were consistently getting him down to about 10-15% health.
eventually it was snipe and thunderlord. shanks kept shanking us.

The way we did it felt pretty easy.

The start is the same. 2 kill the servitor while 1 places the weapons bubble.
Snipe him to hell and back. Break the bonds. Once the mines come up, a hunter goes for the far ones, one person focus on Skolas and the other takes care of the adds.
Once the adds are clear both focus on skolas. It's weird that such a tough fight can happen so fast if you have the right tools.

lt519

Is it worth me grinding for one strange coin for patience and time?

I would, run a couple strikes and you'll end up with a coin from a blue engram in no time (or do the weekly for free coins?). The radar staying active when down scope is actually really useful for PoE to stay situationally aware.

Edit: top of page spam, also relevant to ToO

ToO Do's:

yNg327.gif

ToO Dont's:

KzwAXD.gif

rNilla

Everyone who hit Mercury last week seems to think it's easy, but I've gotten a couple since launch, max.

Not all of us are great at PvP.

Etheric Light is easy to get...

...if you get 9 wins in ToO and run PoE 34/5 on all three characters every week.

exYle

I just signed up for carrying by Twilight, but I also signed up earlier this week for another GAF sponsored ToO team up. I think it had multiple people offering to carry others, including Unstable. Are these two different things?

LordofPwn

This week will probably be fun on Twillight Gap (my guess for the map this week)

Though i can not wait for Shores to be the map we get to do trials on. Got C spawn, Awesome now we snipe as the other team tries to do anything. i imagine the cap point will be in the cave by B or on B

GhaleonEB

Is it worth me grinding for one strange coin for patience and time?

I think so. If for nothing else, it's a sniper you can easily ascend to 365 max damage with a shard next weekend. I don't see myself getting much etheric light, so a maxed out sniper will come in handy for NF/Weekly/PoE. Plus the perks are very good.

Shouldn't be too much of a grind; a few of Petra's bounties or a PoE run should net you some, if not from the engrams via ether chests or drops. Or the weekly if you haven't yet.

zewone

lol wut?

Some us may not have the time nor patience to suffer through 34/35 PoE nor the l337 $ki11z to 9-0 Osiris.

I'll happily take some etheric light for 5k glimmer, Bob!

Why do you want Etheric Light if you don't have the patience to suffer through PoE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom