• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I already have ruin wings is it worth rolling on a gauntlet engram from Xur? I mean, chances are already slim that it'll even be a Titan piece, but I'm curious if it's worth it. I know No Backup Plans sucks, unfortunately.

Alpha Lupi is great but I've had that since it first was available.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mine's maxed out on experience, but I don't have any of the bubbles filled in because of the great weapon parts famine of 2015. Guess I need to prioritize it.
We should do an old-fashioned Dragon strike train. I need XP on lots of other things and the engrams will rain from the sky.
If I already have ruin wings is it worth rolling on a gauntlet engram from Xur? I mean, chances are already slim that it'll even be a Titan piece, but I'm curious if it's worth it. I know No Backup Plans sucks, unfortunately.

Alpha Lupi is great but I've had that since it first was available.
The objective advice I can offer is that gauntlet engrams are the most "worth it" in terms of risk when trying to find a specific item, because the pool is the smallest (haven't seen boots as an engram yet, but other than that).
If there isn't a specific item you're looking for, and especially if items for the other classes would be of no use to you, gambling with engrams in the hopes of just getting "something good" is rarely worth it at all.

Trakan

CGL5fJiU4AAc1fG.jpg:large

Deku Tree

Maybe for PvE players. Bungie always caters to them.

I played a lot of PvP in the weeks leading up to HoW launch and I felt like I was capping out my glimmer on the regular and that grinding PvP was the fastest way to "play regularly" (i.e. not just glimmer farm) and "get a lot of glimmer".

TP-DK

Not everyone can get so many from ToO and PoE

But is Iron Banner really easier than PoE? If I remember it takes a good while to get to Level 3 and those who aren't able to get them from PoE or ToO probably don't have enough time to get to those ranks in IB.

Surely you realize how douchey this sentence sounds.

It wasn't my intention to sound douchey and no I don't see it being douchey.
But you're welcome to tell me why it's douchey, so I would have a chance to see why it is.

I'm done with this game. Had a great time, enjoyed playing with you guys, but it's to the point I'm playing this game just because. I got my monies worth from the game after buying the season pass so I'm happy I stuck around for that. I just don't like POE and none of the incentives for playing the game are worth the time investment anymore. I'll be back on Steam playing my multitude of games I've yet to play and grabbing Witcher 3 today.

Again thanks everyone. Awesome community here and I'll miss playing with you guys it's been a great experience. I really wish I could give my exotics away... oh well.

Not sure if you're reading the thread anymore, but thanks for the nice post and best of luck in your future gaming/life endeavors. As someone who's "retired" from Destiny multiple times by now (lol), maybe a break will help and the interest will return. Either way, thanks for adding positively to the community!

phen0m24

But is Iron Banner really easier than PoE? If I remember it takes a good while to get to Level 3 and those who aren't able to get them from PoE or ToO probably don't have enough time to get to those ranks in IB.

But you're welcome to tell me why it's douchey, so I would have a chance to see why it is.

Nah TP you've just hit a nerve. Many of us are stuck in PoE with unascended weapons
I'm one of them
who are butting up against the bosses and not having great success. As such Etheric Light is more of a rarity for us mainly PvE players, and we all maybe-not-so secretly resent all these 9-0 "make it look easy" people - swimming in the stuff.

:)

GhaleonEB

Playing with my 4th Horseman BD build, it's now an Exotic that really lives up to its name. Becoming one of my favorites, possibly top 5 weapons.

Same. I've done entire missions with heavy stealth and all 4th Horseman. It was like the mother of all buffs. And it positively tears up bosses, so fun to do stealth hit and runs on them. *boom**boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom* oh hey where did your health go?

hydruxo

2 exotic engrams and Khepris Sting on the second one ayeee

Debating whether or not I should go for the Feedback Fence gauntlets though

LTWood12

Certainly. This thread is full of individuals seeking help with 34/35 PoE and venting frustration at both of those activities because they haven't beaten them yet. There's multiple spreadsheets dedicated to helping folks get to Mercury. There are multiple posts of people asking advice for how to spend the single etheric light that they have.

I shouldn't have used the word douchey. It's crude and I'm sorry.

Zoidberg

Stealth vandals and a rocket launcher with grenades and horseshoes don't mix. I'll just aim at this servitor across the map and...oh my rocket blew up the instant it left the tube...that's cool I meant to do that.

GhaleonEB

Stealth vandals and a rocket launcher with grenades and horseshoes don't mix. I'll just aim at this servitor across the map and...oh my rocket blew up the instant it left the tube...that's cool I meant to do that.

I do this with Truth all the time. Dat blast radius is glorious, except when I'm in the middle of it.

LTWood12

We should do an old-fashioned Dragon strike train. I need XP on lots of other things and the engrams will rain from the sky.

We should, but there's so many things to do now! I've done one weekly in the last two weeks, and haven't done a single raid in that time either!

nOoblet16

Playing with my 4th Horseman BD build, it's now an Exotic that really lives up to its name. Becoming one of my favorites, possibly top 5 weapons.

I remember when everyone was like man that weapon is shit, including myself because I used to say that the stats on that weapon are everywhere (and they are)...but it's meant to be used in a very specific manner i.e. for maximum DPS followed by running away to reload and then coming back

LkPr

TTQMuKo.png

Are you tired of reaching out for the Jewels of the Reef, only to have your hand slapped by Brother Vance's sadistic tournament? Have you had enough of being teabagged and Felwintered out of your victory? If you're looking for a 73% more successful chance at reaching Mercury, then hop aboard the Twilight Trials Train!

My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/twilightgap/profile
My list: http://goo.gl/CkERSu
My Twitter for emergency updates: https://twitter.com/twilightgap

NOTES:
  • Players will be chosen based on availability and experience. Those who have never been to the Lighthouse have priority over those looking for a few wins on their other characters.
  • PLEASE BE HONEST! The goal here is to help as many people as possible and ensure that every run is successful
  • Players are not required to add or message me on PSN. If you have an urgent message to send me, please message me on PSN and not here.
  • You do not need to have the stream on all day. I will send you a message on PSN if you aren't on the stream and I will wait 3-5 minutes for each player before moving onto the next one.
  • Please have your Trials passage and any weapons and bounties ready to go. If you do not have many coins, consider participating in the daily Crucible playlist to earn some. Also, in the [hopefully rare] event that we lose, a Mercy Boon will be tremendously helpful. You need to buy this before you start the passage or it wont count
  • Lastly, as a disclaimer, I am volunteering for this and I am subject to any outside influences such as a disconnection, power failure, a short break, etc. I will be sure to communicate any issues on Twitter. I also reserve the right to deny playing with a person if they are misbehaving on stream or in-game. Please respect your fellow players.

I may have one member of the 13 Devils helping me at any given point. You can find our clan page here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/377512

The founder Nghtly will also be streaming and maintaining his own list via Twitch. You can find him at http://www.twitch.tv/nghtly/profile

Is there another list with other people? On the main list yesterday I was like 12th and I am not on this list at all...

ocean

Banned
I remember when everyone was like man that weapon is shit, including myself because I used to say that the stats on that weapon are everywhere (and they are)...but it's meant to be used in a very specific manner i.e. for maximum DPS followed by running away to reload and then coming back
To be fair a lot of those reactions were because the weapon was broken until 1.1.2. As soon as the bug was fixed it's been lauded as a DPS monster at whisper range.

TP-DK

Certainly. This thread is full of individuals seeking help with 34/35 PoE and venting frustration at both of those activities because they haven't beaten them yet. There's multiple spreadsheets dedicated to helping folks get to Mercury. There are multiple posts of people asking advice for how to spend the single etheric light that they have.

I shouldn't have used the word douchey. It's crude and I'm sorry.

I wasn't trying to seem like those activities were easy, but I just feel that Iron Banner is a lot more time consuming. You don't need to get to mercury to get etheric light, if I remember correctly you will get 3 if you get 8 wins; 1 from the silver package and 2 from the gold package.

nOoblet16

To be fair a lot of those reactions were because the weapon was broken until 1.1.2. As soon as the bug was fixed it's been lauded as a DPS monster at whisper range.

If you mean the stat change then it wasn't actually like that forever, I think it was around February/March that the weapon's stats got modified incorrectly and it only stayed in that state for like a month or two until getting fixed in 1.1.2

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there another list with other people? On the main list yesterday I was like 12th and I am not on this list at all...
Yes, there is another list. Zoba's is totally separate and overlaps with the 13 Devils and includes some non-GAFers. there are a few others (Unstable included) who will be tending to the "main list." I see you as 7th on it btw.

Trakan

I actually like the Mars one - it's not too bad. Overall, HoW maps are a million times better than TDB maps.

I don't get the hate for Pantheon or Cauldron. I think they're both good maps. I haven't played the other map as I tend to stick to 3v3 playlists. The HoW maps are good too, aside from Timekeeper I think. The Mars one.

Shito

I do this with Truth all the time. Dat blast radius is glorious, except when I'm in the middle of it.
I tend to kill myself with my own Horn rocket at the regular pace of once or twice every 2 days.
From stealth vandals to having a wall appear in front of me while jumping to a teammate passing by to a bubble being created to a centurion jet-packing towards me, I've done them all.

LTWood12

I wasn't trying to seem like those activities were easy, but I just feel that Iron Banner is a lot more time consuming. You don't need to get to mercury to get etheric light, if I remember correctly you will get 3 if you get 8 wins; 1 from the silver package and 2 from the gold package.

Oh you get two from the gold package? I was thinking I got one from silver, one from gold, and one from the chest on Mercury.

LkPr

Yes, there is another list. Zoba's is totally separate and overlaps with the 13 Devils and includes some non-GAFers. there are a few others (Unstable included) who will be tending to the "main list." I see you as 7th on it btw.

Sweet thanks for letting me know!

I have yet to receive any Etheric Light as well. Waiting to reach level 34 before attempting the 34 PoE.

Eventually we'll have more than enough Etheric Light.
lvl 34 PoE is manageable as a 33, if you have a good team with you.
i got my first EL as a 33 doing PoE 34. I saved that EL for my alt who would next run 34, so the damage reduction penalty didn't exist. after my alt ran it and got the EL, I used it on my last alt, and got another EL which i used on my 33 who first ran 34. that way, you're only underleveled once.
this is assuming that you have 1 exotic helm ascended, and bought the PoE gauntlets and chest for each char....

exYle

Where is this main list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom