• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope next week's PoE modifiers don't suck a giant hippo dick. I'm fairly salty at the fact that I just wasted 4 hours bashing my head against Skolas.
Pretty much why I haven't completed 35 on any of my characters yet for this week. If you don't have the correct team with the correct weapons, you'll be at Skolas for hours. Not getting a checkpoint makes it even more frustrating. ToO being a bad map this weekend has also been a downer for this week.

Zocano

Actually, something popped into my mind. Vandals(queens bow) and captains(lord of wolves) need more ether to geow big(time required). Dregs require less and stay small(drega promise takes 24 hours.)

Its a riddle of sorts, in the ciphers flavor text. Its why you can choose again which one you want in the final step of the quest.

Picked Dreg's Promise and it's been 24 hours. Got nothing.

So it's just random I guess.

Obscured

Anybody have any good strategies for ToO or are you guys doing 9-0 just that good?

i do like how quickly the games go, just wish I was on the winning side for once. I wish there was a version of the game type in normal matchmaking.

Ken

Anybody have any good strategies for ToO or are you guys doing 9-0 just that good?

i do like how quickly the games go, just wish I was on the winning side for once. I wish there was a version of the game type in normal matchmaking.

It helps that I spent a lot of years playing Halo MP I guess.

Mindlog

Holy crap the Queen Bow gets so much ammo in Crucible.
Let it be known my first shot fired in Crucible was a headshot.
Actually, something popped into my mind. Vandals(queens bow) and captains(lord of wolves) need more ether to geow big(time required). Dregs require less and stay small(drega promise takes 24 hours.)

Its a riddle of sorts, in the ciphers flavor text. Its why you can choose again which one you want in the final step of the quest.
My Titan chose Dreg's first and it looks like it will take the same time as the Bow.
I just got the Bow (48 hours to decode.) Nice.

After you complete the bounty you can choose whatever weapon you want anyway. It appears that your initial choice is irrelevant.

Yes, I think that's it. There is no reason why Variks would have you choose twice for which exotic you want- There's precedent that when you get a Vanguard Missive, your choice is final, In this, the flavor text is a clue,now that I'm back from work-

Kell Uses Ciphers to control the Ether flow. Archons and Barons take deep draughts, grow tall. Dregs with tiny sips stay small.

Archons are inevitably the highest ranking, right bellow Kell.
Barons come after Archons.

And Dregs are the lowest.

'Kell uses Ciphers to control the flow' is the key here. It's pretty much saying, that since you have the Cipher, you get to decide the flow. So the first option of 'choosing' an exotic you want, you're controlling the flow.

So why does each weapon have a different time? Let's ready the flavor text of each weapon.

Queensbreakers bow-Despite the Breakers' treachery, Her Majesty still stands.
Lord of Wolves-By this right alone do I rule.
Dreg's Promise-I am a marvel with ten thousand arms.

We know Dregs Promise refers to the Dregs, which are numerous(ten thousand arms refers to this).

But the text refers to Kells, Archons, and Barons. Let's breakdown the Queenbreakers description-
Despite the Breakers' treachery, her majesty still stands.

This is referring to Skolas, the Kell. He was treacherous, escaped and killed many of the Queen's guard. So reading the text, 'The Kell uses the Cipher to control the flow..'. That's to throw you off. What it's saying is, the Kell grows the biggest because he requires the most ether from a Cipher. So if you choose Queensbreaker bow, it'll take 72 hours for the cipher to complete.

Archons and Barons we know use either Shrapnel Launchers(Essentially Lord of Wolves) or from what we saw in one of the mission, swords. Either way, they are referred to after the Kell, so they take 48 hours, being the 2nd largest entities.

This is all wrapped up in the actual choice, how the weapons are lined up-The bow is first, the Lord of Wolves is middle, the Promise is last. Refer to the text again-

Kell(Queensbreaker) Uses Ciphers to control the Ether flow. Archons and Barons(Lord of Wolves) take deep draughts, grow tall. Dregs with tiny sips stay small.(Dreg's Promise.)

Essentially, the flavor text is a hint to how long each decision will take, starting with the longest and ending with the smallest. It's a huge clue thrown in. There is no reason to state that the Cipher is used to control the flow of Ether, and then state directly afterward that is how X and X grow big or stay small, unless it was a clue.

This is why it lets you 'choose' what weapon you want after finding the cipher from the chest. It's a riddle that, if not solved properly, will mean that you take 72 hours if you choose the 'wrong' answer and 24 hours if you choose the 'right' answer. It's why it lets you pick again in the end.

And I got my Lord of Wolves 48 hours after the fact. Again, being the middle selection from when you pick, this theory fits together.

Yes, I think that's it. There is no reason why Variks would have you choose twice for which exotic you want- There's precedent that when you get a Vanguard Missive, your choice is final, In this, the flavor text is a clue,now that I'm back from work-

Archons are inevitably the highest ranking, right bellow Kell.
Barons come after Archons.

And Dregs are the lowest.

'Kell uses Ciphers to control the flow' is the key here. It's pretty much saying, that since you have the Cipher, you get to decide the flow. So the first option of 'choosing' an exotic you want, you're controlling the flow.

So why does each weapon have a different time? Let's ready the flavor text of each weapon.

Queensbreakers bow-Despite the Breakers' treachery, Her Majesty still stands.
Lord of Wolves-By this right alone do I rule.
Dreg's Promise-I am a marvel with ten thousand arms.

We know Dregs Promise refers to the Dregs, which are numerous(ten thousand arms refers to this).

But the text refers to Kells, Archons, and Barons. Let's breakdown the Queenbreakers description-
Despite the Breakers' treachery, her majesty still stands.

This is referring to Skolas, the Kell. He was treacherous, escaped and killed many of the Queen's guard. So reading the text, 'The Kell uses the Cipher to control the flow..'. That's to throw you off. What it's saying is, the Kell grows the biggest because he requires the most ether from a Cipher. So if you choose Queensbreaker bow, it'll take 72 hours for the cipher to complete.

Archons and Barons we know use either Shrapnel Launchers(Essentially Lord of Wolves) or from what we saw in one of the mission, swords. Either way, they are referred to after the Kell, so they take 48 hours, being the 2nd largest entities.

This is all wrapped up in the actual choice, how the weapons are lined up-The bow is first, the Lord of Wolves is middle, the Promise is last. Refer to the text again-

Essentially, the flavor text is a hint to how long each decision will take, starting with the longest and ending with the smallest. It's a huge clue thrown in. There is no reason to state that the Cipher is used to control the flow of Ether, and then state directly afterward that is how X and X grow big or stay small, unless it was a clue.

This is why it lets you 'choose' what weapon you want after finding the cipher from the chest. It's a riddle that, if not solved properly, will mean that you take 72 hours if you choose the 'wrong' answer and 24 hours if you choose the 'right' answer. It's why it lets you pick again in the end.

And I got my Lord of Wolves 48 hours after the fact. Again, being the middle selection from when you pick, this theory fits together.

Or maybe the stupid waiting quest is bugged

rNilla

truth-is-out-there.gif

Pantheon is awful. If teams aren't camping their spawn they're camping one of the million hallways on the map. All the lanes to the center are major final round and grenade lanes too, and then when you're in the center it's prime for blink shotgun. Luckily I haven't seen this abused too much yet, but it's still too cramped and campy for me. Also don't like how the heavy spawns right as you reach it.

Ken

Pantheon is awful. If teams aren't camping their spawn they're camping one of the million hallways on the map. All the lanes to the center are major final round and grenade lanes too, and then when you're in the center it's prime for blink shotgun. Luckily I haven't seen this abused too much yet, but it's still too cramped and campy for me. Also don't like how the heavy spawns right as you reach it.

Bottom heavy is a trap. Saw multiple people fall off in that round lol.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Huh, and maybe if you don't pick the same gun both times it takes longer as well?

We might be on to something here :)

_woLf

I remember back when Destiny launched I tried to play Salvage and lost because my teammates always quit. So I stopped. Never won a single match.

Decided to try it again. Two matches, both times both my teammates quit almost immediately.

Fuck salvage.

LTWood12

It's real bad.

What time you planning to start the train tomorrow? Just wondering if I need to wake up early or not.

It's real bad.

What time you planning to start the train tomorrow? Just wondering if I need to wake up early or not.

not early. probably after 2pm EST is when i'll start mine back up.

to be honest i'm not very enthused about this week anymore because this map is really boring to play.

Anastasis

So I decided to play a little crucible for the Thorn bounty I've been sitting on. I've always thought myself terrible, but somehow I've played pretty well. I take it I'm probably not as good as I think, only that the hardcore are playing ToO leaving scrubs like me a chance at success.

LTWood12

not early. probably after 2pm EST is when i'll start mine back up.

to be honest i'm not very enthused about this week anymore because this map is really boring to play.

I can't blame you. I'd rather you take tomorrow off as opposed to burning yourself out.

I can't blame you. I'd rather you take tomorrow off as opposed to burning yourself out.

i don't think i'll need a break but i'm reconsidering playing next week if it's going to be another bad map. i'm glad i'm able to help people out but i don't find all this camping enjoyable in the slightest.

blackjaw

i don't think i'll need a break but i'm reconsidering playing next week if it's going to be another bad map. i'm glad i'm able to help people out but i don't find all this camping enjoyable in the slightest.

Don't blame you this map blows...tired of watching that intro...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom