• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defyler

Any other thoughts? Been postponing the decision for days now, lol

This has been me all day. Just going to wait I think till more people come to a conclusion. None seem to really stand out or are worth giving up a ghorn spot for some unique purpose.

Can't remember exactly which weapon he was talking about but my friend was trying to tell me it was better to run normal crota THEN hard crota as there was a normal only weapon or two which had a better chance to drop in normal. I thought and was trying to tell him if you do hard you get both your normal and hard roll at once, so by doing normal then hard he was just wasting time.

Can anyone confirm who was wrong here? I thought I had it right, maybe not..

Ken

Been hell week at work, still need to run Nightfall on all my characters; my Titan will give it a go at level 31.

I'm going to start out solo on my Warlock if anyone wants to join. PSN Ghaleon_EB.

You still need help or are good? Oops, that was an hour ago. Let me know if you're still at it though and I can hop in.

Can't remember exactly which weapon he was talking about but my friend was trying to tell me it was better to run normal crota THEN hard crota as there was a normal only weapon or two which had a better chance to drop in normal. I thought and was trying to tell him if you do hard you get both your normal and hard roll at once, so by doing normal then hard he was just wasting time.

The special and heavy weapons from Crota only drop on Normal, so if you are missing some it is better if you run normal first.

Special and heavy CE weapons drop in Normal. Primary weapons drop in Hard Mode CE.

noomi

Any other thoughts? Been postponing the decision for days now, lol

Bow first, shotgun later when you get another bounty.

Pretty good run at trials today. So many close games we could have won but just the slightest miss or hesitation can severely alter the round. Pretty damn fun overall. Almost beat a whole team that went Flawless as well and they greeted us with a GG afterwards. Good times

That was hella fun and intense, we he a pretty solid team going too. Lots of close calls and oh shit moments haha, loved it.

In all fairness I was getting a bit tired from pretty much playing all day, so I don't feel like I gave you guys my 100% game. Going to get some rest and be good to go tomorrow.

Bow first, shotgun later when you get another bounty.

That was hella fun and intense, we he a pretty solid team going too. Lots of close calls and oh shit moments haha, loved it.

In all fairness I was getting a bit tired from pretty much playing all day, so I don't feel like I gave you guys my 100% game. Going to get some rest and be good to go tomorrow.

Same here. Roommate drama and playing all day had me a bit worn down.

I think we've got this though. For just forming a new group, we did really well.

XenoRaven

If someone ever asked me what drinks are better with lime, I would stop them and tell them to ask me what drinks are better WITHOUT lime, because that is a much shorter list.

I need to do PoE 32+ and the nightfall on my 32 (and a HALF) Titan. My PSN is CartmanPat

Anyone? Help? :p

Edit: I'd also love to try trials but I don't blame anyone for not wanting me haha

hoggert

Wanted a Corrective Measure ever since I was first destroyed by one in Control. Randomly went through all my legendaries since I need to shard some for space and realized I have a void Harm's Way with persistence/field scout/surplus. CM has better stats, but still close enough.

Omni

I HATE the ToO map this week. Ridiculous. Far too big. Not even going to bother playing.

They should have stuck with Mercury.

Actually, going off that flavour text, I'd say it'd have something to do with how many Fallen enemies you kill. Maybe something like killing lots of Vandals/Captains cut the hidden timer down by so much, and killing dregs cuts the timer down less.

Actually, something popped into my mind. Vandals(queens bow) and captains(lord of wolves) need more ether to geow big(time required). Dregs require less and stay small(drega promise takes 24 hours.)

Its a riddle of sorts, in the ciphers flavor text. Its why you can choose again which one you want in the final step of the quest.

I really hope next week's PoE modifiers don't suck a giant hippo dick. I'm fairly salty at the fact that I just wasted 4 hours bashing my head against Skolas. The boss and the encounter in and of them selves is not difficult by any means. Disarming bombs isn't hard, passing off an instant kill effect isn't hard, taking down a bullet sponge boss with an infinite ammo cannon(I'm super fucking tired of bosses not having to reload and enemies grenades and rockets not hurting them), but what is hard is when dregs can nuke you with constant grenades when they can't even see you, when vandals have 2 shot kill wire rifles and pulse rifles with bullets that track like there is no tomorrow, and when captains have melee that is a 1 hit kill. Added on top of all that the constant.fucking.spawns. It also sucks when you try to run around the arena and a vandal is just waiting at the top of the stairs to ice your ass as you run away from everything else.

Please, for the love of god, someone from Bungie come on this forum and tell us why in the hell you thought this fight would be enjoyable or challenging because it is neither of those things. It is cheap, it is boring, and shit like this will drive away more people than it will keep. I know other people have bitched about this ad nauseam, but damn, that fight sucks. I'm still determined to do it once, but I'll probably pass this week. Hopefully I can get to Mercury once, and then I'll be done with HoW for a good while.

Goodnight, GAF. May the darkness not consume you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom