• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question can a lvl 33 with maxed gally and two 34s with maxed gally and hunger burn Quodron?

Also if anyone carrying srubs on ToO lmk id love to just get the packages psn is Legendkilla3rd.

lt519

Gave up on Qodron, basically had us like

We did it last night without burning him down by using 3 Icebreakers and had two people designated as Eye killers and one as an Eye spotter while DPSing the boss. Hang right, have a warlock for a resurrection bailout if you can't find the eye and a Titan with a blessing of light to dip in and out of when you can. Gunslingers can take down shields without the buff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3gf9_ybi4

If you are interested in taking a look

Thanks for the help, my first Skolas kill. Useful having the second titan for protection once we started working on the mines. Almost essential, not sure how to do it without that.

I'm glad I remembered I could bring my titan along.
Note: avoid walking to into team's rockets lol

They need to patch that asap. I want my ships and shader!

So true. I was looking forward to my Titania having the shader x__x

Question can a lvl 33 with maxed gally and two 34s with maxed gally and hunger burn Quodron?

Also if anyone carrying srubs on ToO lmk id love to just get the packages psn is Legendkilla3rd.

Maybe if you execute perfectly but it's not easy. Tried a few times with 2 34s and a 33 all with ghorns and had trouble taking him out before the first detains came out. Swapped the 33 for a 34 and it was trivial.

not early. probably after 2pm EST is when i'll start mine back up.

to be honest i'm not very enthused about this week anymore because this map is really boring to play.
Yeah it's awful. I'd much rather play Burning Shrine and I hate that damn map. What the hell made them choose Pantheon?

Please be Shores of Time next week. I might actually be able to carry people in that one. Or Blind Watch.

KxoZz

interesting. When you get a flawless passage in ToO, you can buy a new passage without trading in the flawless one. Then you can trade in the flawless passage for a new one which basically gives you 2 empty passages.
When the next ToO rolls around one passage acts like a mercy buff that works 3 times instead of only once for free!

GhaleonEB

While seeking out a bounty for Petra on Venus, I ran into a Vex sacrifice event just starting up, at the Ishtar Cliffs. I join the one guy there, just in time to prevent a sacrifice when the other Guardian wasn't looking. About 30 seconds later, another joins.

And that's when the Wolves began prowling, right next to us. One peels off to engage them fully, while two of us defend the conflux. Between Vex waves we're laying down fire on the Wolves, and as both of the events escalated, the Vex and Fallen landed close enough to start fighting. A virtual mega-battle broke out, with the three of us defending the conflux, fighting the Wolves, and trying not to die in the crossfire.

(I was also grabbing wire wraps for a patrol mission and pumice thread for a bounty, so shit was popping up everywhere.)

In the end all three of us survived, completed both events, and grabbed the ether chest twice each. It was the kind of accidental emergent combat / Guardian bonding I've wanted to see since Destiny came out. So great.

lt519

interesting. When you get a flawless passage in ToO, you can buy a new passage without trading in the flawless one. Then you can trade in the flawless passage for a new one which basically gives you 2 empty passages.
When the next ToO rolls around one passage acts like a mercy buff that works 3 times instead of only once for free!

Both passages will record your wins and losses, and if you delete one it'll delete both. Not good :p

In the end all three of us survived, completed both events, and grabbed the ether chest twice each. It was the kind of accidental emergent combat / Guardian bonding I've wanted to see since Destiny came out. So great.

That's awesome! It seems like the public events seem to happen a lot around the wolves prowling events. The same happened to us on the Ishtar Cliffs as well but it devolved into chaos and we lost the Vex Confluxes and barely eeked out killing the Wolves in time. It got straight up chaotic. I also had a Warstat event happen at the same time in Skywatch and that special Hive boss decided to show and just wrecked us all.

joecanada

So I'm still kinda new at HoW... I went 8-3 tonight in TOO and got an armpiece, scout rifle and some etheric light so what do I do now? I'm currently level 32 with all crota gear what's best way up from here

Trace

Banned
So I'm still kinda new at HoW... I went 8-3 tonight in TOO and got an armpiece, scout rifle and some etheric light so what do I do now? I'm currently level 32 with all crota gear what's best way up from here

Upgrade an exotic, grab a piece of 42 light armor from PoE 34, and then use your three light (two from ToO one from Poe) to get your other 2 armor to 42 light and one weapon to 365.

That's a great haul. The only thing that character can still accomplish is a perfect 9-0 to go to Mercury for a big reward chest. If that doesn't seem likely, just do it on another character and try to get the Trials rewards.

zewone

I'm assuming that ram helm was pretty essential to you staying alive while defusing the mines? Seemed like you used a resurrection every time too.
I feel most of the warlock exotics are useless and that extra armor may have came in handy lol.

We did it last night without burning him down by using 3 Icebreakers and had two people designated as Eye killers and one as an Eye spotter while DPSing the boss. Hang right, have a warlock for a resurrection bailout if you can't find the eye and a Titan with a blessing of light to dip in and out of when you can. Gunslingers can take down shields without the buff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3gf9_ybi4

If you are interested in taking a look

Thanks for this!

E92 M3

Elaborate on the last part please?

joecanada

That's a great haul. The only thing that character can still accomplish is a perfect 9-0 to go to Mercury for a big reward chest. If that doesn't seem likely, just do it on another character and try to get the Trials rewards.
Don't have another character so I'll take that as good nights work.. We started 0-2 then won 8 straight then got murdered lol... But I'm pretty happy for first pvp destiny matches in a month..

So if I did TOO again on same character I'm limited as to what I'd get?

Ascend an exotic and use the boots, gauntlets name ether if light to get your character to 34 (assuming the arm piece you are talking about is +42 light armor from the ToO vendor packages, not +36 light stuff dropped during matches). So pick a favorite helmet or chest exotic and the other piece as your favorite legendary gear (can be VoG, Crota, whatever), ascend the exotic with an exotic shard and the legendary with etheric light. When all 4 armor pieces are 42 light your character will be Lv34, the new level cap.

Alternatively you can do a Lv32 PoE to get an armor core and buy the 42 light chest from the Variks vendor but then you are stuck with what he's selling (all strength chest = meh to me). Once you are 34 you can run all the PoE levels (28, 32, 34 and 35) for more etheric light, weapons and armor.

EL CUCO

We have arrived
aBhWmvC.jpg

Spoils of war
SCmDLL7.jpg

Good runs with Soss and Mayle.

KxoZz

Elaborate on the last part please?

It's really only good for when you start your weekly ToO and you lose your first matches. Your losses (and wins) only record to one of the two passages, so when you lose your first 2 matches like i did, you can just discsrd the one passage and carry on with the second.

Game just gave me back to back legendary weapons. one from a wolf chest (vangaurd sniper) and then from a random blue primary engram (Scout rifle).

This week alone has also given me three sets of legendary boots, and a pair of gloves. Not to mention getting the hella sweet hunter helm with the 6x golden gun shot dmg from the first exotic helm engram I bought, and a The Last Word from my first POE key.

It's like its telling me sorry for TDB and quitting for six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom