• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Best just wear Achlyophage Symbiote from the get go for those sweet four shots. Actually wiped an entire team today only for one guy to radiance on me. I guess he didn't notice my super was still up and just counted my shots, because I shot him straight back down lol.

Had a guy use Symbiote and kill the entire team, the countdown timer stats and I self resurrect to avoid defeat...the guy killed me immediately ofcourse because he still had his super on. Countdown starts again but the guy is now out of super...my other teammate who was dead right beside me revives and punches him to death. :p

Mindlog

We tried one of each class for a while but we kept dying at the camp spot while the hunter ran out to the mines. I think if we focused on clearing the adds and then damaging Skolas that would have worked. It was just convenient that we had a player with another Titan to help with a bubble for the end and was more of an easy button for us. I'd be very interested to see your video, our hunter had a hard time staying alive defusing mines as well. In the end the Warlock res was perfect for that.
Credit to ReignofSparrows for getting the strat together.

Killing Scrolas

Keys.
Hunter leaves early enough to get to the far mine with no problem.
If the Hunter is marked then the Warlock should take it immediately.
Titan and Warlock trade off staggering Skolas. This is very important.
P&T does less damage, but the amount of stagger two of them can get is very impressive. You don't just hold Skolas off. You push him back.

I thought my maxxed Arc Radegast Fury would stagger Skolas, but it doesn't. That damage helps though. Overall there's something that feels right when the super for every class plays a key role in clearing the encounter.

Why kill 3-4 or 5 people with GG when you can kill one person six times harder
Lmao. I think it would be good in PVP and PVE if instead of just doing 6x damage it cause a target to explode and do 6x damage in the vicinity like a nova bomb but with a smaller radius.

Actually has anyone used combustion with it? Maybe it already does this.

Palocca

Anyone want to run Trials? I just want to get enough wins for the armor. I'm having a hard time enjoying this week because I don't like the map at all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How good is this game now? I'm watching the Angry Joe review now and he's not painting a pretty picture of it. I ordered a PS4 today and I'm kinda interested in the game, or at least I was lol.

So does anyone know how to join and who would help me do ToO to get flawless?

I tried last week to no success and I hope I can get to mercury this week at least.

How good is this game now? I'm watching the Angry Joe review now and he's not painting a pretty picture of it. I ordered a PS4 today and I'm kinda interested in the game, or at least I was lol.

Angry Joe is awful. Why would you do that to yourself?

Anyway, Destiny still has problems with repetition, but it is also 100% better than when the game lauched. more content. Less grind. More fun.

Haines

Banned

Everyone who actually plays it loves it. Its the rest that find it fun to hate on.

Am going to attempt to make a blueprint map for Pantheon. I tremendously despise this map and it's not even worth the effort since it's a very simple map with obvious callouts, but my curiosity wont let me give up without trying to think of names for them. I'm weird like that. Anyway, here's the text version I've come up with in order from spawning.

• Red/Blue Spawn
  • Red/Blue Base
  • Red/Blue Flag (alternatively, Red/Blue Ring)
  • Red Blue Lobby
  • Red/Blue Halls (the narrow hallways on one side)
  • Red/Blue Cliff (the cliff on the opposite side)
  • Red/Blue Ramp (the ramp near the lobby and near the low heavy spawn
  • Red/Blue Corner (the two corners between lobby, waterfall and the halls)
  • Cliff[side]/Open [Heavy]
  • Water[fall]/Closed [Heavy]
  • Top Mid/Cube
  • Bridge

I think that's about it for this map. Most of these wont even be used. All you really need to know are Flag, Lobby, Cliff and Waterfall

stb

I think it's $20 at toys r us this weekend. Pick it up, and if you hate it trade it in.

That said, this is the game I've spent the most time on in the shortest period ever.

If you play with 2 other friends its great.
If you love running the same things over and over for a chance at a specific item (think MMO/Diablo grind) its great.
If you rate games on a hours/$ ratio Destiny is fantastic, most people here paid $50-100 for the game + both DLCs and have put in hundreds and hundreds of hours into it.
If you love run and gun games where you are just killing stuff all the time for microscopic advancement its great.
If you love collecting stuff (armor, weapons, gear) through a variety of weapons - think pokemon - its great.

If you only have a limited amount of game time per week its probably crap.
If you hate PVP its crap.
If you value stories that make sense its pretty crappy. Story is nonsensical trash although you can see bits of brilliance peak out sometimes.

nOoblet16

Lmao. I think it would be good in PVP and PVE if instead of just doing 6x damage it cause a target to explode and do 6x damage in the vicinity like a nova bomb but with a smaller radius.

Actually has anyone used combustion with it? Maybe it already does this.

That'd be the most OP super ever...accurate mini nova bomb from across the map.

Am going to attempt to make a blueprint map for Pantheon. I tremendously despise this map and it's not even worth the effort since it's a very simple map with obvious callouts, but my curiosity wont let me give up without trying to think of names for them. I'm weird like that. Anyway, here's the text version I've come up with in order from spawning.

• Red/Blue Spawn
  • Red/Blue Base
  • Red Blue Lobby
  • Top Mid/Cube
  • Bridge

I think that's about it for this map. Most of these wont even be used. All you really need to know are Flag, Lobby, Cliff and Waterfall

Zoba, how long till the train leaves the station? I wanna know if I have time enough to do something else like PoE.

LTWood12

• Red/Blue Spawn
  • Red/Blue Base
  • Red Blue Lobby
  • Top Mid/Cube
  • Bridge

Very helpful! I'll be ready.

great, Osiris trials were too much for my launch day PS4. Got some kind of an YLOD problem.

Destiny started to lose icons and sounds, then just bluescreen.
PS4 won't reboot unless i pull the plug.
Now machine wont bootup anymore, just get's stuck in a "checking system storage status... 99%"

Thanks a lot bungie! :(

E92 M3

What's funny is that Bungie made PVP so generous (and PVE opposite) that I started taking it seriously and now loving it! All I want to play is PVP and just keep getting better. Never thought the day would come where I play PVP over PVE in Destiny. I'm still shocked myself.

Psychologically, I followed a very primitive food trail to the "dessert." Obviously, the rewards were the incentive. Seems like as much as Bungie hates it, just make everything full of rewards and players will love it. Trials is among the best activities in the game for the rewards it offers.

It's a sniping map. So if your opponents aren't good at sniping it should be an easy win.

Alternatively, if you choke every sniper shot like i was yesterday, rounds will be a lot closer than they should be.

I've been on a downward spiral since March I think. I played one tryhard game back then and just choked really hard. After that, I've noticed a lot more lows than highs. Don't even know how I'm still on the Trials leaderboards.

Don't want to start blaming weapons. Obviously not having Baby Blue means my snipe isn't 100% but i'm really getting tired of losing easy fights and missing easy snipes. Start getting desperate jumping at the enemy to try and overwhelm them and that ain't good either, especially in this mode.

Had one guy in my stream calling me out lol. I think he was just messing with me though because he also called out my Hunter's shader and jeggings. ayy nobody messes with these jeggings. I don't care what Fig says, these are the best damn Hunter boots in the game and it's not even close.

t0rment

you're not asking in the right place, most people here will dismiss the flaws of the game and tell you to buy the game anyway.

all of the things in the angry joe review is true, all of them. non-existent story, repetitive mission design, lack of content, bullet sponge bosses, god awful rng, etc. the question is, are you willing to go through those flaws to enjoy the good parts of the game? the gunplay is great, the gear is awesome and most part of the community are helpful.

there's a demo on psn, download that and see if you like it first.

So I decided to play a little crucible for the Thorn bounty I've been sitting on. I've always thought myself terrible, but somehow I've played pretty well. I take it I'm probably not as good as I think, only that the hardcore are playing ToO leaving scrubs like me a chance at success.

I was hovering at about a .9 ratio earlier and that was a miracle. I was finding myself wishing that Destiny had a "For Fun/For Glory" system to keep me away from people who have no other hobbies.

Urishizu

Looking for a third for poe 32 on xbone. We are both 33s. Message Urishizu on xbone and I will invite if we still have room. No mics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom